living with a large person

Zankon,

Q1: Girls, would you go out and/or build a relationship with a fat man?

No. He has to be of healthy weight [healthy BMI].

So, when you go on a date, do you bring a calculator with you to figure out his BMI?

"Hey Johnny, before we go into the restaurant, mind telling me your height and weight? I just have to check something here......"

-tp

BMI > 40

"I'm...too sexy for this post..."

I'm a petite woman 5'3 125lbs. I've dated a man 6'4 240 lbs who used to be muscular than got sort of flabby there. I'm mostly attracted to tall men, but yes he was rather large for me. :D

Is there anyone out there who's ever obligingly dropped their pants for someone they liked but didn't fancy purely in order to prove they weren't shallow? Would that be considered a healthy or an unhealthy form of behaviour? Would the other party to that reluctantly performed sexual encounter feel better as a result of it? Should we introduce some rule that everyone must sleep with at least one person who has a BMI in excess of 50?

*pulls gun out of mouth*

Thank God. I can keep on going another day.

-tp

Notice in my post I stressed that being fat USUALLY implies being unfit. I left room for the circumstances of very fit people stuck with their genetic codes of big bones and large stature.

All of those foods you listed make me feel physically sick.

Do you have any idea what goes in to that artifical food? :sick: (we won't go in to that).

So I am pretty much standing by my claim that I need a man who can physically keep up with me.

I am very fit, and I exercise hard every single day (because I genuinely really enjoy it- it is my recreational drug).

I am just not physically attracted to someone who can't keep up.

I want to travel the world climbing mountains, and trekking jungles, I just fear someone who was excessively overweight would not be able to withstand that environment with me.

This has nothing to do with laziness, or work ethic...

So I am pretty much standing by my claim that I need a man who can physically keep up with me.

Give me a few hours of your time on a Saturday night. *sly grin*

That is, if YOU can keep up. ;)

Ahh...the timeless art of seduction. ;)

*hugs and kisses*

-tp

I shall impart to you a piece of my comedic wisdom.

Next time someone calls you out on being fat, just use this little gem.

"Of course I'm fat. Everytime I nail your mother, she bakes me a cake!"

Works on stage AND off.

-tp

Headliner, 2005 New York Underground Comedy Festival

Immature.

Still cute.

Is there anyone out there who's ever obligingly dropped their pants for someone they liked but didn't fancy purely in order to prove they weren't shallow? Would that be considered a healthy or an unhealthy form of behaviour? Would the other party to that reluctantly performed sexual encounter feel better as a result of it? Should we introduce some rule that everyone must sleep with at least one person who has a BMI in excess of 50?

In the spirit of friendship, I am willing to be that person with a BMI in excess of 50.

Again, purely for the sake of charity and good will.

I wouldn't necessarily want it to be a "rule" or "law", though.

I've hurt a few skinny chicks in my day. :)

And no, not all of them were on the bottom. ;)

*hears a dog barking in the background* ;)

-tp

Not THAT big, but definately thick. Oh yeah, and I'm fat, too. ;)

Just as my luck has been with women lately...... I can see THIS happening...

"I don't date fat guys."

"But I'm a nice guy, sweet, funny, and caring....."

"You are right. I'm sorry. I'd love to go out with you."

".....and I'm Jewish."

"F*** off!"

-tp

Fighting one social prejudice at a time.

I wouldn't date a fat man, it's just not something i prefer. I'm very tiny. Only 5' tall. I feel like a small child next to most normal sized adults, anyways. I'm not about to feel like an elementary school girl.

I am very fit, and I exercise hard every single day (because I genuinely really enjoy it- it is my recreational drug).

My ex (whom you've heard me whine about for months in "Coping"), is an athletic coach, who STILL holds some of her school records.

If THAT wasn't a reason to go to the gym and build up stamina, I don't know what is.

Somehow, we made it work. ;)

One thing I'll say about her, despite all she did to me, my weight was NEVER an issue. Our problems were way too wacky to go into here, but physically, we were quite compatible and mutually satisfied in bed.

Sadly (and something I'm working on), I still keep her little "naughty notes" to me on my cell phone. If she wasn't attracted to me physically, and satisfied by my sexual ability, we probably wouldn't have had a relationship at all, unfortunately. Keeping her "sexual requests" in my cell's memory kind of reminds me what I had, and what I know I can still do, with the right partner. ;)

The line forms to the right.

-tp

I wouldn't date a fat man, it's just not something i prefer. I'm very tiny. Only 5' tall. I feel like a small child next to most normal sized adults, anyways. I'm not about to feel like an elementary school girl.

Are you Catholic, by any chance? Did you go to Catholic school?

We could make this work. ;)

-tp

Perv.

If you like the girl, then her size should not matter to you. Looks can and do change over time.

But who you are inside is what really matter.

If you fell knowing her size from the beginning then why are you allowing your friends to alter your opinion of her? Has she changed since you met her? I can tell you the reason she's becoming upset is because you want her to change and she thought you liked her as she is.

You cannot change anyone...that is the first rule of dating. If she chooses to lose weight so be it. But if you are wanting her to lose it because you are tired of listening to your friends...it's not going to happen.

Love her for who she is; not what you want or imagine her to be.

burning 4 revenge
Just as my luck has been with women lately...... I can see THIS happening...

"I don't date fat guys."

