My dad just had a stroke

alphamale

Good to hear the updated news.

I think anyone would be different after what your father experienced. He is more grateful and humbled to be alive I'm sure.

Taking the experience yourself how would you look at your own life now?

You too will be his age one day (provided nothing bad happens on the way) and seeing what you could have inheritied in genetics (not mentioning lifestyle), does it make you think you should make some changes to your lifestyle?

Now back to your father. It is wonderful your dad is doing so well. As I said before "to you", he was very fortunate that you were visiting him when this happened. You are his saving angel. He will show you his appreciation if you open your eyes.

His meekness, his humbleness, the look in his eyes when he speaks to you, the tone of his voice it will be there. He seen your abilities in the time of crisis. You saved his life..

;)

Update:

Yeah so dad's been home for about 8 or 9 days now. He seems to be OK physically but I've noticed some small change in his personality. I don't know what it is. He seems quieter now and less stoic than he used to be. It'll take me time to figure it out. His doc put him on injectable insulin today to control his diabetes better. So instead of the pills he's gotta inject that crap into himself. And I don't know how many meds he's taking daily, maybe 12 to 15? Wow, getting old is rough and he's got it fairly good compared to some others his age.

I'm sure he's spending alot of time inside his head, and noticing differences in himself too and isn't happy about it. I'm sure that's real hard for him, as well as it is for the rest of you too.

Family is everything.