What is your honest opinion of women over 40

It can apply to both men and women. But these rule are meaningless and if a woman goes by them while dating online, then she's going to be missing out on a lot of great men out there. The same goes for men.

I have gone on dates with women who have advanced degrees and none of them were scholars, let alone interesting to converse with or have an intellectual debate with.

Anyone can get a degree these days. Literally, anyone. Besides, if one has noting to show for it, then it's a meaningless piece of paper.

I once met a woman who boasted about her degree and the school she attended as though that made her a golden nugget. She turned out to be a rude psycho.

Many a dud have degrees. But that doesn't mean anything in reality, not even with income. One could have an advanced degree and have a 5 figure income or no income at all. There are people who earn a 7 digit salary but bave high school diplomas.

I have dated women who earned more than $100K, but they were shallow and cheap. I have dated great looking women and they turned out to have no character.

These arbitrary rules are meaningless. And if society is going to use them as a yard stick for dating, then we're in deep trouble. I'm considering moving somewhere else, to be honest, a remote village somewhere where people actually enjoy life, not accumulate trophies.

Speaking from personal experience, money doesn't buy happiness. It buys comfort, but not happiness.

• Like 2
PhillyLibertyBelle
It's a reality that few women want to accept...

Just so you know there are outliers to your datapoint:

PhD

Seriously affluent

Size UK 6-8 which is a US 4-6

Mega Professional

Long blond hair

Yoga and F45

Very pretty

Admitting to Botox lip fillers and (reasonable) breast implants

Fun

Easy going

Honest

A good friend

What I’m not willing to do is date someone 25 years younger with a milf fetish or damaged men who I have to financially support. That leaves a very small group to choose from and a very big inequity in supply and demand.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

Admitting to Botox lip fillers and (reasonable) breast implants

Just curious: Are men more attracted to natural beauty or artificial? I was looking at some pictures of Jeff Bezos affair partner, and found her looks very off putting :sick:

• Like 2
CautiouslyOptimistic

Men should have rules too, just to counterbalance those shallow ******* rules.

They do.....

Definitely a "thing".

Rule of Sixes

Minimum requirements

1 Must be at least six feet tall

2 Must have a 6 pack (Or be extremely fit)

3 Must make at least 6 figures ($100,000 per year or more)

4 Must have at least 6 years of college (Possessing a Master's degree or higher)

Haaaa, no wonder they struggle then , because they'd need to live up to that themselves to then in that case because that'd rule out most of the guys out there. So the ones that did have all that would have oodles to choose from and she'd have to be prettyyyyy damn special.

PhillyLibertyBelle
Just curious: Are men more attracted to natural beauty or artificial? I was looking at some pictures of Jeff Bezos affair partner, and found her looks very off putting :sick:

I think she’s off putting too. I have implants because I had breast cancer and needed reconstruction so I went for the size I had before so no one really knows they are implants.

I have a natural not frozen Botox and I get a little filler to my top lip once a year or a little less.

I’m not having inner tube lips.

It is some “fakery” I guess but I’m not trying to hide it. I also wear mascara eyeliner and lip gloss and I don’t feel that’s a”deception” with or without the makeup you’d know it was me either way.

Not really sure how men feel about it broadly, my male platonic friends don’t make any comment.

• Like 1

Me too. She looks like she's had work on her face. His ex-wife is far more attractive if you ask me.

• Like 1
To older ladies: it's easier to go younger. Gorgeous men in their late 20s to early 30s seem to show great deal of interest. They are still at life stage where younger women don't seem that interesting and ego is not associated with it. And they are dynamite in the bedroom :o

Same with younger women to though, and you see , here in lies a lot of the issues and double standards.

Yet guys are told they're looking for an ego boost, they're looking for someone they can control, all just excuses, truth is those guys are just looking for the same things women that screw around with younger guys are looking for.

Edited by chillii
  • Like 3
PhillyLibertyBelle
They do.....

Oh they do:

They want slim women (some bame a max weight) this seems to hold true no matter what the man weighs

5’6 or thereabouts and no taller

No children (or definitely none at home)

Feminine

Does not want/ want more children

Great looking

Successful enough

Adequate resources so the man doesn’t feel like he’s dating down

And oddly apparently likes all kinds of sport both participation And spectating

• Like 1
PhillyLibertyBelle
Me too. She looks like she's had work on her face. His ex-wife is far more attractive if you ask me.

Completely agree

• Like 1
PhillyLibertyBelle

Forgot to add I had braces as a teenager so I have straight teeth. I don’t think that should count against someone

Natural beauty wins hands down for me any old time. That worked on stuff just never looks right and as they age more it all starts to mess with their features more and more.

l mean not every one can be natural beauties though of course, but yaknow , it's amazing the difference some over due tlc and a new look , weight loss , the whole lot ,can make.

l've known or seen a lot of people in real life over the years , actually reverse their looks 10 or 15 yrs just by turning over a new leaf and getting stuck into some tlc. The difference it can make is massive.

