Just found out he deceived me for 2 years

So are you suggesting i do nothing and let hom carry on?

But who made you his Judge, Jury, and Executioner?

Why are YOU the one that has to "teach him a lesson" when he may not have done anything wrong?

He was "separated." We get that. It means that he was still married and you were shacking up with a married man.

Own up to it. Learn the lesson. And MOVE ON.

• Like 7

Was this even an affair? I don't think that has even been established. I mean it doesn't seem like it was an emotional one as there were no discussions or feelings. Was it sexual? Or are you misconstruing a friendship that meant more to you than it did to him?

Again one little video that really isn't a whole lot of smoking gun is the whole impetus for a whole revenge fantasy and wild dreams of a crazy BS all for what . . . ???

If you two weren't exclusive, which you weren't as you, at least, were dating others, how is it that serious?

• Like 1
  • Author
Well your post says 2 years but you've just said you were 'friends for 1 year'.. His personal life has nothing to do with you as a friend, nevermind what he's told you.

Doesn't sound to me like you had a relationship at all. And if you were seeing other people I'm not sure why you're acting all woman scorned now because you clearly weren't emotionally invested in it.

I think this is one of those situations where 'there are two sides to every story' comes into play because I can bet his version of events would be extremely different to yours.

We were friends for 1 year. He then took things further on feb 14th. This is why im hurt. We could have stayed friends. Why wait so long to make a move. He was seeing me every week in the friendship stage for 5/6 hours.

After things moved on, i asked for clarity about his seperation. He said he was still seperated. How am

I in the wrong if he lied?

Is the wife innocent?

eye of the storm
Is the wife innocent?

This question alone should tell you that you have slipped off the sanity train.

Hanging on to this, and that includes all these revenge fantasies, is damaging you. Not him, YOU.

Let go, walk away, move on. Heal

• Like 11
  • Author
Was this even an affair? I don't think that has even been established. I mean it doesn't seem like it was an emotional one as there were no discussions or feelings. Was it sexual? Or are you misconstruing a friendship that meant more to you than it did to him?

Again one little video that really isn't a whole lot of smoking gun is the whole impetus for a whole revenge fantasy and wild dreams of a crazy BS all for what . . . ???

If you two weren't exclusive, which you weren't as you, at least, were dating others, how is it that serious?

We discussed feelings a lot. He took advantage of a vunerability (my age/kids) and thats wrong.

eye of the storm

I have not said you were in the wrong. You assumed he was fair game. You were lied to.

But instead of dusting yourself off and learning to listen to the giant waving red flags in the future, you have thrown yourself into this giant sucking hole of "I'm not leaving until I have destroyed everything he holds dear!!" mindset.

He is never going to suffer like you are. And you will destroy yourself seeking his destruction.

This is just like the divorcing wife who spends 40K to screw her H out of a 5K dining room set. It is silly, and sad.

• Like 2

Can't you still not understand in this age, men always want to have ##$% with women - if they get opportunity, and that CERTAINLY does not mean they have feeling for you at all.

Maybe from his eye you are only Friend with benefit, but from your eyes somehow in strange reason you think he should be commited to you.

YOu need to learn relationship 101 from very beginning. Do you ever have long term relathionship before?

We were friends for 1 year. He then took things further on feb 14th. This is why im hurt. We could have stayed friends. Why wait so long to make a move. He was seeing me every week in the friendship stage for 5/6 hours.

After things moved on, i asked for clarity about his seperation. He said he was still seperated. How am

Is the wife innocent?

• Like 1
We discussed feelings a lot. He took advantage of a vunerability (my age/kids) and thats wrong.

Okay but you were dating other people!?! How much feelings were involved? You weren't seeing him exclusively so really how did he lead you on?

• Like 4

Interesting you never look into yourself to see what got you here, you cannot always make up excuse, your age is normal, your vulnerability only means you do not think intelligently well and offer yourself to him WITH FANTASY in your mind. You are not victim from him, you are the victim of yourself.

He might not be doing perfectly, but you are certainly doing wrong as well, and that is main reason cause you where you are.

• Like 2

From how I read this, the MM didn't know the OP was dating other guys. Because he was never getting divorced, the OP was on the lookout - nothing wrong with that to me.

If the alleged seperation was mutually agreed and they're on friendly terms, it could well appear like they are together. Some people behave a certain way in public, to make everyone think all is well.

