Ladies, this is how you write a bad dating profile.

Thats just not an attractive profile. If a man's profile was written like that, hed NEVER get responses. Women would rightly see him as a bitter jackass with all the things written in it.

So are you providing this editing service to jackass men too, or is it just to an unhot woman with a kid, you feel obliged to contact, condescend to, and reprimand?

• Like 1
Obviously she accepted his advice so what is the problem?

Gotta agree with ya this time smackie. Given how the men on this thread reacted to it, my guess is she was receiving many responses similar to kaylan's...maybe not as thoughtful though.

So she realized her profile was being misinterpreted..... and chose to tone it down.... which was smart also.

Texts, emails, profiles, etc can be so ambiguous sometimes, open for misinterpretion....

• Like 1

Wow kaylan, nice job on getting her to change her profile.

Yeah, sarcasm often does not come across well on a profile.... profiles need to be carefully crafted to get the best response rate.

However, if they are a beautiful woman, they can say just about anything and still get attention.... beautiful women get away with murder :bunny:

• Like 1
So are you providing this editing service to jackass men too, or is it just to an unhot woman with a kid, you feel obliged to contact, condescend to, and reprimand?

Not disagreeing with you (per se)....except to say I am fairly certain she is at least relatively hot.....given how many men messaged her with "you're so hot!"

Just saying.....this has nothing to do with how hot she is....or isn't.

kaylan and other men found her profile rude regardless of how hot she is or isn't....so beauty should not even be part of the equation.

Wow kaylan, nice job on getting her to change her profile.

Yeah, sarcasm often does not come across well on a profile.... profiles need to be carefully crafted to get the best response rate.

However, if they are a beautiful woman, they can say just about anything and still get attention.... beautiful women get away with murder :bunny:

So do attractive men!

• Like 1
So do attractive men!

- yeah, but not as much as women get away with it.

- yeah, but not as much as women get away with it.

Not true...not if a man has a backbone! Which sadly, is sorely lacking in many men today (not all) for some reason....but that's another thread.

Just sain....:)

Edited by katiegrl
  • Like 1

I've been brutally honest on my profile about specific things on what I look for and the majority of the time, I get these smart-ass messages from guys giving me lip on how why I'm wanting this or that! My god! When a woman is honest about what is wants, these guys on OLD get damn defensive and get their feelings hurt over some strangers profile!!! Geez. Why do they get worked up over this and take time to chew me out? And its not just women, I've seen profiles of men that state-they don't want to date someone overweight, or over 5'1 or date some trashy girl. Now, do I take the time to send them hate messages? No.

• Like 3

Starting the way she does now is still not good. Profiles should be short and to the point, completely unemotional. Not a nice guy told me blah blah blah... She still sounds...desperate, unconfident, defensive .

I never emailed back men who had such profiles blah blah blah....rambling

• Author

I have critiqued male profiles. Usually friends or guys on sites like this or others where people seek advice.

But seeing as I am not gay, I don't normally look at male profiles unless I am asked to.

• Like 1
Not true...not if a man has a backbone! Which sadly, is sorely lacking in many men today (not all) for some reason....but that's another thread.

Just sain....:)

- you can't control another person (but some people try to, I know).

But seeing as I am not gay, I don't normally look at male profiles unless I am asked to.

- of course - da wimmin r cuter!

is pump and dumped for the next 10 years

You're stuck like a broken record on that phrase... why are you so dang butt hurt over a stranger's profile?

• Like 2
You're stuck like a broken record on that phrase... why are you so dang butt hurt over a stranger's profile?

Some people want others to be the way they want them to be, especially if they find difference frightening or threatening ~~ “be like me” or “be like I think you should be” or “your difference scares me.”

- you can't control another person (but some people try to, I know).

+1 to that

Ladies, if you want to find decent men online. Dont sound like this woman! Decent guys will run the other way if you do.

I guess I was looking for an indecent guy! Just kidding.

If you are looking for one, only one, and THE one, and you’re serious about it and you’re secure and confident in who you are, deflect the many flies that couldn’t have handled you once a few dates, months or years went by. Be yourself and fly your freak flag.

Thanks for diverting me to YouTube to listen to various versions to Hard to Handle: “Boys and things that come by the dozen, that ain't nothin' but drugstore lovin'…”

• Like 1
  • Author

I said the phrase twice and all of a sudden Im stuck on it? Seems like youre stuck on my saying it and dislike how crass it sounds. Next time I will say fling instead, just for you. :cool:

Looks like the OP stepped on some toes. Lol

Cant please all the ladies :p

Cant please all the ladies :p

YES! I think you've got it! Some of us feel the same way about "all the men." And it feels good to not try to please everyone, doesn't it? :)

• Like 2
We have women saying " if I was a guy, I'd message her " but you can't know that because your mind does not operate like a man's.

Men don't dive head first into bitchyness and unpleasantness.

No one is like " wow I meet her demand list, let me find out what else she doesn't like so I can see if I'm worthy to date the goddess known as aphrodite.

