What is your honest opinion of women over 40

The difference being their are far more younger women that stay with older men than their are younger men staying with older women. I'm sorry so many older women are disjointed about this, it's just how it is lol.

Yes you are right, for now. I don't think older women are disjointed about that. It's been that way for centuries due to many factors that have nothing to do with love. Still, younger men are far more attractive.

• Like 1
oceanblue12
I stopped reading the replies about a page and half back. I got up this morning and thought of having posed this question and realized I don't really care that much what people think of women over 40. I'm still young, look young, feel young and am attractive. That's all that counts. I'm just going to enjoy life and not worry about those few bitter older men who think they can do better. I can do better, too.

Thanks for the replies, folks. :)

That's the RIGHT attitude....be who you are and OWN IT.

loversquarrel
Yes you are right, for now. I don't think older women are disjointed about that. It's been that way for centuries due to many factors that have nothing to do with love. Still, younger men are far more attractive.

Younger PEOPLE are more attractive FOR THE MOST PART, there are exceptions. Good luck getting a younger man to commit to an older woman, they are very few and far between.

Oh and um.... I happen to be one of those exceptions, call it great genetics and hard work ;-)

amaysngrace

Question...

Why do men look directly at you the whole entire time they’re walking towards you and just as you get close to them they stop and pretend like they didn’t see you at all?

It seems so arrogant to me besides kind of stupid. It’s not like we didn’t see you looking right at us. I don’t get it.

loversquarrel
Question...

Why do men look directly at you the whole entire time they’re walking towards you and just as you get close to them they stop and pretend like they didn’t see you at all?

It seems so arrogant to me besides kind of stupid. It’s not like we didn’t see you looking right at us. I don’t get it.

How is that arrogant? It could be they find you attractive but aren't quite sure how to work up the nerve to speak to you? I guess the stupid part comes from passing up an opportunity? Or on the flip side maybe they feel you are an abrasive type by how you project. It could be any number of reasons.

• Like 1
oceanblue12
So what’s with getting hit on by guys my kids’ age? It doesn’t happen all the time but it happens often enough, like once a month at least.

I don’t know what it means, I’m thinking it’s all about sex which is probably why I find them creepy and annoying.

Maybe, it is as simple as.....you are a very attractive woman and that transcends many age barriers

• Like 2
amaysngrace

I’m not very abrasive only if I’m in a bad mood which is not much at all. Most people are very nice to me which I doubt they would be if I was truly abrasive.

That’s basically what I go on because we all think we are awesome.

Well except guys my age who want young women. Then not so much.

oceanblue12

I would also concede that being nice would make one more attractive but I would think that your physical attractiveness is what these guys are drawn to more than the kindness....just an opinion

• Like 1
loversquarrel

Not necessarily every guy wants a younger woman. There are plenty of men who have posted in this thread their preferences for a woman of similar age. To be honest with you once my wife reaches the age of 41 then I'll be into women over 40 lol.

• Like 4
Shining One

I'm wondering how many women dated age-equivalent men in their early twenties. The vast majority of women I knew growing up avoided late teens / early twenties men in favor of older men. This has to create a gap somewhere down the line for women. I would have loved attention from a 19-year-old woman when I was 19. Unfortunately, I didn't get that attention until I was 29.

• Like 1
Younger PEOPLE are more attractive FOR THE MOST PART, there are exceptions. Good luck getting a younger man to commit to an older woman, they are very few and far between.

Oh and um.... I happen to be one of those exceptions, call it great genetics and hard work ;-)

Yeah me too. It wasn't that hard.

I'm wondering how many women dated age-equivalent men in their early twenties. The vast majority of women I knew growing up avoided late teens / early twenties men in favor of older men. This has to create a gap somewhere down the line for women. I would have loved attention from a 19-year-old woman when I was 19. Unfortunately, I didn't get that attention until I was 29.

My 20s..

2 years older than me.

1 year older.

1 year younger.

Same age.

Same age.

One off dates in terms of age diff:

I went on a date with a guy 15 yrs older and he turned out to be a drunk who lived with mummy. This is a 40+ man. Should I now label all men over 40 as creeps with psychological issues and alcoholism.

I also went on a date with a 23yo and that was fine but he was insecure about where he was in life and felt he lagged behind me. Well duh!

Question...

Funny , women do the same thing, in ways l just take it as a pretty natural thing sometimes when your walking toward the opposite sex.

But one angle if l do do it is, l often realize last minute that l might've been looking , so suddenly it's like oops , sorry about that.