Like I suggested, send her a message in the hopes it doesn't get intercepted. The best way might be to find her address and do it by certified mail, that ONLY she can sign for. Just in case he checks her FB inbox.

• Author
From how I read this, the MM didn't know the OP was dating other guys. Because he was never getting divorced, the OP was on the lookout - nothing wrong with that to me.

If the alleged seperation was mutually agreed and they're on friendly terms, it could well appear like they are together. Some people behave a certain way in public, to make everyone think all is well.

Like I suggested, send her a message in the hopes it doesn't get intercepted. The best way might be to find her address and do it by certified mail, that ONLY she can sign for. Just in case he checks her FB inbox.

Thanks / should i create a false fb account for this purpose? I can tell her i created it to speak to heras i dont want her contacting my friends etc.

• Author
Interesting you never look into yourself to see what got you here, you cannot always make up excuse, your age is normal, your vulnerability only means you do not think intelligently well and offer yourself to him WITH FANTASY in your mind. You are not victim from him, you are the victim of yourself.

He might not be doing perfectly, but you are certainly doing wrong as well, and that is main reason cause you where you are.

I am looking ar myself. If i didnt care i would just post to his wife, other family members (all on fb).

I am

Considering my hurtful actions.

• Author
I have not said you were in the wrong. You assumed he was fair game. You were lied to.

But instead of dusting yourself off and learning to listen to the giant waving red flags in the future, you have thrown yourself into this giant sucking hole of "I'm not leaving until I have destroyed everything he holds dear!!" mindset.

He is never going to suffer like you are. And you will destroy yourself seeking his destruction.

This is just like the divorcing wife who spends 40K to screw her H out of a 5K dining room set. It is silly, and sad.

I agree with you totally.

Hence i am sending one detailed email, she checks her fb as she posts her life there (minus him). I will then close that account and block all contact.

So Gutted, your last 2 threads also appear to have been about this guy. In both of those threads posters were telling you there were red flags and that you should talk to the guy about your concerns. Most notably in the first thread last summer you said he was separated for 3yrs and then later in the same thread you said his youngest child was 2yrs old. A poster rightfully asked how it is that he was separated for 3yrs but had a 2yr old. You never came answered that question and never posted on that thread again.

Basically it seems that you have suspected all along that this guy was actively married but you steadfastly refused to look any deeper or ask him any questions. Even now you are refusing to have a conversation with the guy. In other words you were/are choosing to stick your head in the sand. Seems like maybe you should chalk this up to your own bad choices and move on.

• Like 4
Thanks / should i create a false fb account for this purpose? I can tell her i created it to speak to heras i dont want her contacting my friends etc.

What are you? 14 years old?

Cause it's more their style to create a false FB account to send messages to people they don't know. It's NOT what a grown-a$$ woman does.

Besides, you have been proclaiming your 'innocence' from the start of your post so what have you got to hide if indeed you were the wronged party here.

But let's face it, you have not really behaved or acted like the mature person you claim to be, e.g. you have not actually had the balls to ask the guy himself what the deal is.

Instead you've drawn some conclusions, multiplied them with a whole load of assumptions and got mad.

And now you're out for revenge, plain and simple.

Because he killed your happily-ever-after, marriage & kids fantasy. Because his wife has the audacity to look a certain way in a picture or posts certain things on her FB account.

It sounds to me that you have a helluva lot of mental growing up to do before you can handle a healthy, mature and lasting relationship.

50+ threads here on LS can testify to that.

Edited by SoulCat
  • Like 3
eye of the storm

False facebook accounts, sending an email then deactivating the account...

I get that you want to drop the bomb and then stroll away with no blowback. It is not going to happen. The second she gets this she is going to go full detective mode. And you are going to be one of the prime target. And the MM is going to throw you under the bus. He will go out of his way to make you look deranged. This is only going to hurt you.

Walk away.

• Like 5

Holy hell! I read this entire thread and I'm confused. If you were dating other people, how can you be upset? Obviously he didn't know you were seeing other people, right? You only kept him around until you found someone else better? That's a pretty messed up thing to do! If there are feelings involved and you two were friends for a year before it got physical, why can't you confront him? In any type of relationship, communication is important. If you can't even confront him about a stupid facebook video then I would hardly call what you had with him a relationship. If you want to tell his wife, do it, but don't be surprised when all of this comes back to bite you in the butt. I'm sorry, but IMHO you have no right to be upset and you are not innocent. It's not okay to sleep with someone and date them if you are really trying to find someone else better. Did you tell the MM that you were seeing others because you wanted to find someone else better? If not, you ought to tell him right after you his wife. If you want to play the honesty card then play it!

