Ended it with a MM will he reach out? Heartbroken

• Author
4 minutes ago, Daisydooks said:

Atta girl! 

Thanks I know yous might be doubtful but I’m done honestly I need my self respect back totally lost myself loving him!!! 

1 hour ago, Scotgirl84 said:

Need to keep repeating this over n over in my head 

I wish I could say something like „You got this, Scot!“. But that’s too easy to say. You got this … but it’s a long road ahead of you. 

I‘ve been following your post for a while now. While I do think that there’s a lot of healing to do on your side I just want to let you know that it’s a miserable situation to be in. From what you have written this man has not treated you well (understatement) and I wish things would have gone differently for you. You deserve so much love, warmth and respect. Everyone does.

I don’t know whether you read my story. But maybe you can give it a read, at least the last part. If you’re eager to create a better life for yourself then I can tell you that what you’ve just experienced (in the past months) will either be a make or break point. I hope one day you look back and say: that was the most important thing that ever happened to me because now I am … (insert whatever/whoever your heart desires to be). And again, maybe one day you‘ll help someone on this forum that is lost, heartbroken and confused. 

It‘s ok to be sad and and to feel broken now because of what happened. It seems like you’re trying to shrug it off - but that won’t work. Feel every feeling and don’t try to be the bigger person in sucking it up. It will come up sooner rather than later anyway. Why I say that? Because you would have never been in this situation if the things would have been better before you met him. 

What are your plans now? What are your next steps? 

• Like 2
  • Author
23 minutes ago, mimic2021 said:

I wish I could say something like „You got this, Scot!“. But that’s too easy to say. You got this … but it’s a long road ahead of you. 

I‘ve been following your post for a while now. While I do think that there’s a lot of healing to do on your side I just want to let you know that it’s a miserable situation to be in. From what you have written this man has not treated you well (understatement) and I wish things would have gone differently for you. You deserve so much love, warmth and respect. Everyone does.

I don’t know whether you read my story. But maybe you can give it a read, at least the last part. If you’re eager to create a better life for yourself then I can tell you that what you’ve just experienced (in the past months) will either be a make or break point. I hope one day you look back and say: that was the most important thing that ever happened to me because now I am … (insert whatever/whoever your heart desires to be). And again, maybe one day you‘ll help someone on this forum that is lost, heartbroken and confused. 

It‘s ok to be sad and and to feel broken now because of what happened. It seems like you’re trying to shrug it off - but that won’t work. Feel every feeling and don’t try to be the bigger person in sucking it up. It will come up sooner rather than later anyway. Why I say that? Because you would have never been in this situation if the things would have been better before you met him. 

What are your plans now? What are your next steps? 

Thanks I will read your posts and appreciate your support as from others too. I am better than this. I’m going to focus on selling my house and separating fully with my husband for good and loving myself getting back to my old fun self reconnecting with friends and not focussing on him anymore putting myself first. I will never beg a man to be with me. Need time to be single and when I’ve fully healed and ready I’ll date cos I’ve never ever dated and then I’ll not feel I need to attach myself to the wrong guy! 

• Like 5
  • Author
Just now, Scotgirl84 said:

Thanks I will read your posts and appreciate your support as from others too. I am better than this. I’m going to focus on selling my house and separating fully with my husband for good and loving myself getting back to my old fun self reconnecting with friends and not focussing on him anymore putting myself first. I will never beg a man to be with me. Need time to be single and when I’ve fully healed and ready I’ll date cos I’ve never ever dated and then I’ll not feel I need to attach myself to the wrong guy! 

Because I’ve done this before with him he will think that I’m not serious and I’ll go running back as I have done before but I’m not this time I’ve woken up!! Realised I’m worth much more. I am angry too cos I’ve been such a rock for him and loved him far too much to deserve to be treated like a back up plan 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Author

Because I’ve done this before with him he will think that I’m not serious and I’ll go running back as I have done before but I’m not this time I’ve woken up!! Realised I’m worth much more. I am angry too cos I’ve been such a rock for him and loved him far too much to deserve to be treated like a back up plan 

I’m going to work tomorrow full of fun head held hi I’ll be polite to him and say good morning and not let me guard down and show him that he won’t break me! Getting my old me back. Then I’m going out dressed up for a few drinks with a good work friend who’s supportive and thinks I’ve done right thing 

5 minutes ago, Scotgirl84 said:

I’m going to work tomorrow full of fun head held hi I’ll be polite to him and say good morning and not let me guard down and show him that he won’t break me! Getting my old me back. Then I’m going out dressed up for a few drinks with a good work friend who’s supportive and thinks I’ve done right thing 

Have you thought about searching for a new job? 

