Feminism in dating (Updated)

thefooloftheyear
Which women?

I think I admire edgygirl more than the rest of the posters...At least she is standing her ground...I see sometimes on a site like this where maybe a short guy complains, women immediately tell him that women love short guys....but none would ever do it...Just seems like a lot of smoke blowing ...Just sayin.....

Anyway...

A friend of mine has done some OLD...Decent looking middle aged guy...Blue collar, owns his own home (paid for) and has a 6 figure retirement acct...He only makes about 60-70KK, but lives rather comfortably because he really has very little life expenses...He has one kid, a son that's 17...

He showed me photos of some of women that he made contact with...Frumpy, overweight, unattractive(in my eyes) and had lesser paying jobs then he did and more baggage than the terminal at JFK ...

Almost all of them required that the guy make 100-150K minimum...So he never bothered taking it further...A few that he tried kinda belittled him for his career...despite the fact that he is always in demand and makes enough to support his lifestyle...

Why do you think this is??

TFY

• Like 2

He showed me photos of some of women that he made contact with...Frumpy, overweight, unattractive(in my eyes) and had lesser paying jobs then he did and more baggage than the terminal at JFK ...

Almost all of them required that the guy make 100-150K minimum..

TFY

Are you kidding?

I think I admire edgygirl more than the rest of the posters...At least she is standing her ground...I see sometimes on a site like this where maybe a short guy complains, women immediately tell him that women love short guys....but none would ever do it...Just seems like a lot of smoke blowing ...Just sayin.....

Anyway...

A friend of mine has done some OLD...Decent looking middle aged guy...Blue collar, owns his own home (paid for) and has a 6 figure retirement acct...He only makes about 60-70KK, but lives rather comfortably because he really has very little life expenses...He has one kid, a son that's 17...

Almost all of them required that the guy make 100-150K minimum...So he never bothered taking it further...A few that he tried kinda belittled him for his career...despite the fact that he is always in demand and makes enough to support his lifestyle...

TFY

Because some people are miserable and don't know how to be happy?

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear
Are you kidding?

Dead serious..

Now understand...Around here 100-150k isn't the same as 100-150K in East Bumblefck...but its still a nice paycheck...

TFY

thefooloftheyear
Because some people are miserable and don't know how to be happy?

Perhaps....

But not all of them are miserable, right? I mean, some must truly believe that they should have and are deserving of that type of man, no?

TFY

• Like 1
Perhaps....

But not all of them are miserable, right? I mean, some must truly believe that they should have and are deserving of that type of man, no?

TFY

I think they're pretty miserable if they believe that they "deserve" 150k a year and they currently earn far less than 60k, yes :laugh:

I think they're pretty miserable if they believe that they "deserve" 150k a year and they currently earn far less than 60k, yes :laugh:

They can't be possibly collectively delusional, right? so I doubt the accuracy of the story.

• Like 1
They can't be possibly collectively delusional, right? so I doubt the accuracy of the story.

It is accurate. My first wife who couldn't hold down a job because she couldn't come to work sober used to call me a loser because I didn't make as much as some of her friend's husbands which is ironic since my income skyrocketed after we divorced.

• Like 2
You act as if it just "happened" that way. You're conveniently ignoring that men are under significant social pressures to be the provider. This thread alone confirms that.

Oh, cut it out.

Of course, the relationships that started that way happened naturally. If it didn't, they would be broken up, or in the case of marriage, either separated or divorced by now. No matter how it started, if one or both partners is not happy, it is not going to stand that way for much longer.

You can thank feminism for that because we, as a human species, no longer need to stay in unhappy relationships only because woman can't provide for themselves otherwise. That is something I appreciate greatly.

Secondly, you are a fool if you let society have any control over your relationship and dating choices. There is a lot of things that the opinion of society can have an legitimate opinion on but dating is not one of them.

Society doesn't care if you find a partner or not. It doesn't care if you are a forever-alone virgin or overly sexual player. Regardless of your choices, you will be mocked anyway by society for their own amusement. That is what society do.