• Like 6
False facebook accounts, sending an email then deactivating the account...

I get that you want to drop the bomb and then stroll away with no blowback. It is not going to happen. The second she gets this she is going to go full detective mode. And you are going to be one of the prime target. And the MM is going to throw you under the bus. He will go out of his way to make you look deranged. This is only going to hurt you.

Walk away.

He'll only have to point his wife to this thread for that to become apparent.

You are mad, you feel used, you want revenge. We got it. Now take a deep breath. You don't care that the BW knows what her hubby was up to, you just want to express your hurt. I think you will hurt no one but yourself. You sound truly upset and are wading into "bunny boiler" waters. Do you really want to be known as that crazy OM?

I think you cut your emotional losses, and let your MM, and his marriage go. Preserve your dignity, let it go. Find something to channel this hurt and other emotion into; something rigorous and physical like a new sport, or helping people who are truly downtrodden and in need. Date men who are totally available. As time passes, you will be surprised to realize you hardly give him another thought.

• Like 1
I was seeing others for tea/dinner etc in the hope of finding someone better then him. Something was t right. I was not unfaithful, i was not married.

Im not obsessed with him and i do not want to break up the family but i do feel horribly tortured by a video of him as a proud husband, while he was seeing me. I think that deception should not be passed by.

Why should HE get off scott free?

thank you for the PARTIAL clarification. now the bold above only further serves to banish me to confusion land.

you want him but date others hoping to find something better, you want to tell but not break up the family. you watch a video and determine: smugness (her), no wait they are in love (him/them) or...

PLEASE answer this simple question: why will you not ask him about the video?

until you get his response (of course he may lie, but how he reacts physically is what i would be looking at) i have nothing further to offer.

• Like 2

Is the wife innocent?

So. what do you actually mean by 'took things further' on Feb 14th?

In your last thread about him you had been seeing him for 11 months.

In this thread we have a confusion over 24 months or 18 months.

Now, going by your post it began in Feb which is 7 months.

What did he do by 'taking things further'?

Did he kiss you?

Did he have sex with you?

How has your communication been in the last (now more than) two weeks sine you saw him?

• Author
thank you for the PARTIAL clarification. now the bold above only further serves to banish me to confusion land.

you want him but date others hoping to find something better, you want to tell but not break up the family. you watch a video and determine: smugness (her), no wait they are in love (him/them) or...

PLEASE answer this simple question: why will you not ask him about the video?

until you get his response (of course he may lie, but how he reacts physically is what i would be looking at) i have nothing further to offer.

Because:

1) he is untrustworthy

2) he sees prostitutes

3) he cheats on his wife

4) i was dating others so indirectly i knew it would not work

5) pride

6) fear of his indifference

7) the video said it all. Her proudness when she called him her husband.

• Author
So. what do you actually mean by 'took things further' on Feb 14th?

In your last thread about him you had been seeing him for 11 months.

In this thread we have a confusion over 24 months or 18 months.

Now, going by your post it began in Feb which is 7 months.

What did he do by 'taking things further'?

Did he kiss you?

Did he have sex with you?

How has your communication been in the last (now more than) two weeks sine you saw him?

We went from friends to well lovers. Not sex. Communication has been a few calls that i have not returned before and after finding out.

Because:

1) he is untrustworthy

2) he sees prostitutes

3) he cheats on his wife

4) i was dating others so indirectly i knew it would not work

5) pride

6) fear of his indifference

7) the video said it all. Her proudness when she called him her husband.

I missed the part where he sees prostitutes. When did you know this and why would you date a guy who saw prostitutes? It is hard to tell if you wanted this relationship to go farther. From how hurt you are, it does seem like you expected it to go farther, but you say you dated others because you knew he wasn't the one. If he wasn't the one and he saw prostitutes, why are you so hurt? When did you find out he is seeing prostitutes?

Also, you said you went from friends to lovers but have not had sex? Do you just have really hot make-out sessions, but no intercourse? Did you not have intercourse because you didn't want to or because you knew he was seeing prostitutes?

• Like 1