living with a large person

WTF? Are you kidding me?

No, quite serious. People probably do it, but IMHO that's not a good reason.

"Attracting a member of the opposite sex isn't."

Ha!:lmao: Stoopid Guy! You're normally pretty wise but that was STUPID!

its a shame because there are SO MANY nice, beautiful people that are stuck in "fat suits"

...and there are plenty of great bodies wasted on a-holes.

-tp

"Attracting a member of the opposite sex isn't."

Ha!:lmao: Stoopid Guy! You're normally pretty wise but that was STUPID!

Ya think? So if a man said to you "You'd be really pretty if you lost ten pounds," you'd consider that a good motivation to loose weight?:confused:

that's a total crock of bull-oney UOW...study after study has shown that even professional women want a man who makes more than they do.

Alpha...I make my own and don't care...period.

I am 5'6" and 124 lbs. 259 is 110-120 lbs more than she needs.

She needs at least 6 months to lose all that fat if she is persistent and consistent in her diet. She should try the boneless chicken-fish-egg whites + veggies + fruits diet and got o sleep half hungry every night. Walking and swimming are excellent for losing weight. Jogging and lifting weights will shape her body.

I just can't believe that so many people would rather eat like pigs, look ugly, and put their health in jeaopardy than look great and be healthy and give up their guilty pleasures. It does take discipline and I don't buy the 'what if she has health problems" thing. Yeah, right! All the fat people have good excuses to be fat and no matter how hard they try, nothing works. I wonder if they have ever really tired to lose weight.

You cannot lose weight unless you are hungry. The human body is NOT programmed to lose weight if you eat as much as your body needs. Exercise won't help you lose weight if you make it up later. There is no such exercise that a fat person's heart can endure that can spend 2,000 calories from one good meal!!!

Losing 100 pounds in 6 months is unhealthy. All experts suggest 2 pounds per week.

So you are popping 10 diet pills a day to keep your 5'6" 124# body? What happens if you miss a dose?

To the OP...the answer is simple. If she makes you happy, there is not a need for this post!

RecordProducer

Allina, I meant if the pills make you eat 2-3,000 calories less per day (talking about fat people, not me) then they are less dangerous than the food. I only recommend the pills as a temporary solution. A few eeks top. Anyway, Allina.. peace, sista, OK? ;) It's my first day of period, I've been crabby today, sorry if I offended you in any way. :o

Originally Posted by stoopid_guy

Attracting a member of the opposite sex isn't.

WTF? Are you kidding me?

Hahah! I was thinking the same. I would say: if you don't care about being attractive to the opposite sex then sure, only think of your health. I however am very concerned about being attractive to the man I want to seduce (in this case to be pretty to my husband). If I had 100 lbs more than I weigh, he would have NEVER even looked at me. yeah, that shallow he is... :p And I am too. And a billion other people. Close your eyes and dream about a pink world where people look like huge tasty meat balls and when they meet they say to each other: "Oh, Josephine, you've gained 50 more pounds since I saw you last time? How much do you weigh now? 300? You look gorgeous! If I were not married, I'd do ya ;)"

:D

Losing 100 pounds in 6 months is unhealthy. All experts suggest 2 pounds per week.

So you are popping 10 diet pills a day to keep your 5'6" 124# body? What happens if you miss a dose?

OK, whatever, I dunno what pace of losing weight is healthy.

No, I lost 8 lbs in the last 2-3 weeks. Most of it came off by itself (I don't how), walking melts my fat very fast. Some of it came off by me refusing to eat at 10 pm when I get really hungry. Then I bought this Hot Rox and noticed that they suppress my appetite like nothing else. I just want to lose 7 more lbs and look really thin. Then I'll stop taking them and try to keep my weight with a smart diet. It's just that you can't lose weight if you don't starve yourself A LITTLE BIT and these pills help me feel stuffed when my stomach is empty. :p

I however am very concerned about being attractive to the man I want to seduce (in this case to be pretty to my husband). If I had 100 lbs more than I weigh, he would have NEVER even looked at me. yeah, that shallow he is... :p And I am too. And a billion other people.
No matter what your shape, there's a man out there who will find you physically attractive enough to date. Look around. You see lots of couples and wonder (at least your shallow side wonders) "Why in the world is she/he with him/her?!?!" Many people simply have different ideas on what's attractive and what's important.

I do agree that once you're in a relationship it wouldn't be fair to your partner to "balloon out."

Zankon,

Have you discussed with her, the option of gastric bypass surgery?

Since you are concerned, talk to her about it. Do, though, bring it up with a sensitive tongue.

