Does it sound like my boyfriend is ghosting me?

Lexxi

• Author
Can you ask him to drive to you so that you don’t have to be kept hanging.

He already replied saying he would definitely like to see me. Thing is, during the weekdays, I head to his place because I drive the opposite way of traffic each way, when he would be stuck in traffic probably for a couple of hours each way. It’s the weekends when he drives to me.

Hi everyone, just thought instead of posting a new thread, I would just write a little update. And perhaps you can all knock me over the head with some words of wisdom. As I said before, he would sort of pull back, then come back around, rinse and repeat, which has given me an incredible amount of anxiety, yet I’ve developed this codependency and can’t seem to let go. So this is my fault for allowing this to happen.

I have told you from the start the way he was behaving is not 'normal' for a man in an relationship.

You were always his 'meh' girl. He enjoyed spending time with you but he was never going put the effort in long term, he knows you are not the one.

You have wasted a lot of time on this guy and continue to do so. Cut him off now and see how he reacts...I bet he hardly gives you a second thought, he likely be relieved you ended it.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 1

I agree with others who say he isn’t into you or not into having a serious relationship. He’s not excited about you. He’s passing time with you. Every day you waste with him could be a day you were out there for a man who would truly love you to find you.

Maybe that man will find someone else because you’re not there to be found since you’re hanging onto a lukewarm relationship.

At least stop initiating and don’t ask him to confirm. I would be so angry if my guy cancelled on me so many times , was so unreliable with plans, not answer texts about plans we made and leave me hanging... I dated a guy like that once for 2 months and after one too many rude behaviors I just stopped answering his texts and that was that.

Edited by BluEyeL
  • Like 1

Do you really think so little of yourself that you think this relationship is okay? Stop calling him, stop driving 50 miles to see him. Make him call YOU; make him drive to YOU. If he doesnt, then you have your answer.

Good relationships are no where this difficult. You are doing all the heavy lifting...for what? An unfulfilling relationship which is nothing more than just casual dating. You are holding your breath waiting for the other shoe to drop, for him to one day say that he's not interested any more. Why give him that power over you?

Go back and read the first part of this thread, nearly 6 months ago. Nothing has changed, you have the same issues, the very same. You are still contacting him, you are still texting him, you are still working on the days to meet up. You tell him if he wants to break up he should tell you, break up from what? When he has time for you, he has a nice little date and sex, then goes home, has his nice little life and his family and his work and his friends. TALK IS CHEAP. Actions are what count, and you are a peripheral date. After all this time, you arent a part of his life, you are there for when he has extra time. He hasnt shown you anything else for all this time, why should he?

Edited by Whodatdog
  • Like 3
bathtub-row
You have been so right from the get go, so many of you have been. I honestly wish I could answer that million dollar question... how long am I going to put up with it? I’ve developed that codependency and it’s certainly not healthy. I haven’t been like this in other relationships.

But yes, I appreciate you replying to my threads and telling me what’s right in front of me that I just can’t seem to see, or accept.

When he meets the girl of his dreams and drops you without a backwards glance, maybe then you’ll accept it.

• 1 month later...