Genuine NICE guy who tested the A-HOLE theory

A genuine nice guy doesn't go playing games and testing theories on woman IMO.

I thought this as soon as I saw the title.

I also agree with those who said that it is confidence and assertiveness leading to success - something women, and decent men, have been trying to get across to those struggling, for as long as I've been here, and before.

• Like 1

I work and live in arguably one of the best cities in the world populated by intelligent, beautiful white-collar, professional females, all of which are seduced using pickup artist techniques.

stop referring to WOMEN as females, those words do NOT mean the same thing. thank you.

Edited by minimariah
  • Like 2
fitnessfan365
Yes it does.

Being sexually assertive is fine. Being sexually aggressive borders on rape. BIG Difference. Do not confuse the two.

Dealing in semantics and legalese are we? :p

Obviously you can't think I mean forcing yourself on someone. Aggressive in my mind is the opposite of being passive. When there is mutual interest and signs of attraction, you act aggressive and go after what you want. If you'd rather call it being "assertive" that's fine.

I beg to differ. The vast wealth of infield evidence posted on YouTube, men's forums, blogs etc confirms cocky arsehole game absolutely works. Yet women pretend otherwise.

Case in point: last Friday I finished work and had a few drinks with mates. After 5-6 beers I was half cut and feeling rather confident/happy- not pissed or slurring, but just socially alert and aware of the women around me. I noticed a beautiful redhead girl standing by the bar with 4 men around her (which turned out to be her workmates). She looked extremely bored. So I stormed over, looked her in the face (with all these beta chumps giving me the evil eyes), and said "you look really bored. Come with me for a drink" to which she giggles, said I was a "cheeky prick" before agreeing to it. She left all her orbiters behind who couldn't quite believe what had happened. I held her hand as we walked the stairs to the second bar, whilst glimpsing back at all the men still standing at the bar who had bought drinks for her. "Poor chumps" I thought.

Within 1 hour I physically escalated to touching, heavy petting etc all the while she playfully teased me about being a "cocky, cheeky arsehole" etc etc. Had her number and am taking her out to dinner Friday, confident that I'll get her back to mine after it.

The girl in question? An Oxford educated, 27 year old beautifully slim lawyer working in the heart of The city of London earning £100,000+ salary. And my point? Cocky, arsehole game works- it works so well for me now that the outcome is so predictable it's depressing, perhaps disheartening, is a better adjective. Why? Because every single woman (whether it be the Saturday night slut or the Oxford educated prude) responds to the same pickup routine and masculine triggers- push/pull, tease, neg, physically escalate, get the number etc. Game works. It's tested. It's proven.

The 'art of seduction' is not some random, Hollywood chic-flick, "what will be will be" nonsense, but rather a skill set that can be learnt and mastered by men to dramatically improve their chances with women. ALL women. And that gentlemen, is what women are afraid of, or should I say, don't like.

I'm keen to hear back from some of the female posters on here as to why it works so well on all ages, professional/unprofessional, slags/prudes, insecure girls, well rounded girls etc in other words- a vast breath of different girls that represent modern society. And please don't come back with "not all women are like that! Or they must be low quality/insecure!" Etc C'mon. I work and live in arguably one of the best cities in the world populated by intelligent, beautiful white-collar, professional females, all of which are seduced using pickup artist techniques.

Truth is ugly but it will set you free.

I'm from the outskirts of that city, if you're talking about London. It wouldn't have worked with me. It wouldn't work with everyone.

Dealing in semantics and legalese are we? :p

Obviously you can't think I mean forcing yourself on someone. Aggressive in my mind is the opposite of being passive. When there is mutual interest and signs of attraction, you act aggressive and go after what you want. If you'd rather call it being "assertive" that's fine.

Yup.

I know what you mean . . . and after all our time together on LS I think you know I respect you as a man. But there is a difference, which you also know. Real men still take no for an answer. The biggest difference is real men aren't afraid to try in the 1st place.

As much as men don't care for assertive men, women aren't thrilled with passive guys. If there is a leadership vacuum in the relationship somebody has to fill it. When it's always the woman, problems arise.