• Like 3
Forgot to add I had braces as a teenager so I have straight teeth. I don’t think that should count against someone

Nah , of course it wouldn't. Funny thing my daughters going through braces right now, poor thing. But we can't believe the way her teeth have moved they're almost perfect already and it's only been a few months yet.

Those things are incredible.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic

So men want crooked teeth now? I don't understand what you're saying.

• Like 1
PhillyLibertyBelle
So men want crooked teeth now? I don't understand what you're saying.

I’m just saying it’s another cosmetic thing I had done and I don’t think it makes me fake.

• Like 1

Quite frankly, I find natural beauty far more attractive. Have you seen some of the women out there that have pictures with and with no makeup?

It can be chilling.

When I see a very attractive woman and her attractive attributes are the direct result of all the makeup, I have no interest whatsoever. Remove the fake eyelashes, the mascara, the foundation, the primer and dot dot dot

But the cosmetics industry has convinced women that they need that artificial beauty to match what they see in photoshopped magazine pictures.

I want to wake up next to someone who's attractive, not someone who is only attractive after applying makeup.

• Like 1
I find them the least agreeable, most demanding demographic out there

I wanted to respond to this earlier, but the thread broke yesterday.

Fair, this is the point in particular which I was agreeing with. It's not uncommon for women of a certain age to put on their FB feed comments like 'don't mess with a middle aged women - she's got no time for that nonsense'. And I tend to agree - so many of us have started to say what we think. We will be nice, kind and thoughtful when it's appropriate, but we are past pretending to be nice. Older women know what they want and would rather go without than compromise. This is what EG is seeing.

And your response? No pretending to be nice or putting up with stuff you don't like.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear
What I’m not willing to do is date someone 25 years younger with a milf fetish or damaged men who I have to financially support. That leaves a very small group to choose from and a very big inequity in supply and demand.

I can't say what the issue is...About all I can say is some women just repel the male species in some way...Even if they are good looking...Same holds true for men as well..Not saying its true of you. the OP or anyone else...

But if you are truly as awesome as you say, then you wouldn't struggle...period.. Not in my experience...I don't believe in any of the horseshyt that's peddled on here by struggling women...

They blame the entire world...If it's not they are "too pretty", "too educated" "too mega professional", "too wealthy" etc.m then it must be that there are no men around where they live...Its as if they live on a deserted island..:laugh:...all the while there are middle aged diner waitresses finding good men all day.....

I won't doubt there are a shortage of good men at this age, heck, I am an arrogant jerk to people that I don't know, and yet get tons of attention, even though I an not looking or trying.. Its almost to the point of being annoying, though I never thought I would say that..I think there are a lot of reasons...I know a lot of good men that wont leave horrible marriages because they'll lose everything in a divorce. ..Maybe women should be behind changing the laws to free up some of those good guys..:laugh:

Hence back to the original point.. It's pretty much a man's game at this stage.. (shrug)…

TFY

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 2

Women that have good personalities and take good care of themselves should do okay at any age.

• Like 4
Shining One
PhD

Seriously affluent

Mega Professional

If you're looking for your male equivalent, I can see why you'd struggle. Men with these attributes have younger women practically throwing themselves at them.
  • Like 2

They blame the entire world...If it's not they are "too pretty", "too educated" "too mega professional", "too wealthy" etc.m then it must be that there are no men around where they live...Its as if they live on a deserted island..:laugh:...all the while there are middle aged diner waitresses finding good men all day....

TFY

The truth is they do not want to touch with a barge pole the men the middle aged diner waitresses have found... that is the reality.

It is a class, education type thing usually and men who please diner waitresses are not going to impress these women.

People need to date compatible people, so of course there could be a dearth of suitable available guys. Average Joes are ten a penny, but these women are not interested in average Joes.

This is not about finding A man, most women can find A man, this is about finding THE man.

Most women in that situation would rather have no man than have to "settle", that is why they often remain single.

Edited by elaine567
  • Like 2
oceanblue12

Not all men covet YOUNGER women....Sometimes, it is nice to have things in common with someone and simply enjoy their company as opposed to thinking you need a trophy....just my two cents

• Like 5
Not all men covet YOUNGER women....Sometimes, it is nice to have things in common with someone and simply enjoy their company as opposed to thinking you need a trophy....just my two cents
...and all younger women definitely do not covet older guys... a bit of delusion going on there I feel.
  • Like 2

True , l have zero interest in much younger women now. lt use to be all about those hot little bods but something switched off and now l couldn't care less, l'll take a nice bod of the woman around my range any day now and all the other good things that come with her.

• Like 2
loversquarrel
...and all younger women definitely do not covet older guys... a bit of delusion going on there I feel.

Maybe not all, but far more than the other way around.

In my opinion I find a woman in her 40's to be undesirable. The shallow part of me considers her appearance to be a shell of her former self while the other part of me can't help but think...Why is she available after all of these years?