Society told me that I have no business looking for foreign woman. Society is trying to tell me that I, as a 29-year old virgin, is a failure in life. Society is telling me that foreign woman only wants me because I am an American with money (which is as far away from the truth but they don't care).

I heard the majority of this nonsense......and yet I continue to ignore it.

Any man (or woman) with even an ounce of self-respect needs to do the same. Tell society to shove it right back up their......well, you get the idea.....and just focus on finding the best partner for you.

thefooloftheyear

In that case, lets just discount anything anyone posts, right?:rolleyes:

Women expect men to make more than they do? Like this is some newfangled concept?

And you are calling BS?:laugh:

TFY

• Like 1

Women expect men to make more than they do? Like this is some newfangled concept?

TFY

Well, if a woman things that her partner making more money than her will lead to a happy relationship, I would indeed call her delusional because I would say that the handling of said money is more important than how much money is truly available.

However, women should have the right to find partners that make more money than her.....just as I have the right to look for women that is capable of keeping jobs or wants to build a career. There's nothing wrong with that. At the end of the day, we are simply not compatible.

You act as if it just "happened" that way. You're conveniently ignoring that men are under significant social pressures to be the provider. This thread alone confirms that.

I do not see how feminists (who largely want men to provide for them, if this thread is any indication) are doing anything to get rid of the paradigm. In fact, they seem to be actively continuing it.

Good thing that has changed and is changing.

In 1990, 25% of wives made more money than their husbands.

In 2013, 38% of wives made more money than their husbands.

Yay! :)

Wives who earn more than their husbands

I don't know. Maybe those women aren't feminists. Maybe the feminists are the low earners.

• Like 1

TFY

a bit more is normal, but not by that much!

damn, looks like I really need to move to the usa, instead of staying this cold north ****hole.

here, my childless pretty white lady friend who works for the gov. found herself a so so looking(in my opinion) divorced Indian man with a child and she still pays for herself even after more than a year of sleeping together.

TFY

There's what people on OLD want, and then there's reality.

In other words, there's a reason many people are single. If they remain single, are they worth considering in a discussion of relationship dynamics? Basically, they've disqualified themselves from the discussion.

When we look at real couples, the reality is not unattractive women with low income and big debt matching up with financially, fit, attractive men.

• Like 1

That happens way too much on here. Too many people try to appease an OP rather than being straight up and honest. I'm sure some genders dont like admitting fault on their side as well.

TFY

I often pondered this situation as well. A guy makes enough to support his lifestyle, but many women insist dating only guys that strive to climb the ladder at his job or career. Why? Why cant a guy just be content with what he's doing and where he's at? There are many many women that look down on any guy that doesnt strive to better himself career wise. I just dont understand it.

Edited by SerenityNoww
This is pretty much it. I have seen this so much in dating that it isn't even funny anymore. I was lucky to find the girl I did.

I have seen enough feminist gatherings to know this is not true.

I don't know about you, but I see stuff every day that leads me to believe it is collective delusion. Some average looking or even ugly girl posts some new touched up, filtered pics on Facebook and 104847 people come out of the woodwork to tell her how gorgeous she is, how she deserves the best guy ever, and other related nonsense. Even her friends know they are lying to her, but most of the ones who would like to tell the truth, don't because their friend would just get angry. Men, we are much more honest with one another. If me or one of my friends starts to gain weight, we will body shame the crap out of that guy and laugh about it, including the fat guy. Usually, that friend then hits the gym, because he knows that women don't like "curvy" men, even though we are supposed to love those so called "curvy" women.

Can I LIKE this 100X over??

• Like 1
Rejected Rosebud
Perhaps....

TFY

Whatever, if they don't have that type of man then they're either going to have to look at things a little differently, or stay alone.

I wonder what the income of those women was though? Maybe they want a partner who has the same earning capability as they do?? I know that's important to some people. Even if they're overweight and frumpy people.

What does this have to do with feminism.

Real women are not built like a man though

That's what tools are for ;)

Don't get me wrong though, I love me a good man. I want and need a man in my life for lots of things... just not $$.

