Why do women think nagging works?

catgirl1927
I guess so but I have yet to meet a woman who calls herself a feminist that didn't have at least a slightly anti-male attitude. I have a sweet and smart independent woman in my life right now and I very much respect her opinions but she is not an obnoxious manhater.

AUGH! Maybe we nag because you ignore everything we say. :rolleyes:

Feminist does not equal manhater. Manhater equals manhater.

If you say you are anti-feminist, can I safely assume you think women shouldn't be allowed to go to school or vote and that it's ok to beat your wife? That is the SAME as the assumption you are making about me, when I say I'm a feminist and you say I am a man hater.

Girlygirl, you're exactly right. They want a woman who does exactly everything their mothers did, but they also want her to work and bring home a paycheck. But she has to give them all her money and then they'll give her a little allowance. And she has to let them have threesomes whenever they want. While they watch sports.

justagirliegirl
a WEAK MAN would not have to be nagged at or bitched at he should have enough man in him to not act like a child and do his part in a relationship. If he is doing his part and has a female that he cannot satisfy it is obvious that there is a mismatch in the partnership. A weak man will also chalk up a request to do something as nagging. A weak man will also not bother to look for the source of the reason why the partner is upset aka bitching at him. This source could very well be within the man himself, not necessarily within the "bitching nagging" female.

And I work with all men... I have never heard so much bitching and whining and gossip in my life. I tell them to shut up and be happy they are upright and breathing.

Amen to that! I too work in a male dominated industry and it is true they are the biggest gossips, whiners, and prima donnas!:lmao: :lmao:

Nobody should have to remind an adult to pick up after themselves, so certain routine chores, etc.

Men are bullies and want total control and if they can't have it they intemidate and manipulate to get it!! Men are bullies.. I am starting to become a man hater from past expierences ..

• Author
AUGH! Maybe we nag because you ignore everything we say. :rolleyes:

Feminist does not equal manhater. Manhater equals manhater.

If you say you are anti-feminist, can I safely assume you think women shouldn't be allowed to go to school or vote and that it's ok to beat your wife? That is the SAME as the assumption you are making about me, when I say I'm a feminist and you say I am a man hater.

Girlygirl, you're exactly right. They want a woman who does exactly everything their mothers did, but they also want her to work and bring home a paycheck. But she has to give them all her money and then they'll give her a little allowance.

I grew up with a feminist mother and I very much know what it is about. It has nothing to do with equality. The way her and her friends would talk about men was the way the Nazis talked about jews.

catgirl1927
I don't mean traditional in that way but I mean a woman who actually respects the man in her life and values him. To me feminism has made many women even if they don't realize it have contempt and disdain for men. Many women view men as disposable things that can be discarded at any time and I don't want a woman like that. Why would any man want to subject himself to that?

Many women do view men as disposable. Many men view women as disposable. What I don't see is why you are calling those women feminists? What does that have to do with thinking they should be paid the same amount of money for the same job, or being allowed to vote and own property?

catgirl1927
I grew up with a feminist mother and I very much know what it is about. It has nothing to do with equality. The way her and her friends would talk about men was the way the Nazis talked about jews.

Then they are not modern feminists. You are mislabeling them. AND being very unfair to women as a whole. My father beat his wife, but I realize that not all men do that.

As a feminist and NOT a manhater, I can tell you it is ALL about equality. And not just convenient equality.

• Author
Many women do view men as disposable. Many men view women as disposable. What I don't see is why you are calling those women feminists? What does that have to do with thinking they should be paid the same amount of money for the same job, or being allowed to vote and own property?

Feminism taught women to view men as disposable. Remember that saying a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle? Remember The Scum Manifesto?

• Author
Then they are not modern feminists. You are mislabeling them. AND being very unfair to women as a whole. My father beat his wife, but I realize that not all men do that.

As a feminist and NOT a manhater, I can tell you it is ALL about equality. And not just convenient equality.

I believe that is what you believe but NOW and other feminists are not about equality. Blame the manhaters for the fact that feminist is now a dirty a word.

I am not unfair to women but I am not blind to gender relations either.

catgirl1927
Feminism taught women to view men as disposable. Remember that saying a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle? Remember The Scum Manifesto?

Yes, and remember how those women did a 180 when they realized that really didn't make them happy?

You are lumping all women into one big category and not allowing for differences. It's like saying that because men in the Taliban beat and tortured their wives, that all Indian men are like that. Or like saying that because those crazies in Jasper dragged that poor man to death that all Southern white men are monsters.

I'm sorry, you're just wrong about this.

Men are bullies and want total control and if they can't have it they intemidate and manipulate to get it!! Men are bullies..

