Ended it with a MM will he reach out? Heartbroken

39 minutes ago, Scotgirl84 said:

I prob need a therapist tbh I have severe attachment issues I need to deal with 

I strongly suggest to get one. I did it like 10 days after the breakup (I've always thought I needed one) and she has really helped me to find the sources ofnall these things, but it's not only finding the sources, but also working on them, and that's where I lack. 

• Author
6 hours ago, torn_heart said:

I strongly suggest to get one. I did it like 10 days after the breakup (I've always thought I needed one) and she has really helped me to find the sources ofnall these things, but it's not only finding the sources, but also working on them, and that's where I lack. 

Was it private or through doctors? 

ExpatInItaly
7 hours ago, Scotgirl84 said:

I prob need a therapist tbh I have severe attachment issues I need to deal with 

I was going to suggest the same thing. 

If you're at the point that you're having anxiety attacks, this is no longer about this specific man but something else going on inside you. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, ExpatInItaly said:

I was going to suggest the same thing. 

If you're at the point that you're having anxiety attacks, this is no longer about this specific man but something else going on inside you. 

So true. Op, a talk person as I call them really helps. They  can offer a different perspective. I've had one for the past 4 years mainly due my falining marriage then to help out with separation and divorce  and she has been amazing. I'vs recently reached out to talking more about getting MM out of my life. I pull strength from my meetings with her. Worth the time and every penny. Best of luck. xx

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Scotgirl84 said:

Was it private or through doctors? 

Private. I tested several therapists before I decided. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author
On 8/17/2021 at 1:24 PM, torn_heart said:

Private. I tested several therapists before I decided. 

I know you are all going to think I’m so wrong here but I lied and told married man last night that I was going on a date with someone else who was single. He was in shock and was annoyed. I said to him I don’t see why it can be an issue for him when he’s still married and no intentions of leaving he said he’s stuck in the marriage but has nothing with her! He said we are best ending it. I was like why? It seems very conflicting when you are living with someone so shouldn’t matter but he said he was too jealous 

@Scotgirl84, I’m not going to tell you that you’re wrong. In the case, the end quite easily justifies the means.   It doesn’t matter what you tell him if it gets you out of this mess.   And his stellar example of hypocrisy should show you what kind of man he really is. 

Edited by basil67
  • Like 1
  • Author
3 minutes ago, basil67 said:

@Scotgirl84, I’m not going to tell you that you’re wrong. In the case, the end quite easily justifies the means.   It doesn’t matter what you tell him if it gets you out of this mess.   And his stellar example of hypocrisy should show you what kind of man he really is. 

I know. And I think someone who was really in love with another would not let them go. This has proved it. There’s no going back from this now. I’ve told him how much I love him how I want him to leave and be with me in time. He said he wishes so bad he was single cos he loves me but can’t give me false promises. Think this says it all. 

• Author
1 minute ago, Scotgirl84 said:

I know. And I think someone who was really in love with another would not let them go. This has proved it. There’s no going back from this now. I’ve told him how much I love him how I want him to leave and be with me in time. He said he wishes so bad he was single cos he loves me but can’t give me false promises. Think this says it all. Nothing I do would be able to get him to leave. So it’s pointless trying anymore totally time to give up 

• Author
Just now, Scotgirl84 said:
2 minutes ago, Scotgirl84 said:

I know. And I think someone who was really in love with another would not let them go. This has proved it. There’s no going back from this now. I’ve told him how much I love him how I want him to leave and be with me in time. He said he wishes so bad he was single cos he loves me but can’t give me false promises. Think this says it all. Nothing I do would be able to get him to leave. So it’s pointless trying anymore totally time to give up 

Wasted 19 months of my life trying with him 

Do you also recognise that he let you go because he can’t deal with you dating?  Nothing at all about how this dead end affair is not fair on you, and that he knows he’s holding you back from something real and lasting.   It’s all about him. 

2 minutes ago, Scotgirl84 said:

Wasted 19 months of my life trying with him 

Yes, and you're still wasting time lying to him to try to make him jealous. 

• Like 6
  • Author
14 minutes ago, basil67 said:

Do you also recognise that he let you go because he can’t deal with you dating?  Nothing at all about how this dead end affair is not fair on you, and that he knows he’s holding you back from something real and lasting.   It’s all about him. 

Yea that’s very true 

• Author
12 minutes ago, ExpatInItaly said:

Yes, and you're still wasting time lying to him to try to make him jealous. 

