I am falling for my married dentist - please help!

Ok......Last night about 10:00pm he sent a text msg asking how am i feeling & what's up?, i responded with, "I'm not to bad, its funny you text me when u did, i was just thinking about u"

He responded with "funny how we're both thinking of each other at the same time"

I then responded with "I am nervous about having the next lot of work done on my teeth - I need some convincing its all going to be ok"

He responded with "R u free Monday?"

I said "Sure, come past for coffee after work"

And he responded with "No worries, cant wait to see you"

Why do I suddenly feel like I'm being played? Is it just me? I swear I'm just not buying this anymore. I really think you're making this up. I'm sitting here laughing my head off. It's certainly entertaining but I'm just not buying it. It doesn't ring true.

If it is, please accept my apologies....but I don't think this is for real.

Oh, and if this is for real...don't listen to him. You've got a LOT of worries!

If it is, please accept my apologies....but I don't think this is for real.

Ok, before I feel reeeeal stoooopid.... why ya think so Coco?

• Author

Its my birthday today. And Mr Dentist send a lovely text this morning saying "Happy Birthday, chin up, keep smiling, thinking of u on your special day"

Ok, before I feel reeeeal stoooopid.... why ya think so Coco?

What do you mean? Why do I feel it's bogus?

Well...if I say why, the OP might be offended. (Not that I haven't offended anyone on here before!:rolleyes: )

LucreziaBorgia

... as if there were ever a chance of it not happening. :rolleyes:

These things move at the speed of inevitability a lot of times. Then they crash at the speed of futility.

Ah well, at least wear your seatbelt Mandy - its going to be a fast ride with a horrifying crash at the end. The question is: which party out of all involved will be the fatality? Guess that's the chance you are willing to take.

You're being foolish, Mandy. Very, VERY foolish. Don't come back here all weeping and moaning about how awful it is to be the Other Woman because you've been warned that this is a bad, bad, bad idea.

... as if there were ever a chance of it not happening. :rolleyes:

These things move at the speed of inevitability a lot of times. Then they crash at the speed of futility.

Ah well, at least wear your seatbelt Mandy - its going to be a fast ride with a horrifying crash at the end. The question is: which party out of all involved will be the fatality? Guess that's the chance you are willing to take.

Well said, LB. Sort of like what I was saying about this being akin to watching a train wreck!

You're being foolish, Mandy. Very, VERY foolish. Don't come back here all weeping and moaning about how awful it is to be the Other Woman because you've been warned that this is a bad, bad, bad idea.

Oh, don't worry. She will. And this is what she'll say:

Oh, but he was so caring. No one has ever been that caring towards me before. He took time out of his day to accomodate me. He really cared. He told me he was lonely in his marriage. And he told me that he was drawn to me the first time we met. He said he saw something very special in me. Something he's never seen before in anyone else...even his wife!

How was I to know he was only using me? Why should I listen to a bunch of strangers? Besides, you don't know the way he spoke to me. You don't kow the whole situation. So there's no way any of you could have told me how this would turn out. It could have just as easily turned out another way. He could have left his wife. But he can't now. The kids are too young. I wouldn't respect him if he left now anyway. I understand.

We're deeply in love and I miss him all the time. But I know I'm number one with him and I'll wait for him. He's worth putting my life on hold for. I know he'll leave eventually. In the meantime, I'm here for him whenever he wants me.

• Author

Coco, y r u so negative about the sitaution??

Maybe this situation IS different, and maybe we will fall in love and live happpily ever after, if not i am not worried, i am not looking to be with him forever, if it happens thats great but if not my world wont end, i just want someone causal, and he's a perfect candidate as to what i am looking for.Seems as though he's interested to.

Coco, y r u so negative about the sitaution??

Maybe this situation IS different, and maybe we will fall in love and live happpily ever after, if not i am not worried, i am not looking to be with him forever, if it happens thats great but if not my world wont end, i just want someone causal, and he's a perfect candidate as to what i am looking for.Seems as though he's interested to.

Sorry...your situation isn't different at all. Read my thread on this subject. It's EXACTLY the same as the others!

As far as saying you want someone casual...yeah, right! I don't think so. You're going to be pining away for him. You'll see. If you think you're going to live happily ever after, you're living in a real dream world. WAKE UP! This really IS a train wreck!

Mandy, tens of thousands of women before you have said the EXACT SAME THING and ended up hurt. I recall one LS poster who'd attack everyone who suggested she'd get hurt. Noooo - she was too smart, too cool, too unattached. Well guess what - she got hurt - BAD. And she was much older and more experienced than you.

And it's SOMEBODY ELSE's HUSBAND!!!!! Do you not get that?

Of course she does not get that! She doesn't see anything wrong with it. She's only concerned with how SHE feels. What SHE perceives. Well guess what? There's a price to pay for this kind of selfishness. You'll see.

• Author

Oh and no i dont see anything wrong with it as i am not the one doing anything wrong, i am completely single and unattached. If he chooses to cheat with me, thats just it, he is the one cheating on his wife, not me, i have no one to answer to and besides if he got everything he wanted at his "happy" home he wouldnt be looking elsewhere.

Sounds selfish i know, but thats how i see things, I dont have any guit what so ever, as i am not the cheater here.

besides if he got everything he wanted at his "happy" home he wouldnt be looking elsewhere

That's not the point. So he wants to get his rocks off a little more often than his wife can manage - probably because she's worn out taking care of the family. All you'll be is a receptacle. Great ambition, that.

What do you mean? Why do I feel it's bogus?

Well...if I say why, the OP might be offended. (Not that I haven't offended anyone on here before!:rolleyes: )

Yup, I was wondering why you thought it's bogus. Sounds legit to me. But, whatever..... it's her life.

Oh and no i dont see anything wrong with it as i am not the one doing anything wrong, i am completely single and unattached. If he chooses to cheat with me, thats just it, he is the one cheating on his wife, not me, i have no one to answer to and besides if he got everything he wanted at his "happy" home he wouldnt be looking elsewhere.

Sounds selfish i know, but thats how i see things, I dont have any guit what so ever, as i am not the cheater here.

Sweetie, you're enabling him. And you're not looking for the "right" advice, you're looking for a means to justify what you already know you're going to do and feel better about it.

If you really didn't want to do it, you'd be switching dentists long time ago and not answering his phone calls

But he's boosting your ego and you are looking for a form of self-gratification, at any cost. Sorry dear, but you're just as guilty as he is, even if you are single. Since you won't listen to the others, even though it's at the tip of my tongue I won't say it (don't bother waking up, stay in your haze) live with the consequences...