Why do women think nagging works?

• Author
Exactly! I don't nag but what is a person supposed to do when things need to be done and all they want to do is sit around and watch tv and play video games?

The men should be offering up ways to get them to do the things without having to even mention it.

Sure the nagger may look like a shrew but it many instances it is the other person who is being passive aggressive and trying to control with their non compliance over anything they are asked to do.

I have been disappointed a few times where I went out and made effort to get things done so we could take a little day trip but getting him to get up get ready and go, I needed a stick of dynomite to get him going. If he really didn't want to go, he should have just said so in the first place and I wouldn't have wasted my time and money on it and I would have made other plans without him.

My ex was a nagger about housework. The more he nagged, screamed and raged about it the more I withdrew. I flat out told him there was no way I would ever keep the house the way he wanted me to. I would keep it clean and tidy but I could not make it look like a spotless magazine photo. He was basing his expectations on his mother who was a full time homemaker. I told him that I did not tend to spend my waking hours before and after work cleaning the house that my life consisted of more than just cleaning.

I was willing to compromise but that wasnt good enough so he continued to bully me trying to force me to be the way he wanted and in the end I left him.

I do admit that some men expect their wives to be 100% perfect homemakers and this is unfair and wrong. All I expect from my fiance is that she pick up after herself which she does. That is good enough for me and neither one of us are pigs. Not just about cleaning but people need to get it through their heads that nothing is ever as perfect as it is in a magazine or on tv.

actually SASSY this is not true, women will bitch and nag no matter what...its just their nature. Even if everything is perfect she'll still bitch and nag that everythings too perfect.

Maybe you and my s/o can hook up you two sound like a perfect match!! Maybe you two can be bachelors together!!:lmao:

blind_otter

I don't know but the guys I date all bug me constantly about random s*** I don't want to hear about.

And my mother. But I just lie to her to shut her up. It's like a reflex now and sometimes I don't even mean to do it but I end up doing it anyways.

Geeze Alpha what kind of women do you date and have in your life or attract to you......

normal, average, everyday women....

I think you may be better off looking into a gay lifestyle.

no, I don't think so....just the thought of doing sexual things with a man totally repulses me. :)

Women just don't seem to fit your needs at all.

sure, they fit most of my needs. I am just more realistic about women than most men are.

Not all women nag or bitch, just like not all men are uncaring asses.

I accept women's nagging and bitching mainly because I don't let them manipulate me using these tactics.... thats why its impt for the man to keep the upper hand in any romantic dealings with women.

normal, average, everyday women....

no, I don't think so....just the thought of doing sexual things with a man totally repulses me. :)

sure, they fit most of my needs. I am just more realistic about women than most men are.

I accept women's nagging and bitching mainly because I don't let them manipulate me using these tactics.... thats why its impt for the man to keep the upper hand in any romantic dealings with women.

This coming from the Guru of LTRs of course...........:lmao: :lmao:

catgirl1927
thats why its impt for the man to keep the upper hand in any romantic dealings with women.

This also made me giggle a little...:p

What it is that the women now are strong and independent and not mousy and men don't like a women that will be that way. They want a door mat!!!

justagirliegirl
What it is that the women now are strong and independent and not mousy and men don't like a women that will be that way. They want a door mat!!!

yeah I always wondered that? What are the guys afraid of?

• Author

I think Alpha has a point about nagging being a test. Let's face it women for the most part don't respect weak men and when a woman manages to nag a man into a shell of a man so has little to no respect left for him. That is why I put a clause in the prenup that if she nags too much i can leave with no financial obligation to her at all and she signed it. That right there defines the terms of the marriage and lets her know what I will and won't stand for.

catgirl1927

I know what you mean. One minute it's "I have to spend all my money supporting her, geez" and the next it's "She works, she's like a man!" Ever get the feeling they won't be happy no matter what???

• Author

I don't want a doormat but a woman who is slightly more traditional yeah I want that. I am sorry but I don't want soem misandric feminist who views a man is a disposable child that comes 10th in her life. Not my idea of a good woman. The modern feminist version of strong and independent isn't very strong and independent all. It's more like bitchy and obnoxious.