• Like 1
fitnessfan365
Yup.

I know what you mean . . . and after all our time together on LS I think you know I respect you as a man. But there is a difference, which you also know. Real men still take no for an answer. The biggest difference is real men aren't afraid to try in the 1st place.

As much as men don't care for assertive men, women aren't thrilled with passive guys. If there is a leadership vacuum in the relationship somebody has to fill it. When it's always the woman, problems arise.

Obviously. I've never bought into that "no means yes" crap. But the difference is that when you know how to read body language and are a good judge of character/chemistry you never get into that type of situation. For me, it's never been about trying to get every woman I date into bed. It's about giving a woman enough space to get a read on her and act if it's appropriate. That's the difference between my aggressive and aggressive in general. ;)

• Like 1
BlackOpsZombieGirl
Uh oh.... Looks like the author stumbled upon a couple of red pill truths.

There's a reason for the cliched 'cocky, confident, arsehole" gets the hot girl...

It works.

It may work for the emotionally damaged women who get aroused by being treated like $hit, but I can tell you with utmost certainty that it wouldn't work on me.:mad: If a guy who wanted to date me EVER had the demeanor of a rude and insensitive douchebag and tried "charming" me with that, hahahaaa :laugh:.....all he would see is a vapor trail where I once stood... *POOF!*

• Like 5
  • Author

I would just like to reiterate first for the record that being a nice guy with good values is how I was raised and it makes me feel good to be this way. I haven't given up hope on being with an equally good girl for the ultimate bliss in a relationship. I'm just not wasting my life away anymore knowing and experiencing what I've been through.

I tested the A-HOLE theory to see if it was true and I found it disturbingly true. I naturally went back to my nice guy self because I don't want to waste the rest of my life being someone I'm not. Good and nice is who I am. More importantly there's nothing redeeming or rewarding by behaving like an A-HOLE to the one good girl that might come my way with the values and personality that I like.

I do understand that some will make assumptions based on the typical traditional definitions.

Nice guy = doormat, pushover, wimp, constantly needs her approval, cares too much about what others think about him.

A-HOLE = assertive, aggressive, bold, adventurous, uncaring, doesn't give a shyte about what anyone says about him.

There are two truthful things that I would say over 90 percent of the time trumps all from what I've observed in Western culture, AND, it doesn't matter if you're a nice guy or an A-HOLE.

#1 HEIGHT

#2 MONEY

A guy can be uglier than a toad, nicer than the nicest, A-HOLIEST of the A-HOLES, and have the driest pockets and the ladies will still believe he is a better protector and provider more so because she can wear her high heels with him. Even if he's gay, some women would rather try their best to turn him straight if he's got height. I've seen it happen. If he's got money it's a bonus.

The other guy can be short, decent looking, be a nice guy or an A-HOLE but if he's got money to burn, she will sacrifice all that she can't check off on her required physical list for the almighty dollar.

I would just like to reiterate first for the record that being a nice guy with good values is how I was raised and it makes me feel good to be this way.

you're NOT a nice dude. you're trying sooooooo, so hard... too hard to convince us AND yourself that you are, you're constantly repeating it like a mantra but... it's just not true. i'm sorry. i mean... you can be an a**hole on many levels, you know?

from your posts - it's crystal clear to me why you can't find a "good" girl. there is at least... five things that i can point out in your posts as highly problematic. a lot of red flags - those girls you want usually run for the hills from dudes like that, sorry.

• Like 1
BlackOpsZombieGirl
I would just like to reiterate first for the record that being a nice guy with good values is how I was raised and it makes me feel good to be this way. I haven't given up hope on being with an equally good girl for the ultimate bliss in a relationship. I'm just not wasting my life away anymore knowing and experiencing what I've been through.

I tested the A-HOLE theory to see if it was true and I found it disturbingly true. I naturally went back to my nice guy self because I don't want to waste the rest of my life being someone I'm not. Good and nice is who I am. More importantly there's nothing redeeming or rewarding by behaving like an A-HOLE to the one good girl that might come my way with the values and personality that I like.

I do understand that some will make assumptions based on the typical traditional definitions.