I lost 8 lbs in the last 2-3 weeks. Most of it came off by itself (I don't how), walking melts my fat very fast.

Lucky you. I have been trying to lose ~10 lbs, for the last little while. But, it is tough. I'll look perfect if I do. But, motivation isn't kicking in for me.

I sincerely give credit to those members of society that shed off tremendous amount of weight in the double, or even triple digits.

Sand&Water

No matter what your shape, there's a man out there who will find you physically attractive enough to date. Look around. You see lots of couples and wonder (at least your shallow side wonders) "Why in the world is she/he with him/her?!?!" Many people simply have different ideas on what's attractive and what's important.

oh tell me about it S_G...one of my best buddies that I've know since high school is a very good looking guy and he is married to this fat ugly cow. its because he has low self-esteem and low confidence. i mean i can't believe he married this woman, she is bossy, eats all day long and never leaves the house. Not only that but she is also controlling and did i mention she is fat and ugly also?? She needs to lose like 100 lbs. oh it makes me sick to my stomach :sick:

You know what? Something about that last post DID make me sick to my stomach..:sick: but guess what? It wasn't the description of that woman.

Allina, I meant if the pills make you eat 2-3,000 calories less per day (talking about fat people, not me) then they are less dangerous than the food. I only recommend the pills as a temporary solution. A few eeks top. Anyway, Allina.. peace, sista, OK? ;) It's my first day of period, I've been crabby today, sorry if I offended you in any way. :o

Nah, I'm not offended over varing thoughts on diet pills, just my thoughts on them, it's cool if we dont agree :)

oh tell me about it S_G...one of my best buddies that I've know since high school is a very good looking guy and he is married to this fat ugly cow. its because he has low self-esteem and low confidence. i mean i can't believe he married this woman, she is bossy, eats all day long and never leaves the house. Not only that but she is also controlling and did i mention she is fat and ugly also?? She needs to lose like 100 lbs. oh it makes me sick to my stomach :sick:

There ya go, some folks like being controlled, they don't want to make decisions, they don't want to be responsible. Who knows? maybe she gives him what he wants in bed too. ;) You rarely know exactly what two people see in each other.

I've known some overweight ladies who were just incredibly sweet, and the best lover I've ever known was around 175 lbs (in retrospect, I wish I'd tried harder in that relationship and married her.)

I'm not sure whether to laugh at what this thread has turned into, or cry.

Posters referring to the fact that they would be "perfect" If only they would lose that last 7-10lbs. then they would be perfect... popping pills in order to attain that "perfect" look.

There are kids out there who are dying because they refuse to eat. The pressure to look "thin enough" so great that they're willing to risk severe health problems in order to attain that look. The way some of these posts read, you would think we should idolize these kids. Put them on a pedestal for sacrificing so much in order to have the "perfect" look.

Oh, wait... we do idolize them and put them on the covers of our magazines. Pay them great amounts of money to show off the emancipated rib cages and the projecting hip bones.

The best thing I ever did for myself was to throw all that garbage about "weight" out the window. If some guy won't date me because of my weight, then to hell with him. This is about my self-confidence. My belief in myself. This is about what I accomplish in life and reaching goals that are higher than what I can reach standing on a scale.

Not to mention, we're talking about a woman who weighs 260lbs and has been fat her Entire life. Does she even believe she could ever be skinny? Her entire life has been a failure in losing weight. To reach a goal, we have to believe that its attainable... But in her case, we're talking about years of sustained hard effort on her part.. in a society that is controlled by instant gratification.

Whatever.. supposedly all she needs to do is pop some pills and she'll look like those models in no time.

• Author

One night she asked me if I noticed she had lost some weight. And I said not really... conversation turned out to something else blah blah. In the end I suggested to her the gastric bypass and I said I support her decision and even if she can't pay for it, I ll chip in financially. She refused and said she'll never do that to herself. Then I suggeted liposuction... that was a nay nay. So I said I respect her decision and whatever she decides even if she changes her mind, I m fully supportive.

What annoys me sometimes is that she weighed herself... 261lb (used 2 different scales). Two weeks later she tells me that she lost 20lb (241lb).

That seemed weird to me snce she didnt go to the gym at all. Sometimes I think she s just making up numbers.

I knew she was obese when we were dating and I knew she was obese when I decided she is my GF. But it's her attitude that s getting to me...

"The girls at work told me I look sexy in my purple shirt"

"A guy talked to me at the grocery store"

"This guy at the gas station was chekcing my boobs out"

"I need to buy new pants because my other ones are too big for me"

She wears pants between size 14-16... anyfeed back about what s in her mind?