I know what you mean. One minute it's "I have to spend all my money supporting her, geez" and the next it's "She works, she's like a man!" Ever get the feeling they won't be happy no matter what???

Yeah men like this don't really need to be married !!

I think Alpha has a point about nagging being a test. Let's face it women for the most part don't respect weak men and when a woman manages to nag a man into a shell of a man so has little to no respect left for him.

Women will almost always try to get the upper hand on their man. It is his job to prevent this from happening. And anyways, most women prefer the man to be the boss.

catgirl1927
I don't want a doormat but a woman who is slightly more traditional yeah I want that. I am sorry but I don't want soem misandric feminist who views a man is a disposable child that comes 10th in her life. Not my idea of a good woman. The modern feminist version of strong and independent isn't very strong and independent all. It's more like bitchy and obnoxious.

How many times am I going to have to clarify this. There are ALWAYS going to be obnoxious extremists out there, bellyaching and complaining about everything. Just as not all men who are men don't think that women are property like a dog or a cow, not all strong, intelligent women are manhaters.

The women you are talking about are not modern feminists. They are obnoxious, whining, lazy people who want everything given to them and can't take responsiblity for their own flaws. And frankly, they are a throwback to the 70s, when women hadn't been independent for very long and didn't really know how to deal with it.

If you want a smart, sweet, independent woman who doesn't walk all over you but still demands that you respect her and her opinions, then what you want is a modern feminist.

Talk about nit picky .. Woggle you sound like you are nagging if you have to have a prenup! Makes her think that she has to walk on egg shells in her marriage and sounds like you shouldn't even marry her. Your wife should have prenup as well stating if you don't do your part as a h then she be able to walk out on your a@@ too..

justagirliegirl
I think Alpha has a point about nagging being a test. Let's face it women for the most part don't respect weak men and when a woman manages to nag a man into a shell of a man so has little to no respect left for him. That is why I put a clause in the prenup that if she nags too much i can leave with no financial obligation to her at all and she signed it. That right there defines the terms of the marriage and lets her know what I will and won't stand for.

Hmm maybe I need one of those prenups.:p

Since I make the gold...

1. If you leave your plate on the table and not take it to the sink and scrape it off more than X numbers of times I can leave with no further financial obligations. That includes taking said plate to the sink and just throwing it in there full of food and running water on it making an even bigger mess to clean up.:laugh:

2. If you do not bathe x number of times a week ...

3. If you tune me out when I am talking about something serious or refuse to answer...

:laugh::lmao:

• Author
How many times am I going to have to clarify this. There are ALWAYS going to be obnoxious extremists out there, bellyaching and complaining about everything. Just as not all men who are men don't think that women are property like a dog or a cow, not all strong, intelligent women are manhaters.

The women you are talking about are not modern feminists. They are obnoxious, whining, lazy people who want everything given to them and can't take responsiblity for their own flaws. And frankly, they are a throwback to the 70s, when women hadn't been independent for very long and didn't really know how to deal with it.

If you want a smart, sweet, independent woman who doesn't walk all over you but still demands that you respect her and her opinions, then what you want is a modern feminist.

I guess so but I have yet to meet a woman who calls herself a feminist that didn't have at least a slightly anti-male attitude. I have a sweet and smart independent woman in my life right now and I very much respect her opinions but she is not an obnoxious manhater.

• Author
Talk about nit picky .. Woggle you sound like you are nagging if you have to have a prenup! Makes her think that she has to walk on egg shells in her marriage and sounds like you shouldn't even marry her. Your wife should have prenup as well stating if you don't do your part as a h then she be able to walk out on your a@@ too..

With the courts stacked against men we mst protect ourselves. To me if I am willing to commit myseklf to a woman in something as big as marriage she must take an oath. When a president is sworn in he takes an oath and any woman who is sworn in as my wife will take an oath.