Edited by chillii
  • Like 3

Were they looking at you or just generally looking to see where they are going? Once up close it is rude to stare so they look down and away.

• Like 2
There is a shocking volume of sexist and ageist hatred

I suspect that the members with opinions you agree with outweigh those you don't, but the opinions offensive to you are what get your attention.

• Like 2
I suspect that the members with opinions you agree with outweigh those you don't, but the opinions offensive to you are what get your attention.

I don't think it's a matter of agreeing or disagreeing or a balancing act. I'm just stunned by how crappy some people are :laugh:

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear
I don't think it's a matter of agreeing or disagreeing or a balancing act. I'm just stunned by how crappy some people are :laugh:

Just like a lot of things in life. having choices and exercising them(even if you disagree) doesn't make people "crappy"...Hearing/reading opinions that differ from what you want to hear doesn't mean those opinions are crappy either...

Relationships aren't about universal inclusion and participation trophies.

TFY

• Like 3
Then you must be doing something wrong.

Not a chance. Obviously I did something right. We've been happily married for 22 years.

mark clemson

I think there's truth to what some of the older men are saying on this thread about younger women even in their 20's showing interest. Especially if the older man is "well preserved".

I think part of the reason the whole older man/younger woman thing works for a lot of people is that the older guy may fit some of the subtler things that many (not all) women are interested in: emotional maturity, competence, job skills, status, having an established place in the community.

And of course the younger woman can work for the older guy for the reasons already mentioned. So, it can sometimes be "win/win".

Not saying that the opposite can't work for some folks, but there are tendencies that often make this appealing at least in the short term.

I also certainly don't think there's anything inherently wrong with women in their 40s - obviously they can have many good qualities that make them great lovers/spouses. I do think that, in a side-by-side comparison, the 40-something may need to find ways to make herself stand out in comparison to say, a 32 year old who may have (to a male eye) more purely physical appeal. But I definitely think that's quite doable with personality, social skills, self-sufficiency, etc. If she's less high maintenance, more loyal, just as nice, better in bed, etc - well, she's more of an equal to the guy and may fit his life a lot better.

• Like 1

I am 55. Haven't dated in 7 or 8 years but when I did I found that women more than about 5 years younger than me just weren't a good fit. We just didn't have much in common. For me at least, things that shouldn't matter like music tastes, television references, and just life experiences did matter after all. So when I was 48, I wanted to date women from about 43 to 48. I also found that I wasn't attracted to women that were older than me. I logically told myself it shouldn't matter, but somehow it just did. At 55, I would likely stick to the same logic and date 50 to 55 year olds.

Many of my divorced/single friends 'brag' about going out with women in the twenties and thirties. I just wonder what they actually talk about.

Lots of guys in their 50s and 60s DO want to date much younger women. Plenty of guys want women close to their age. Don't get discourage. Dating in 2019 is a numbers game. Stick with it till you find someone you like.

amaysngrace
Many of my divorced/single friends 'brag' about going out with women in the twenties and thirties. I just wonder what they actually talk about.

I believe there is a lot to be learned from younger people. They see the world in ways different than we do and are more enlightened in a sense. I guess it depends on the younger person but I know that I’ve benefitted from daily conversations with my children.

They are also more open to discussing their thoughts and feelings which can be therapeutic in a way for a person in a previous generation to experience. There’s more to conversing than just playing the “remember when?” game, I’ve found.

• Like 1

More about just getting along in that way to my mind.

My daughters only 17 but we talk so much my throat usually goes in the end.

And she's as smart if not smarter than most grown women l know.

Just like a lot of things in life. having choices and exercising them(even if you disagree) doesn't make people "crappy"...Hearing/reading opinions that differ from what you want to hear doesn't mean those opinions are crappy either...

Relationships aren't about universal inclusion and participation trophies.

TFY

Your default advice for women is 'stop being so fat and then someone will love you'. Maybe the 40+ men should just stop being paedos. Why is it socially acceptable for a man to date someone who was a fetus while he celebrated his 21st.

• Like 1
Your default advice for women is 'stop being so fat and then someone will love you'. Maybe the 40+ men should just stop being paedos. Why is it socially acceptable for a man to date someone who was a fetus while he celebrated his 21st.

I am not an ageist against any woman but if they are of legal age that is their business. I don't know why people are so concerned with what consenting adults do. Whether or not is socially acceptable is beside the point. If they are not signing my checks or any of the people who has gained my trust I don't about their opinion.

• Like 2