Real women are not built like a man though
You should read about this. No one, man or woman, is lifting a car with brute strength to change the oil or tires.
That's what tools are for ;)

Don't get me wrong though, I love me a good man. I want and need a man in my life for lots of things... just not $$.

I don't know. ..personally i have depent on myself all my life. Just the other day i dissamble d my laptop and fixed it.

Not that i can not if i want to. I just can't see myself with anyone for anything/ utilitarian reasons other than love. So i don't know if money is relevant.

• Like 1
um, because those guys paid for their dates before they were married? lol. And the guy thinks he's done his job because the bills get paid? I mean, careful what you wish for ladies...

It's funny... I have never, ever had a problem finding a man who pulls his weight domestically. Sure, my now ex-H didn't want to be a SAHM. As it turns out, neither of us had kids. Neither one of us wanted them all that badly, apparently.

... but he and I did all of the cooking, cleaning, and shopping together.... That's how it is has been with every man I've been with. And that's great, because I pull my weight financially too. It's very nice. I wouldn't stay with a guy who expected me to do all the housework.

RedRobin, have you found though that it takes longer to find the type of men that you date? I date women like you, and it seems to take me a long time to find them. I tend to go years between relationships, but I find waiting for quality is so much better than quantity.

You should read about this. No one, man or woman, is lifting a car with brute strength to change the oil or tires.

Right. ..how or what tools i can use to move my winter/summer tires on rims to or from basement to my car?

CrystalCastles

TFY

Idk. I don't do OLD. OLD just sounds like a mess from what I've read on here.

I personally don't need a guy's money. I have my own money. I've never met anyone IRL who needed a guy's money either. All my female friends have their own money and they don't date men to get something out of them.

I can appreciate a guy being generous on a date with his money. Why would I not appreciate generosity? I however repay that by getting the next date, or splitting if I have no intention of seeing him again (although I've covered first dates entirely too). Being a gold digger is not a "feminist" problem or a "woman" problem. Its a selfish people problem. Selfishness isn't exclusive to one gender.

Plus, the way I see it, its thanks to feminism that I am not stuck being a housewife like my mom, and that I can pursue a career in STEM and make good money and not be some guy's dependant.

• Like 2
thefooloftheyear
Idk. I don't do OLD. OLD just sounds like a mess from what I've read on here.

I personally don't need a guy's money. I have my own money. I've never met anyone IRL who needed a guy's money either. All my female friends have their own money and they don't date men to get something out of them.

I can appreciate a guy being generous on a date with his money. Why would I not appreciate generosity? I however repay that by getting the next date, or splitting if I have no intention of seeing him again (although I've covered first dates entirely too). Being a gold digger is not a "feminist" problem or a "woman" problem. Its a selfish people problem. Selfishness isn't exclusive to one gender.

Plus, the way I see it, its thanks to feminism that I am not stuck being a housewife like my mom, and that I can pursue a career in STEM and make good money and not be some guy's dependant.

Ok fair enough....but please try to answer this question honestly...

Lets say you make 100+K and have a good job...But its a salaried position and some weeks you will be putting in 60 Hrs...

You meet a guy and he's everything you can want in a man...He runs the street sweeper machine for the local town...Makes 45K and gets home by 4PM..

Does that work for you?

TFY

Ok fair enough....but please try to answer this question honestly...

Lets say you make 100+K and have a good job...But its a salaried position and some weeks you will be putting in 60 Hrs...

You meet a guy and he's everything you can want in a man...He runs the street sweeper machine for the local town...Makes 45K and gets home by 4PM..

Does that work for you?

TFY

That would totally work for me if he had other passions in life - which he would if he was "everything I can want in a man." Say, he loved playing music or doing animal rescue or had some other thing he felt was a passion or mission, and his job was just a job to help him survive. I can respect that. I appreciate someone who has meaning in their life. Money is just a tool to me, it doesn't have meaning in itself. I've sure been with guys who made less than 45k.

• Like 3