Her profile is very negative and there is so much bitterness and anger there. Perhaps this says something about those who would choose to interact with her. I like polite, happy, caring, positive people. Its nothing to do with "cutesy" :rolleyes: as Katie and others suggest.

• Like 3

Just send her a penis pic and be done with it. Didn't see the profile, but she doesn't sound worth while and probably will get zero to extremely low interest other than as a ****-buddy.

For women thinking being bitchy will weed out guys....no. You just make the guys that would actually give you the time of day avoid you. The guys that just want to **** will put up with it though, cause it's not really putting up with it. In one ear, out the other. What? I wasn't even paying attention, but here is my nodding in agreement face lol.

Edited by Imported
  • Like 1
This woman is in her mid 30s, doesnt look like a model, has a toddler, sounds very bitter, and just is downright b!tchy.
It's bad that she sounds very bitter and is downright bitchy. Would it be okay to be bitter and bitchy if she were 21, looked like a model, and didn't have a kid? Why did you include that information?
  • Like 2
  • Author
It's bad that she sounds very bitter and is downright bitchy. Would it be okay to be bitter and bitchy if she were 21, looked like a model, and didn't have a kid? Why did you include that information?

People who have things working against them in the singles arena cannot afford to have more strikes against them. That's the reality.

That said, having talking to her more, her b!tch shield is lowered and she does seem to be a nice woman. Though theres no way for me to truly know that.

When you mailed her did you also mention that you had posted her profile wording on a publicly viewable forum and slated her for it?

Perhaps it's just me but I wouldn't see that as a thing a decent guy would do.

• Like 4
LoveRefreshed

FIRST, as I stated earlier.. the saying is "You catch more flies with honey"! You don't catch bees with honey, they fricken make honey. You catch flies, and you use the flies to fly fish and find your food. Now that we fixed the saying; I love that she responded and changed her message.

There is nothing wrong with being straight forward, but she was incredibly negative. not sure who wrote it, but I loved it.. it's the difference between saying "I want man who looks more into my personality than my appearance" versus "If you just want to **** me like EVERY OTHER MAN then SWIPE LEFT!" These are the most annoying statements I read. As if it weren't obvious and that men who just wanted to **** you were going to be straight forward. Good wish bro (sis).

Anyway, you catch flies with honey, jfc.

• Like 1

At least she shows her true colors from the start. If you don't want a life of drama and chaos don't even bother messaging somebody like this.

LookAtThisPOst
No, she made it easier for YOU to pass her up. You can't speak for every man any more than I can speak for every woman!

And even if she was alienating every guy in existence, on purpose, why is it so irksome to you?

Why is there so much "How dare she?!" when some men see a fat/unattractive/single mom/etc having standards?

Some guys even take time to message us, as a sort of "public service". "You know, a girl like you really shouldn't have standards." How hard is it to just move along?

You know what's funny, if a man had such a demanding, rigid, and non-compromising sounding profile...and he would post it in some kind of "critique section" of a message board...he'd get ripped for sounding so "negative"

But if a woman's dating profile sounds "negative" then she's "Just stating what she wants." *Audience of women get up and then applaud loudly for her*

smackie...just because YOU interpret it as negative, not ALL MEN will. Some men will appreciate her honesty and straightforwardness.

Yeah, there will be a group of men that will put up with her crap just for the companionship ...but only for so long. I think that's why women can get away with "negative" sounding profiles more so than men, is that men are willing to put up with her...but for so long.

Edited by LookAtThisPOst

Well people put up with crap every day, some even enjoy the crap. Some actually want to be with feisty women and aggressive men..

We are not all the same.

Fluffy bunnies to some are cute and cuddly - aaawww.

To others they are fair game, need shooting and end up in the pot - Yum yum.

Don't like a photo, ignore it.

Don't like a profile, stop reading it.

I hate when some come on here and generalize and say, "men do not like that stuff", the truth is SOME men do not like that stuff.

Everyone is entitled to say what they want on their profile, it is a reflection of themselves, it is designed to hook the person they think they want.

If they are a bit moany and groany then that is who they are, no point in hiding it, as it will be apparent as soon as they meet anyone.

Some love a good old moan and are never happier when they are complaining, that is the type of person they may want to attract, not Mr GlassIsAlwaysFull or Miss LovelySunnyday, who will turn on their heel whenever they open their mouth.

Frank, honest profiles give an insight into who they are and who they want to attract.

NO point in sitting down to dinner with a date and wasting time, energy and money, when in reality the date is too short, too fat, too unintelligent, too poor, too weird... for the other to give the time of day to.

Fine for an 18-25 yo to test the waters with all and sundry, it builds experience and is fun.

BUT an "older" woman or man with a kid, a past, a load of experience and not a lot of time on their hands, does not want to waste time dating people they would not in a month of Sundays ever consider speaking to for more than 3 mins, let alone date.

Weeding out those incompatible at stage one is a bonus in my book, not an issue, as some would have us believe...

• Like 3