What? I never accused you of any such thing. Can you admit that as fact?

You said 'nobody' accused me of making a death threat, I don't believe YOU said it or necessarily believe it. Someone seems to have, however

Yep...and this thread is a prime example. Like I said...no emotional intelligence.

But emotions have no intelligence...that's why we have our "hearts" (emotions) vs head (intelligence) battles within ourselves all the time.

But emotions have no intelligence...that's why we have our "hearts" (emotions) vs head (intelligence) battles within ourselves all the time.

? Look up emotional intelligence

• Like 4
Maleficent
I said the model in question is fat, unhealthy, and unattractive, and her lifestyle isn't something to promote. Anyone who infers more than that is taking it and running with it. If you really think I was making a death threat or calling for someone to harm Tess Bigbritches then you're mistaken.

The only thing harpoons are used for is hunt and kill wales.

Please explain me what you meant by 'Where's my harpoon' then?

• Like 1
Maleficent
What's this then?

I don't think I ever denied that. I certainly never made nasty comments about physique or health condition of anyone on this board, or thread, or outside this particular model. Can you admit that as fact?

Then why were you asking for a harpoon?

• Like 1
ColdandLonelyinAK
I said the model in question is fat, unhealthy, and unattractive, and her lifestyle isn't something to promote. Anyone who infers more than that is taking it and running with it. If you really think I was making a death threat or calling for someone to harm Tess Bigbritches then you're mistaken.

That fact that, after all of this, you're still saying middle school things like this speaks volumes about how you've learned nothing, and don't care that you're offending people... still!

As long as they can all pay for their own future medical care I'm OK with people making informed choices. I'm also OK with people doing heroin or drinking too much. I am not OK with any of that (including morbid obesity, which she certainly is) being promoted as a good idea.

Tess is laughing her way to the bank, so I doubt she has trouble paying for her medical care. Does that mean we can stop this nonsense now?

• Like 3
Rejected Rosebud

Well just speaking for myself but people who insult random unknown fat women and who have a serious enough problem about one fat woman being on the cover of a magazine to write about it on the Internet are aLOT more unhealthy and in need of some kind of help than that fat person,

• Like 1
ColdandLonelyinAK

I will say that I was close to Tess' size at one time in my life, and still had no problem getting a male to talk to me. Believe it or not, if you take care to look nice despite your weight and have some heart, there's people out there who will appreciate you for who you are.

I will say that I was close to Tess' size at one time in my life, and still had no problem getting a male to talk to me. Believe it or not, if you take care to look nice despite your weight and have some heart, there's people out there who will appreciate you for who you are.

2 of my best friends are about that size. I love them both to death, but I worry about their health and happiness. They have man trouble and health problems.

This is an issue of someone modeling. When you model or do anything in entertainment, you're gonna get critics even if you're a skinny, tall, short high cheekbones etc.

• Like 2
ColdandLonelyinAK
2 of my best friends are about that size. I love them both to death, but I worry about their health and happiness. They have man trouble and health problems.

This is an issue of someone modeling. When you model or do anything in entertainment, you're gonna get critics even if you're a skinny, tall, short high cheekbones etc.

Well, definitely. I just take issue with the things said here. It's understandable that some people are going to be outraged at this. It's "new", and somewhat groundbreaking. But let's not forget that the fashion industry loves doing things like this, and eventually the novelty may wear off. But stick thin models have been the norm since the 1970s and Twiggy (the model), so health issues aside, it's refreshing for a lot of people to see this. Now, if it were the cover of Vogue I could understand all the hatred, but it's just People.

It's perfectly fine to say "I don't agree with this.", but bringing up harpoons and fatty nicknames and lard is so reminiscent of the torture I endured in my younger days that it makes me even question whether or not I want to post here with people who are grown adults and can say such things. Even though I'm a lot smaller now, I still struggle to maintain (I gained a few pounds with my ex but have lost a lot of that already) and it still hits close to home.

• Like 1
Well just speaking for myself but people who insult random unknown fat women and who have a serious enough problem about one fat woman being on the cover of a magazine to write about it on the Internet are aLOT more unhealthy and in need of some kind of help than that fat person,

I've never gotten clogged arteries from posting here, sorry.

