Why do so many older men think younger women want them?

salparadise
Well I like older men, but I'm almost 47 so now I am considered old myself, lol. But, even as a younger woman I liked them. Not for money reasons but I think there is just something about them. If my marriage to my husband, who is 4 years younger than me, ends, because it's in a bad place, I would definitely consider someone up to his late 50s. In fact, I'm turned off by young ones these days due to what I've been through.

Yea, 10-12 is nothing when you get to be 40 plus. I went out with a woman 15 years younger last weekend and the subject of age was never even mentioned. This weekend I'm going out with someone of only a year difference. Of course some people don't see it the same way and turn it into a big issue, and that's fine as long as they're not trying to rewrite the rules for everyone... which the OP is sort of doing by presumption. Kind of like the oldster creepy threads. I reject the premise. Done.

Yea, 10-12 is nothing when you get to be 40 plus. .

As a woman in my 40s, age gaps seem more consequential than ever. Sexual health drops after a certain point for both genders, and I'd prefer that my partner's drive and function lasts as long as mine!

• Like 1

These women infuriate older, middle aged women...They will hurl insults at them, shame them, whatever...Its mainly because the younger women will often not go for the 47 year old shlub with the shytty job and the beer gut, but they go for the successful, fit, and good looking ones...I suppose for these older women, its about maintaining pissing turf when they are at a disadvantage physically...

TFY

Hardly. You're putting us all in a box, when it isn't true of me, or other women I know. I was thinking yesterday, that's one thing I hate about these threads: I don't think it was Nikki's intention, but others, in the past, have felt like someone wanted to get women of all ages, sniping at each other, and competing. I have no interest in that.

If someone only wants the outer shell, instead of a relationship with a person, then I won't be attracted to them.

I also really loathe the need to insult "older" women (it always makes us sound like we're in a nursing home). Men my age, are no better than I am. You don't age better, you aren't more mature - I see less maturity as some go on. I've known women who are worried about aging, and men who will out-and-out lie about their age, once they reach late thirties and up.

• Like 1
Hardly. You're putting us all in a box, when it isn't true of me, or other women I know. I was thinking yesterday, that's one thing I hate about these threads: I don't think it was Nikki's intention, but others, in the past, have felt like someone wanted to get women of all ages, sniping at each other, and competing. I have no interest in that.

I agree, Anela!

I don't believe the typical middle aged or older woman is jealous of younger women. Remember: we all WERE young women once. That's how we understand the mindset, and the mistakes, of young women so well :) Mostly, I feel protective of young women and hope they make good choices so they are happy in middle age and later in life. A bad outcome would be feeling that their value is attached to youth.

• Like 1

So much Gloom And Doom in this post dude! :laugh: Man someone could show you a picture of kittens and rainbows and you'd find something ominous.

I like Quiet Storm's analysis but I get some of the other comments too. At the end of the day, no one wants to be objectified. Young women don't want to be thought of as trophies, no woman wants to be thought of as a commodity whose value is tied in to the numbers on her birth certificate. Just as men don't want to be thought of as an ATM machine.

FYI I find that many women actually tend to have better boundaries as they get older. And they are also more fun in bed. ;)

Some women are really making an effort to sell older guys off as stupid, easy, more resourceful, or a sign of desperation on the younger woman's part.

What about..

- more mature, intellectual

- masculine, confident in one's self and that reflects in their behavior

- more skilled/experienced in the bedroom, less selfish and a better lover

- emotionally mature

- less clingy, jealous, more independent...not calling them every 5 secs in a panic

- more reliable, past the party all night every weekend phase

- more developed as men, instead of having to invest in a guy who's maybe got one or two things going for him

- less desperate and horny, willing to bang anything that moves in his direction

Look, I'm not an advocate of older guys fishing out younger more naive women. But you ladies have it twisted if you think older men are the ones always making the moves...in fact, many people on LS promote the age is just a number idea.

You can say all the crap you want about men in their 30's and older men, but don't forget it works both ways...you're not exactly as hot, fit or flawless skinned as your younger counterparts either..some of these young women's breast hardly drop an inch after that bra comes off. And guess what...you're a whole lot easier to these men too, that's why they hit on you...just a tip! They think you're going to roll around in bed with them on the first date and teach them moves they can use with younger hotter women...so don't flatter yourself.

So if you really want to go there ladies, we can.

• Like 2

I am on board with JPH - I would not date a younger woman and do not even look for younger women. I prefer mature women or those closer to my age (which is mature LOL). I just feel there is more in common and its just my thing. Sorry kiddies:cool:

• Like 2
autumnnight
I am on board with JPH - I would not date a younger woman and do not even look for younger women. I prefer mature women or those closer to my age (which is mature LOL). I just feel there is more in common and its just my thing. Sorry kiddies:cool:

You Otter get an award for this post ;) hahahahaha

• Like 1
autumnnight

I have found that this kind of thing sorts itself out. For example, I have a friend whose ex wife was 7 or so years younger than he was. He is now with a woman who is about 17 years or so younger...actually 20 I think. I don't begrudge him that because the reasons he wants someeone significantly younger are the reasons he is not appealing to me. And I don't mean that as an insult. I am passionate and playful, but I am also pragmatic and know real life has to be lived in a mature and professional manner. He wants a girl who giggles and will hop in his mgb at a moment's notice. I do giggle at times, but sometimes I need a day or two notice before I can jump in an mgb....not to mention those cars are TINY and I am almost 5'10"

His six pack is nice but it's not on my radar of deciding factors. I enjoy sci-fi, cooking dinner, 1970's and 80's references, riding on the back of a otorcycle, and opera. I'm not ever going to think like a 25 year old again. And remembering myself at 25, I'm glad :)

• Like 1

They have nothing to lose. If it works I hook up with a hot young chick, if it doesn't I get called a creep by someone I will never see again? Why not?

