My dad just had a stroke

alphamale

So I really don't know what the future holds except that it could have been much much worse.

I don't think they can ever predict recovery with stroke patients. It varies too much from one person to the next.

It's encouraging to know he's being cared for in a good hospital. Thank goodness you reacted so quickly.

Your family continues to be in my thoughts. XO

I'm trying to...i only had 3 hrs sleep sunday nite and 2.5 hrs sleep tonite. I'm exhausted mentally and physicially. I will give you folks another update on the situation later today after I get back from the hospital.

Alpha, you are exhausted. Yet you are finding the time to keep us all posted here at LS.

Thanks. :)

Your family is lucky to have you.

Alpha, you are exhausted. Yet you are finding the time to keep us all posted here at LS.

LS takes your mind off of things, a good distraction, though I hope you are getting some sleep and eating abit.

Oh speaking of distraction, check your PM.

Sorry about your dad, Alpha. I hope your father is able to recover and be able to continue his career to the best of his ability. I'm sure things are hard for him now, so it's good he has family members that are so concerned. I guess at this point the focus will be on his therapy, preventing/monitoring formation of clots. Think positive, and best wishes to your dad.

I'm coming into this post late, and didn't read all the replies, but sorry to hear alpha. Hope things with your dad get better. Chin up. :)

Jade

• Author

I have good news everyone....Dad just came home. He looks great considering what he went thru. His dog went crazy when he saw him, they are buddies....

I'm glad this nightmare is over. Thank you everyone on LS, you've been a great help to me!!!

And the story ends where it started, in my fathers den with me on the 'puter on LS :laugh:

Congrats Alpha.

I am happy for you.

I am a caregiver for my elderly parents so if you ever need someone to talk to you, well you know where to find me.

Thanks for the great news!

lighthouse

I have good news everyone....Dad just came home. He looks great considering what he went thru. His dog went crazy when he saw him, they are buddies....

I'm glad this nightmare is over. Thank you everyone on LS, you've been a great help to me!!!

And the story ends where it started, in my fathers den with me on the 'puter on LS :laugh:

Glad to hear he's home. And that his dog is happy! I'm sure the little fella (or maybe he's not a little dog) was wonderin' where his daddy was. :)

Get some sleep tonight.

Awesome!! Strong man, your dad..

And the irony isn't lost on me that today your dad came home and tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Have a great one...:)

• Author
Glad to hear he's home. And that his dog is happy! I'm sure the little fella (or maybe he's not a little dog) was wonderin' where his daddy was. :)

Get some sleep tonight.

yeah i will try to. Me and my buddy Chip weht to a singles event. He ended up leaving with some woman and I got a movie date for Thurs nite with some women named Star. cute blonde....:)

I hope you will be getting some sleep/rest..

I'm going to try to A_C...

Awesome!! Strong man, your dad..

Thanx CG....most physicians are pretty strong...they have to be....

Glad to hear it, Alpha! Sorry for all you've been through the past few days.

• Author
Glad to hear it, Alpha! Sorry for all you've been through the past few days.

Wow! LONEY....I haven't heard from you in ages. This is certain an extreme pleasure...

• Author
ditto! :cool:

LRB...I just want to bend you over the kitchen counter and give it to you from behind :lmao:

Wow! LONEY....I haven't heard from you in ages. This is certain an extreme pleasure...

:love: Nice to see ya (and ofcourse that cartoon avatar too!).

LRB...I just want to bend you over the kitchen counter and give it to you from behind

Hey Kids!!! Alpha's back to normal now! :laugh:

laRubiaBonita
LRB...I just want to bend you over the kitchen counter and give it to you from behind :lmao:

and when you do.... i will spell run backwards! :lmao:

• Author
and when you do.... i will spell run backwards! :lmao:

Sorry LRB....I was under the influence when I posted that....but I still meant it :laugh:

I think i'll go read some more Pearls Before Swine comix

quietintrovertgirl

Alpha,

Sorry about your dad but your thread spook the &*^ at of me.Why!! I'm thinking about the virgin curse.You and KMT would have bad luck until you do right by a virgin woman.Spooky

Alpha,

Sorry about your dad but your thread spook the &*^ at of me.Why!! I'm thinking about the virgin curse.You and KMT would have bad luck until you do right by a virgin woman.Spooky

If anything should be learned from this, it's that one should not go around cursing people.

Fortunately, I suspect Alpha is not a supersticious man.

Keep us posted on your dad's convalescence Alpha! I'm so glad he's home.