• Like 1
Ok, and so I did....IMO, just a fancy way to say "empathy"

http:// http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_intelligence

And IMO, doesn't apply to this thread and is a defense mechanism used by females when confronted with someone/thing they don't like...

It puts the emphasis on "feeelings/emotions" rather than "fact".

For example, many females say "I don't like his/her "tone""...So, who cares if the person told them a meteor is about to hit the earth, problem is she's upset about the meteor and instead of just saying meteors suck, they blame the person by saying "I don't like your tone".

In this thread, I can understand that it may be a sore spot for some people, but no one is attacking them directly. Their "defensiveness" comes from the topic being raised pushes them to take a look in the mirror and instead of realizing maybe they need to make some personal assessment/changes in their lives, they wanna attack the "tone" (people posting here and/or the topic) instead of the "facts" (which is obesity/overweight is not good for your body and mind and that Tess is a hypocrite).

Maleficent

Do you hatefully call them disguting and ask for harpoons?

I bet not. They are your friends. So why would it be ok to do it to strangers?

• Like 1
Well, definitely. I just take issue with the things said here. It's understandable that some people are going to be outraged at this. It's "new", and somewhat groundbreaking. But let's not forget that the fashion industry loves doing things like this, and eventually the novelty may wear off. But stick thin models have been the norm since the 1970s and Twiggy (the model), so health issues aside, it's refreshing for a lot of people to see this. Now, if it were the cover of Vogue I could understand all the hatred, but it's just People.

It's perfectly fine to say "I don't agree with this.", but bringing up harpoons and fatty nicknames and lard is so reminiscent of the torture I endured in my younger days that it makes me even question whether or not I want to post here with people who are grown adults and can say such things. Even though I'm a lot smaller now, I still struggle to maintain (I gained a few pounds with my ex but have lost a lot of that already) and it still hits close to home.

The thing is, we've had sickly thin models for decades...it's sorta joke we are all used to by now...

But to post the opposite extreme of sickly thin models by introducing Tess as the embodiment of what we should accept as a female body is equally wrong...

Both Twiggy models and Tess models have serious health and mental issues, IMO,

• Like 1
ColdandLonelyinAK
And IMO, doesn't apply to this thread and is a defense mechanism used by females when confronted with someone/thing they don't like...

It puts the emphasis on "feeelings/emotions" rather than "fact".

For example, many females say "I don't like his/her "tone""...So, who cares if the person told them a meteor is about to hit the earth, problem is she's upset about the meteor and instead of just saying meteors suck, they blame the person by saying "I don't like your tone".

In this thread, I can understand that it may be a sore spot for some people, but no one is attacking them directly. Their "defensiveness" comes from the topic being raised pushes them to take a look in the mirror and instead of realizing maybe they need to make some personal assessment/changes in their lives, they wanna attack the "tone" (people posting here and/or the topic) instead of the "facts" (which is obesity/overweight is not good for your body and mind and that Tess is a hypocrite).

I assume you're talking about me, since I've mentioned I have had trouble with weight in the past.

You don't know me. You don't know what I look like now. No, I do not stop what I'm doing to go look in the mirror after seeing some of these ignorant posts.

You're indirectly speaking to me and I don't appreciate it.

• Like 2
ColdandLonelyinAK
The thing is, we've had sickly thin models for decades...it's sorta joke we are all used to by now...

But to post the opposite extreme of sickly thin models by introducing Tess as the embodiment of what we should accept as a female body is equally wrong...

No one ever said society was supposed to accept Tess as a typical female body. That's ludicrous. If you read anything Tess talks about, you'd know that what she stands for is pursuing your goals even despite being "different", and she actually is quite active in her lifestyle and even has a personal trainer. Maybe it's extremely difficult for her to lose weight.

I mean people don't even know this girl personally and I saw someone (I honestly don't remember who) call her a child abuser on here because she's not skinny so they assume she's a bad mother.

I'm about done with this thread. It feels like we're all going around in circles. The people who've said mean, terrible things take no ownership and keep getting more and more ridiculous to the point where they're assuming things.

• Like 2

You really have trouble understanding that most people, not just 'females', want to be spoken to and treated with respect? What happens in your house? Someone just throws the food on the floor for you to eat it? No respect?

