I am falling for my married dentist - please help!

I'd just like to say, after 800 posts and more good advice than she warranted, Mandy has left us dangling, which imo is worse than asking for advice in the first place :( God damn her, I feel so used :lmao:

ps: I'd also like to add, that I would like to apply for last place 800th post award position on hopefully, the last bloody post on this thread, hurray and a lol :p

:

:lmao: It's like Marie1973 all over again. Then they just up and disappear, forever...Leaving us dangling is right! It's like when Soap goes off the air and they don't make a final episode so you have no clue what happens! :laugh:

801. Sorry to ruin that for you! :p;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Hi Everyone -

Havent posted in a long time, sorry, was being bashed by everyone with whatever i did and said so thought it would be for the better if i just took a break from here.

End of Januray I got a card from him - keeping everything proffessional, telling me how he and his staff are delighted to have received the letter (when he knows it was just for him) he said he looked forward to catching up with me and signed off from all the staff at the dental place.

I have ignored him since and neither has tried to make contact. Had to see him last week for check up, i was really cold towards him, not friendly at all, just gave hima "hi" and that was it, he held out his hand for a handshake, i never mentioned anything about the card he had sent and i think he was dying to know and asked "did u get our card"? and i said "yes, thanks"

Nothing much happened, it was a bit awkward, i am happy to keep him as my dentist, thank goodness i dont have to see him often, it was kind of hard seeing him, i really still like him......

AM -

I am relieved to see you post.

Happy that you seem to be moving forward with time.

I'm sure it is hard to resist - but you are young honey, and can decide good things for your future.

I am glad to just know you are well... thanks for checking in....

Mandy...I'm glad you see him for what he is and also for not pursuing him.

Good for you! So now, find another dentist because it will be easier for you NOT to see him ever again. There are TONS of great dentists out there. (Maybe try a female one??) And I also know you'll find a nice single guy who will love you the way you need to be loved. Falling for a guy who is married or in a relationship just sells yourself short and you deserve better. Believe that!

scarletletter

Well done, Mandy. I think you made the right decision. I hope that you will find what you are looking for. Just remember, never settle for anything but the best for yourself. Words of wisdom from older and wiser friend. Wish I had taken my own advice but now I am confident in telling others by the mistakes that I have made. Good Luck.

Hi Everyone -

End of Januray I got a card from him - keeping everything proffessional, telling me how he and his staff are delighted to have received the letter (when he knows it was just for him) he said he looked forward to catching up with me and signed off from all the staff at the dental place.

I have ignored him since and neither has tried to make contact. Had to see him last week for check up, i was really cold towards him, not friendly at all, just gave hima "hi" and that was it, he held out his hand for a handshake, i never mentioned anything about the card he had sent and i think he was dying to know and asked "did u get our card"? and i said "yes, thanks"

Nothing much happened, it was a bit awkward, i am happy to keep him as my dentist, thank goodness i dont have to see him often, it was kind of hard seeing him, i really still like him......

Ah good. Well, I think that just about bears out what I thought for most of the thread (when I wasn't wondering if it was even real at all).

He never pressured, or even asked you, to have sex with him... nothing really happened, and he wasn't pursuing you. He has never instigated anything, despite the invitations and letters on your part... and he walks away without ever having really touched you... true?

This man was NEVER pursuing you. Was he..?

mandy, glad to hear you're moving on. Smart move. If I were you though, I'd consider getting a new dentist to avoid potential problems in the future.

Thanks for the update. Take care.

• Author

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for posting, i am glad most of you are still speaking to me even after not replying for so long.

I am happy with my decision not to pursue MM. It was a long and hard one and for a while there i did go off the rails, i guess there were just some things i had to do to get it through my thick head.

Its not that i wasnt listening to any of you, it was just at the time felt like i knew best.

Its hard not calling him or having any contact with me, i have deleted his mobile number from my ph as sometimes the temptation to call and text him were to great. Its a challenge not to think of him, its hard but i am getting by slowly.....

Stay strong honey!

You seem to be on the right path.

I am proud that you made a wise choice in the end, I know it must not be easy.

Now, you are a young gal - go find yourself an available guy who is nice and not afraid of committment!

XO

Citizen Erased

This must honest to god be the longest thread in the history of LS! 800 and more posts made before everything worked out... well sort of ...

I think half of LS came out to join this one