Women who fault men for flirting with younger women

LookAtThisPOst

Just got cat called by a group of girls ( don't even want to think how young ) at the store the other day. What was the topic again?

Anyhow older guys flirting, I'm of the half age + 7 camp. In general. Think a guy older should play cards well enough overtly young women approach him.

As a 20 something who dated a 40 something, it was good at first but then I got pretty creeped out when i realised just how old he was and that we were from different planets almost. The physical side of it creeped me out. Hes from my dad's generation. I'll pick on men my own age from now on.

mrs rubble
Apparently not one of the 30-40% that date up in age.

Next part isn't speaking to Mrs Rubble....

I feel bigotry like this... laughing at, making fun of people for dating who they want to date is the same thing as being homophobic and making fun of gay couples... or interracial couples.

It's probably time to put and end to it, just like the other forms of hatred/ bigotry.

I mean, are you only laughing at the guy who is dating the younger girl or are you laughing at the girl too?

I should be able to walk down the street with my date or girlfriend without having anyone give us a hard time.

And you know what? In real life, nobody does. They always think we're a cute couple and that I'm a little younger and she's a little older.

One in particular that is in the running for a real relationship right now is often mistaken to be my wife. And she's 17 years younger than me. Yet everywhere we go, people assume we're married.

Seems like this sort of discrimination is more of a hide behind your computer thing, like gay bashing and busting on interracial dating, rather than a real life thing. Nobody hasthe guts in real life and they probably also know it's wrong.

Easily done hiding behind a computer though.

In my case my laughter/ smirk is an involuntary reaction to my own past experience, and I guess to this day I'm still celebrating the fact I escaped a situation I found threatening.

• Like 1
still_an_Angel
It's just butt hurt women jealous that same guy isn't talking to them.

Agree! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Same women wouldn't be grossed out dating men in their 60s

Who cares, as long as it is legal and consenting.

I swear, people care about the most ridiculous things.

• Like 1

I've just deleted my POF profile as I only had women between the ages of 51 and 55 (couldn't go any higher due to the 14 year age gap limit that was imposed by the site with regards to messaging) messaging me. I've not long turned 41 by the way.

I asked them why they'd be interested in a guy almost 15 years their junior and they would flat out say that men 50+ were too old for them and that they deserved a younger guy with a ripped physique, despite them looking like grannies themselves!!!!!

elaine567

I think part of the problem is that some of these women do have daughters and they are genuinely grossed out over the thought of some man old enough to be her father/grandfather trying to get into their daughter's pants. Few mothers if they were honest, want to see their lovely daughter with an older man.

That innate disgust, and I think it probably is disgust, I guess, spills over into other older men/younger women interactions.

The other problem is the "trading in for a younger model" attitude.

Men who apparently have no idea of loyalty and enduring love and are only thinking with their d*ck, are looked down upon by some women too. Respect for that type of man is out the window and they are thus an easy target for female disdain.

We all tend to instinctively laugh at a person who in life is hopelessly pitching above their level. Older men lusting after younger women can be seen as figures of fun or even just creeps; they thus can lower their status in the eyes of women, both young and old. There's no fool like an old fool...

There is also the suggestion that the older, stronger, confident man is somehow using/abusing the younger, weaker, more naive woman for his own ends, ie trophy wife, sex object, victim...

Few like anyone to be exploited and some women will therefore choose to align themselves in the defence of the younger woman against the older man.

There is also the attitude of trying to save older men from themselves in some women. They think he should know better than be led by his d*ck, into a relationship that is perhaps totally based on his perceived influence and wealth and not on real desire or love for him.

How many older men get burned by younger women who are in effect using them for what they can get. Some women simply feel the need to point that out, before he makes a fool of himself... ;)

• Like 2
elaine567
I've just deleted my POF profile as I only had women between the ages of 51 and 55 (couldn't go any higher due to the 14 year age gap limit that was imposed by the site with regards to messaging) messaging me. I've not long turned 41 by the way.

I asked them why they'd be interested in a guy almost 15 years their junior and they would flat out say that men 50+ were too old for them and that they deserved a younger guy with a ripped physique, despite them looking like grannies themselves!!!!!

Yes, but that is the same as older men 50+ wanting to date younger women, they forget they look like grandpas themselves and the only attraction they offer usually is money and/or influence.

If "grannies" could more often, offer money and influence, many more would be snapped up by younger men, I guess.

The rich widow has always been an attractive proposition.

The fact that more women 30-40 are able to provide for themselves, good job, home owner, may mean as they age, they will become more attractive to younger guys. Younger guys who at 20-30 now, cannot even get a good job or get onto the property ladder.

