Why do women think nagging works?

Woggle, you may blast me for this, but the first thing I thought when reading your post was:

Pot, meet kettle.

Hee. :laugh:

Sorry, but it's true - your constant posts on this and related subjects do remind me a bit of a nagging fishwife. And I wonder if people may be tuning you out?

I was thinking the same thing. ( BTW love that Avitar) Sorry Woggles! :o

Nagging doesn't get anywhere. What I really don't understand is all these women that marry guys and then expect them to change. So when they don't change the start nagging and getting mad and pissy and then they become miserable wives. If a man was a TV watching , football lovin, messy guy before you married him, what makes you think he is going to turn into a clean freak who wants to do chores all weekend long kind of guy?

That's why they nag, they have some sort of expectation that they a going to turn them into super husband after they marry them. WRONG WRONG AND MORE WRONG.

Woggle- I agree with A4A about getting these feelings resolved before marriage, but more importantly, get them resolved before you have a daughter and do to her what your mother did to you.

catgirl1927
Woggle- I agree with A4A about getting these feelings resolved before marriage, but more importantly, get them resolved before you have a daughter and do to her what your mother did to you.

This is SO SO SO true. Extreme viewpoints like Woggle's are very damaging, esp to little girls. And if he hates women, what is that going to do to a little girl?

Your post about your daughter was so awesome, Pink_Tulip. I'm so glad that you're teaching her she needs to take care of herself. That way she can be with a man because she loves him, not because she needs money.

• Author
This is SO SO SO true. Extreme viewpoints like Woggle's are very damaging, esp to little girls. And if he hates women, what is that going to do to a little girl?

Your post about your daughter was so awesome, Pink_Tulip. I'm so glad that you're teaching her she needs to take care of herself. That way she can be with a man because she loves him, not because she needs money.

If I have a little girl I will treat her like I would a son. I give women a chance to prove they are not as bad as the rest unlike feminists who think every man is the enemy. I am against anything that is against me and most women hate me just because I was born with a penis.

whichwayisup

Wog, I'm trying to figure out what you mean by your words..."I will treat her like I would a son." Do you mean, by loving your daughter, you'd love her the same way you would if you'd had a son? I assume that is what you meant.

I'm scared for you baby! You've opened yourself up for a serious flaming by many on the rest of your paragraph there...I ain't touchin' it with a 10 foot pole! hehe...

All I can say is, if you end up having a daughter, she will melt your heart, change you in ways you never would think possible. Raise her to love and respect everybody, male or female - Black or white - Gay or straight.

• Author
Wog, I'm trying to figure out what you mean by your words..."I will treat her like I would a son." Do you mean, by loving your daughter, you'd love her the same way you would if you'd had a son? I assume that is what you meant.

I'm scared for you baby! You've opened yourself up for a serious flaming by many on the rest of your paragraph there...I ain't touchin' it with a 10 foot pole! hehe...

All I can say is, if you end up having a daughter, she will melt your heart, change you in ways you never would think possible. Raise her to love and respect everybody, male or female - Black or white - Gay or straight.

Yes I would love her the same way I would a son. I don't hate women but I am not blind and I don't trust them until they prove themselves. Many women get their greatest joy from causing men pain. They think it is payback against the patriarchy or something.

Don'y be scared for me. If I get a flaming so be it. Everybody is not going to like me and I would rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I am not.

KnowHowLoveFeels
They say that is what they want but that is not really what they want and yes I think deep down most women hate men and take joy in seeing us suffer. When women see a man going through hardship it makes them happy.

Seriously, why do you think that women hate men?? If we do, we wouldn't have married you guys and put up with your mess!;) It's not even reasonable.

I do agree with you on this, however: I do secretly want to dominante the men in my life. (But that's only because I feel that I am smarter than them.) I do not hate them, and I don't wish hardship and suffering upon them.

• Author
Seriously, why do you think that women hate men?? If we do, we wouldn't have married you guys and put up with your mess!;) It's not even reasonable.

I do agree with you on this, however: I do secretly want to dominante the men in my life. (But that's only because I feel that I am smarter than them.) I do not hate them, and I don't wish hardship and suffering upon them.

You can't kill sexual attraction. Even Taliban men had wives but they hated women. Like I said many men today are caught in a game of trying to please women that hate us just because we are born male. A man can't please a feminist no matter what he does. It's like a black person trying to impress a klansmen or a jew trying to please a nazi. I figure if a person will hate me no matter what then I refuse to show an ounce of respect towards them.

KnowHowLoveFeels

;)

You can't kill sexual attraction. Even Taliban men had wives but they hated women. Like I said many men today are caught in a game of trying to please women that hate us just because we are born male. A man can't please a feminist no matter what he does. It's like a black person trying to impress a klansmen or a jew trying to please a nazi. I figure if a person will hate me no matter what then I refuse to show an ounce of respect towards them.

I don't see how what you said above explains why you hate women. You may want to argue that it is the women who hate you first and so you are just hating them back. But why do you think that they hate you? What have they done to you? :confused:

Just out of curiousity, do you usually find that it is the pretty women who "hate" you the most? Or, perhaps, the smart women who wish the worst for you?

