My dad just had a stroke

alphamale

• Author
Bloody hell, Alpha.

tell me about it. last nite was quite an experience. i wouldn't wish it upon anyone

I'm sorry to hear of your bad news, Alpha. A stoke can be cumbersome to all but mostly to the patient. Use your sense of humor to try to cheer him up.

Mostly you should let him know he can count on you. Even if he is distraught about his predicament, it will help to hear the words from you.

I truly hope the damage is minimal and reversible.

Love to you, your Dad and your family XO

Alpha, things like this are always unexpected, but by the way that you have talked about your family, you are truly blessed. You all sound very strong and loving and you stick together during tough times, and sometimes that is all you need to get through this.

Peace

Hi Alphie,

Sorry about your dad. I'm wishing him well and I'll be praying for you and your family.

I know it's hard but try and relax and get some rest. You have to take care of yourself so you may be strong for him.:)

melodymatters

Oh Alpha !!! I am so sorry, I know the feeling of living in a waking nightmare. Stay strong.

Once when I was very upset you sent me hugs and kisses which was quite uncharacteristic of you, so:

BIG HUGS AND KISSES APLHA !!!!!!

XOXOXOXOXOX

This too shall pass.

am so very sorry to hear about your dad's episode – thankfully, he was able to recognize something wrong, I'm thinking that this will go a long way toward his healing and recovery because he acted immediately.

as hard as it is not to worry, try to keep from dwelling too much on what ifs. Talk to him and be assured that he's in good hands, and things will turn out as best as they can.

in the meantime, you and your family are in my prayers – even though we understand that we will watch our parents decline in heath, it's still a bxtch to have to go through.

hugs to you and yours,

quank

I'm so sorry Alpha, but I'm glad you were there.

The quicker they get him on blood thinners the better....

when my grandmother had her stroke at first she didn't even know who I was- then later she came to her senses a bit more.

I hope he's going to be okay- I sent up a prayer for him, and for you!

• Author

just got back from the hosp. he's OK, stablized. still has trouble with the left arm and left side of face. they took him in for an MRI of the head and have some other tests scheduled later today. He did not have a TIA...it was an actual stroke but on the milder side. Probably will keep him in the hosp for a few more days.....

I had to call his clinic earlier today and tell them to cancel all his patients for at least this week and told his boss what happened.

Thanks for all the nice words.

Wow, I'm glad everything turned out OK, alpha. I'm sorry that this happened.

I am totally empathizing with you. I understand.

May his recovery be speedy and his need for rehabilitation be nonexistant..

I'd hug ya.. but everybody is watching and we are guys.. LS rep and all

• Author

funny thing is all these doctors taking care of him look like little kids....they are like in their early 30s and even some residents in their late 20's. WTF! :laugh:

That sucks, Alpha!!!!

You are going to have to trust the younger generation.:eek: Your dad is in good hands. Wishing you the best for you and yours.:bunny:

Sorry to hear that dude! Hang in there.

I'm just seeing this thread now. I'm really sorry to hear that about your dad, alpha. My heart goes out to you and your family.

It does sound like they're taking excellent care of him!

Hang in there, and good thoughts only!

Hugs and more hugs. :love:

SoCalCatman72

Alpha, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, my prayers are with you and your family. I hope he recovers soon.

jeez alpha, i'm so sorry, different time zone etc, i only just saw this.

i welled up. it's funny, you don't really know people, but you do care about 'em.

he's going to be okay. you did well. stay strong.

• Author

just got back from hosp again... they did an MRI and found a bit of hemorrhaging in the brain from the TPA they gave him last nite. but he is ok considering circumstances. they'll do another CT scan tonite and he'll probably be in the hospital for 3 or 4 more days for observation and rehab. They won't let him sleep cause they need to have him awake to see if there are any changes in his speech and brain functions. Poor guy is so tired and a nurse or doctor or orderly is coming into his room every 10 minutes....