OmG what have I done? psycho me

Mollyanna

Hey

If you two go to Mexico can I come? Being accompanied by two beautiful women on a trip to Mexico would certainly speed along the coping process. :D

Oh yeah, let's go!

Ariadne

burning 4 revenge

[quote=Ariadne;886000}

I suffocate men alright :(

Ariadne

♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥

You can suffocate me anytime you want

Oh no,

You don't want to do that, I'm pretty crazy.

I drove to Denver for 20 hrs to leave a guy a rose :rolleyes:

@>-'-->-,-->-'-----

(But I'm so romantic :love: )

Ariadne

♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥

(But I'm so romantic :love: )

Ariadne

♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥

Well, that's ONE word for it!:p

Hey Touche,

I'm being suffocated right now by all the dysfunction on this thread!!!:laugh:

Btw, I love Taoism.

I love it, I love it.

I saw you had some in your signature.

Here's a Tao Sage story for you:

~Feeding the Clothes~

One day, the sage received an invitation from a friend. They hadn't seen each other for quite some time, so the friend would like to invite the sage over for dinner.

The sage went to the address indicated and saw that it was a grand mansion. Apparently his friend had done quite well recently.

The doorman stopped the sage. Because the sage dressed plainly, the doorman assumed he must be a solicitor and turned him away.

Amused by this, the sage changed into his ceremonial robe and went to the mansion again. The doorman still failed to recognize him, but assumed he must be someone important. The sage was led inside the mansion, where he found his friend waiting.

When dinner began, the sage ate none of the food but kept stuffing appetizers and dumplings into his pockets. His host found this most puzzling, and said: "Master, you don't need to do that. We can prepare a bag for you to take home later on. Please relax and enjoy the meal."

The sage told him: "When I came here earlier wearing plain clothes, I was blocked at the front door. After I changed into this robe, I was welcomed inside. Obviously you invited my robe instead of me, so it is only reasonable that the robe should enjoy your food!"

Ariadne

♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥

Ok,

For all the wasted people here's an interpretation:

One of the most appealing things about the study of the Tao is the sense of humor that permeates it. Although far from frivolous, sages never take themselves too seriously. Thus, something that another person might interpret as a dreadful insult (such as being refused entrance) would be to a sage simply an interesting opportunity to observe human nature at work.

Sages may also use humor to convey the points they wish to make. They have found this to be far more effective and readily accepted than stern lectures. As Chuang Tzu demonstrated with his many tales, laughters that lighten the heart and brighten the day can take us further down the path of cultivation.

The aspect of human nature that the sage observed in the story was superficiality. We have a tendency to judge others based on external appearance. Just as the doorman failed to recognize the sage, we often fail to recognize the real individuals around us in everyday life.

The sage did not rail against this or complain about it. He knew this was how most people operated. If he were to struggle against human nature and try to change others, it would simply be an exercise in futility.

In the story, the sage pointed out in his unique way how ludicrous it is for us to judge a book by its cover.

Ariadne

♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥

• Author
(I'm just preparing for my job as a monk if I can't find anything else)

Ariadne

I've been contemplating the Peace Corps. Just sell everything it took me so long to earn and start all over.. No wonder I have no support system. I have never lived in one place for more than 3 years.

Ok,

I've been contemplating the Peace Corps.

You like that kind of stuff. You were in the AF before.

What did your father do?

(And I have to rush to the gym in like 10 min)

Ariadne

Oh,

Nevermind... I think I got the Peace Corps wrong.

Hey, I'd like to do that too.

Go to live in the jungle somewhere.

Ariadne

I'm too sober to want to read it.

Oh, sage stories are really clever.

I thought you'd like it anyway...

Ariadne

I'm too sober to want to read it.

Oh, sage stories are really clever.

I thought you'd like it anyway...

Ariadne

I'm sorry Ariadne. I'm sure I'll like it. I'm having a little problem focusing on any one thing tonight. I promise I'll read it tomorrow.

• Author
Ok,

I've been contemplating the Peace Corps.

You like that kind of stuff. You were in the AF before.

What did your father do?

(And I have to rush to the gym in like 10 min)

Ariadne

Army when I was little

Hey,

Army when I was little

Ah, that explains.

Mine is an engineer and so am I.

Was he emotionally unavailable like mine?

Ariadne

• Author

yes, completely. my whole family is that way. no one hugs or anything. It took me many years to be affectionate and get used to others being affectionate to me. Now, I am OVERLY affectionate. I am one of those girls who wants to make out on the dance floor and hold his hand in the grocery store.

ahhh.... D was awesome that way. We couldn't drive two blocks without him stroking my hair or putting his hand on my arm or knee. I really really miss him today. I so want to fast forward to a month from now so I can get through this NC and then see him and see what happens.

• Author
I really love reading this thread. :)

lol me too! it has become my digital diary. although most people probably would prefer it move on down the page... eventually I will get a life.

• Author
(nothing) (nothing)

hey what does this mean?

And damn Ariadne, you are an engineer and you are sitting home with no job? Get out there girl.

RecordProducer
i can't be an alcoholic from a few weeks of drinking! This is called binge drinking.
So you will go back to just 1-2 beers twice a month or you will continue to binge in the near future?

I do not drink alone. I do not even buy alcohol for my house.

I hope you never start.

Just know that alcohol does make you act, feel, and think differently. Actually you don't think much at the time, cuz you have little of your brain left clear when you're intoxicated.