daughter and thongs

Jennifer's Secret

I am always amazed when I look at young girls nowadays to see how they behave, dress, etc. When I was 11, I was only concerned about when my first period was going to come, and I was too embarrassed about my growing boobs to allow anyone to know I even wore a bra! That's how things were back then, and I'm only 26, so it wasn't that long ago! And in high school, the cool thing was jeans and college sweatshirts, but you look at girls now and you think they are about to walk onto a music video!

I'm equally grossed out when I see young girls with the word "Juicy" on their bum. I know it's "couture" and allathat, but it is just wrong!

Originally posted by Jennifer's Secret

I'm equally grossed out when I see young girls with the word "Juicy" on their bum.

It implies sex. And sex and eleven years olds DO NOT MIX.

scarlyjones

I was at the mall this weekend,.....while there,...I thought of this thread. I couldnt help it. I saw the sluttiest looking 10 thru 16 or 17 yr olds there. Disgusting. So sad what passes as cool now a days. "Cool" today means you have to look like a whore. You have to look like you were brought up being neglected. In squalor. I saw a girl who couldnt have been more than 13 yrs old with her ass hanging,...literally HANGING out of her pants. Its was almost like she CUT holes in the butt of her pants so her ass hung out. CRACK AND ALL. Then she goes to the mall like that. RAPE IS REAL, LADIES!! Its not just some crime that happens to others or in the movies. ITS REAL. WHy tempt these sick f#@ks? Its sucks that they are out there,.....but why make yourself standOUT as a tramp which is the most popular fetish with these sickos?

I am 25 and I wear nothing but thongs but I did not start that until I was about 18. I have a 10 year old stepdaughter. Sometimes she comes home with questionable clothing from her mom's house. It gets "lost" when I do laundry. She never asks for or remembers it.

Just a suggestion.

Originally posted by friend182

I am 25 and I wear nothing but thongs but I did not start that until I was about 18. I have a 10 year old stepdaughter. Sometimes she comes home with questionable clothing from her mom's house. It gets "lost" when I do laundry. She never asks for or remembers it.

Just a suggestion.

Hahahahahah. :laugh: Moms are the best. :)

Originally posted by faux a lot of clothing manufacturers are making sexy underwear for younger girls

Clothing lines are marketing thongs to a younger audience these days. I know that the shoe store in my mall, the children/teen shoe store, has a bucket at the counter full of thongs for purchase. Walking through department stores, I notice that there are thongs in the young girls sections, as well.

Apparently, this is what kids are wearing now. Your daughter might not consider the thongs anything more than regular underwear, or a trend.

It's sickening how a childs innocence is for sale these days.

It's even more sickening how many people are so complacent, they just don't care.

My daughter just turned 10, I have a 13 yr old sister.

I absolutely cannot imagine the circumstances described.

I have seen statistics on how television puts up "reality type" behavior, on, then the kids imitate that behavior, and one up it, and it becomes a vicious cycle.

I am not even 30 yet, and i can see these things happening in just the past 10-15 years.

I have an extremely hard time finding my child clothing. A friends wivfe boughte her a pair of shorts 2 or 3 years ago for her birthday, and even then the clothes were too revealing, as i was asked if it would be ok, since that was the only shorts she could find.

Luckily she gets some hand me downs that increase the selection.

Both her and my sister have complained about all the clothing becoming too revealing.

Its not a good idea

it is not cute

it is not appropriate

it is just wrong.

the marketing people involved in this perversion, should be held just as accountable as the sicko child molesters.

these are children

CHILDREN

not strippers

Where will it stop?

I saw a mock commercial on Saturday Night Live a while back joking, about diaper thongs.

It suddenly doesnt seem that absurd or too far off anymore.

But then again anything for the all mighty dollar is apparently permissable.

it's crazy today's girl fashion. blame brittney! my eldest step daughter was wearing sexy underwear since at least 11 or earlier, not she just turned 15 and her mom put her on the pill. JUST IN CASE. i'm sorry about this situation... ugh.. so i envy you your thong worries.. one thing at a time. I hope youve talked to your daughter SO manypeople replied that i couldn't read all of them. but aren't you lucky to get so many replies!! : )

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna suggest you put her on the pill. I'm 19 and i have to pick up my 12 year old little sis from school. I didn't wear thongs until I was 15, and I havent always been the "good girl". Sissy had me buy her some thongs last year when i was trying to "make up with her". We were fighting a lot cause i was being stupid. Mom saw them when she was wearing some low-slung jeans, and told her she cant wear them. Mom got her some ganny panties and makes her wear them. Every day sissy is in the back seat trying to put her granny pants back on before we get home. I told her i would get her some less granny-like panties if she would wear them. She told me "I dont need them, not wearing any gives the boys easier access anyways". I didn't think she was serious, cause i dont know when she'd have time to do anything in shool. I could tell mom, but she'll just start putting them on before i pick her up anyways.

