The New LoveShack.org: Discuss the update and quirks/features here

• Author
4 minutes ago, K.K. said:

Oh, stop Outlaw you can’t go anywhere! Your posts are the best! You better be asking for a friend. 

I'm not going anywhere, K.K. I love LS. I've been here for quite some time and don't plan to leave until I'm dead. And I like to think I've managed to make a few friends here. 

Edited by The Outlaw
  • Like 1

Oh no it was a joke. You know how people always ask something and say they’re asking for a friend? Like they’ll ask where the hoes at asking for a friend. You know..stupid stuff like that. I was being silly.   I thought maybe you were asking for a friend for real because I was hoping that you wouldn’t go anywhere. 

• Author
4 minutes ago, K.K. said:

Oh no it was a joke. You know how people always ask something and say they’re asking for a friend? Like they’ll ask where the hoes at asking for a friend. You know..stupid stuff like that. I was being silly.   I thought maybe you were asking for a friend for real because I was hoping that you wouldn’t go anywhere. 

Oh, no, no. I was just seeing what was up with the option to deactivate your account. Again, I don't plan on leaving LS. 

1 hour ago, The Outlaw said:

If you deactivate your account, does it act like it would on FB or other social media or does it just cancel your account outright? 

Hi The Outlaw,

At present, deactivating your account simply keeps you from using it, from being messaged by others, etc. I'm not sure how it might work on other sites.

Best,

Paul

1 hour ago, salparadise said:

We need a link to alert moderation when we find spammy or inappropriate posts. 

Hi salparadise,

You can do this with the little flag icon. In fact, we encourage you to do so as if enough reports are received, we'll automatically remove the post for review.

Best,

Paul

There is no warning of timeouts. On the old site, if you were timed out for inactivity and attempted to reply to a thread, you’d get an alert and a pop up to log in again. On this new site, there’s nothing to indicate you’ve been timed out, until you hit “submit” on your carefully crafted reply.... and nothing happens. Hamster wheel of death. If you leave the page at that point, you can log in, but the back button doesn’t return you to the previous page with your carefully crafted reply, ready to submit, as the old site did. You just get the thread.

So be warned. If you’ve been timed out, copy your entire post to your clipboard so you can paste it into a fresh reply once you’ve logged in. Else you lose it all. I just found out the hard way.

1 hour ago, Prudence V said:

There is no warning of timeouts. On the old site, if you were timed out for inactivity and attempted to reply to a thread, you’d get an alert and a pop up to log in again. On this new site, there’s nothing to indicate you’ve been timed out, until you hit “submit” on your carefully crafted reply.... and nothing happens. Hamster wheel of death. If you leave the page at that point, you can log in, but the back button doesn’t return you to the previous page with your carefully crafted reply, ready to submit, as the old site did. You just get the thread.

So be warned. If you’ve been timed out, copy your entire post to your clipboard so you can paste it into a fresh reply once you’ve logged in. Else you lose it all. I just found out the hard way.

Hi Prudence V,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. In our testing, we found that if you return to the place you were posting and go to the editor, you'll find your content that you were typing still there. Can you try this and see if it works for you?

You'll need to be using the same device, as the content is stored on your device and not on the web site. It's not submitted to the site and we don't have a copy of it until you submit it successfully.

Best,

Paul

• Like 1
Happy Lemming

I have a question... and no rush.

If you "preview" a post that you have just typed and find you want to edit it, how do you get back to the edit mode.

I've found I have to "submit" the post, allow it to hit the forum, then edit it.

Is there a way to edit a "preview"' post before you save or submit it to the forum??

Yesterday, I was going to reply to a post but I quoted it and was going to erase what I didn’t want. The quote was way too long to try to erase what I didn’t want. I found that I couldn’t just cancel my reply. Every time I’d go out to a different post and come back to the one with the quote, the thing was still there. It’s probably still there. It’s probably something simple but I can’t figure it out. That’s kind of what you’re saying too Happy, right? 

Happy Lemming
16 minutes ago, K.K. said:

The quote was way too long to try to erase what I didn’t want. I found that I couldn’t just cancel my reply. Every time I’d go out to a different post and come back to the one with the quote, the thing was still there.