Better that a man is a bully than a sissy.....at least the bully gets respect. :)

catgirl1927
Better that a man is a bully than a sissy.....at least the bully gets respect. :)

Hate is not the same as respect

catgirl1927
I believe that is what you believe but NOW and other feminists are not about equality. Blame the manhaters for the fact that feminist is now a dirty a word.

I am not unfair to women but I am not blind to gender relations either.

I do blame the manhaters, because you are not the only one with this misconception. It's a shame. That word is as corrupted as the word "liberal."

Your last statement I don't understand. I'm not being rude, I genuinely don't understand??

Men want respect but do they give it in return ? Hell no they don't !!

• Author
Yes, and remember how those women did a 180 when they realized that really didn't make them happy?

You are lumping all women into one big category and not allowing for differences. It's like saying that because men in the Taliban beat and tortured their wives, that all Indian men are like that. Or like saying that because those crazies in Jasper dragged that poor man to death that all Southern white men are monsters.

I'm sorry, you're just wrong about this.

Many women still ascribe to that mentality. I am not saying all women or all women from a certain region are anything but feminism is a hate movement. It also devalues the role of the father in the family. Because of feminism fathers are seen as nothing more than walking wallets and sperm donors. It is considered a blow against the patrarchy to have a fatherless child. Instead of blaming anti-feminists why not blame the extremists that hijacked your movement?

• Author
I do blame the manhaters, because you are not the only one with this misconception. It's a shame. That word is as corrupted as the word "liberal."

Your last statement I don't understand. I'm not being rude, I genuinely don't understand??

Then why not blame them insteadof people like me? Point the finger in the right direction.

The majority of women hate me just because I was born with a penis so in turn I am guarded and I protect myself. It doesn't mean I hate all women or that I can't trust them but they have to earn my trust.

Alpha you say it is better to be a bully to get respect. So a wife beater is excepted in your eyes ? That is bully and control is that a way to get respect.

Who respects a bully?:confused:

If someone thinks that the only options in a relationship are to be a bully or a sissy, then they have no place in a relationship.

• Author
Men want respect but do they give it in return ? Hell no they don't !!

The same can be said for women.

catgirl1927

I do blame the extremists. They're the ones out there lobbying for affirmative action and screwing everything up for the rest of us.

And why do you immediately jump to the defensive with me? I'm not blaming you for anything, I'm desperately trying to convince you that smart, independent women aren't the devil and there is nothing wrong with a woman having a job and taking care of herself and you shouldn't treat women like property.

Old feminism may have done that. Largely because of the violence some women suffered at the hands of men. Those women became activists and extremists and went too far.

I don't see that trying to convince people that feminism has changed is wrong of me. Just because you say it doesn't mean I have to accept it. Does that make me a manhater?

From your previous posts I would not say you grew up with a feminist mother.

She is a female with some serious mental issues who proclaims herself as a feminist. Huge huge difference. This woman obviously abused you, that is terrible but it does not make other women evil or ready to hurt you. I so hope you have looked into resolving this. You keep coming back to it over and over in your posts. My own mother was a raving lunatic psycho bitch. Thus my extraction from her life....... and I think my life is grand with the exception of current relationship problem..... but you have got to resolve it to really move on.

The same can be said for women.

I know that Woggle i was referring to what alpha said. I want repect and expect to give the same .

I accept women's nagging and bitching mainly because I don't let them manipulate me using these tactics.... thats why its impt for the man to keep the upper hand in any romantic dealings with women.

Relationships are not a game. One should have the upper hand, one should be dominated. That is crap. Relationships should be equal.

Because of feminism fathers are seen as nothing more than walking wallets and sperm donors. ?

I would say that is more how men were viewed in the 50's by women. Good provider ..... stable father......... = money and sperm.

• Author
I do blame the extremists. They're the ones out there lobbying for affirmative action and screwing everything up for the rest of us.

And why do you immediately jump to the defensive with me? I'm not blaming you for anything, I'm desperately trying to convince you that smart, independent women aren't the devil and there is nothing wrong with a woman having a job and taking care of herself and you shouldn't treat women like property.

Old feminism may have done that. Largely because of the violence some women suffered at the hands of men. Those women became activists and extremists and went too far.

I don't see that trying to convince people that feminism has changed is wrong of me. Just because you say it doesn't mean I have to accept it. Does that make me a manhater?

Myself amd the majority of people fully support equality.

I am not getting desfesnive with you. You seem like a reasonable person but I am trying to tell you why I have the views that I do. Feminism has not changed. Go to any college campus and try to talk with some of the feminists and you will see that many of them are even worse than the 70s feminists.

In many ways feminism is responsible for the rise of the far right. As much as I despise Bush he is a monster that the far left helped create.