Getting Ready for Spring! 6-Week Weight Loss Challenge

fitnessfan365

I already did three workouts this week :

Mon - Heavy sled pushing 60 yards and 50 battle rope slams x 8 each (45 mins)

Tues -100 full push-up burpees (20 mins)

Wed - Hill runs/sprints on a massive 200 yard / 25% incline hill x 10 rounds (45 mins)

Today I plan on hitting the track. Want to get in some burpees, pull-ups, and bleacher runs. Will put in 45-60 mins w/minimal rest. Then on Sat, I'll get in one more workout. It took me a few years, but now I am finally at a fitness level where I can do HIT (high intensity training) 5-6x per week and maintain that training volume. Most things you'll read on high intensity training say to limit to 2-3x per week tops. However, you just need to build up your work capacity and mental toughness.

Edited by fitnessfan365
  • Like 2
I already did three workouts this week :

Mon - Heavy sled pushing 60 yards and 50 battle rope slams x 8 each (45 mins)

Tues -100 full push-up burpees (20 mins)

Wed - Hill runs/sprints on a massive 200 yard / 25% incline hill x 10 rounds (45 mins)

Today I plan on hitting the track. Want to get in some burpees, pull-ups, and bleacher runs. Will put in 45-60 mins w/minimal rest. Then on Sat, I'll get in one more workout. It took me a few years, but now I am finally at a fitness level where I can do HIT (high intensity training) 5-6x per week and maintain that training volume. Most things you'll read on high intensity training say to limit to 2-3x per week tops. However, you just need to build up your work capacity and mental toughness.

I did Pilates today and a little cardio.

Have a little break in my work responsibilities.

Going to fit my lifting in right now.

This is why for me, personally, I don't go to a gym.

I work out much more regularly because it's right in the next room.

• Like 1
fitnessfan365

As promised, did 45 minutes of full body strength and conditioning after I trained my two clients. One benefit to training people outdoors, is you can get workouts in between clients.

- Full push-up burpees

- Dead hang pull-ups

- Walking lunges

- Bleacher runs

- Bear crawls

Kept all rest periods to 30-60 seconds the entire time. BRUTAL but rewarding,

• Like 1

Did:

3 sets hammer curls, 30 reps per arm total

3 sets, 15 reps of semi forward inclined "pulls" no idea the name. does shoulders and upper back in continuous motion

3 sets dumbbell bench press

3 sets reverse, dip type pushup to work triceps.

Forearms look like Popeye since i was a kid. No working them out.

Several core strength sets on the mat, some basic yoga asanas.

• Like 2

Stepped on scale and I lost one pound!!!!

Official weight: 126

Today, I'm going to paint the downstairs so no gym. But I will do some cardio and stretching.

• Like 2
I haven't done much exercise but I learned that a good shopping trip can rack up about 3000 steps!

I'm wondering if it's OK with the OP if we can also make this a getting healthy for Spring but use an overall health and well-being approach?

I've noticed since I'm starting to put on my bathing suit more and now am really watching what I'm eating, food journaling...OMG...food journaling; I'm starting to become a little too focused on my physical appearance and when that happens I being to get depressed. It's a weird cycle. I'll start looking better but start feeling worse. I don't want to get so obsessed with my face and body that I forget to live a full and healthy life. If I'm going to get into bikini babe shape I need to stay grounded.

OP can we also write down healthy things we do for our spirit like meditation and listening to spiritual speakers, spending quality time with our family and things along those lines?

• Like 3
fitnessfan365

Well the reason why you food journal initially is to memorize the nutritional info of the foods you consume. The calorie and macro-nutrient info should be burned into your brain after a month or so. After that, you don't even have to stress or overly focus on it anymore.

You just do your food prep, measure your portions, etc.. Then you allow yourself 1-2 cheat meals a week in moderation to live life and have fun. You don't have to keep food journaling endlessly.

• Like 3
Well the reason why you food journal initially is to memorize the nutritional info of the foods you consume. The calorie and macro-nutrient info should be burned into your brain after a month or so. After that, you don't even have to stress or overly focus on it anymore.

