Reading sign from girls.

How do I talk to her if I have a feeling she doesn't want to even though I have no proof.

OMG

You listen to what she said with the music dedication to you.. So now go ask her out to the movies you two hangout at the pub always. All this waving at each other come on now make your move change your current paradox. You can get up enough nerve to ask her out. Your a radio DJ you talk always on the radio. No different talking to her. She rubs your shoulders hint she likes you. All this waving and you don't take her up on it..

Now get enough courage and go ask her out... We here in this thread are with you on this.. You are not alone mate/friend... Good luck and report back... Oh yes make sure she's not seeing someone before you do anything. To find that out is easy just say your boy friend is really lucky to have you has his girl friend? If she said what boy friend? Then you can say your name to her (nick) part. Only do that if she doesn't have boy friend. Do you see now where i am going with this with you?

• Author

There's no point anymore.

I was walking into my room and my other neighbour (who's also female) yelled out hi. Then i heard the neighbour talk about me because I'm sure I heard my name and my crush's name being said. I didn't really hear what was said, except the neighbour saying this sentence clearly. "How can you fall in love with someone that's not your type".

Thanks for all your help by the way guys.

There's no point anymore.

I was walking into my room and my other neighbour (who's also female) yelled out hi. Then i heard the neighbour talk about me because I'm sure I heard my name and my crush's name being said. I didn't really hear what was said, except the neighbour saying this sentence clearly. "How can you fall in love with someone that's not your type".

Thanks for all your help by the way guys.

Are you kidding?

Consider this post a proverbial 2 x 4. Now pay attention while I whack you upside the head with it.

THIS GIRL LIKES YOU!!!!!!!!

She stopped waving & talking to you because you stopped responding. She thinks you have rejected her and she is mortified.

She was talking to your other dorm mate & that dorm mate confirmed that the girl likes you. You not being her type means that she's opening herself up to new people & new experiences in college. No high school kid has enough life experience to have a type.

You are right about one thing -- there is no point if you don't man up & make a move on this girl already. What does the poor thing have to do to get your attention, walk into your dorm naked?

I hope you are doing well academically because you have no clue about life. Uuuugggggghhhhhhhh

• Author
Are you kidding?

Consider this post a proverbial 2 x 4. Now pay attention while I whack you upside the head with it.

THIS GIRL LIKES YOU!!!!!!!!

She stopped waving & talking to you because you stopped responding. She thinks you have rejected her and she is mortified.

She was talking to your other dorm mate & that dorm mate confirmed that the girl likes you. You not being her type means that she's opening herself up to new people & new experiences in college. No high school kid has enough life experience to have a type.

You are right about one thing -- there is no point if you don't man up & make a move on this girl already. What does the poor thing have to do to get your attention, walk into your dorm naked?

I hope you are doing well academically because you have no clue about life. Uuuugggggghhhhhhhh

To add background info, my crush wasn't in the neighbour's room. Also, I heard my crush say she falls for big and lanky guys before this whole thing happened.

Also, what do you think GemmaUK?

Edited by HopelessNick

I agree with Donn.

Also, you can't know that she was listening when a dedicated song for her was played.

Seems like you just don't really want to speak to her or ask her out - if you wanted to enough you would do it.

The ball is in your court, either grab it now and play with it or don't.

• Like 1

What song did you dedicate and what was the message with the dedication?

Why did her friends gossip about you when they knew you were in the hallway and would hear them?

• Author
What song did you dedicate and what was the message with the dedication?

Why did her friends gossip about you when they knew you were in the hallway and would hear them?

1. I dedicated "In my Veins" by Andre Belle to her. I just said, "There's this girl I've become quite fond of. I won't mention her name, but she lives a couple of doors away from me. I have a feeling she knows I'm interested but I don't think she is. Who knows. Stranger things have happened. Anyway, to the girl that lives a couple of doors away from you, this one's for you hun.

2. I don't think they knew I would hear her.

• Author

Also, one thing I found out. The other night, when she was with a couple of my mates and her mates they were talking about the dorm. Apparently she said, "Nick's always in his room every time I come back from work to the dorm." What do you make of that?