Yes, but that is the same as older men 50+ wanting to date younger women, they forget they look like grandpas themselves and the only attraction they offer usually is money and/or influence.

If "grannies" could more often, offer money and influence, many more would be snapped up by younger men, I guess.

The fact that more women 30-40 are able to provide for themselves, good job, home owner, may mean as they age, they will become more attractive to younger guys. Younger guys who at 20-30 now, cannot even get a good job or get onto the property ladder.

It is the same - and equally ridiculous. At 41, I'm not going to be into dating the post-menopausal I'm afraid!

• Author
LookAtThisPOst

I find that older women who are active and in shape are open to dating younger men...OONLY because men in their age bracket tend to be inactive, fat slobs that at some point in their lives stopped caring about how they look.

That being said, it kind of makes sense.

It is the same - and equally ridiculous. At 41, I'm not going to be into dating the post-menopausal I'm afraid!
  • Like 1
elaine567
At 41, I'm not going to be into dating the post-menopausal I'm afraid!

No, I wouldn't suggest that you do. :)

loveweary11

How, exactly, do you consider sharing normal dating and loving relationships between two people of different ages as "making a fool of themselves?"

Do you realize if you replaced the word "old" with the words "black" or "gay", your post would read just the way racists and homophobic people discuss interracial and gay couples?

Let's try it. I did it for you below:

I think part of the problem is that some of these women do have daughters and they are genuinely grossed out over the thought of some black man trying to get into their daughter's pants. Few mothers if they were honest, want to see their lovely daughter with a black man.

That innate disgust, and I think it probably is disgust, I guess, spills over into other black men/white women interactions.

The other problem is the "trading in for a younger model" attitude.

Men who apparently have no idea of loyalty and enduring love and are only thinking with their d*ck, are looked down upon by some women too. Respect for that type of man is out the window and they are thus an easy target for female disdain.

We all tend to instinctively laugh at a person who in life is hopelessly pitching above their level. Black men lusting after white women can be seen as figures of fun or even just creeps; they thus can lower their status in the eyes of women. There's no fool like a blackfool...

There is also the suggestion that the black man is somehow using/abusing the white woman for his own ends, ie trophy wife, sex object, victim...

Few like anyone to be exploited and some women will therefore choose to align themselves in the defence of the white woman against the black man.

There is also the attitude of trying to save black men from themselves in some women. They think he should know better than be led by his d*ck, into a relationship that is perhaps totally based on his perceived influence and wealth and not on real desire or love for him.

How many black men get burned by white women who are in effect using them for what they can get. Some women simply feel the need to point that out, before he (the black man) makes a fool of himself... ;)

Do you see the problem here?

But seriously, can men be faulted for flirting with a younger woman? Would offering a counter-point in the comment section bring about a flame war and unfriending of friends? LOL

Some women will find it gross or suspicious, and some men do too, such as some who have daughters and who view older men hitting on them as predatory, as attempting to take advantage of their youth and lack of experience. Everybody is allowed to have their opinion.

You can certainly add your opinion to the conversation, but some people might un-friend you. But it’s your opinion and if certain people don’t want to be your friend because of your opinions, do you really want to be friends with them? Friendships are often based upon common perspectives.

hotpotato

This is my whole thing about the older man younger phenomenon.

Since I've been 12, older men have been flirting with me. Now I have men in their 50s through 70s hitting on me.

I don't expect 20 somethings to want me when I'm old enough to be their mom, but many men out there seem to think they are forever attractive. Average old guys (wrinkly, fat, balding) dislike older women because they are wrinkly, fat, etc. It's the hypocrisy.

Btw, i'm a younger woman not an older one. I've even dated older guys.

My grandpa just loves to flirt with younger women, some of whom are younger than me. The girls are obviously uncomfortable with it, but he just continues. That would be another one. Old guys don't care or maybe too busy projecting to noticing that many of these younger women are uncomfortable/grossed out. Most younger women will try to be nice esp if she's on the job so she's not gonna be like "Get away you old fugger!"

barcode88

Since I've been 12, older men have been flirting with me. Now I have men in their 50s through 70s hitting on me.

I don't expect 20 somethings to want me when I'm old enough to be their mom, but many men out there seem to think they are forever attractive. Average old guys (wrinkly, fat, balding) dislike older women because they are wrinkly, fat, etc. It's the hypocrisy.

My grandpa just loves to flirt with younger women, some of whom are younger than me. The girls are obviously uncomfortable with it, but he just continues. That would be another one. Old guys don't care or maybe too busy projecting to noticing that many of these younger women are uncomfortable/grossed out. Most younger women will try to be nice esp if she's on the job so she's not gonna be like "Get away you old fugger!"