You just do your food prep, measure your portions, etc.. Then you allow yourself 1-2 cheat meals a week in moderation to live life and have fun. You don't have to keep food journaling endlessly.

I never measured portions either. This is the first time in my life that I'm taking an interest in food. In my 20's, 30's and early 40's I ate, drank and did whatever I felt like. The past couple of years my metabolism must of slowed and now I'm learning stuff I've never bothered with before. It feels like school.

• Like 2
I never measured portions either. This is the first time in my life that I'm taking an interest in food. In my 20's, 30's and early 40's I ate, drank and did whatever I felt like. The past couple of years my metabolism must of slowed and now I'm learning stuff I've never bothered with before. It feels like school.

You know, you're right where I was seven years ago, if I've got your age right.

How about all those infomercials about 'belly fat', LOL!

I'm sitting at about 123, down from 139 three years ago. We'll talk sometime.

• Like 2
You know, you're right where I was seven years ago, if I've got your age right.

How about all those infomercials about 'belly fat', LOL!

I'm sitting at about 123, down from 139 three years ago. We'll talk sometime.

I'm 47. I think it was about two years ago that I realized I wasn't 20 anymore. LOL.

123 pounds is nice! What are your fitness goals?

When I get PM privileges we definitively can chat.

• Like 1
so obsessed with my face

My weak link.

Wish there was some way to make my face better by working out and eating right.

Got the body down. The mug definitely is where I lose points. :o

fitnessfan365

Put on my 40lb weight vest and hit the hiking trails today. Since it just rained the other day, the trails were muddy as hell. This of course added even more weight to my feet and increased difficulty because of how uneven the trails were.

Was pleasantly surprised at how well I was able to handle various runs on the steeper hills w/the vest on. Also maintained over a 4mph pace when I walked as well so was flying. Without the vest I am 220lbs body weight, so very happy at how well I moved carrying 260lbs on muddy uneven terrain and hills.

• Like 1
  • Author
I'm wondering if it's OK with the OP if we can also make this a getting healthy for Spring but use an overall health and well-being approach?

I've noticed since I'm starting to put on my bathing suit more and now am really watching what I'm eating, food journaling...OMG...food journaling; I'm starting to become a little too focused on my physical appearance and when that happens I being to get depressed. It's a weird cycle. I'll start looking better but start feeling worse. I don't want to get so obsessed with my face and body that I forget to live a full and healthy life. If I'm going to get into bikini babe shape I need to stay grounded.

OP can we also write down healthy things we do for our spirit like meditation and listening to spiritual speakers, spending quality time with our family and things along those lines?

Summer, I think we would all welcome lots of activity, motivational posts, etc., in the thread, especially as these types of threads have been known to die out for lack of involvement. I guess I have two requests:

1) For it to stay on topic, I would strongly prefer posters to have actually have posted quantifiable goals. They could be anything the poster wants to accomplish, but since this is a challenge with a start date and an end date, I'd prefer the goals be measurable. For example, I'd prefer people not just say, "I want to lead a healthier lifestyle!" or "I want to take more bike rides!" I'd ask they include some measurable goal like, "I'd like to take 15 bike rides by March 31st" or something like that.

2) I'd prefer to stay away from religious quotes, discussions, etc. That's just my preference - I think too much talk of spiritual/religious stuff will detract from the objective measurements of progress.

• Like 1

1) For it to stay on topic, I would strongly prefer posters to have actually have posted quantifiable goals. They could be anything the poster wants to accomplish, but since this is a challenge with a start date and an end date, I'd prefer the goals be measurable. For example, I'd prefer people not just say, "I want to lead a healthier lifestyle!" or "I want to take more bike rides!" I'd ask they include some measurable goal like, "I'd like to take 15 bike rides by March 31st" or something like that.

2) I'd prefer to stay away from religious quotes, discussions, etc. That's just my preference - I think too much talk of spiritual/religious stuff will detract from the objective measurements of progress.

