Too intimidated ?

The good thing about me, I think, is once it's over I don't care to know why. Whether he is married, or just plain weak, it does not change the way he treated someone that had been nothing but nice, patient and understanding.

and made a woman on the other side of the world swear like a sailor...

I have raised many an eye brow in the last ten minutes!!!

Gaeta honey regardless of this bloke you are worth so very much more.

Stop being nice to these men because quite frankly they are dogs (nope I don't want to insult dogs)... they do not deserve anyone quite a lovely as you in any way shape nor form.

Time for you to get mean honey! Keep them at arms length until they prove themselves worthy of you.

And in the mean time use the other guy for sex ;)

• Like 1

For all of us, dating is a numbers game. But if the numbers go too high, I would listen to people here and try to see what I can change. I would read a ton of self help books and go to therapy in an attempt to find what I could do better to get a good long term relationship. That is, if you want one.

• Like 1

I notice you mentioned POF. Are you on other dating sites? I live near enough you to know the dating market in Montreal and happen to know many guys use it for "playing".

Seeing how serious you are about dating, it might be worthwhile to invest in E-harmony or Match. I ran away from Match because I found the guys were too serious on there. I enjoy Okcupid, but then, I am not commitment oriented. I hated POF.

• Like 1
Or a weak minded &^"*%(*&"&%^%VX^&%"£^%"(*(

Sorry not stopped swearing yet... perhaps I need another 5 minutes...

Toodaloo, you're cracking me up here!! :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

• Like 1
  • Author

Maybe taking a break from dating, if you have had the same luck, that is bad luck then maybe your "picker" is broken. Time to be introspective.

Ooops! too late. I have a new date scheduled for noon today, in exactly 1 hour.

• Like 1
Toodaloo, you're cracking me up here!! :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

Well I am slowly running out of swear words for him and am now resorting to childish names like "snot nose" and "poo bum" now...

Gaeta try OK Cupid instead! :D You can join me in my quest!

*and although I meet weirdo's they are not quite as weird as those your meeting!!!*

• Like 1
  • Author
I notice you mentioned POF. Are you on other dating sites? I live near enough you to know the dating market in Montreal and happen to know many guys use it for "playing".

Seeing how serious you are about dating, it might be worthwhile to invest in E-harmony or Match. I ran away from Match because I found the guys were too serious on there. I enjoy Okcupid, but then, I am not commitment oriented. I hated POF.

I don't know if it's because this province is French but there are no Montrealers on match. When I was on it I only had messages from Americans, same thing with eHarmony, I tried it, it was a waste of time and money, nothing at all came out of it. No Montrealers on there either.

I have pof, okcupid, and badoo to work with and horror stories on all of them. I am only on pof now.

I don't know if it's because this province is French but there are no Montrealers on match. When I was on it I only had messages from Americans, same thing with eHarmony, I tried it, it was a waste of time and money, nothing at all came out of it. No Montrealers on there either.

I have pof, okcupid, and badoo to work with and horror stories on all of them. I am only on pof now.

My girlfriend is on POF, and all she gets are guys who text "hey," or "whassup," or "you're HOT."

Nothing substantive at all!

Then there are the guys who post photos of their bare chests, as if to suggest "Look at ME, aren't I hot"?? And most of the time, they are NOT even!

It makes for a good laugh, if nothing else.

• Author
How in the heck do you keep up with them all???

I struggle with just OK Cupid!

I use them one at a time silly girl lol

Lunch date was woohoo :-)

• Author
My girlfriend is on POF, and all she gets are guys who text "hey," or "whassup," or "you're HOT."

Nothing substantive at all!

Then there are the guys who post photos of their bare chests, as if to suggest "Look at ME, aren't I hot"?? And most of the time, they are NOT even!

It makes for a good laugh, if nothing else.

Oh dear yes! Same here! Once you filter everything out you may have 1-2 prospects with potential, who most of the time turn out to be wackos.

Rejected Rosebud
I can't believe after all the online dating I did, all those times I was played, it's STILL this easy to fool me :-(
Gaeta don't think of it as being fooled, this can't happen to you if you will just hold out on emotional investment until you have spent enough TIME with the guy to learn whether what he says and what you SEE about his life is adding up, plus whether you really like him and whether you are compatible!!!

I just opened up my Match for the first time in weeks (my FWB has made me lazy), and god the Women on there are kinda intimidating o.o Where are all the Average Women? Seems like they're all drop dead gorgeous or huge socialites (Ironic being on OLD) lol. Being an introvert-turned-extrovert, and looking 4-5 years younger than my age, I don't know if I can keep up with some of these Women!! Ahhh =/ Lol.

Ooops! too late. I have a new date scheduled for noon today, in exactly 1 hour.

Thanks for the laugh. Hope the noon date went well!

• Author

The lunch date was a big hit ;-)

I have to say this because I read a lot of ladies saying if the man does not write at least 6 paragraphs in his first messages they don't reply.

This guy here has been in contact with me for a while. He was bad, I mean real bad at messaging. If I asked him 2 questions he'd miss one, he would never make full sentences etc.

When I met him I had in front of me a very articulate man with a BA education. Fun, interesting, chatty you would not beleive it. I asked why he was so withdrawal online and he said he hates it, he doesn't want to be on there really it's his first experience he always met live, he had no clue what to say ect.

So I took a chance, we called and I was very please over the phone and I was super please in person.

• Like 5
  • Author

So depressed guy wrote to me today.

He said he is still married and he started liking me and discovered I was an amazing human being so he could not continue the lie and do this to me. He said he is moving to Europe next week, he feels very bad for what he did and he is very sorry.

At least this time I know what happened.

losangelena

He said he is still married and he started liking me and discovered I was an amazing human being so he could not continue the lie and do this to me. He said he is moving to Europe next week, he feels very bad for what he did and he is very sorry.

Jeebus, Gaeta. I would "like" your post, but this is awful.

• Like 2

Daaaaaaaang...

but I'm wildly applauding for your successful date today. May i live vicariously through you? LOL

• Like 1

I did wonder #223

Didn't you say that he cooked for you on the last date? His house or yours? If his house, where is hiding wifey?! Perhaps they are separated.

Well at least he did not take you for two long of a ride, a week of dating is not that bad.

• Author

Yes you did Elaine, you got a good nose.

Gary: It was at my house. His wife is in PA. He travels US, Canada, Europe. He probably has a mistress in every country.

I'll give two-points for confessing and coming clean.

But that's it. Glad you got closure.

• Author

He told me he is separated and will be alone in Europe and would like to keep in touch with me. I declined.

• Like 1