Nice guy = doormat, pushover, wimp, constantly needs her approval, cares too much about what others think about him.

A-HOLE = assertive, aggressive, bold, adventurous, uncaring, doesn't give a shyte about what anyone says about him.

There are two truthful things that I would say over 90 percent of the time trumps all from what I've observed in Western culture, AND, it doesn't matter if you're a nice guy or an A-HOLE.

#1 HEIGHT

#2 MONEY

A guy can be uglier than a toad, nicer than the nicest, A-HOLIEST of the A-HOLES, and have the driest pockets and the ladies will still believe he is a better protector and provider more so because she can wear her high heels with him. Even if he's gay, some women would rather try their best to turn him straight if he's got height. I've seen it happen. If he's got money it's a bonus.

The other guy can be short, decent looking, be a nice guy or an A-HOLE but if he's got money to burn, she will sacrifice all that she can't check off on her required physical list for the almighty dollar.

OP, just because you have "seen" this happen with other women (or have personally experienced this yourself), that doesn't mean that MOST women are that shallow! You have to be logical and mature enough to know that you shouldn't base your experiences or the things you've "seen" on a certain situation to be "true" when - in fact - it is most certainly NOT true in all or most instances.

If you do that, you're going to carry around this negative attitude in the back of your mind that whispers: ..."arseholes really DO get all the 'hot' chics but I'm just going to go back to being the 'nice guy' because it's who I am...so I guess I'll just have to settle for NOT getting the 'sweet' and 'hot' chics and getting the 'plain jane' and 'boring' ones instead..."

Please, DON'T have an attitude like that! Women like me were once combing the ends of the earth to find guys like you. And, just because I've given up hope of ever finding a sweet decent guy, that doesn't mean every woman has! I'm certain that there are attractive women in your age range and in your locality who are looking for a NICE DECENT guy like you. ;)

It may work for the emotionally damaged women who get aroused by being treated like $hit, but I can tell you with utmost certainty that it wouldn't work on me.:mad: If a guy who wanted to date me EVER had the demeanor of a rude and insensitive douchebag and tried "charming" me with that, hahahaaa :laugh:.....all he would see is a vapor trail where I once stood... *POOF!*.

you know... my worst experiences were with the dudes like the OP - the nice guys. and when they get rejected, they get upset because they're convinced that they aren't doing anything wrong (because d'oh! they're NICE) & they make up a bunch of reasons why they THINK they got rejected - not enough money, not tall enough, not cocky enough, women like a**holes...

like... just be confident, be yourself. this entire "oooooooh, poor meeeee, bad women don't want me, the NICE guy!, i'll be an a**hole from now on!" is the biggest turn-off ever.

this entire thread shows you that the OP is incapable of attracting a decent, nice, good, emotionally stable girl - and the only way he can have any success with girls is being an a**hole (meaning he attracts only girls who respond to problematic behavior). like... why would you even embarrass yourself like that?

i just don't know.

• Like 2
It may work for the emotionally damaged women who get aroused by being treated like $hit, but I can tell you with utmost certainty that it wouldn't work on me.:mad: If a guy who wanted to date me EVER had the demeanor of a rude and insensitive douchebag and tried "charming" me with that, hahahaaa :laugh:.....all he would see is a vapor trail where I once stood... *POOF!*

For when it comes to treating women like shyte, yes I agree with you - re :emotionally damaged women. A lot of these nice guy vs alpha discussions always go to the extreme ends of the spectrum. doormat vs arrogant a-hole who treats women like shyte. There are different shades of each type. A lot of women especially in their late teens thru 20s are attracted to a-hole/arrogant 'she's not no.1 priority in his life' guys, as long as he is not a full time a-hole to her, and mixes it with sexual allure/aggressive sex/push pull game/indifference etc.

My sisters and their friends used to have yak fests on the topic of guys and depending on what point you walked in on the conversations you would think these girls were full of themselves or so insecure. Most of the guys that liked and wanted them seemed to be losers or boorrring and the more desirable/popular guys they wanted would give them some slight interest (or maybe makeout or a shag) got their emotions & anxieties in overdrive. It works on younger women the best and not all of them are going to get tingles over the a-holish guy, but its not like those that do have insecurities and the others don't imo. The thing is a lot of the women that do tend to try get attention/snag/sleep with these guys do tend to be the more attractive or sexually overt ones. They have lots of options but will be more attracted to these guys, and of course what vibrant sexy young women do, really resonates with single guys looking on.