"But I'm a nice guy, sweet, funny, and caring....."

"You are right. I'm sorry. I'd love to go out with you."

".....and I'm Jewish."

"F*** off!"

-tp

Fighting one social prejudice at a time.

:lmao: :lmao: well, at least you can lose the weight :lmao: :lmao:

I've dated pudgy guys before Well ok one. He was nice but as far as really overweight no.

I have a fear of being crushed during sex.

I've dated pudgy guys before Well ok one. He was nice but as far as really overweight no.

I have a fear of being crushed during sex.

Me too.

And I hate being on top all the time.

haha.. I'm 4'10". Totally understand what you're talking about.

I get clausterphobic in small crowds. All I see are bellies and belt buckles.

• Author

UnknowingOW:

I think I agree with you when you said she's upset because I m trying to change her. The thing is, she asked me if her weight bothers me and I said 'of course not, it's you not your weight that I dated at first'. But at many instances we'd be doing things and activities that she'd say 'I don't like doing that' but deep inside I KNOW it's because she's afraid to be embarrassed especially if her friends are around.

For example, we went kayaking with some of her co-workers, once there she said she was ok she just likes to watch. So I asked her if she prefers that I stay with her and she said no just have fun. Another time it was with her brother and cousins... we went seadoing, wakeboarding and all. So her brother asked her to ride the seadoo with him. She refused I encouraged her then she did it. Now this is weird and I felt awkward but the seadoo almost sunk and and her cousin shouted "That wasn't supposed to sink girl!!!"

i didn't like that comment but it hurt me... and many other stories

So she asked me few months back that she wanted to work on her weight (I mean 260 pounds is a long way to go but I m all for it) So after weeks of procrastination I took her to a gym and she enrolled. 3 weeks later, she had every excuse on earth to why she s not going. So I bought her an ipod she got all excited still nothing... then I bought her an ipod sport's pouch and I said this way the music will really pump you up... still she never steped foot back in the gym. So I don't know... She has a very pretty face... lately she asked again if I d love her more if she was skinnier and I said "no" she asked "how come" I responded "cuz with that pretty face, cute smile and glowing eyes you'd be a bomb shell and guys will be all over you and I don't think I can handle that" She said I was silly.

My girlfriend is overweight but that is one thing that has never bothered me. It does not make her less attractive in my eyes. I'm in love with what's in her soul. I myself am 7-8 lbs overweight.

What is the point of this survey? Do you honestly think that taking a survey on this board about dating fat people represents the majority view in the united states of america?? It does not because not everyone in the US has a reason to come on a message board like this and they may have different opinions than what the majority post here.

Weight is not really an issue for me or for most of the people I come in contact with where I live.

• Author

I respect your opinion... I started this survey just out of curiosity to see what other people in the world think (this is the internet afterall and there are posts from Australia, Canada, England...)

I have dated men who are overweight.

I have also dated men who look overly sickly skinny.

The two types of men I'm attracted to:

@ 5ft 10 inches tall weighing around 195 to 230 lbs

and

@ 6ft 2inches tall weighing around 170 to 195 lbs.

Tall skinny men or shorter stalker men is they types I've been really attracted too. Strange odds.

I'm 5ft 4inches and 120 lbs. I'm not fit as in being in shape. but I am considered more on the thin side then average..

shorter stalker men

you like short stalker types? i know one who just got out of prison. he likes stalking chicks :lmao:

burning 4 revenge
you like short stalker types? i know one who just got out of prison. he likes stalking chicks :lmao:

I never knew until now that they had the internet in prison :lmao:

I but deep inside I KNOW it's because she's afraid to be embarrassed especially if her friends are around.

So after weeks of procrastination I took her to a gym and she enrolled. 3 weeks later, she had every excuse on earth to why she s not going.

I don't know about your gf... but I HATE going to the gym to work out. I finally just gave up the notion altogether. But I go and all these skinny mini's are there, wearing spandex and fake tans, and I feel SOOooo self-concious. I don't want to work out in front of them. Which is stupid, but it really bothers me. If I were 260lbs, last thing I would want is to jiggle my fat ass, my face all red from exertion, sweat dripping off me.... in front of those people. NOt to mention the friggin' mirrors!!!!!!!!!!! Why do they have to have mirrors lining every wall? Like I don't know how fat I am? Whatever!

OKay.. so the gym didn't work as well as you both had thought. I think you'd do better to not push that issue. The more you mention it, the bigger of an issue it'll become in her mind. Like she failed herself and you for not going, and instead of being a place to change her life, it'll be "the place of failure!" So just leave it as is for now... its there if she wants to go. If not, then just don't renew the membership.

Did you say you live with her, or not? Personally, once I quit watching TV I lost 20lbs. Not only does tv make me more sedentary, it has this weird influence on me to eat even when I'm not hungry. I get so I have to snack. They show all this good food on every commerical.. oh.. it's horrible. Not to mention seeing how freakin' thin all those actress are. :rolleyes: I get depressed and when I'm depressed I eat... So I quit watching tv.. or rather, I limited it severely. Anyway, it helped my self-esteem and my eating habits, and (except for this forum) I tend to get up and do things more.

Unfortunately, she has to be willing to put in the effort, suffer the embarresment, and bully through any sterotypes alone. You can only show support, and attempt to make it as fun and easy for her as possible. (Ie: the Ipod.. awesome idea!)