• Author
10 minutes ago, mimic2021 said:

Have you thought about searching for a new job? 

No got a promotion and really love my job. I can limit seeing him there though I can avoid him as much as I can we work in different offices 

• Author
33 minutes ago, Scotgirl84 said:

No got a promotion and really love my job. I can limit seeing him there though I can avoid him as much as I can we work in different offices 

You know I started this thread heartbroken cos I ended it and was desperate for him to run back but now I see in a different light. I don’t care I just hope he’s miserable know it’s being bitter but ha ha 

Snakesalive
18 hours ago, mimic2021 said:

s ok to be sad and and to feel broken now because of what happened. It seems like you’re trying to shrug it off - but that won’t work. Feel every feelin

This is so true . @Scotgirl84proud if you for having  the strength to walk away . @mimic2021is spot on with everything. Keep distracted , you’ll feel so many emotions and that’s fine and natural some good days some  not . The important thing is you know how he really feels -he probably does love you -in his own way -but he’s not willing /able to commit to you and the development of a real relationship with you . He’s had enough time to figure this out -his hesitancy tells  you everything about the present and what you could expect from a future -with him -who wants the constant feeling of uncertainty that comes from a conflict avoidant person who can’t/doesn’t want to make a decision? . 

• Like 1
  • Author
On 7/17/2021 at 3:45 PM, Snakesalive said:

This is so true . @Scotgirl84proud if you for having  the strength to walk away . @mimic2021is spot on with everything. Keep distracted , you’ll feel so many emotions and that’s fine and natural some good days some  not . The important thing is you know how he really feels -he probably does love you -in his own way -but he’s not willing /able to commit to you and the development of a real relationship with you . He’s had enough time to figure this out -his hesitancy tells  you everything about the present and what you could expect from a future -with him -who wants the constant feeling of uncertainty that comes from a conflict avoidant person who can’t/doesn’t want to make a decision? . 

I’ve had a bit of a breakdown this weekend still not contacted him though and not heard a thing from him. I’ve phoned my work and I’m going off sick for a few weeks to focus on my kids myself and selling this house 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Scotgirl84 said:

I’ve had a bit of a breakdown this weekend still not contacted him though and not heard a thing from him. I’ve phoned my work and I’m going off sick for a few weeks to focus on my kids myself and selling this house 

Thats a good move! 

Wish you the best!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Scotgirl84 said:

Just wishing you well Scot. Take care of yourself and your children. 

• Like 1
  • Author
20 hours ago, BaileyB said:

Just wishing you well Scot. Take care of yourself and your children. 

Day 4 still no heard from him and I’ve not contacted him it’s so hard but I’m doing this 

• Like 1
  • Author

Day 4 still no heard from him and I’ve not contacted him it’s so hard but I’m doing this 

His silence has made me more hurt and angry 

11 minutes ago, Scotgirl84 said:

His silence has made me more hurt and angry. 

Is he not just respecting your wishes? You ended the relationship, what is there for him to say? 

He is respecting your decision to end the relationship and go no contact. the fact that you are hurt and angry by his lack of contact makes me think that you are not done, still playing games and hoping that he will come back…

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, BaileyB said:

Is he not just respecting your wishes? You ended the relationship, what is there for him to say? 

He is respecting your decision to end the relationship and go no contact. the fact that you are hurt and angry by his lack of contact makes me think that you are not done, still playing games and hoping that he will come back…

Well, most people that enter NC they do it to get better but there's always the hope that the ex will come back, specially when there's something they can change and make things "better" or promising a change in their behavior.

There are other people (toxic) that weaponize the break-ups.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, torn_heart said:

Well, most people that enter NC they do it to get better but there's always the hope that the ex will come back

I understand, but seriously… one can’t end a relationship and then feel hurt and angry when the individual doesn’t communicate anymore. The relationship has ended, he has taken OP at her word and it’s actually a good thing that he has not contact her. He could continue to offer false promises and it would be very difficult for her not to be drawn back into the affair. He, at least, has the decency not to do so. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, BaileyB said:

I understand, but seriously… one can’t end a relationship and then feel hurt and angry when the individual doesn’t communicate anymore. The relationship has ended, he has taken OP at her word and it’s actually a good thing that he has not contact her. He could continue to offer false promises and it would be very difficult for her not to be drawn back into the affair. He, at least, has the decency not to do so. 

