daughter and thongs

SHe can get some very cute underwear that wont get her made fun of. She can just say she doesnt like cotton up her ass.

Yeah I think a great compromise would be mom taking her somewhere "cool and sexy" like Victoria's Secret and letting her pick out some bikini or *sigh* string bikini undies.....they aren't thongs and they aren't granny panties and plus they are from somewhere very adult like Victoria's Secret.

Normally I would not reccomend taking an 11 year old to VS but as she is allowed to have a boyfriend and considering the whole shocking skirt-lifting photo incident....shopping at VS is hardly scandalous.

This girl is buying popularity throught sex....and I don't even have any more advice to give. Speechless.

For a split second there I thought this thread was started by my DAD :eek: because he approached me recently concerned that my lil sis was wearing thongs. He saw them in the wash or something like that.

Anyway, its not my dad but still.. the very thought of my innocent little sister *yeah right I know she's anything but innocent* wearing underwear that I wouldnt DARE touch until I was 16-17 is just against the whole rules of being a kid or whatever. I mean seriously, SHES 11!!! And the lifting the skirt thing? Holy crap!

I dont really have anything all that thoughtful to add to this thread except

:confused:

and that I think children + thongs = :sick:

Funny how society is all for rating tv shows and video games but I walk into a kids clothing store with my sister and they are selling thongs that say "bad girl" and "play with me" and everyones like, oh its just underwear who cares.

• Like 3

Its just a trend...

A lot of girls wear thongs in my school, as young as 13/14 years old. Sad that personality and the odd cuddle don't do it anymore.

Dominic Rodwell

I think that girls of any age should be able to wear thongs or g-strings or whatever if they want because it makes them fell sexy and bloody hell does it make them look it!

I would be also more concerned with getting her confidence higher so she doesn't feel like she HAS to wear a thong - for whatever reason.

Eleven is too young for a boyfriend and for thongs. There is no need for her to be worrying about boys or panty lines or fashion that extreme at her age.

Let her be a girl - not a woman - she will appreciate it in the end. And I would be getting that boy off the scene and not allowing her get in the situation of a boy being able to take photos of her! Esshhh!

• 2 weeks later...
iheartethanz

Ok... I know I'm going to get all riduculed and lectured about this (and don't think of bringing my mom into this because she is in this story later) but here is my take on thongs. I am 12 years old (almost 13) and a couple weeks ago I was at the local Ross store and I needed some underwear. There was a blue thong and I said what about this and my mother was like no way. We walked out of the store but the discussion continued. My mom thought (and still thinks) they are ridiculous and served no purpose. I still wanted a thong though, but not to fit in or to feel sexy or anything. I just wanted one. So like next week at the mall I was still trying to convince my mom and she was starting to give way (I feel really bad about her giving in but I did pay for it with my own money). We went to aeropostale (like the least sexy store ever) and she said if I wanted one I had to buy it myself and she would stand over there looking at other clothes. I bought it and it was over with. She thinks they're silly, I think they're cute but we made it a compromise and it is actually working better for me than normal underwear because I am a dancer and I wear a leotard so when I have practice or performances it is much less embarassing (and for all of you who say we shouldn't care about panty lines it's totally not true because it really is embarassing when you have a granny panty line). I say if you pay for it with your own money with the permission of your mother and/or father it is totally acceptable. And again, my mom does not like them but she is not about to disown me for wearing them.