I knew she was obese when we were dating and I knew she was obese when I decided she is my GF. But it's her attitude that s getting to me...

"The girls at work told me I look sexy in my purple shirt"

"A guy talked to me at the grocery store"

"This guy at the gas station was chekcing my boobs out"

"I need to buy new pants because my other ones are too big for me"

Why does it bug you that she thinks people are complimenting her?

Zankon,

She refused and said she'll never do that to herself.

Is she scared to go under the knife?

I believe she is using her weight as a shield. It is psychological.

What annoys me sometimes is that she weighed herself... 261lb (used 2 different scales). Two weeks later she tells me that she lost 20lb (241lb).That seemed weird to me snce she didnt go to the gym at all. Sometimes I think she s just making up numbers.

Never use the scale as a means to assess and evaluate your/one's weight. The scale doesn't say anything about overall body fat, nutrition, and cholestrol; it just gives you your weight in lbs.

Therefore, telling you that she lost a few pounds underestimates the whole purpose of weight loss. Weight loss is not about losing a few pounds for the sole purpose of having fun [and shutting people up].

This issue you are struggling with, is deeper than that.

Sand&Water

She wears pants between size 14-16... anyfeed back about what s in her mind?

There is no way she wears size 14-16 at 260. I weigh 100lb less than her and I wear that size!

• Author

It doesn't bother me at all that she gets complimented... as a matter of fact once her brother's girlfriend told her she looked pretty that day and I said "I know, I m proud to have her as my gf". But Walk you need to see the body language it's... it's like if she was telling me "other people notice me and show me interest".

I believe she s doing it out of fear of a break up because we had some downs lately although I literally told her that the thought of a break up didn't cross my mind...

My friends told me I m spinning wheels... one suggested even if u get married

aren't you worried your kids will be obese?

• Author
There is no way she wears size 14-16 at 260. I weigh 100lb less than her and I wear that size!

I just went and checked her pants (pothetic) the smallest was size 18... the largest was size 22. weird, we were watching a show yesterday and something was said about sizes so I asked her about hers and she said "I m between 14 and 16". She just bought the size 18 pants about 2 weeks ago!!!!

I am worrying so much about this like I am the obese one!! I could spend this energy on something more useful... ugh.

question : what s normal girls' size 5'7" 130lb? Also how long does it take to drop 1 size? (I know answers are subjecive but I d appreciate feedback)

maybe thier plus sizes because no way she is a woman's size 14-16.

The healthy weight is 2 lbs per week. To do that she has to burn 6000 calories. I think. And it takes about 10-15 lbs to drop a pant size.

I think you are too obsessed about this. And there is a pretty good chance she will never be thin. She may be down to just overweight instead of obese but to lose that much weight it would take at least a year.

• Author

I was never obsessed about it till it became her subject of the day everyday.

'do you think my stomack is getting flat'

'do you see how much weigh I lost'

'look aren't these pants too loose now'

'oh god, i need to buy new pants cause mine are too big now'

Whats the major difference b/w obese and overweight? And what would a normal thin girl's size be 5'7" 130lb?

The average british women is a size 16.Im a size 14 and weigh 11 stone (154 pounds)Yes im abit bigger than some women but who wants to be skin and bone anyways.

I have a healthy bmi of 25 so im not worried.Why is everyone so obssessed on being skinny?It looks awful!

Yes too obsese isnt nice bit im sick of normal women getting called fat ! charlotte church some people say shes fat some say she has the perfect figure.I dont get it!

Ive never been with a skinny man because i dont find it attractive.Ive never gone out with hugely fat men but i think i bit of meat on people is better than being too skinny with your bones sticking out!

I was never obsessed about it till it became her subject of the day everyday.

'do you think my stomack is getting flat'

'do you see how much weigh I lost'

'look aren't these pants too loose now'

'oh god, i need to buy new pants cause mine are too big now'

Whats the major difference b/w obese and overweight? And what would a normal thin girl's size be 5'7" 130lb?

Well there really is a range butat 5'7" healthy range is anywhere from 130 to 160 depending on frame size

Obesity def: A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are more than 20 percent over their ideal weight. That ideal weight must take into account the person's height, age, sex, and build. BMI of 30 and above being over 30 lbs overweight.

Overweight def: Overweight: The term "overweight" is used in two different ways. In one sense it is a way of saying imprecisely that someone is heavy. The other sense of "overweight" is more precise and designates a state between normal weight and obesity Overweight is a BMI of 27.3 % or more for women and 27.8 % or more for men.

I think a bmi of 18-25 is normal. I think she is brining it up because she wnts you to think she is losing weight to please you.