My dad just had a stroke

alphamale

• Author
Alpha,

Sorry about your dad but your thread spook the &*^ at of me.Why!! I'm thinking about the virgin curse.You and KMT would have bad luck until you do right by a virgin woman.Spooky

oh no QIG...I forgot about that hex you put on us. You don't think it had anything to do with this do you? Wow! Maybe there is something to all that hocus-pocus stuff.

burning 4 revenge
Alpha,

I hope not but I hope you know .I really like you and Stud muffin(KMT)):).

it's the virgins that love the alphamales the most.

good to see your father is better. tell him b4r wishes him a happy thanksgiving

I had missed this thread but I am glad to hear your father is back home and that it was a minor stroke. With some therapy and family support he should be back to normal in no time. Hope you are holding up ok!!

Wow! LONEY....I haven't heard from you in ages. This is certain an extreme pleasure...

I'm still lurking around checking on the people I care about. :cool:

WWIU - hello to you too, babe!

I'm still lurking around checking on the people I care about. :cool:

WWIU - hello to you too, babe!

I am going to email ya over the weekend! Glad to see ya lurkin' abit! ;)

I am going to email ya over the weekend! Glad to see ya lurkin' abit! ;)

Yes, email me. I tried to send you a joke email about a month back from my new job, but it bounced back to me. I'm using a different addy now. I'll PM it to you. You too Alpha. A_C already has it.

• Author
I'm still lurking around

you sure its not stalking :lmao:

Glad to hear your dad is doing ok, Alpha.:bunny:

thanx YAMMIE

I'll PM it to you. You too Alpha.

PM received...

it's a little late, but I'm glad to hear Dad's back home!

thanx QUANK....it's been a rough six days.

• Author

we're having a little party for my dad tonite. about 25 of his closest friends and some family are coming to see him and have dinner. it should be fun.

it'll be good for him to get some semblance of normality back after what he's been thru.

• Author
how'd it go?

its going good....the house is full and we just finished dinner. I "escaped" for a while to hang out on LS and get away from the crowd.

But Dad seems out of it for some reason. He was trying to hold a china plate with his bad left hand and he dropped it and it shaterred all over.

its going good....the house is full and we just finished dinner. I "escaped" for a while to hang out on LS and get away from the crowd.

But Dad seems out of it for some reason. He was trying to hold a china plate with his bad left hand and he dropped it and it shattered all over.

Well he shouldn't be made to feel pressure to act like every thing's ok if it's not. Maybe he is experiencing some problems and side effects that he is trying to conceal because everyone is acting like he's doing so great. I think you should all be more sensitive to what he is going through so he won't try to do things his body can't do any more.

But Dad seems out of it for some reason. He was trying to hold a china plate with his bad left hand and he dropped it and it shaterred all over.
A stroke is a life changing event and he has a lot on his mind plus he has to learn to do somethings all over again.

Hi,

Well, sorry to hear about the incident and glad that things worked out alright and that your father is back home.

(Twenty five people? wow, don't let him get tired)

Ariadne

• Author
Well he shouldn't be made to feel pressure to act like every thing's ok if it's not. Maybe he is experiencing some problems and side effects that he is trying to conceal because everyone is acting like he's doing so great. I think you should all be more sensitive to what he is going through so he won't try to do things his body can't do any more.

thanx F2bM... the docs & therapists said he should try to get back to normal as soon as he can. i'm sure that he'll do it at his own pace...

A stroke is a life changing event and he has a lot on his mind plus he has to learn to do somethings all over again.

man, you're telling me CRAIG....i read on internet that up to 50% of stroke patients experince severe depression afterwards...

laRubiaBonita

is he on medications at all? that could account for some of his out-of-ness. i just know, when my grandmother just recently had a stroke, the meds they put her on made her seem high, she was totally out of it. it takes some adjustment, you will all be ok. :D

• Author
is he on medications at all?

well he was on 8 different meds before the stroke and now he's on like 10. I think they added 2 but I don't know what they are. He has hi-blood pressure, diabetes, hypolypidemia, and a few other maladies...

12 different meds? That's going to take a toll on his liver. All meds have side effects so a minimum of 12 side effects is a lot for a body to handle. Diet alone can make the diabetes manageable sometimes without meds depending on type 1 or 2. My grandfather lived to 95 and was never on a single medication. But if he's a doctor I guess he knows what he's doing. Maybe you should look up all the meds he's on and do some research on them.

I'm sure having friends and family around him has cheered him up. As tiring as it may be by the end of the night, it's the best thing for him now.

Alpha, keep an eye on him, if he is alone too much, it will give him time to think.....if you know what I mean.

Alpha -just now reading your thread...sorry for all you and your family have been through in the last few days...

However, (Smile) I was *not* surprised, at all, to learn that there was a great big heart on the inside of you, after all.

I can tell you truly love your father.

Wishing you and yours all the very best through the holidays -and *always*.

Sincerely,

-Rio

I have seen the stay strong a little to much that is what is wrong with men today no compassion......look, it is ok to cry!!!! if your father is a doctor he knows how this effects all people. let him know your fears and you need to talk to him to get through this. you will be more of a man and he will treat you and he will treat you alot more like a man and he understands...he does.

the fear you have is normal and it is all ok for you to feel like you do. you have to know that what you saw was very scary!!!!! it is ok and you need to heal and the only way you can is to talk to him and then be strong for him and you never know he probly has fear to. and you will be supprised what will come of it.

• Author

Update:

Yeah so dad's been home for about 8 or 9 days now. He seems to be OK physically but I've noticed some small change in his personality. I don't know what it is. He seems quieter now and less stoic than he used to be. It'll take me time to figure it out. His doc put him on injectable insulin today to control his diabetes better. So instead of the pills he's gotta inject that crap into himself. And I don't know how many meds he's taking daily, maybe 12 to 15? Wow, getting old is rough and he's got it fairly good compared to some others his age.

I don't have any first-hand experience to go by but maybe the change in personality is due to having more on his mind because of the stroke, such as thinking more about his own mortality or whatever. I dunno, just a guess. Good to hear he's doing well though.