Text her during the day thanking her for the song that she dedicated to you and ask her if she heard your dedication to her. If she says no, send her a link to the video with lyrics. If she says yes, she'll probably say that it was sweet/cute. If she says it was sweet/cute you have to talk to her during the day and ask her to do things with you. Don't ask her to hang out in her or your room. If you're too shy for that, throw a floor party like Donnivann suggested and invite her to the party.

• Like 1

Of course it's important that she notices when you are in your dorm room & even more important that she's talking to other people about you.

How many times do you have to be hit upside the head with the proverbial 2x4?

Your screen name is unfortunately so accurate. Take a real life action already!

• Author

I created a new dedication survey for my next radio show. I got one from her again, but it obviously wasn't her even though it said her name. The person dedicated the song "Right Thurr by Chingy to me. Reasoning - "For dedicating a song last week to a girl in his dorm lol". What do you think of that?

I created a new dedication survey for my next radio show. I got one from her again, but it obviously wasn't her even though it said her name. The person dedicated the song "Right Thurr by Chingy to me. Reasoning - "For dedicating a song last week to a girl in his dorm lol". What do you think of that?

Well, OP, it’s hard to say what’s going on. If the first dedication was from her friends as a joke…it could be that she never was interested in you, complained about you to her friends, and her friends made the dedication as a prank on her. If you haven’t spoken/texted her since the night she waved at you at the bar, I think that this is the most likely scenario. It explains why her friends made sure that you heard them gossiping about you when they knew you were in the hallway and it explains why she didn’t message you when she found out about your dedication to her.

That’s something I would expect 14 yr olds to do, not 22 yr olds. So, it could be that she’s just as shy as you are, told her friends that she has a crush on you and they encouraged her to make the first dedication. Then when you didn’t call or ask her out, her friends started to get fed up with you not taking any action and this whole thing became a joke to them. Now they’re going to influence her to forget about you because you refuse to ask her out. She'll eventually give up and stop waiting for you especially if her friends are making fun of you.

The only solution I can see is to talk to her or message her. That way you’ll get a sense if she wants to talk to you or if she’s just being polite. But since you won’t do that…just really think twice before you make any more song dedications because I’m worried that you’re becoming the joke of the dorm and everyone’s making fun of you behind your back.

• Like 1

This is dreadful stuff.

If you are interested in a girl you have to show interest, all this avoiding and ignoring and cryptic stuff via the radio is ridiculous.

I get the need to make sure she is interested in you first but she does sound interested to me.

Ask her out for a walk or a coffee or to something pretty innocuous during the day and gauge her interest first hand.

You live next door so surely you could just happen to be in the corridor when she gets back at night, happen to be just leaving your room when you hear her voice, happen to be anywhere you think she may be hanging out.

You live close by so ignoring her all night in the local pub is stupid too, perfect opportunity to have a quick chat if nothing else and build some rapport.

If this was a guy you wanted to be friends with, he would probably have given up on you as a dead loss and may even hate you by now, you are not exactly exuding friendliness here...

Radio's on Sunday

Don't play it.

It is not from her and I guess if you play it you will get a whole lot more requests from people out to make stupid "jokes" about you AND her.

Stop that joke in its tracks.

Don’t play the song or read the dedication over the radio.

This all needs to stop. It’s way out of hand. I recommend talking to her, just make small talk and you’ll be able to tell if she’s being polite or if she wants to keep the conversation going. I don’t understand why you won’t do that because you’ve spoken to her before. Just do it again.

If you really, really, really, really don’t want to talk to her, you can ask your friends to ask her how she feels about you. But be forewarned, that’s what 7th graders do, not grown men. Any attraction she has will decrease if you do that, but at this point, I think it’s worth it so that this whole thing can be finished and done with.

• Author

My friends which are kind of friends with her are starting to ask me things like "Did you see her out last night?" and "Have you spoken to her lately?" Stuff like that.

• Author

I'm thinking of getting my friend to tell her that I like her but don't think she's interested and pretend I had no idea he would tell her. Thoughts?