Just be honest. Tell her you do not approve, but it is her decision. Then for her birthday or Christmas, buy her some with Spongebob or Scooby Doo logo's, lol.

Then she might get the idea of how you feel!

My daughter (10) just asked me about a book on "periods" and such last night.

Thank goodness, the one she picked up wasn't as "suggestive" as some of the others I looked up later in the night for comparison.

my sister is 13, and I can't imagine her wishing to place herself in the situation the girls mentioned in this thread are apparently heading into.

if the line between right and wrong keeps eroding like it has, pretty soon, we could end up like those starving nations, with pandemic proportion aids from men taking children and abusing them. I wish the people who push this "stripper wear" on our kids had to take the same punishment as the molesters that abuse our kids will end up having to take, for encouragement. it is absolutely disgusting, and beyond shame into the area of criminaly perverse.

periods are a natural part of life. i got my first one when i was 9. it sucked. thanks a lot mom. (she was 9 also)

thongs are not a natural part of life. i got my first one when i was over 18. thanks mom. (she did her job.)

society does sexualize children, but at the same time, it is the parents' job to override it.

this mother of the thong-child is not doing her job.

it sounds like she is from her first post...but read the whole thread when you have time.

she is way, way off. and i am not surprised her daughter is wearing thongs...and doing other things she shouldn't be doing at 11 years old.

the big deal is that parents need to worry about their kids in all directions...

this includes children wearing sexy underwear. this includes an 11 year old girl wear sexy underwear and allow her BOYFRIEND to take a picture of her with her skirt up.

but this parents also has a warped sense of discipline for her child, so i don't know there is any point in saying anything else about it.

scarlyjones

dont forget the fact that this girl even HAS a BOYFRIEND at age 11........................sheesh. That reminds me of that picture I saw on the internet. Its a picture of some woman in her front yard with construction going on all around her neighborhood. The woman is pregnant. The caption reads: "Mary 'so and so' worries about the effect the summers construction noise will have on her unborn child". Which is all fine and good,..but,....mary is pictured with a Marlboro hangin outta her mouth :confused:

nightwish33150

i think 11 is too young 4 a thong maybe when shes 15

becuz i don't think 11 yr olds should b worrying about being sexy

Originally posted by nightwish33150

i think 11 is too young 4 a thong maybe when shes 15

becuz i don't think 11 yr olds should b worrying about being sexy

But a 15 year old should be? :confused:

scarlyjones

Yeah,.....15 is too young too. I know I was uncontrollable at 15 so I know its very difficult to try but,...had I known then what I know now........

Originally posted by Guest

I asked her about the thongs finally. She has been wearing and washing them herself for a few months now. I agreed with her and my husband to let her wear them, except I took a couple that I felt were too sexy, one's that said things such as "lick me," along with a playboy g-string. We let her wear thongs still because she has always been a good child with excellent grades and never gets into trouble. She did let her boyfriend take a picture of her lifting up her skirt in a thong, but we dealt with that issue already. She cannot be alone with him and she must wear shorts under her skirts, I will be checking for the shorts. Thanks for the posts.

This girl is a child of 11 years old and she has a boyfriend? Not just a boyfriend but one who is lifting her skirts and taking pictures and she is wearing sexy underwear? If they are the kind with "lick me" and Playboy on them, they are all about sex and not about underclothing, and please don't be naiive enought to think she won't find a way to be alone with her bf and she'll always wear shorts. What kind of a parent wouldn't be completely outraged at this kind of behavior from their CHILD this age? I have an 11 year-old son and he likes girls but he is still playing with toys and prefering the company of other boys for friendships, like 11 year-olds generally do. Whatever happened to the days when parents let their kids start dating around 16? Has the age dropped to 11, heck, why dont' we make it 8? No wonder child molesters are so rampant and open with their crimes now days, parents letting kids grow up so fast and slacking on being parents are making it easy for them.