I also agree a-hole attitude wont keep women on for the long term unless they are emotionally screwed up, but for many I don't think that is huge negative if they dont have to go long to find another sexy replacement. If the guys are self aware or learn from their experience over the years, they will downshift on the attituse when they are ready to settle down or find a girl that's too good to lose.

fitnessfan365
you know... my worst experiences were with the dudes like the OP - the nice guys. and when they get rejected, they get upset because they're convinced that they aren't doing anything wrong (because d'oh! they're NICE) & they make up a bunch of reasons why they THINK they got rejected - not enough money, not tall enough, not cocky enough, women like a**holes...

like... just be confident, be yourself. this entire "oooooooh, poor meeeee, bad women don't want me, the NICE guy!, i'll be an a**hole from now on!" is the biggest turn-off ever.

this entire thread shows you that the OP is incapable of attracting a decent, nice, good, emotionally stable girl - and the only way he can have any success with girls is being an a**hole (meaning he attracts only girls who respond to problematic behavior). like... why would you even embarrass yourself like that?

i just don't know.

Yep. "Nice" guys like this don't know how to take a hard look at themselves. It's so much easier to sit back, blame the "a-holes" and make excuses. But any failure they had with women can be tied back to their own behavior. Did "a-holes" make them passive and afraid to make a move? Did "a-holes" force them to sit and stare at the woman they want, instead of approaching her? Did "a-holes" make them try too hard and act like an over pleasing kiss ass?

Genuinely good people don't need to brag about it. They just show it through their actions.

Obviously. I've never bought into that "no means yes" crap. But the difference is that when you know how to read body language and are a good judge of character/chemistry you never get into that type of situation. For me, it's never been about trying to get every woman I date into bed. It's about giving a woman enough space to get a read on her and act if it's appropriate. That's the difference between my aggressive and aggressive in general. ;)

I have really come to respect and admire your posts. For both genders. I hope you keep it up!

• Like 2
BlackOpsZombieGirl

i just don't know.

I see what you're saying and, for the most part, I agree with you. But...I think that the OP is trying on different personalities for size and experimenting with what he thinks will "work" for him with regard to attaining the type of woman he is attracted to personality-wise and physically. I'm hoping that the OP is a very young guy - because in that case, this trial-and-error behavioral experiment that he's doing would make sense. If um, he's an older dude doing this...then I'm more inclined to side with your stance on this.

OP, what age range are you? (If you don't mind me asking)

ThaWholigan

This thread gets made every couple months or so. Pretty predictable stuff here - you got a little "bad boy" swagger for a hot minute and attracted some girls. Great stuff! You just found a new lane. Nearly every dude that does this swears to the high heavens that they stumbled upon a "red pill" of some sort.

Hey, I can admit - you'll attract women. Not all will be damaged either - some just go for that sh*t. If you find it easy to project such attributes then you may just be expressing latent personality traits.

There is one problem with threads like this - it suddenly becomes "hey, all (or most lol) women go for this. It's true, women like a**holes, especially tall ones with money - and the ones who say they don't are lying" - ah, no. It's a case of demographics. There are a growing trend of people who seem to exist in such an extreme paradigm and seem to think that everybody else lives in these extremes. It's delusional - ironic that they claim everyone else is so :laugh:

The truth is, the bad boy sh*t works on a portion of women but it's certainly not a magic bullet and it definitely doesn't work on "most" women in my experience. You won't attract all the women, it's just not feasible. If being a nice guy is your thing, you'll need to augment your character just a bit. Nice = ambiguous and pleasant. Nothing more. You need more attributes. The reason why bad boys generally tend to attract more women than "nice guys" (genuine or otherwise) is because they have OTHER personality traits that generally complement them and color their interactions with other people, particularly women. Nice guys tend to be just.....well, nice.

