daughter and thongs

ReluctantRomeo
Originally posted by Guest

I don't even know how long she has been wearing them for.

Out of curiosity, haven't you seen them in the wash yet? :sick:

I'd expect parents to establish enough self-confidence in their kids that they can look beyond superficialities and stand up for themselves.

You're an idealist Kooky, and we love you for it.

I wore thongs at 11 :o and I am a good girl with a good head on my shoulders. It didnt affect me. (well my issues are from other things called boys)

Do you remember at age 11 what the kids were like? How they teased??? Having to be cool and in style? They probably think its really uncool now to have grandma undy lines underneath your clothes. Or its the new 'coolbad' thing to wear thongs.

As long as shes not running around showing people her thong I don't see a problem.

Besides I think they are more comfortable. :p

Also she already bought them behind her mothers back..so taking them away or prohibiting her from wearing them won't work. She will just go behind her mothers back again.

The best thing would be to talk to her about it.

ReluctantRomeo
Originally posted by EC

I wore thongs at 11 :o and I am a good girl with a good head on my shoulders. It didnt affect me. (well my issues are from other things called boys)

So no link between wearing thongs and boy issues, EC? :p

If she's old enough to wear thongs, she should be old enough to wash them herself. I wouldn't want to TOUCH my eleven year olds thongs, sorry. If she's so mature, make her do her own laundry. That outta be interesting.

Bad friend, good father.

^ Very well put, Craig.

Do the child a favor by not being her 'friend'. It's called parenting for a reason, it's not called 'befriending'. Stand up to her, you make the rules. You'd be providing her with a disservice to let her do otherwise. In a hip-hugger world, where asscracks are showing on a daily basis, why add thongs to the mix? You're asking for a pedophyle, sorry...that's just my opinion.

Where will the line be drawn? Thigh-high boots? Garter belts? Fish net hose? Stillettos? It's too 'sexy' for an eleven year old.

She can wear thongs when she's legal. Which is 18 years old here.

I asked her about the thongs finally. She has been wearing and washing them herself for a few months now. I agreed with her and my husband to let her wear them, except I took a couple that I felt were too sexy, one's that said things such as "lick me," along with a playboy g-string. We let her wear thongs still because she has always been a good child with excellent grades and never gets into trouble. She did let her boyfriend take a picture of her lifting up her skirt in a thong, but we dealt with that issue already. She cannot be alone with him and she must wear shorts under her skirts, I will be checking for the shorts. Thanks for the posts.

I took a couple that I felt were too sexy, one's that said things such as "lick me," along with a playboy g-string. She did let her boyfriend take a picture of her lifting up her skirt in a thong, but we dealt with that issue already. She cannot be alone with him and she must wear shorts under her skirts, I will be checking for the shorts.

:eek:W :eek: T :eek: F :eek: ?

This is an eleven year old child?!?

XNemesisX
She did let her boyfriend take a picture of her lifting up her skirt in a thong, but we dealt with that issue already.

:eek:

Ok maybe I should take back what I said. I'm worried now about my little sister. Maybe we are so naive to think the thong wearing is completely innocent??

Definitely keep an eye on her.

scarlyjones

Man,................Ive been reading this thread and I keep running into the same phrase. "All her friends are probably wearing them". So what. Alcoholics hang out with OTHER alcoholics. Doesnt make it OK simply because they can say "What????....All my friends drink like that" Just because all her friends are wearing slutty undies doesnt make it hunky dorey. What you NEED to find out is,...WHY she is wearing them. If she really doesnt want ANYONE to SEE them,....then ask yourself why did she have some that said "Lick me"? Or "said" anything at all? Or a playboy bunny? Eleven years old? Please. She should have barely even heard of Playboy by now,..let alone be wearing its logo. E-L-E-V-E-N. Not even a "teen" yet. She should not be wearing this stuff. Eleven year olds should not be "sexy". The should be cute and girly. We all look at Michael Jackson and say "How could he" Its funny how when we see a court case involving molestation and young teens or adolescents, we are outraged......but when we see an eleven year old wearing a LICK ME thong, we say "Its ok,..all her friends are wearing it"

Originally posted by scarlyjones

Man,................Ive been reading this thread and I keep running into the same phrase. "All her friends are probably wearing them". So what. Alcoholics hang out with OTHER alcoholics. Doesnt make it OK simply because they can say "What????....All my friends drink like that" Just because all her friends are wearing slutty undies doesnt make it hunky dorey. What you NEED to find out is,...WHY she is wearing them. If she really doesnt want ANYONE to SEE them,....then ask yourself why did she have some that said "Lick me"? Or "said" anything at all? Or a playboy bunny? Eleven years old? Please. She should have barely even heard of Playboy by now,..let alone be wearing its logo. E-L-E-V-E-N. Not even a "teen" yet. She should not be wearing this stuff. Eleven year olds should not be "sexy". The should be cute and girly. We all look at Michael Jackson and say "How could he" Its funny how when we see a court case involving molestation and young teens or adolescents, we are outraged......but when we see an eleven year old wearing a LICK ME thong, we say "Its ok,..all her friends are wearing it"

OMG! Couldn't have said it better myself! Took the words right outta my mouth. Especially the whole pedophile thing!!

XNemesisX

Yeah..that is pretty disturbing that the undies said something on them like that.

