What is your honest opinion of women over 40

^^ Where do you get those figures from? That's really not the case where I live...

Also, people of every shape, size and age go in and out of relationships all the time (in real life). It is possible for anyone who wants it (and is reasonably well-adjusted, which is most people).

Unfortunately the US is among the worst :(

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db219.htm

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear
Well this just sounds like you're angry at women. Maybe you were passed up all the time when younger.

You can claim women overestimate their looks but if that's true, so do men. They don't like to admit they're fat, old, and usually have an overblown confidence that they can get younger women. Sure, sometimes they can, but many times they're just average, not so young looking, in failing health, and thinking women 20 -30 years old would be thrilled to have them. Women that age want men their age or perhaps a little older... but not 20 to 30 years older. When I was that age I had 50 years old chasing me and I thought it was gross. Let's keep it real, here.

Older men don't have an edge on older women. I see women my age every day men of the same age could never keep up with.

That's why YOU are on here bitch!ng all the time....Every thread you start is the world sucks and you are Ms Wonderful...Yes I agree....Let's get real here:rolleyes:

Don't make assumptions about me...They aren't true in the least...Every guy should be so lucky and I actually like most women...;)

TFY

• Like 2
amaysngrace

Practically everyone is married where I live too, Fair. Even the old ones are married.

About the only ones in any real quantity are way too young for me.

It’s funny how many men would jump at a chance with a young woman and think that makes them desirable where some women have that same exact experience with a young man and think “what is wrong with you?”

• Like 1
oceanblue12

WOW.....there are many men that would LOVE to be able to date

or go out with women like you....I mean A LOT of them

• Author
That's why YOU are on here bitch!ng all the time....Every thread you start is the world sucks and you are Ms Wonderful...Yes I agree....Let's get real here:rolleyes:

Don't make assumptions about me...They aren't true in the least...Every guy should be so lucky and I actually like most women...;)

TFY

Sorry, but this just made me laugh.

• Like 1
So what’s with getting hit on by guys my kids’ age? It doesn’t happen all the time but it happens often enough, like once a month at least.

I don’t know what it means, I’m thinking it’s all about sex which is probably why I find them creepy and annoying.

I think this post gives a perfect example of the differences in mens and womens thinking. To you as a woman there is no attraction to younger men, this is common. You just find it creepy and anoying and think its about sex.

Me as a 40 something having a relationship with someone half my age is the goal. Men like to take care of women. It is a symbiotic relationship. Men at my age have had commitments. Some of us are done with all that. Young women are horny and not looking to get tied down to and older man. That is why we are attractive to each other. Women in their 40's however are "done with hooking up" and looking for something serious. Men their age are exiting from long relationships and the last thing they may want is another serious commitment. Women also mature faster emotionally then men. The collogen in the skin also means that women that age end up looking 10-15 years older than men the same age as them.

amaysngrace

Yea that’s crap. Genetics determine whether a man or a woman looks old for their age.

• Like 2
Yea that’s crap. Genetics determine whether a man or a woman looks old for their age.

its 50% genes and 50% how you take care of yourself

• Like 2
littleblackheart
There are no men around here. When I've asked friends in the past if they know anyone they could set me up with the answer was always... "Gee... I don't know of anyone."

Well I guess that explains your situation, rather than it being your age or looks. Would you consider moving?

• Like 1
amaysngrace

You can take terrible care of yourself and still look great if you have good genes.

And money. Lol

• Like 3
You can take terrible care of yourself and still look great if you have good genes.

And money. Lol

most of those who take terrible care of themselves end up looking terrible

• Like 1

I think you take a bit of grief around here Fair. You are defensive as a person would be under attack, I can't fault you for that.

It isn't necessary to move in order to find a compatible person...but it is necessary to have an open mind and heart. That isn't an easy feat for a person who has been hurt and burned.

My advice would be to stop looking at others and so critically at yourself. There is a lot of joy in the world Fair, become part of it. I read somewhere about the only way against dark is to be light, look away, not because you don't know that it is there; because the only way to not be a part of it is to be the only thing that will destroy it.

A person's age is irrelevant, love doesn't have an age and pretty/handsome is always subjective until a person speaks and does action. Which is a lifetime.

Try to get out of your shell Fair.

• Like 3
amaysngrace

True alpha. Most don’t look great but there’s some who make poor choices constantly but it doesn’t seem to have an effect on them at all.

• Like 2
CautiouslyOptimistic

Yeah, I agree. I am fortunate in the genetics department (as far as skin goes), but I think if I excessively tanned, smoked or did hard drugs in my lifetime, it would take a toll!

Yeah, I agree. I am fortunate in the genetics department (as far as skin goes), but I think if I excessively tanned, smoked or did hard drugs in my lifetime, it would take a toll!

indeed CO. Did you see pics of Burt Reynolds before he died? He looked like hell, couldn't even recognize him

I guess this is a side effect of the supermarket shopping that is internet dating. Just as women are bypassing guys who do not come up to the 6 foot mark as she deserves a "proper" man, men are ticking the under 40 box, as he deserves a younger woman.

Whereas IRL, it is all about immediate attraction and getting along well, so does it matter if he is actually only 5 foot 10, or she is 43...???

Not really.

I can't tell. Was that tongue in cheek?

Is the 6 foot mark really a 'thing'? I thought women in general preferred men who are taller than them, but not necessarily men who are 6 feet or taller.

I can't tell. Was that tongue in cheek?

Is the 6 foot mark really a 'thing'? I thought women in general preferred men who are taller than them, but not necessarily men who are 6 feet or taller.

Definitely a "thing".

Rule of Sixes

Minimum requirements

1 Must be at least six feet tall

2 Must have a 6 pack (Or be extremely fit)

3 Must make at least 6 figures ($100,000 per year or more)

4 Must have at least 6 years of college (Possessing a Master's degree or higher)

oceanblue12
Definitely a "thing".

Rule of Sixes

Minimum requirements

4 Must have at least 6 years of college (Possessing a Master's degree or higher)

if you are a male and actually have that or say maybe a 4 pack

does it really make a difference?

Whereas IRL, it is all about immediate attraction and getting along well, so does it matter if he is actually only 5 foot 10, or she is 43...???

Not really.

I agree. The age gap sticker shock as it were is a product of the digital age we live in.

When I met women in real life, a couple of my exes, women I have been in relationships with, the age conversation came up a few dates in and it wasn't an issue.

Online, swipers see a number and they immediately put that person in a pigeonhole.

More importantly, the key is to take care of one's body no matter the age. A fit 45 year old woman who takes care of herself, gets mani/pedis and dresses in style can look far more physically attractive than a 25 year old woman who lets herself go.

• Like 1
Definitely a "thing".

Rule of Sixes

Minimum requirements

Where did you get that information? Nothing against you personally because I know you didn't come up with the rule, but "Rule of Sixes" sounds banal, like something social media would promote to impressionable 20 somethings.

Men should have rules too, just to counterbalance those shallow ******* rules.

"Rule of Sixes" sounds banal, like something social media would promote

I guess that is exactly where it came from.

Eternal Sunshine

To older ladies: it's easier to go younger. Gorgeous men in their late 20s to early 30s seem to show great deal of interest. They are still at life stage where younger women don't seem that interesting and ego is not associated with it. And they are dynamite in the bedroom :o

• Like 2