• Like 3

I'm about done with this thread. It feels like we're all going around in circles. The people who've said mean, terrible things take no ownership and keep getting more and more ridiculous to the point where they're assuming things.

You really shoudn't take offence over what strangers say on the internet. They don't know you.

• Like 1

Thank you, I mean, I didn't wanna play the "I have an overweight friend" card, but ok...here goes.

Most of my female friends are overweight and not as active/in shape as I am (even the military ones)...I do not "shame" them and like I said, I even dress down cuz females by nature are catty - you don't wanna do something to set them off.

A girl I worked with, she's big and BEAUTIFUL...she's always dresses stylish, has he nails/hair done and make up like it's done by a pro. In contrast, I also work with bigger women who look sloppy, lazy, etc. I respect "her" cuz she takes pride in herself and her appearance - even more than I do cuz I barely wear make-up at this job, and keep my dress very casual.

Years ago, I worked with a heavier woman who one snobby/skinny one gave her a hard time all the time. I'd go and have lunch with her cuz nobody wanted to be her friend. Now, mind you, she did do some things that would turn people off besides the weight (ie talking with her mouth full of food). Till this day, while don't chat all the time, we still stay in touch.

I have several relatives who are obese and/or overweight (male and female)...again, not once have I brought up the issue of weight. Sometimes they sit and complain about their ailments (resulting from the weight) and I just let it go through one ear and out the other). Some follow my example, gotten in shape and one day I was almost to tears when one called and said he went to the doctor and was taken off high blood meds and is no longer considered diabetic.

My mum, I encourage her to eat better and walk/move around...My relationship with her has not been amicable for years, so the way I address her weight is not cuz of the weight, but cuz of underlying hostility.

Me personally? Yes, some of my recent fury is because of me being dissed over a heavier chick...so sue me. But, I was reading over my past postings on other websites and I can honestly say that my opinions on weight hasn't changed - dispite how bigger women is a current issue in my personal/romantic life.

So, like jay, I'm close to many overweight and/or obese people. I don't raise the issue, I give supporting input when asked and am able to maintain friendships with them despite the concern about their weight...but yes, celebrities/people in the news, or some chick that a guy disses me over, you darn skippy I'm gonna say every nasty name in the book...we all do it.

You really have trouble understanding that most people, not just 'females', want to be spoken to and treated with respect? What happens in your house? Someone just throws the food on the floor for you to eat it? No respect?

I'm also walking away from this thread, cuz no one is attacking anyone here directly or indirectly...

People are asking others to respect their opinion, but at the same time if they don't agree with your opinion - you are disrespecting and/or attacking them.

ColdandLonelyinAK

I'm sorry you were dissed over some chick... But think about who your words on here reach to. There are probably people who aren't even members of this forum reading this right now. What do you think they're thinking seeing some of this stuff? I mean, we're all adults here. We all need to act like it. Also, implying that people like Tess makes me "look in the mirror" is extremely insulting and hurtful to me, because I'm NOT that size but it's as if you're grouping any and all plus size people together like they're undesirables. That's how I took that, whether you meant it that way or not.

I will never be a size two, but I'm not like Tess, either. I'm on the smaller side of plus sized. I'm usually pretty happy with myself. I wear nice clothes, do my makeup and hair and carry myself with confidence. But seeing this stuff sets me back.

Coming off as hateful to bigger people in general because some guy dissed you is not cool. Not all fat people are bad.

Maybe you think it's funny. Who is 'we' by the way? Don't speak for me. I don't think women starving themselves and dying on the catwalk from anorexia is funny.

autumnnight
The point is (was made a few posts later) I don't care what she thinks - it's what she publishes that is a matter of pubic concern.

Fine. Here's the "point" that I still cannot believe you are too obtuse to understand.

Do you care what any of the ladies on this thread think...or feel...since you have obviously, with your aggressive disdain for obese people, hurt several of them.

Do you care about THAT?

autumnnight

Emotional intelligence is an understanding of accepted human interaction, tact, grace, respect, manners, knowing when to shut the eff up, etc.

Like I said, it is a rarity sometimes.

Ya might want to look up some articles on EQ and social cues.

• Like 2