Your saying that you didn't say anything to her and didn't know what to say or if you should tells a lot about why the child is able to get to a shopping mall on her own, without you knowing, and buying these things without you knowing...who is the parent in your household? If you are weak in your stand about what she does or what happens to her, how is she supposed to have any paramaters? If you don't get a handle on this little girl at age 11, she may come home pregnant someday at 13. The kids who get into the worst trouble are the ones whom parents say, "make good grades and never get into trouble." Take off the blinders.

• 2 weeks later...

:o

Until I was about 22, I remember having the worst time finding a well fitting pair of gaunch.

I am french Canadian and my butt is shaped like a heart. Panty lines are not only unsightly, but creep up on you anyway and are more painful and unsightly than a thong could ever be!

11 is too young to be flaunting, regardless.

You might want to explain a few things about modesty. She probably doesn't realize the free show is providing to older men and not just boys and her lovely peergroup.

Scary!

I wore the cutest (I thought) micro mini skirt in the 7th grade (I was 13). My mom forbade such things, but I figured I'd sneak it out of the house under a long coat.

She caught me at the door, and called me back in. Then faster than I could say "uh oh" she took a scissor and cut the skirt right off. zziip! just like that, $25 skirt down the drain ($25 was a lot of allowance back then). She said if I was going to wear nothing at all, I might as well be honest about it - but I'd never leave HER home in such a thing.

I thought she was the meanest mom ever.

I also never bought another skirt like that.

And I now keep scissors near the door in case my teen is a lot like me.

really, you guys are all over-reacting.

I am 13 years old, and I wear thongs. I have about...30 thongs? and some of them do have things like the playboy bunny on them and say things they probally shouldnt. but this is why I wear thongs...

-They hide lines that granny panties would show

-they feel good, and at no time make me feel uncomfterable

-they are usually less expencive then granny panties (if you shop at the right places)

-they make me feel good about myself (builds my self confidence about my body)

even with the thing about her boyfriend taking pictures of her panties...you are still over-reacting. Shes just expiermenting with who she is...trust me, NO 11 year old wants sex, NO MATTER how horny they can act. when the moment comes, they just run away from it.

I would actually encurage her to wear thongs! it builds self confidence, and if you shop at the right places they cost less than most panties. maybe you could wear thongs with her? and that way you can go thong shopping with her and make sure she doesnt buy any "innapproprate" ones.

• 2 weeks later...

It is quite normal these day for young irls to wear thongs - my daughter started wearing them last year. I suppose it was when she went to secondary chool and found out everyone else was wearing them.

It's no real problem except I've told her to cover up especially if any of my teen son friends are sleeping over. But then again how paranoid can you get ? My other daughter whose 9 walks in the house in her panties and top but I dont want to say anything to her at her age !?!

• 4 weeks later...

Oh for Pete's sake! Relax people!

We're all nudists in my family (mom, dad & us 4 girls - ages 14 to 20) & we've almost always been nude at home or on vacation and we rarely wear any undies under our clothes whether they're revealing or not. We believe you have to be thoughtful about why you are doing anything, where you are going or doing it & the other people around. In other words, have respect for yourself & others, be responsible & use your brains to figure out what may be the positive or negative aspects of your actions & the ramifications.

Without meaning to sound egotistical, our mom & the 4 of us are very pretty and our family has talked about clothes, nudity, sex, alcohol, drugs, physical attraction, perspectives of other people, self-defense & a million other subjects with the discussions being open & on-going. My mom & my sisters & I all have sheer Wicked Weasel thongs & swim suits that we have carried in our pockets or purses whenever we go out, anywhere we go in case we need to wear them for some reason (we get wet because we are horny or get our period). We "kids" all switched from the bigger undies to the WW thongs or not wearing undies when we started getting our periods AND we were responsible enough to pay attention to our own cleanliness AND understood the issues above. We realize that we have been blessed with beautiful parents, good genes & that we are priviledged to be considered very beautiful by many others. We like to display our beautiful bodies because we are not ashamed of being nice looking & we try to live a healthy lifestyle.

We do NOT show off our nice proportionate bodies simply for constant sex. However, sex IS a very normal thing & it's terrible how some people have harmed others in order to have sex or how uptight some people can be about nudity, our lack of undies or sex and they are usually our fellow Americans. We went on the pill when we started our periods so if we did have sex we wouldn't get pregnant but that doesn't mean that we are having sex w/ everyone, we're just being careful.