As men get older they tend to get more bold because they no longer care what women think about them at that point

Even though the topic here is related to "older" men, I think no person (male or female) can stand it when a person "they" consider to be undesirable is hounding them and/or walking the earth like they are the bomb...

Yes I've been hit on and/or "chased" by guys of all ages who I'm like "Really, what makes you think I'd want the likes of you?" Some of them are older guys too. Yes, it's freaking creepy and/or annoying.

I mean, like on ID, there was this pudgy/fat, balding guy who was collecting disability and had no job, money - etc. But, he thought he had the "right" to have a tall, blonde, sexy Russian mail order bride.

Well, his first one dumped him and he killed the 2nd one. He tried to dangle the green card and citizenship over their heads to make them stay. He also tried to get them preggo. He made them get jobs and give him all the money in "his" (not a joint) bank account.

I ask myself, why didn't this guy just go to the gym, get a real job and/or do something with himself instead of try to take advantage of Russian brides who want a green card/citizenship?

So, I just don't get delusional people like the guy I used as an example.

I've dated older guys...very, very rarely went under my age - though out my life. In other words, when I was teens, I was seeing guys in their 20's and so forth.

Why?

Young guys are inexperienced when it comes to a lot of things. I guess I had to mature early and didn't have the time/patience to deal with guys my age. The other day I was standing in the line for a movie and some college kids were blabbing and I wanted to turn around and punch them in their face. I've never heard so much useless garbage come out of someone's mouth in less than a min or two.

I just think it's normal for older guys to want younger women - even if the age gap is like 2-3 years. I think it goes back into our natural urges to find a mate that shows signs of "fertility" and the younger a woman is, the more fertile she is perceived to be.

And, of course, I think younger women look up to older men for financial security and experience.

But, still, when I see a big age gap - regardless if its male or female that's the older one...I think one party wants the younger one cuz they are naive, impressionable, and easy to take advantage of - like the ID guy chasing Russian brides.

loveweary11

I would be mortified if I was ever considered creepy.

I don't hit on any girls, but ones 15-20 years younger than me are the ONLY ones that send me signals to pursue them.

I haven't even seen or met a woman my age in years, to be honest. I don't know where they are.

autumnnight

Gloria, I saw that episode too.

I am probably too "Pollyanna," but I figure there are lids for every pot. Someone else's preference is their preference.

• Like 1
Gloria, I saw that episode too.

I am probably too "Pollyanna," but I figure there are lids for every pot. Someone else's preference is their preference.

I hear ya...sometimes those situations work out. I mean, Robert Z posts a lot about his sugar baby, but still, IMO, even when they "work out" cuz the premise was set on an inequality (i.e. significant age gap)...at some point those inequalities will rear their ugly heads.

I mean, like the ID guy - when people saw him they asked the Russian bride if that was her father. She eventually got her a dude on the side and even returned to Russia cuz she couldn't stand the ID guy.

They have nothing to lose. If it works I hook up with a hot young chick, if it doesn't I get called a creep by someone I will never see again? Why not?

As men get older they tend to get more bold because they no longer care what women think about them at that point

Pretty much. They figure out that with some women they will get called creepy no matter what so why worry about it. Not all women call all men creepy like it is nothing but the ones that do will do so no matter what. You can't walk on eggshells because of it.

• Like 1

I must be from another planet... If I were a man, I'd be disgusted if I knew someone was attracted to me because of a sports car or a bike :sick:

And I agree with OP - I am only interested in a man around my age and have always found it disgusting when men 20-30 years older hit on me.

I guess this happens for women their whole life, from age 15-50 at least because older men still hit on me all the time although I put their age limit online at 48.

I also don't understand the necessity of going for someone who is in such a different stage in life - I need mental connection which I can only get with people around my age.

I feel people who go for beauty or youth only, or women who go for older men for the stability - both have some hidden psychological issues.

Smart and funny is the key. But you still have to stay in shape. No one wants to date a fat slob.

Women start dating men for their resources in high school. The guys with the nicest cars generally have the hottest gfs. Men learn this early on in spite of what women try to tell us.

When I got my first hot bike [motorcycle] in hs, within a few weeks I was dating a model. My first sports car had much the same results. Suddenly all sorts of women were interested that would never give me the time of day before that.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear

I think one of the main reasons guys do it(chase younger) is because(and this is just a theory) men of all ages are seemingly completely fixated on the proportions of a woman's torso...The look of narrow waist -pert breast and shapely hips/ass are just what fuels most guys.....whether they think it or not...And the younger women have it over the older ones in this area..