I've seen this happen a lot, and as long as its only flirting and no creepy touching (I HAVE seen that happen as well), most Young Women seem to enjoy the attention.

Biologically, men of any age are going to be attracted to 20-something women. They are the most fertile and have the longest reproductive period ahead of them, so in terms of reproductive success they are the ideal. This is true even if one or both do not want children - human attraction for men is to youth, health, fertility.

Many younger women find (somewhat) older men appealing because - biologically - they can assess their mate quality as providers and protectors. Young men usually haven't established themselves to have a proven track record.

But that's biology, and while it's important and fundamental, there are many other factors that go into mate selection. Such things as compatibility, companionship, common interests and goals, trust. Those are easier to match when you are closer in age - usually.

• Like 1
barcode88
Biologically, men of any age are going to be attracted to 20-something women. They are the most fertile and have the longest reproductive period ahead of them, so in terms of reproductive success they are the ideal. This is true even if one or both do not want children - human attraction for men is to youth, health, fertility.

Many younger women find (somewhat) older men appealing because - biologically - they can assess their mate quality as providers and protectors. Young men usually haven't established themselves to have a proven track record.

But that's biology, and while it's important and fundamental, there are many other factors that go into mate selection. Such things as compatibility, companionship, common interests and goals, trust. Those are easier to match when you are closer in age - usually.

Yup, that's what I've been saying.

You can't fault people for following their biological instincts - as long as they do so in a legal and consenting manner.

loveweary11

Further, some of us older guys cannot and do not meet anyone our own age, despite trying.

There are literally no single women ages 30-40 who are not fat, saddled with kids, stuck in a rut, in my little sphere of the world.

Since I'm child free, in shape, fun, youthful in my approach to life, open minded, understand millennials better than I understand older people, current on trends, had my ex wife for 12 years who was a decade younger than me, have financial security and am a good time to be with.... I naturally end up with girls who share similar qualities and outlooks on life.

The vast majority of them are a lot younger than me.

I will not be picked on or disparaged by close minded or hateful people for living a happy life.

• Like 2
Yup, that's what I've been saying.

You can't fault people for following their biological instincts - as long as they do so in a legal and consenting manner.

That’s an overstatement since there are many “biological instincts” that are made illegal (codified social restriction) or disapproved of. Society puts a check on MANY raw impulses.

• Like 3
elaine567
Do you see the problem here?

But we are not talking about black men here are we? Oranges and pears...

Thanks for bringing racism into the argument, usually a sure fire winner that one. ;)

BUT

We are talking about older men and how some women view them hitting on younger women, Lookatthatpost wanted reasons, I furnished some, full stop.

They may hit some nerves here, but that doesn't make the reasons I gave, untrue.

• Like 2
hotpotato
As a 20 something who dated a 40 something, it was good at first but then I got pretty creeped out when i realised just how old he was and that we were from different planets almost. The physical side of it creeped me out. Hes from my dad's generation. I'll pick on men my own age from now on.

That's definitely the downside of dating older men.

I started dating one my exes when he was in his mid30s. Now he's in his mid40s and becoming an old man. Now if I'm looking at an older man, I'm thinking of this.

• Like 1
stillafool

This is all so true! I predict in the future where women will be more powerful and wealthy they will switch tides and start going for men in the 20-30 age range as well. These women will want the most attractive and virile men available. They will not need fiancial security but as far as protection goes a younger, stronger man seems far more capable of protecting.

loveweary11

See, this I can get on board with.

Nobody should be pushing unwelcome advances on anyone.

Truth of the matter is... i .would never do this. Even to someone my own age.

Disinterest is immediately apparent, as is interest.

I never do over the top flirting. I just allow them to come to me. True no matter what age.

You don't go chasing after a cat to get it to come over. You let it know you are interested and allow it to come over to you. Same thing.

• Like 2
hotpotato
I've seen this happen a lot, and as long as its only flirting and no creepy touching (I HAVE seen that happen as well), most Young Women seem to enjoy the attention.

Yes, of course, guys always think women want attention from each and every man. Projection. I've seen the looks of disgust first hand. :lmao:

• Like 4

In the past, arranged marriages were the norm. What did most of those pairings look like? Older, established men who could support a younger, fertile woman were the norm. A 5 to 15 year age difference was normal. As the younger men established themselves, they then became candidates. No one wanted to pair their daughters with a man who could not support them - they'd end up back home and unmarriageable!