The hope they have is that they change whatever made them break up, obviously, and you know better than me, in these cases 99.9% of the time doesn't happen.

Bittersweetie

In the aftermath of my d-day, I left xMM a voicemail asking him to never contact me again. I can still hear the raw pain in my voice during that message. He never did contact me and for a while I wondered if he was respecting my wishes or if he didn't actually give a crap about me. 

The fact is, why he did it doesn't really matter. What mattered was me going NC and growing stronger and addressing my own issues. I am so thankful he never reached out because it allowed me to focus on myself and my own healing. The reasoning behind it no longer matters.

You have made it 4 days. Great! Just take it one day, one hour, one minute at a time. Think of it in small increments rather than forever. You can do one day, right? Yes, you can. You are a strong woman and I believe in you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Author
10 hours ago, Bittersweetie said:

In the aftermath of my d-day, I left xMM a voicemail asking him to never contact me again. I can still hear the raw pain in my voice during that message. He never did contact me and for a while I wondered if he was respecting my wishes or if he didn't actually give a crap about me. 

The fact is, why he did it doesn't really matter. What mattered was me going NC and growing stronger and addressing my own issues. I am so thankful he never reached out because it allowed me to focus on myself and my own healing. The reasoning behind it no longer matters.

You have made it 4 days. Great! Just take it one day, one hour, one minute at a time. Think of it in small increments rather than forever. You can do one day, right? Yes, you can. You are a strong woman and I believe in you.

Thanks I thought the same surely if he loved me he would check im ok? But just to completely go silent makes me think he never cared as much as he said. But I’m not reaching out I am staying strong I have good and bad days but I’ll get through it 

ExpatInItaly
21 minutes ago, Scotgirl84 said:

But just to completely go silent makes me think he never cared as much as he said

He doesnt. This is what we have been trying to help you see for the last 34 pages, Scotgirl. 

He's respecting your wish to end this, but also, he doesn't feel the same level of hurt and anger you do. He still has his wife, his marriage, his life is intact..he's going to be fine. He held all the cards throughout the duration of this, so he isn't emotionally spiraling like you. He isn't the one sitting and hoping something will change.He could have made that happen, if he really wanted. But he doesn't really want that. You have to understand this. It's his wife he wants to hang to, not you. So he will let you go ( as he is now) when push comes to shove. He made his choice and it isn't you. 

You need to sit with that hurt and anger, and let yourself feel it. Use it to fuel yourself from continuing to drive head-first into a dead-end. You are prolonging your own misery. 

Edited by ExpatInItaly
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Author
36 minutes ago, ExpatInItaly said:

He doesnt. This is what we have been trying to help you see for the last 34 pages, Scotgirl. 

He's respecting your wish to end this, but also, he doesn't feel the same level of hurt and anger you do. He still has his wife, his marriage, his life is intact..he's going to be fine. He held all the cards throughout the duration of this, so he isn't emotionally spiraling like you. He isn't the one sitting and hoping something will change.He could have made that happen, if he really wanted. But he doesn't really want that. You have to understand this. It's his wife he wants to hang to, not you. So he will let you go ( as he is now) when push comes to shove. He made his choice and it isn't you. 

You need to sit with that hurt and anger, and let yourself feel it. Use it to fuel yourself from continuing to drive head-first into a dead-end. You are prolonging your own misery. 

I know I’ve been blinded by love thought I was special to him. You are right I’m worth we’ll more than this. It’s his loss if his life is as miserable as he says! 

ExpatInItaly
1 minute ago, Scotgirl84 said:

I know I’ve been blinded by love thought I was special to him. You are right I’m worth we’ll more than this. It’s his loss if his life is as miserable as he says! 

You’re still not really getting it. 

His life isn’t as miserable as he says. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Author
1 minute ago, ExpatInItaly said:

You’re still not really getting it. 

His life isn’t as miserable as he says. 

It is. But he’s choosing to live it cos he’s conflict avoidant and said he’s got a misplaced loyalty to stay 

• Like 1
  • Author
1 minute ago, Scotgirl84 said:

It is. But he’s choosing to live it cos he’s conflict avoidant and said he’s got a misplaced loyalty to stay 

And now he has had a taste of what a relationship should be like he will be even more fed up in it