I know but least it’s done now and I do need to move on. It’s never going to be and I’ll always be strung along 

• Author
1 minute ago, Scotgirl84 said:

Yea that’s very true 

I’m also glad I walked away without a tear this time and feel a bit stronger cos I know there’s no going back and in a way I know he’s hurt that’s bad isn’t it? 

• Author
4 minutes ago, Scotgirl84 said:

I’m also glad I walked away without a tear this time and feel a bit stronger cos I know there’s no going back and in a way I know he’s hurt that’s bad isn’t it? 

Please don’t judge me folks I’ve made a big big mistake falling in love with a married man all my own doing. I wished and hoped for the day he would leave and tried every trick in the book but fact is you were all right he’s never going to leave. I have been so naive and silly and suppose this is my own karma. I’ll never ever get into a situation like this again 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Scotgirl84 said:

It’s never going to be and I’ll always be strung along

Yes, exactly. 

I hope, for your sake, that you truly accept this and can drop him now. 

• Author
Just now, ExpatInItaly said:

Yes, exactly. 

I hope, for your sake, that you truly accept this and can drop him now. 

I don’t see any way back now I’ve lied to him to hurt him and see his reaction there’s no way now I could go back and say I lied to hurt you. It’s done. If he was ever going to leave then this would be the time. He has no intention of being in my future. He said he has a sense of obligation to his kids and her cos her illness and will have to sacrifice his own happiness to make sure they are all happy. Can’t argue with that. I am fighting a losing battle with him 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Scotgirl84 said:

I know you are all going to think I’m so wrong here but I lied and told married man last night that I was going on a date with someone else who was single. He was in shock and was annoyed. I said to him I don’t see why it can be an issue for him when he’s still married and no intentions of leaving he said he’s stuck in the marriage but has nothing with her! He said we are best ending it. I was like why? It seems very conflicting when you are living with someone so shouldn’t matter but he said he was too jealous 

It's always double standards. What he does doesn't apply to anyone else. The number of MMs I see wanting monogamous relationships with APs is hilarious. You're married dude. How less monogamous do you want to be? The response is always that he has no sexual relationship with his wife. Do it. Tell him you're dating, even if you're not. If anything at least it'll be an easy way to get rid of him permanently.

• Thanks 1
On 8/15/2021 at 2:13 PM, Scotgirl84 said:

Update I’ve bought another house perfect home for my kids. I have also walked away from mm for good this time I honestly mean it. Told him I’m worth more and I’m not willing to be his gap filler in his marriage. Told him to go back to his wife and sort his marriage out said to him I’m not second choice never 

This was 6 weeks ago and your resolve was so strong -everything you said was spot on . Unfortunately I think this was a classic case of “fake it till you make it “ believe me I’m not criticising-we’ve all been there . 
Fast forward to now and you’re trying to make him jealous -why? When you’re really really done you won’t need to play these games . 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Scotgirl84 said:

I don’t see any way back now I’ve lied to him to hurt him and see his reaction there’s no way now I could go back and say I lied to hurt you. It’s done. If he was ever going to leave then this would be the time. He has no intention of being in my future. He said he has a sense of obligation to his kids and her cos her illness and will have to sacrifice his own happiness to make sure they are all happy. Can’t argue with that. I am fighting a losing battle with him 

He’s told you before he wasn’t going to leave -if not in words certainly in actions . Please don’t keep doing the same thing and expecting to get a different result it will drain you and waste more of your precious life. 
He’s smart . By telling you he’s got an obligation because of her illness and will “sacrifice” his happiness he’s trying to come across as being a great guy who is selfless and giving up his life for his family. He’s manipulating you again into feeling sorry for him and that the decision to leave is out of his control because of the family situation. He doesn’t want you to think badly of him . Classic 

• Like 2

Please don’t judge me folks I’ve made a big big mistake falling in love with a married man all my own doing. I wished and hoped for the day he would leave and tried every trick in the book but fact is you were all right he’s never going to leave. I have been so naive and silly and suppose this is my own karma. I’ll never ever get into a situation like this again 

For your sake I hope you mean it this time . We’re all guilt of making bad choices . No point in beating yourself up the only path is apologising to people you might have hurt in the process , accepting your mistake , truly learning from it -through therapy if you are able and making better choices in the future. It’s in your gift to do that

Edited by Snakesalive
  • Like 1

he loves me but can’t give me false promises.

This is probably the most honest he’s been and the most  responsible thing he could have said

• Like 1

was like why?

You asked Why were you best ending the affair  ? 

Edited by Snakesalive