As women age, it becomes pretty rare to get those types of proportions...Many lose that "look"...Even slender middle aged women, unless they are workout nuts and/or have had some surgery, tend to lose it..

Understand, this is not a knock on women...Its a perfectly natural part of the aging process.....Most guys suffer the same degradation...Its just that I don't think women are as fixated on the perfect Adonis male physique(especially as they age) as men are of ideal women....

I can say this much....If I were a woman and was "out there" trying to find my place among all of the other competition, I would place a very high emphasis on maintaining a youthful physique....I don't want to just typecast my entire gender as completely shallow boobie chasers, but the reality is that no matter how wonderful you think you are, he probably cares more about whats happening from the neck down then you would imagine...

TFY

• Like 2

I can't speak for others but I feel I actually fit better with a woman a little older because I have always been an old soul who was mature beyond his years. When I was 15 years I old I used to talk about politics with my teachers so I had a hard time relating to people my age. I finally feel like I am the right age physically for how I am mentally so some people can relate to those outside of their age group.

• Like 2

I always got the impression that the majority of older men really have no interest in youngins! That mature ladies are far more appealing to them :)

Maybe it simply depends on where one lives..

thefooloftheyear
I think one of the main reasons guys do it(chase younger) is because(and this is just a theory) men of all ages are seemingly completely fixated on the proportions of a woman's torso...The look of narrow waist -pert breast and shapely hips/ass are just what fuels most guys.....whether they think it or not...And the younger women have it over the older ones in this area..

As women age, it becomes pretty rare to get those types of proportions...Many lose that "look"...Even slender middle aged women, unless they are workout nuts and/or have had some surgery, tend to lose it..

Understand, this is not a knock on women...Its a perfectly natural part of the aging process.....Most guys suffer the same degradation...Its just that I don't think women are as fixated on the perfect Adonis male physique(especially as they age) as men are of ideal women....

I can say this much....If I were a woman and was "out there" trying to find my place among all of the other competition, I would place a very high emphasis on maintaining a youthful physique....I don't want to just typecast my entire gender as completely shallow boobie chasers, but the reality is that no matter how wonderful you think you are, he probably cares more about whats happening from the neck down then you would imagine...

TFY

Tried to add to my post and someone jumped in....anyway..

I don't think a lot of these guys deliberately go younger as a revolt against women their age, or they are egomaniacs....I just think they are so fixated on the "look" of a younger and more youthful body, that they are willing to put up with the mismatches in compatibility in other areas.....I think the proof here is that while I haven't known a ton of guys in this group, of the ones I am aware of, all we with women with good bodies...

Just a thought....

TFY

• Like 1
autumnnight

I think there is something to the "look" idea. I'm not a size 6 anymore, but I am still hourglassish, and that seems to be a "thing." I'm not sure it's dress size as much as it is chest to waist to hip ratio.

salparadise
I feel people who go for beauty or youth only, or women who go for older men for the stability - both have some hidden psychological issues.

Really? Do you have anything empirical as a foundation for that "feeling" or do you just think there's only one right way to be? Others might say these are simply evolutionary predispositions reinforced through the millennia because they provide survival and reproductive advantages.

• Like 1
I think there is something to the "look" idea. I'm not a size 6 anymore, but I am still hourglassish, and that seems to be a "thing." I'm not sure it's dress size as much as it is chest to waist to hip ratio.

Do men really notice hip:waist ratio? I always felt that it wasn't really a thing that men noticed.

I have a small waist, but 40 inch hips which are ridiculous in comparison. It's not fat, it's just that my hip bones are naturally wide, so it creates a pronounced curve outwards.

Never in my life has a single soul commented/noticed that I have wide hips, so I never felt that it was something anyone cared about.

The most thought I ever gave it was the irritation when pants fit loose in the leg but won't get up past my hips. Damn those pants.... I hate pants! lol

I must be from another planet... If I were a man, I'd be disgusted if I knew someone was attracted to me because of a sports car or a bike :sick:

It depends on what the man wants. If he's just looking to have fun, who cares? And the truth is that a young guy with a nice car often indicates responsibility and success. So the cues here may not be so shallow as one might think. It is definitely a more promising indicator for a potential life partner than the 18 year old still riding his bicycle.

And I agree with OP - I am only interested in a man around my age and have always found it disgusting when men 20-30 years older hit on me.

I guess this happens for women their whole life, from age 15-50 at least because older men still hit on me all the time although I put their age limit online at 48.

Oh well, women do a lot of things that piss off men.

I also don't understand the necessity of going for someone who is in such a different stage in life - I need mental connection which I can only get with people around my age.

It is unfortunate that you are so limited. I get a big charge out of connecting with people of all ages.

Who said anything about "only". Do you really see men as being so one-dimensional? I suspect there may be some issues here. ;)

Edited by Robert Z

A lot of women our own age are only interested in us for a car or what we can provide for them. This has nothing to do with age.

• Like 1