You stand out in other ways, you'll be OK. If being an a**hole works for you, cool. Date the girls who like that sh*t. If it's not you, then augment your character with less a**hole-ish traits. Either way, dating will be only slightly less of a sh*tstorm. Because, truthfully, dating sucks for pretty much everyone.

• Like 4
BlackOpsZombieGirl
For when it comes to treating women like shyte, yes I agree with you - re :emotionally damaged women. A lot of these nice guy vs alpha discussions always go to the extreme ends of the spectrum. doormat vs arrogant a-hole who treats women like shyte. There are different shades of each type. A lot of women especially in their late teens thru 20s are attracted to a-hole/arrogant 'she's not no.1 priority in his life' guys, as long as he is not a full time a-hole to her, and mixes it with sexual allure/aggressive sex/push pull game/indifference etc.

My sisters and their friends used to have yak fests on the topic of guys and depending on what point you walked in on the conversations you would think these girls were full of themselves or so insecure. Most of the guys that liked and wanted them seemed to be losers or boorrring and the more desirable/popular guys they wanted would give them some slight interest (or maybe makeout or a shag) got their emotions & anxieties in overdrive. It works on younger women the best and not all of them are going to get tingles over the a-holish guy, but its not like those that do have insecurities and the others don't imo. The thing is a lot of the women that do tend to try get attention/snag/sleep with these guys do tend to be the more attractive or sexually overt ones. They have lots of options but will be more attracted to these guys, and of course what vibrant sexy young women do, really resonates with single guys looking on.

I also agree a-hole attitude wont keep women on for the long term unless they are emotionally screwed up, but for many I don't think that is huge negative if they dont have to go long to find another sexy replacement. If the guys are self aware or learn from their experience over the years, they will downshift on the attituse when they are ready to settle down or find a girl that's too good to lose.

Well, I've been told many times throughout my life by the guys I've dated and been with (and I think) that I'm attractive and possess the sensuality and sexuality that most DECENT guys would be attracted to - and um, I wouldn't give an a-holish guy the time of day, let alone "shag", make-out with, desire attention from, "snag" or sleep with a loser like that. I think you're making sweeping generalizations here.

Now, you may be correct in saying that douchebaggery behavior may work more on younger 20something women - but, I won't insult them like that by agreeing with you. I'm sure there are plenty of intelligent, decent and self-respecting young women out there who would laugh at the pathetic guys who would even have the balls to direct their douchebaggery attitude in their direction.:cool:

It's not that the women who DO "get the tingles" from a-holish guys may or may not have "insecurities", as you have suggested. It's worse than that. It's because those type of women that do get "tingly" by indecent and arrogant men like that are EMOTIONALLY DAMAGED. Women of all ages can be emotionally damaged like this; it's not limited to age or personality type.

Google

In the search bar put, "fedoras of OKcupid". Click the links. Laugh at the emotionally immature guys. I'm guilty of many pratfalls and I've overcome a lot. I'm glad that I never truly dealt with that mentality.

Being alpha isn't being mean or loud or overly aggressive. It's being purposeful, having boundaries, real interest and self control. You can get any Woman who is ready to be had by being a real man. I've learned to never compromise on my boundaries after my cheating ex and my current girlfriend is a 1000% upgrade as a result.

Just remember that nobody can make you feel anything other than sensation. We choose consciously or subconsciously to invest feelings into people, places and things.

The whole post is IMO and IME.

Don't get discouraged by the fools criticizing you or the women.

Mean is alpha. Like it or not. Too bad. That's why women flock to it. Evolutionary psychology. Look up the dark triad.

Nice guys are pathetic. Plenty of girls want them but after many months of the nice guys passive aggressiveness and neediness, they all get ditched or cheated on and for good reason.

A nice guy is a creation stemming from believing that by being nice your needs will be met. It's a fallacy, not real, and pathetic really.

a nice guy isn't passive agressive, usually has a backbone, and isn't just nice because he wants payback. a nice guy is just a nice person, not a perfect person, but a generally good person. you've bought into a fallacy actually. enough conspiracy theories. do you hate nice people or what?

this alpha beta stuff, nonsense also. most guys are in between. i don't buy he's a genuine nice guy. nice guys don't advertise they are nice, they just are nice. usually, cause no ones perfect.

