The New LoveShack.org: Discuss the update and quirks/features here

5 minutes ago, Happy Lemming said:

I think "likes" are now notifications?? 

So if someone likes your post, you receive a notification?? 

Yep. That’s pretty cool. 

Im having a hard time quoting. It either wants to quote the post above me when I hit reply and don’t want to quote at all. Or like this one, I tried to quote your post a lot before it did it. I know that’s my own error though. Was never great at it. 

• Like 1
Happy Lemming

K.K. I just liked the above post.  If my theory is correct you will receive a "notification"...  I think.

Happy Lemming
7 minutes ago, K.K. said:

Yep, I did. Instant gratification lol thank you. 

OK... I just tried to send you a PM.  Let's see how that notification works...

Learning is fun!!

It looks just fine on a desktop, but it's going to be tough to nigh impossible to use on a mobile because of the enormous ads. Overall though I think it looks great and I appreciate the ease of navigation. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, K.K. said:

I'm having a hard time quoting. It either wants to quote the post above me when I hit reply and don’t want to quote at all. Or like this one, I tried to quote your post a lot before it did it. I know that’s my own error though. Was never great at it. 

On the post you intend to quote, hit the 'quote' link at the bottom of that post at left. If wishing to add that post to more than one post you're quoting, hit the "+" all the way left. There's a learning curve. It's substantially different than vBulletin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Happy Lemming said:

OK... I just tried to send you a PM.  Let's see how that notification works...

Learning is fun!!

It worked ! 

14 minutes ago, lana-banana said:

It looks just fine on a desktop, but it's going to be tough to nigh impossible to use on a mobile because of the enormous ads. Overall though I think it looks great and I appreciate the ease of navigation. 

11 minutes ago, William said:

On the post you intend to quote, hit the 'quote' link at the bottom of that post at left. If wishing to add that post to more than one post you're quoting, hit the "+" all the way left. There's a learning curve. It's substantially different than vBulletin

I think I got it. Lana I see what you’re talking about with the quotes. The grey scare quote thing comes up but there is an ad at the bottom of the screen that hinders it a little. What I did was just went for it blindly and caught the edge of the quote box so it still worked. Does that even make sense? 

Its way way better on my phone that it used to be. I used to have to try to move the box to make it big enough to see the writing. Back and forth side to side. Now it’s perfect. 

• Like 2
Happy Lemming
Just now, S2B said:

Is there a new posts button/feature? I’m lost without it- and I can’t find it! 

I think what we have now is "All Activity".  Click the drop down on the "Activity" selection and click "All Activity".  I think that is our new "New Posts" button.

At least that is what I have been doing to find new posts, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any chance we can have a choice colour schemes / themes, like a light or dark mode? I'm finding some of the icons difficult to see, particularly the star to indicate threads I've replied to, because they're such a light grey on a white background.

• Like 1

Smooth navigation and looks great. Shanex approves and has liked every posts here. 

A new chapter to LS especially for those like me who mostly browse using their phone and tablet.

Edited by Shanex

The search will come back as soon as all the other behind the scenes processes are finished running. it has been disabled till then.

I would expect the processes to finish in the coming days.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, johan said:

Avatar is a little funky.  Guess I need to get a new one.

You can adjust your avatar on your profile page to resize or center as needed. Mine was a little off too.

I'm a 'text-only' kind of guy. So I don't like it bigtime.

Major problem for me - no obvious way to preview a post to see how it looks and check for spelling, grammar, and word selection improvements.

Too much whitespace. Consequently requires a lot more scrolling to see all the categories on the home page and all the posts within a category.

The actual added text in the posts does not stand out so it's harder to distinguish any quoted text from any new text.

Difficult to distinguish individual posts from each other.

Good news - still usable. But for a guy like me who prefers visual queues to where 'records' begin and end and HATES whitespace, .... I prefer the previous 'look and feel'.

• Like 1

Missing from UI within a topic making navigation more difficult:

A link to view the first unread

Edited by nospam99

I run with javascript off. I see there were a couple of replies to my observation about no preview that mentioned a menu bar. I see no menu bar. I guess it only appears with javascript on. Also, I see no way to quote a post.

Other observations:

I see no count of my messages and no way to access sent and received messages other than sorting them. It's hard to tell, but I think many of my messages are 'missing'. I suppose they might be records that were not transferred from the old database (yet?).

I don't see a count of my 'likes' nor a way to look at them.

I don't see a link to 'all posts' or 'all threads' started by me.

BTW, I know it is a 'lost art'. But I happen to be 'real good' at coding a web page to make it work when javascript is off. Another 'but' .... I always work in raw html and have no idea how difficult it is to modify code automatically generated by tools like Dreamweaver. Edited by nospam99

Just wondering if you can tell who viewed your profile, or is that private? It says that 5 people viewed my profile. 

From my experiments, it appears members who are not invisible will show up in the 'who viewed my profile' block. I noted, since starting the experiment the number grew substantially but only one early view, a member I know to be visible, is shown.

Also, regarding 'new posts', the activity stream menu item has a number of customizable features to drill down member-desired specifics. I usually hit 'all activity' but haven't dived into all the custom stuff yet. Far more versatile than the new posts link on the old forum.