NOW, why have I told you all of the above? Because I don't think it is necessarily "wrong" or that there is anything "bad" or "weird" happening simply because an 11 year old girl wears thongs. I don't think it is weird because her "boyfriend" wanted to see what she looks like under her outer clothes or take a pic of her thong. Why? Because although it may be as complicated as sexual awakening, it could also be as simple as fashion & comfort for her to wear thongs. The same is true for the boy in that it may be his sexual awakening or he may simply be curious since a lot of people (especially in the U.S.) are terrorfied of nudity and the cover-up lifestyle actually causes more curiosity & perhaps "inappropriate" activity than if people were used to seeing other nude bodies. I know the original writer is in the U.K. but a lot of the responses are from the U.S. & should be understood w/ that culture in mind. Even if it is that they are awakening sexually, that should be treated carefully & NOT with an abusive mental, verbal or physical beating.

IT IS NORMAL and a few people seem like they are absolutely over-reactive, abusive & as dangerous as the pedophile perverts they rant about. A persons sexual awakening is like a beautiful flower opening and kids must be taught to be responsible with it for the health, enjoyment & safety of themselves & others just like the proper use of alcohol, drugs, firearms, vehicles, computers, kitchen utensils, shop tools, religion, pets, food, fitness, money Etc., GET THE POINT??? How many of you adult parents have messed up in those areas?

It is imperative that parents learn to communicate w/ their kids without belaboring the points thay are trying to make and that is very difficult because kids have a short attention span & they do not understand how to connect the dots between one thing and another. People have to learn to communicate & understand each other better. Woodrow Wilson said, "Seek first to understand, then to be understood." I think that because of our parents open & non-abusive environment my sisters & I learned quickly that there is a difference between sex simply because you are horny & because you are in love & there are different ways (better or worse) to deal with it, just like everthing else in life.

Look at what's happened in the Muslim world or in Iraq, Africa & Asia w/ abusive & oppressive control of people w/ torture & genocide destroying millions of lives. There, oppressive beliefs enforced by anry violence, hate & intolerance have led to war in order for the innocent people to have any hope for any freedom at all. How many innocent people had to suffer & for how long until someone was brave enough to step in & speak up to say it must stop or necessary force will be used against the oppressors to stop them. The oppressors didn't get it and yet so many other people just don't get that either. HELLOOO? It wasn't just about WMD"s in the first place & hell, I could have moved them in the time they gave Sadsack Hussein before they finally slammed him!!! And it's not just about oil either. Damn, if Clinton hadn't cut the CIA & screwed them up during his eight years we might have actually had spies IN the countries!!! Gee, what a great idea, spies among the enemy to tell us what's really happening!!! Anyway, lest I digress into politics, it does illustrate the cause-and-effect or connect-the-dots idea.

People, please talk w/ one another w/ the spirit of understanding love and trying to help. Don't use oppression, anger, hate & violence. Force should only be used justly and as a last resort to prevent further harm. Please don't freak out on your kids or anyone else unless they aren't responsive to other methods & really deserve it. With the 11 year old kids & teens you can only talk to them & love them because your control of them gradually decreases, as it should, until adulthood. They are going to do things when you are not around so the best thing you can do is give them the tools to think through their choices as best as possible so they can try to make the best decisions w/ the understanding of the consequeces.

Sheez, I've babbled long enough and have to go do other stuff. Thank you for bearing w/ me. Do good, be good & love one another. Hey, try out being a nudist too. If you are out of shape maybe it will motivate you to work out, slim down a little & eat healthy. Anyway, we love you if your chubby too! Please forgive my spelling errors too.

ReluctantRomeo
Originally posted by Nudegirl

We're all nudists in my family (mom, dad & us 4 girls - ages 14 to 20) & we've almost always been nude at home or on vacation and we rarely wear any undies under our clothes whether they're revealing or not. My mom & my sisters & I all have sheer Wicked Weasel thongs & swim suits that we have carried in our pockets or purses whenever we go out, anywhere we go in case we need to wear them for some reason (we get wet because we are horny or get our period).

Is this for real? :confused:

Woodrow Wilson said, "Seek first to understand, then to be understood."

Francis of Assisi said it first. And he was paraphrasing from the Bible...