• Like 1
Justanaverageguy
Yep. "Nice" guys like this don't know how to take a hard look at themselves. It's so much easier to sit back, blame the "a-holes" and make excuses. But any failure they had with women can be tied back to their own behavior. Did "a-holes" make them passive and afraid to make a move? Did "a-holes" force them to sit and stare at the woman they want, instead of approaching her? Did "a-holes" make them try too hard and act like an over pleasing kiss ass?

Genuinely good people don't need to brag about it. They just show it through their actions.

But I think this self professed "nice guy" OP is in the process of having a look at himself. I can see him getting bashed for saying he pretended to be a bad boy ******* but I think a lot of men go through this phase of experimenting with what works and what doesn't with women and what they are comfortable being. You try different approaches, attitudes, behaviors. I know I did and I am pretty certain you would have to when you were younger. For most men its trial and error .... you were not born the ultimate gift to women. Usually they then begin to learn the rules of attraction and find a way they can apply these that works for them and that they are comfortable with.

If he just goes back to being "nice" though then he really has missed the point of this little experiment entirely.

• Like 3

It's pathetic, disheartening and straight up depressing, and is undoubtedly one of the reasons why I feel like i'm unable to be in a relationship. It is literally a masquerade, and if you want to be successful with women you have to learn it.

This. 100%.

And kudos for running game on a feminist- they really are totally confused as to what they want, conflicted in their thoughts and beliefs. On the one hand they want to be a "strong independent woman" yet want men to be men, approach, aggressive in pursuit, make them feel wanted etc. What women find ATTRACTIVE and AROUSING are two entirely different things!

Once you understand women and how they respond to mating triggers, it really does become quite easy to pick them up. It's depressing because as the Manosphere says, you can never 'just be yourself'- you have to put on a performance.

• Author
you're NOT a nice dude. you're trying sooooooo, so hard... too hard to convince us AND yourself that you are, you're constantly repeating it like a mantra but... it's just not true. i'm sorry. i mean... you can be an a**hole on many levels, you know?

from your posts - it's crystal clear to me why you can't find a "good" girl. there is at least... five things that i can point out in your posts as highly problematic. a lot of red flags - those girls you want usually run for the hills from dudes like that, sorry.

Thanks for your response. First of all, I'm not a dude. I am a man. A hard working pro with a spine, a personality and a genuine love for people. Second, you don't even know me so I'll just ignore your blanket internet opinion on me. Third, it's not about trying too hard either. Again, it's who I am and I will stay that way. So typical a response.

Judging by your response being so quick to condemn, you sound like a girl that's been burned by the A-HOLE posing as a nice guy. I don't have to convince anyone that I'm a nice guy. It's who I am and that's how I will always be. Mantra verse.

My hope in this lifetime or the next is to share ME with a good woman who appreciates and respects that.

One of the main reasons why I miss my grandma and respect the women in my family. They came from a time before the internet and you had to be personable with manners and dignity.

I would discover that you would be the girl that might likely burn me and get bored easy because you probably equate manliness with the A-HOLE guy.

• Like 3
PrettyEmily77

I'm keen to hear back from some of the female posters on here as to why it works so well on all ages, professional/unprofessional, slags/prudes, insecure girls, well rounded girls etc in other words- a vast breath of different girls that represent modern society. And please don't come back with "not all women are like that! Or they must be low quality/insecure!" Etc C'mon. I work and live in arguably one of the best cities in the world populated by intelligent, beautiful white-collar, professional females, all of which are seduced using pickup artist techniques.

Well yeah, a lot of girls will go for the cocky guy who will promise to show them a good time because that's also exactly what they're after...a good time, for a bit. That's not rocket science.

They might also tell you they will want to be with you forever more and are in it for the long haul: women can say stuff they don't mean too, you know. They can also pretend to believe everything you say just for fun.

• Like 1
A genuine nice guy doesn't go playing games and testing theories on woman IMO.

Talk about twisting things :(

• Like 1