My little sister's thongs don't have anything written on them and they are cute little plaid or solid pink ones. Dear lord...kids are growing up too fast. I can't believe that her boyfriend took a picture and everything! I am still speechless over that! :eek:

Does an eleven year old even have grass on the playing field? :confused:

XNemesisX

I don't think they do!

But I will say that 11 and 12 year olds look bigger these days for some reason. My sister is the same height as me and we share clothes. We can't share shoes though because her feet are already 2 sizes bigger than mine! (which I do have really small feet though).

Dear God... kids are growing up too fast. Pretty soon the average age to have sex won't be 16 anymore, it will be 11! :sick:

WOW!! Can you tell I haven't been around 11 years olds lately!!

I take back what I wrote before.

Burn the thongs!!! Burn them!!

Originally posted by ReluctantRomeo

You're an idealist Kooky, and we love you for it.

Cute. :love:

I asked her about the thongs finally. She has been wearing and washing them herself for a few months now. I agreed with her and my husband to let her wear them, except I took a couple that I felt were too sexy, one's that said things such as "lick me," along with a playboy g-string. We let her wear thongs still because she has always been a good child with excellent grades and never gets into trouble. She did let her boyfriend take a picture of her lifting up her skirt in a thong, but we dealt with that issue already. She cannot be alone with him and she must wear shorts under her skirts, I will be checking for the shorts. Thanks for the posts.

:eek: I'm speechless that an eleven year old girl that is less than half my age beats me in respect to kinkiness. :confused:

Originally posted by XNemesisX

:eek:

Ok maybe I should take back what I said. I'm worried now about my little sister. Maybe we are so naive to think the thong wearing is completely innocent??

Definitely keep an eye on her.

Thongs and sex go along, that's my opinion.

Originally posted by scarlyjones

Truer words were not spoken.

Im sorry but she already has a boyfriend at 11! what do you expect?

I wasn't allowed to even call boys until I was like 15. :confused:

XNemesisX

For real.

I wasn't allowed to date until I was 16. My 12 year old sister has already been on dates with her boyfriend WITH NO SUPERVISION. All I can say is that my parents sure aren't raising my sister like they did me. I would have been beat within an inch of my life for even asking to go to the movies with no chaperone at her age.

WTF :eek:

Lick Me on Thongs for 11 Year old Little Girls uh? Damn....

Guest... Now don't get me wrong here (or Ya Know... Do) :p

BUT

You said You've ALREADY dealt with the *Issue* of your 11 Year old daughters BOYFRIEND taking a photo of her in her Thong, thong, thong thooonnngggggg!!!

Uh... Isn't the fact that an 11 year old little girl has a BOYFRIEND an issue unto itself? :confused:

XNemesisX

oh man Merin...to make matters worse my little sister has been getting more presents from this boyfriend at 12 then I have in my entire life combined!

This either says something about my parents for letting her do this, or something about me.......... :confused:

LittleMiss

An eleven year old with a boyfriend and wearing thongs? Not cool at all! I didn't start wearing thongs unitl I moved out on my own. I remember when my mom did my laundry once at her house she found them and it surprised the hell outta her. Wearing a thong to her implies she's having sex or wearing them for someone. I wasn't allowed to talk to boys on the phone till I was in junior high and this girl is eleven.

IMO I think she's starting off too early with boys. That's means kissing at an early age, fondling, sex, ect.....

Think about it! Why would she buy a thong that says "Lick Me"? Hello!! She knew someone was going to see it.

Originally posted by XNemesisX

oh man Merin...to make matters worse my little sister has been getting more presents from this boyfriend at 12 then I have in my entire life combined!

This either says something about my parents for letting her do this, or something about me.......... :confused:

LOL Nah I think it says you need to find a better quality of Guy to date! LOL It's not you.. it's him (them)

Wanna hear something sad sad sad? LMAO My 7 year old daughter has all these little boys at school that give her gifts... WTF?! I swear I think they must raid thier Moms jewelery boxes at home or something? LOL she gets pokeymon cards and other crap... I'm like Daaayyyuummm! LOL Which is one of the many reasons I will not be letting her date or wear a thong even when she turns 11!

Originally posted by gtab

Think about it! Why would she buy a thong that says "Lick Me"? Hello!! She knew someone was going to see it.

LOL Uh huh... AND I'm pretty sure she didn't count on it being Mom who saw that sweet, innocent phrase across her panties :laugh:

Um, I think I need a boyfriend who gives me presents. :confused: I must be stupid to always buy my own stuff. :laugh:

FolderWife

When I was 12, I had a gym class with a bunch of popular cheerleaders in thongs :( I had on granny panties :( My mom took pitty on me having to change in front of all these cheerleaders in thongs while wearing my grannies, so she bought me some pretty panties so I wouldn't get made fun of :p Plus that eliminated panty lines *which will get your butt looked at WAY more than wearing a thong and no panty lines*

So...I would say don't worry about it. Her motive may be so she'll feel sexy, it may be because she has to change in front of a bunch of mean girls in the gym locker room...

My sister had a HORRIBLE habit of yanking her panties all the way up into her crotch...she always said they felt like they were "falling down" She would make herself raw yanking her granny panties up into her crotch all the time. She was so uncomfortable in panties that she's pin them to her bra!!! *ouch* She would always sneak around and not wear panties, and my mom would get angry at her.

She couldn't help it.

Maybe your daughter is more comfortable in a thong.

A little bit of thong peeking abover your blue jeans is the in thing right now, so maybe that's all it is.

Just ask, but don't do it in a controlling way...do it in a curious way.