Measurable Goals are Perfect. I'm not religious so I was speaking more in terms of staying grounded and realizing health isn't just a fit body. But this is your thread and if you prefer keeping it to physical goals then that's fine.

My stats:

5'1 and 126 pounds

Goal: Lose two pounds of fat but gain two pounds muscle. Scale should stay the same but I will know the difference.

Goal: Eat clean daily with few cheat days.

Goal: Go to gym at least twice a week and do cardio at home two days a week.

My weak link.

Wish there was some way to make my face better by working out and eating right.

Got the body down. The mug definitely is where I lose points. :o

I have a weird obsession with my skin. I eat beauty food everyday and take all kinds of vitamin supplements to stop the aging process. There is always something you can do to improve your looks. Here is a quick beginner rundown:

1. Don't drink alcohol

2. Wear Sunscreen all year round.

3. Make sure you eat vegetables everyday and different ones.

4. Take Vitamin E & C supplements in addition to a multi.

5. Use coconut oil, grapeseed oil, avocado oil, olive oil on skin with a small amount of glycerine.

6. Drink water.

7. Keep stress level low and include meditation in your daily life.

(That is just the start...LOL.)

• Like 1
I have a weird obsession with my skin. I eat beauty food everyday and take all kinds of vitamin supplements to stop the aging process. There is always something you can do to improve your looks. Here is a quick beginner rundown:

1. Don't drink alcohol

2. Wear Sunscreen all year round.

3. Make sure you eat vegetables everyday and different ones.

4. Take Vitamin E & C supplements in addition to a multi.

5. Use coconut oil, grapeseed oil, avocado oil, olive oil on skin with a small amount of glycerine.

6. Drink water.

7. Keep stress level low and include meditation in your daily life.

(That is just the start...LOL.)

Lol.... no no.... Skin looks good.

Entire mug needs a total teardown. :lmao:

Structural issues.. ha ha Unfortunately, not repairable without cosmetic surgery. Not willing to get any.

Just did the same workout as I posted earlier.

Lol.... no no.... Skin looks good.

Entire mug needs a total teardown. :lmao:

Structural issues.. ha ha Unfortunately, not repairable without cosmetic surgery. Not willing to get any.

Just did the same workout as I posted earlier.

I doubt that your face is bad looking since you seem to have a nice stream of amazing looking women to choose from.

Good job on the workout.

I did some cardio today and stretched. Diet is coming along but I did have two cookies...whatever. I ate them. It's done.

• Like 2
I doubt that your face is bad looking since you seem to have a nice stream of amazing looking women to choose from.

Good job on the workout.

I did some cardio today and stretched. Diet is coming along but I did have two cookies...whatever. I ate them. It's done.

2 cookies shows great restraint and self discipline. Very few calories. I wouldn't think about them for a second. :)

It's my weak spot though. Body is what gets me the girls. Face is getting older, looking "weasely" to quote an ex girlfriend, big nose, no hair, imperfect teeth. I see all the pretty boys walking around and wish I could complete in the face department. Oh well....

I'm 47. I think it was about two years ago that I realized I wasn't 20 anymore. LOL.

123 pounds is nice! What are your fitness goals?

When I get PM privileges we definitively can chat.

I didn't lose weight because I was trying. I have a chronic pain condition, and was barely eating due to it. My exercise options are limited, but I set the treadmill up at this the start of the year. Hey, it's something!

I need a knee replacement, so lifting, and anything high impact, is out of the question. Biking and swimming (which I hate with a passion) were recommended by my orthopod. I have a spinning bike, and don't even use it!

Yea, at your age, I found the pounds came on more easily and were harder to lose. I assume it's a metabolism slow down. My goal is to make sure the calories I take in are healthy ones, but I'm not denying myself that occasional grilled cheese!

So, at 5'4", and 125ish (it varies), I'm simply aiming to get in cardiovascular shape. The toning can come later; I've actually retained a lot of tone from my body building days.

So, for now, I have to get faithful with the inversion table, and get on that treadmill. Any suggestions from peeps with serious back troubles are welcome.

I'm 54, btw.

• Like 3