I guess so but I have yet to meet a woman who calls herself a feminist that didn't have at least a slightly anti-male attitude. I have a sweet and smart independent woman in my life right now and I very much respect her opinions but she is not an obnoxious manhater.

She hasn't married you yet.. She will be.

whichwayisup

Most men want this, a semi-traditional woman. A friend of mine and I got into a huge discussion about roles that each person has in a relationship.

I think from early on, we learn from our parents. Mom cooks, and dad doesn't. Mom cleans the house, dad does the fixing and yard work. As kids, we saw this and it becomes the norm. So, later in life it's kind of expected that the woman does inside the house jobs and the man does the outside stuff. I'm not saying ALL are like this, but most of the time it is.

How often do you see the father making plans for their children? Organizing birthday parties, taking the kids to DR appointments, organizing sleepovers, etc., or even making plans and packing up for a family vacation? Most of the time it is the woman who does this stuff. Not that a man can't, it's just not his 'role' and he may not 'see' what's important and what isn't.

Ha, one time my friend decided to let her hubby pack her and the kids up for a weekend away. He forgot to pack underwear for their boys, toothbrushes, towels, medications that one of the kids needed and most of all, he forgot to pack ANYTHING for his wife! :laugh: She ended up helping him, and I remember him telling us he had NO clue wtf he was doing and thankgod she did all that stuff.

a WEAK MAN would not have to be nagged at or bitched at he should have enough man in him to not act like a child and do his part in a relationship. If he is doing his part and has a female that he cannot satisfy it is obvious that there is a mismatch in the partnership. A weak man will also chalk up a request to do something as nagging. A weak man will also not bother to look for the source of the reason why the partner is upset aka bitching at him. This source could very well be within the man himself, not necessarily within the "bitching nagging" female.

And I work with all men... I have never heard so much bitching and whining and gossip in my life. I tell them to shut up and be happy they are upright and breathing.

a WEAK MAN would not have to be nagged at or bitched at he should have enough man in him to not act like a child and do his part in a relationship. If he is doing his part and has a female that he cannot satisfy it is obvious that there is a mismatch in the partnership. A weak man will also chalk up a request to do something as nagging. A weak man will also not bother to look for the source of the reason why the partner is upset aka bitching at him. This source could very well be within the man himself, not necessarily within the "bitching nagging" female.

And I work with all men... I have never heard so much bitching and whining and gossip in my life. I tell them to shut up and be happy they are upright and breathing.

:lmao: :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: that is the truth a4a !!

• Author
Most men want this, a semi-traditional woman. A friend of mine and I got into a huge discussion about roles that each person has in a relationship.

I think from early on, we learn from our parents. Mom cooks, and dad doesn't. Mom cleans the house, dad does the fixing and yard work. As kids, we saw this and it becomes the norm. So, later in life it's kind of expected that the woman does inside the house jobs and the man does the outside stuff. I'm not saying ALL are like this, but most of the time it is.

How often do you see the father making plans for their children? Organizing birthday parties, taking the kids to DR appointments, organizing sleepovers, etc., or even making plans and packing up for a family vacation? Most of the time it is the woman who does this stuff. Not that a man can't, it's just not his 'role' and he may not 'see' what's important and what isn't.

Ha, one time my friend decided to let her hubby pack her and the kids up for a weekend away. He forgot to pack underwear for their boys, toothbrushes, towels, medications that one of the kids needed and most of all, he forgot to pack ANYTHING for his wife! :laugh: She ended up helping him, and I remember him telling us he had NO clue wtf he was doing and thankgod she did all that stuff.

I don't mean traditional in that way but I mean a woman who actually respects the man in her life and values him. To me feminism has made many women even if they don't realize it have contempt and disdain for men. Many women view men as disposable things that can be discarded at any time and I don't want a woman like that. Why would any man want to subject himself to that?

justagirliegirl

Meaning the woman gets all the work of being a ft homemaker and holding done a ft job. No thanks!

The men want to have their cake and eat it to. Having the little woman take care of the home and the kids and her income. What the heck is he doing? Taking out the trash once a week? Mowing the lawn? Big whoop.