I'm on a desktop computer with a fairly large screen, so I haven't had any problems trimming down quotes.  But yes, if you back out of a post (without submitting it) the post is still there, when you re-enter the topic.  I haven't ran into the problem that you are having... I think you mentioned you are on a mobile version of Loveshack?? 

I just figured out that if you "preview" a post the "X" in the upper right hand corner takes you back to "edit" mode. I thought the "X" erased or canceled the entire post, but it doesn't. It just takes you back to the "edit" mode where you can keep typing or change your post (prior to submitting it).

28 minutes ago, K.K. said:

Yesterday, I was going to reply to a post but I quoted it and was going to erase what I didn’t want.

One of the things that's a bit different from the previous system is that you can select text (drag your cursor over text, or tap and hold on mobile) that you want to quote. Then a little button will appear to "quote selected." You can do this multiple times while composing your reply, so you don't have to get all your quotes in the first go.

4 minutes ago, Happy Lemming said:

I just figured out that if you "preview" a post the "X" in the upper right hand corner takes you back to "edit" mode.

Yup, that's it, Happy Lemming. I just did the tap and quote bit here as an example.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Paul said:

One of the things that's a bit different from the previous system is that you can select text (drag your cursor over text, or tap and hold on mobile) that you want to quote. Then a little button will appear to "quote selected." You can do this multiple times while composing your reply, so you don't have to get all your quotes in the first go.

Yup, that's it, Happy Lemming. I just did the tap and quote bit here as an example.

Ok see that quote? ^ I tried to erase it and edit it out and do everything to erase it and this whole post as a test but it won’t cancel. So I have to hit reply now. lol what am I doing wrong. 

Even if I hit the x when I’m first making the reply, it will take me back to edit mode but not entirely cancel. Even if I go out and come in again, it’s still there. I feel dumb. 

Edited by K.K.
Testing
Happy Lemming

Thanks, Paul...  I backed out of the thread and came back in and this time it allowed me to clear my post.

This time a  "Clear Editor" function came up and I was able to get rid of a quote.

Happy Lemming

Yes, K.K.  I tried it again with your above post and yes, I got a "Clear Editor" option.  This function might be specific to the desktop version, we'll have to ask Paul to chime in with the answer to that one.

Oh wow ok I don’t see that function on mine at all and I’ve hit all the buttons and looked all over the place. But I’m on mobile so maybe that is it. I’ll try again later because my phone is almost deceased. Thanks for the feedback. :) 

FYI, I'm seeing the account Riou linked instead of the actual user in some of my notifications (approx 4:30 pm EST).

Suggestion: can you give the signature lines a color? The font is quite small and with the light grey they are hard to see/notice.

I confirmed the system won't allow images in the signature line and am trying some text variations and agree the standard text size and color limits visibility.

Bolding the content appears to help a bit, as does underlining. My old eyes have some trouble with the small print in the default forum view but that's easy to zoom up in the browser settings.

Edited by William

Hi Mark,

54 minutes ago, mark clemson said:

FYI, I'm seeing the account Riou linked instead of the actual user in some of my notifications (approx 4:30 pm EST).

Could you happen to e-mail us a screenshot of what you're seeing to [email protected]? I'm not quite sure I understand. Are these notifications intended for another user?

Also, we'll take a look at darkening up the grey color in signatures and other places.

Best,

Paul

• Like 1
  • Author
20 hours ago, Paul said:

Hi The Outlaw,

At present, deactivating your account simply keeps you from using it, from being messaged by others, etc. I'm not sure how it might work on other sites.

Best,

Paul

That's an interesting concept but I know that another popular forum (talkaboutmarriage) doesn't even have that as an option, so seeing that was a first for me. I'm too addicted to LS to deactivate my account. I just hopped across that when I was trying to learn the new format. 

Hmm. I don't have screen shots and it doesn't seem to be doing it any more. The notifications were from the account smellysocksuni. If it happens again I'll try to get a screenshot for you, np...

M

I don't like all the white space between posts and especially replies. It serves no purpose and just makes me have to scroll more.  Other than that it is fine,  although I didn't see anything wrong with the old version.