The New LoveShack.org: Discuss the update and quirks/features here

35 minutes ago, lonelyplanetmoon said:

Why does the font size have to be sooooooooo small?

there is so much white space.  The text wraps anyway.  

I like the layout except the font size.

Try holding the control key and rolling your mouse button, instant enlargement...

My old eyes find the font here a bit small too; what I do is hit command-+ on my Mac and the text enlarges and apparently the browser remembers since it stays that size whenever I return here, even if other sites are not zoomed at all. Currently, it's at 120% and that works OK for me.

lonelyplanetmoon
On 12/26/2019 at 7:36 PM, Robert said:

Try holding the control key and rolling your mouse button, instant enlargement...

I am using an iPad. How do I increase font size on iPad?

I can’t seem to get used to the new layout. 

I’m on an iPhone and I have to click on about 6 different buttons to get to threads I’ve posted in. I can’t navigate easily.

i also can’t set it to read the newest posts first - so I have to manually punch in the last page number to view newer posts.

im going to quit coming here unless someone has a great way to navigate more easily. I’ve been here technically since 2005 so this makes me sad - but my frustration level isn’t making it worth it for me.

suggestions? 

I’m on an iPhone. Just click the 3 bars at the top right.Scroll down to your account and your profile to see what you posted in. 

Click the little square at the top for the new posts. Or scroll down on the 3 bars again and hit activity and more then hit all activity. That’s how you see everything and everybody that has posted or liked. 

To see the last page of a multi-page thread you just hit the little arrow things at the bottom or top next to the ‘next button’. If you just want to go the next page hit next. I don’t punch in any numbers. Unless I’m misunderstanding you here and that’s entirely possible. Lol 

Edited by K.K.

Hi so, I can’t get the ‘condensed’ tab to work. It’s on ‘expanded’ and won’t come off of it. 

I don’t want the expanded view. 😥 

Did I break something? 

CautiouslyOptimistic
14 minutes ago, K.K. said:

Hi so, I can’t get the ‘condensed’ tab to work. It’s on ‘expanded’ and won’t come off of it. 

Did I break something? 

Same here.

Also filed a report in case he's off to a NYE party somewhere. He's been working on the forum tweeking this and that pretty much every day.

CautiouslyOptimistic
10 minutes ago, carhill said:

Also filed a report in case he's off to a NYE party somewhere. He's been working on the forum tweeking this and that pretty much every day.

Well, it's not an emergency ;).

Ha, ha, gotta strike while the iron is hot. Never know how long we have. Meanwhile I'll check some of the other toggles.

Well... now I can’t even get to the condensed/expanded tab because the little pink New Years chat pop up thing that was staying at the bottom of the screen, has now moved up to the very top of the screen and directly underneath it there’s a whole huge row of ads covering half the screen. 

I can’t work like this. 🤪 

Hi K.K.,

12 hours ago, K.K. said:

Did I break something? 

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We investigated and found that this was a bug that happened when the clock switched to 2020. We reported the issue to our vendor and put in a temporary fix that should have this working for you.

Please let us know if you still have any trouble (you might need to refresh the page). Happy New Year!

Best,
Paul

littleblackheart

Not usually a big fan of change but I have to say I'm really enjoying navigating this new and improved LS. I especially like how much easier it is now to quote parts of a post.

It also feels a lot slicker and overall more professional.

Great upgrade!

18 hours ago, littleblackheart said:

Not usually a big fan of change but I have to say I'm really enjoying navigating this new and improved LS. I especially like how much easier it is now to quote parts of a post.

Sorry but l can't stand it.  l dunno why they can't just leave websites as they are instead of always tinkering and fiddling. l use Ebay and a few others for a living and every damn mth or two we're suppose to learn all this new bs about their tinkering . That'd be fine for a lot of people out there got nothing better to do but l  can tell ya , for me, it just wastes my time.

And they usually take what was a perfectly good site, very easy and straight forward , does everything it needs to simply and straight forwardly , and turn it into a damn complicated mess. You should see what my trading sites done to what use to be the best trading site out there, it's just a pain in the ass now.  lt was 10x better 10 yrs ago than what it is now. And sorry mods but it's just the same all over again here. The old one was nicely basic very very easy did everything it had to and was much easier on the eyes.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
SummerDreams

Hello everyone and happy new year! I love the new format, so much easier to read, quote and post, easy to edit, easy to read new comments the moment they are created. I am reading on mozilla, windows 10 at 170% zoom. Am I blind or are the letters too small? 😛

• Like 1

LOL because I agree with chillii way too much and too often. IIRC (on the old system) at least once I referred to him as my 'brother from another mother'.

I agree that I prefer the old system. Water under the bridge. TL/DR summary of my observations follows.

It took a while for me to work out all the functionality. But I can:
- read posts
- start new topics
- go to the first unseen by me post in a topic (although it looks like when a topic gets moved to a different category my 'bookmark' gets lost)

That's enough function for the site to be useful to me.

What I can't do anymore (in some instances because I run with javascript off):
- see my or someone else's Likes history and thus link to the profile of someone who has given a particular person (ME!) a Like
- see my or someone else's posts per day average
- see my full PM history
- distinguish sent and received PMs from each other
- go to the first unseen by me (something like View First Unread on the old system) from within as open topic
- see the post index and thus easily tell whether or not I'm at the beginning of the topic

I don't like the display features of the new User Interface (UI) at all. Too much whitespace for me resulting in too much scrolling. More links to follow than on the old system in order to navigate to certain specific information.

My other 'peculiarity' (I prefer to consider it a skill :D ) is that I touch type, not just the QWERTY part of the keyboard, but the row of numbers and punctuation keys, all (caps lock, alpha shift, function shift, control shift, option shift, alt shift, command shift, numeric shift) the shift keys, and the delete, backspace, and 'arrow' keys, too. Any UI that makes me take my fingers off the home keys to use a 'pointing device' sux. I find that happens more often on the new system.

7 hours ago, Veronica73 said:

I like the option to avoid ads.

Thanks for helping the site as a supporting member!

• Like 1

Some stuff is less intuitive, and needs getting used to, but overall I far prefer the new site. I’ve noticed I’m spending much more time on the site since the reboot. 

I noticed that posts no longer automatically merge when you’re the last person to have posted, and you reply to someone else. I thought that was pretty cool, so I’m sad it’s gone, but maybe it would have gotten irritating if there were major changes in tone, say, between an earlier response and a later one, that all got lumped into one past, so that the tone got misread.  So perhaps it’s better this way, though it was cool while it lasted. 😢

Edited by Prudence V
Typo
  • Like 1