LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Ugly People

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Old 18th October 2005, 7:12 PM   #1
Established Member

Ugly People

How do ugly people get together? I'm short & unattractive. What hope do I have of EVER finding even a half-way attractive girlfriend/wife/whatever? I see ugly couples together sometimes...do they REALLY find each other attractive? How can I date a girl I don't find attractive, simply because she was the best I could get with my looks?
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2005, 7:19 PM   #2
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad
How do ugly people get together? I'm short & unattractive. What hope do I have of EVER finding even a half-way attractive girlfriend/wife/whatever? I see ugly couples together sometimes...do they REALLY find each other attractive? How can I date a girl I don't find attractive, simply because she was the best I could get with my looks?
My God man! You have posted on this topic for awhile and you still don't get it. How would anybody find you attractive with such an attitude? You need counseling to get past the negative image you have about yourself.
Please seek out someone who deals in body/looks disorders. You are probably not as bad as you imagine. Even Quasimodo had his appeal.
Jayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2005, 7:23 PM   #3

I am considered unattractive to by most people. Some girls find me attractive though, now i am only a junior in highschool and had one girl friend, but i found her to be pretty, not amazingly hot, but i thought i could deal with her looks quite fine. It is my burden to tell you that life is not fair. For those of us that are ugly we cannot have sexy girlfriends like pretty boys have simply becuase we were unlukcy and were not born with great looks. It is simply darwinism. But, by no means necassary, give up hope. There is always a chance that some attractive girl will find you and like the way you look. Furthermore, you have nothing to lose. You only live once, get out there and utilize your great personality to seduce a woman. Every guy has it in them.
UpandDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2005, 8:18 PM   #4
Established Member

I wouldn't post this if it weren't the truth, not just my low self-esteem talking. Several people over the course of my life (I'm about 26) have called me unattractive in some way or another, sometimes to my face or sometimes as an offhand comment. And my EXTREMELY low success with online dating has more or less cemented this fact. Shortness doesn't help, either.

It's become clear to me I"m NEVER gonna get a decent-looking girlfriend (or even DATE). So how is it that ugly people get together with each other? Do you just have to take an ugly girl & hope her looks "grow on" you???
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2005, 8:24 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad
It's become clear to me I"m NEVER gonna get a decent-looking girlfriend (or even DATE). So how is it that ugly people get together with each other? Do you just have to take an ugly girl & hope her looks "grow on" you???
Here's your problem. You haven't learned that looks are skin deep and beauty comes from within. You can't learn to love who you are because of your outside, you don't realize that it's of little importance. Once you understand that looks are not important you will find those girls that you find "ugly" on the outside will most likely be the ones that are most beautiful on the inside. Work on being happy with who you are and the rest will follow.
JS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2005, 8:36 PM   #6
Unconfirmed Account

Nomad..

try bodybuilding, it really helps someone gain self confidence
SmilingMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2005, 9:43 PM   #7
Established Member

ugly issues

I feel that outcast, looney and scratch could be of help in answering your questions.

Gold Pile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2005, 10:01 PM   #8
Established Member

So you really are 17.
Outcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2005, 10:27 PM   #9
Established Member

Wear a bag over your head and call yourself The Unknown Comic. Everything old is new again and no one has tried that one in a while. you may be an instant hit.
Neptune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2005, 10:29 PM   #10
Established Member

To the OP, what is beautiful or attractive? Heck, what is sexy, hot, and what is it to be a hunk? Think to yourself, you've been programmed from day 1 to look a certain way, and to look for a certain look, it is called socializing! What you've got to do if you don't want to be judged, is stop judging! Don't look for the most beautiful woman, but look for the one that you have a attraction to. That doesn't mean they have to look a certain way, that just means they spark an interest in you. However, if you don't have confidence in yourself, then anyone that you approach, is going to see that, and they aren't going to be attracted to you. Show some confidence and you'll be surprised at what you can accomplish.

In summary, stop judging others, and get some confidence in yourself. No one is beautiful or attractive to everyone, so just because someone says that to you doesn't mean you aren't attractive to someone else!

Here is a test, everyone from this post on, post an actress/actor that is the most beautiful, sexy, etc. in your opinion! I bet, that no two answers will be the same!
tonyp56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2005, 10:37 PM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS17
Here's your problem. You haven't learned that looks are skin deep and beauty comes from within. You can't learn to love who you are because of your outside, you don't realize that it's of little importance. Once you understand that looks are not important you will find those girls that you find "ugly" on the outside will most likely be the ones that are most beautiful on the inside. Work on being happy with who you are and the rest will follow.
Good post, JS. Sadly, he probably won't listen to your advice. He can't be happy with himself because he feels like life has delt him a cruel hand. I still think counseling would do you a world of good. Think about it.
Jayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2005, 11:07 PM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawks
Good post, JS. Sadly, he probably won't listen to your advice. He can't be happy with himself because he feels like life has delt him a cruel hand. I still think counseling would do you a world of good. Think about it.
Well thank you Jayhawks I agree on the counseling front but I think everyone needs it Unfortunately I think you have to really want help and want to change and be committed to make counseling work. If you're really unhappy, a counselor will be able to help you.
JS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2005, 11:15 PM   #13
Established Member

Time for some therapy and I'm not joking. Your attitude and way of thinking is so wrong.

I went to school with a girl who was very very large. Let's leave it at that. I tell ya, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why she always had a boyfriend! I liked her and she was an aquaintence of mine, we travelled in the same group at times and hung out...

Now I look back and you know what? She had self confidence. She didn't give a ***** that she had a weight issue. She was secure within herself and oozed that, so remember...Positive energy and being happy attracts people. Fat, ugly, beautiful, skinny, whatever...It doesn't matter, it's all inside and what YOU think and believe that counts.

Do you have alot of friends? Are you outgoing or shy? Are you happy with WHO you are (I mean, inside, not by how you look) because all these things count.

There are MANY very beautiful women and some good looking men who are very insecure too. At the end of the day I would rather have someone I love for WHO they not by how they look! Looks fade in life, personality doesn't. Remember that!
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2005, 4:26 AM   #14

well if we r gonna talk bout looks im fat but i dress nicely and im starting exercising if u'd like to see a picture of me http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/7...ggie0036pz.jpg
i got shot down by the perfect girl ! she was sweet , beutifull , genourous ...i posted why.

Last edited by Biggster; 19th October 2005 at 4:33 AM..
Biggster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2005, 6:45 AM   #15
Established Member

http://www.intellectualwhores.com/ladderintro.html

contains some swearing.

It's pretty funny, don't take it seriously but it does raise some points and might help you think about the whole thing.

My advice would be to give up on trying to find the "pretty" girl, you're only 17, just try and have some fun. You'll fall in love with the right girl when the time is right. You can't force the issue
AlmostMarried77 is offline   Reply With Quote