As a side note, I do not hate you.;) Interesting thread, though.

catgirl1927

I have given up on Woggle. He hates women so much, it's like post traumatic stress disorder. But, like him, I would rather him hate me for being the person I am than make him think I'm some simpy doormat so he'll like me. He's never going to like or respect me, but I have to be able to respect myself. :(

I have given up on Woggle. He hates women so much, it's like post traumatic stress disorder. But, like him, I would rather him hate me for being the person I am than make him think I'm some simpy doormat so he'll like me. He's never going to like or respect me, but I have to be able to respect myself. :(

He does not hate women he hates people that were born with vaginas. (or without a penis). :D I have to wonder if his fiance knows what she is really getting into her.

• Author

Actually you were one of the posters on here I did respect. The way I deal with women is they respect me and I respect them. They have a chance to prove themselves.

whichwayisup
Actually you were one of the posters on here I did respect. The way I deal with women is they respect me and I respect them. They have a chance to prove themselves.

But that shouldn't just be based on "women" that should be about "everybody" male and female. Just because someone has a penis, doesn't make them respectable or even nice. And just the same, just because someone has a vagina, doesn't mean they're respectable and nice.

Yes I would love her the same way I would a son. I don't hate women but I am not blind and I don't trust them until they prove themselves. Many women get their greatest joy from causing men pain. They think it is payback against the patriarchy or something.

I just hope (and if I'm wrong, please tell me) you're not meaning your daughter has to prove herself trust to you because she was born with a vagina :confused: ...

Not too sure if all women are like that, but in your experiences, they may be. I hope someday you're more at ease with women and don't see them as cruel hearted people.

Don'y be scared for me. If I get a flaming so be it. Everybody is not going to like me and I would rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I am not.

Just me, guess I'm protective of some people on LS! I'm weird that way...

SmoochieFace
Everybody is not going to like me and I would rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I am not.

This is a lesson I most definitely need to learn for my own sake...

SmoochieFace
;)

I don't see how what you said above explains why you hate women. You may want to argue that it is the women who hate you first and so you are just hating them back. But why do you think that they hate you? What have they done to you? :confused:

Just out of curiousity, do you usually find that it is the pretty women who "hate" you the most? Or, perhaps, the smart women who wish the worst for you?

As a side note, I do not hate you.;) Interesting thread, though.

Why do you feel that you are smarter than the men in your life?

Why do I hear so many women who nag and nag and nag their men and then get frustrated when it produces no results? It never seems to work so why do women keep doing it. After a while men just tune it out. It's just noise to us. We don't even notice what are you are even saying. Why don't women try a different approach because it is clear this one is not working

I never thought nagging worked. I hated the thought of men sitting around telling others how their wives nagged and bitched. I never wanted to be one of those women.

After I was married for a short time, I made a rule for myself that I would ask for something three times. I would ask the first time, to let my husband know that my car needed a gizmo, for example. IF he did nothing, I would remind him. Now, sometimes he was in the middle of something and said, "Oh, I forgot." No problem. Then, I would remind him one more time.

I was of the thinking that if he couldn't/wouldn't remember and didn't listen to TWO reminders, I would get it done myself (either do it myself or pay someone). I exercised a LOT of patience. Patience only goes so far (at least with me anyway). I learned/felt that I was pretty darned low on his list of priorities, especially when the TV took precedence. I divorced him.

I still would never nag a man, because it doesn't take much in the brain department to know where I stand with one.

catgirl1927
I never thought nagging worked. I hated the thought of men sitting around telling others how their wives nagged and bitched. I never wanted to be one of those women.

After I was married for a short time, I made a rule for myself that I would ask for something three times. I would ask the first time, to let my husband know that my car needed a gizmo, for example. IF he did nothing, I would remind him. Now, sometimes he was in the middle of something and said, "Oh, I forgot." No problem. Then, I would remind him one more time.

I was of the thinking that if he couldn't/wouldn't remember and didn't listen to TWO reminders, I would get it done myself (either do it myself or pay someone). I exercised a LOT of patience. Patience only goes so far (at least with me anyway). I learned/felt that I was pretty darned low on his list of priorities, especially when the TV took precedence. I divorced him.

I still would never nag a man, because it doesn't take much in the brain department to know where I stand with one.

This is a great story. I'm sorry he was such a jerk, but that is really valuable experience to share.

I find that no one listens to people who talk all the time.

This is quite extreme I think, and as others have said I hope you think about what everyone is posting about trying to help you change your views on woman. Why is it that all woman are feminists? I think theres a very small percentage of the types of feminists who hate men and hate doors being opened for them and such. Those feminists..probably want nothing to do with you anyways..or any men for that matter so you don't really need to worry about running into them.

I don't know, but personally, I have never hated someone just because they have a penis...nor have I ever met anyone who experienced hate for a someone because of a penis. I don't think I'm alone there either...

many men today are caught in a game of trying to please women that hate us just because we are born male.
Many women today are caught in a game of trying to be valuable people. Men pay attention to us, because we have the parts that satisfy them, but men hate us because we were born female (with our own thoughts and needs and ways of communicating).