Is the whole institution of marriage built on a shaky foundation?

• Author
Maybe the problem has something to do with your line of work, ie. coming into contact with lots of women - young, middle aged, old- due to work related responsibilities on a regular basis. Very distracting for you maybe? Could this be one of the primary reasons you think and obsesses about women, more than a normal man?

Well, this being 2019, women do tend to work, including in cushy offices such as mine. But I've never done anything with anyone from work. That is a recipe for disaster.

The Dude Abides
Why is it so hard for some to believe there are people out there who are capable of love and devotion to one another?

Just because you haven't been able to find it, doesn't mean no one else has.

Honestly, I've never seen a group of people try so hard to convince others that marriage is awful. If your marriage didn't work out, I'm sorry. I wish you had a better experience.

My views have been really affected by a health scare. I taken stock of my life. I can assure you that "oh my god! I didn't sleep around more!" isn't in my mind in any way, shape or form.

Agree with all of the above by pepperbird. I myself can't fathom how a person could commit adultery, could carry on with another person outside of marriage, could continue to lie, scheme, cheat and betray their spouse.

I understand things going badly and falling out of love, losing the desire to be marriage, being frustrated, angry and resentful; but for God's sake do it the 'right' way and get divorced first before running around.

As for me and Mrs. Dude Abides, I haven't had one moment of misgivings that I was 'tied down' and couldn't tap into any number of hot women I have encountered. I've said it here before and will say it again: one woman is enough, one woman deserves my full time commitment to her happiness, and that one woman is all I can handle.

• Like 1