The last straw, I'm giving up...

And here I expected your ex to start river dancing through the room that he's finally able to pursue other women. Why is it that cheaters won't let go?

Anyway, keep your dating secret for a little longer. If your ex finds out it'll all go downhill again.

• Like 1
ComputerJock

I have been following your tale and am proud of your steps you have taken. Have you told the husband of the woman who is having affair with your husband and that you are in the process of divorce?

• Like 2
  • Author
MightyQuinn

I don't understand why he wasn't more excited about getting the chance to dip his wick wherever he wanted! He didn't seem to have a problem when when we were together, so now that we're apart.... I dunno why he was holding on so hard. So glad he has finally come to terms.

i haven't told the hubby of the OW... Yet... I noticed that as soon as my WS changed his Facebook relationship status, he also re-friended the OW. He just keeps confirming in my mind and heart that moving on is the best thing for me.

I know it sounds cliche, but I feel like I've lost 190 pounds! I know the divorce isn't final, but as far as I'm concerned that's just paper... Knowing he's finally on the same page as where I've been for months is freeing.

Also, I'm not telling anyone about the dating, really. It's not serious. It's just kinda nice to meet new people right now, I feel like new experiences are helping me put more emotional and intellectual distance between the incredibly depressing place I was a few months ago to where I am now. I feel like I'm getting "the old me" back before I started compromising my happiness. It feels really good.

Anyways... Might update again once the paperwork is going through/completed. Printing off the forms today, hoping to get him to sign this week. Keep fingers crossed!

Edited by MightyQuinn
  • Like 3
Also, I'm not telling anyone about the dating, really. It's not serious.

It doesn't matter that it's not serious, but it'll hurt your ex's ego and you'll be back on square 1 with him fighting your every move in the divorce. In his mind you're sitting at home alone and grieving; he'll go nuts and spam you with calls as soon as he finds out you're dating.

And, do update how the exposing went. :laugh:

And here I expected your ex to start river dancing through the room that he's finally able to pursue other women. Why is it that cheaters won't let go?

I suspect that when everything was running smoothly, he felt like he was in control: his fantasy affair with the OW, his sham marriage - everything was going his way.

As soon as Quinn took control of her own life again, then the fragile framework of his whole fantasy construction came apart, and he could no longer fool himself that he was in control. Suddenly, reality sets in, his own life is spinning out of control - although certainly set in motion by his own actions - and things just don't seem so much fun any more.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • Author
MightyQuinn

Just a quick update... The divorce papers are filled out and signed. I'm dropping them off at the county clerk today!!! Even took half a vacation day to make sure that it gets done.

Still stunned that he's been so cooperative, but at the same time, I think it's because he might think if he acts nice, then I'll see that he's changed and one day I'll come back to him. That's fine, he can think that.

I know that it's not over until the judge makes it so, but YAY!!!!!

• Like 3

Good for you. I know its hard but you deserve better. No one ever deserves to be cheated on. It just kills me how many people just think they are justified in hurting people because they are unhappy and unwilling to just get out.

I hope your day goes smoothly.

Clay

• Like 1
  • Author
MightyQuinn

Thanks Clay :D

Yes, I dated a few guys, but this one guy I have been seeing for a bit really stands out... :love: Totally wasn't expecting to make a connection as soon as I did (it's been 6 months since I knew it was over with the ex, 5 months since I left the ex high and dry), but this guy is awesome... Honest, caring, responsible, hard worker, patient, inquisitive, great sense of humor, lots of similar interests, super duper cute with AMAZING blue eyes, and he seems to like me an awful lot.

I've been kinda holding him at armslength though, because if it is going to be something special, I wanted to do it right and have the ink on the paper. But now that the papers are in, I'm feeling so much more confident and like I'm moving forward on the right foot. Time to let him in and see if it's real. Keep your fingers crossed for me..... I REALLY like this guy... Even if he chooses not to see where this goes, it'll hurt a bit, but I know I'll be OK - I've been to hell and back over the past 13 years! :p

And holy cow, between submitting the divorce papers and the nervousness of gearing up to spill my heart all over this great guy, over the weekend I felt the need to purge. Cleaned out two closets, one of which was basically full of stuff I didn't bother to unpack once I got to my new apartment! Threw out a 14 gallon bag of stuff, got another two 14 gallon bags of stuff to donate. Even found some stuff of the Ex's that I've boxed up to give back to him. So much cleaning! Felt so good.

Out with the old, in with the new! :laugh::bunny:

• Like 3
  • Author
MightyQuinn

Oh, oh, also about how the ex has been:

1) As soon as he realized it was really over with me, he re-friended the OW on FB. In an attempt to get me to not tell her husband (which I'm still consdering doing - he deserves better), ex told me that he forced OW to tell her BS and now they're in counseling. Forgive me if I don't buy that, pretty sure Ex lied. I have moved on, but I still think it's funny he feels the need to lie about her and whatever relationship they have.

2) He told my BFF to tell me that I shouldn't worry about him (I don't), that he's started something new with a girl who has 3 kids (honestly don't care). I figured out who it is because I happen to be friends with this girl, and he shows up as a "Like" on everything she posts. She's a recovering addict, 90 days sober, doesn't have custody of her kids. I feel for her and would like to warn her, but I've washed my hands of the whole situation, and she should know better than to start relationships while her sobriety is still so fragile. I seriously hope that no serious damage is done to either of them, but especially the kids.

3) He tried to tell my BFF that I'm a pill popper and a drunk. :lmao:

4) The last time I saw the ex to go over divorce papers before we signed with the notary, he felt the need to do 30 pushups and situps in front of me, claiming I was interrupting his workout time. Thought my eyes were goig to roll right out of my head :rolleyes:

5) in 2-4 weeks, I'll be FREE OF HIM!!! :laugh::bunny::D

• Like 2

LOL. He'd make a great actor... if he gave a bit more effort. :lmao:

Fingers crossed over here. :D Although your new guy sounds pretty good, very patient from the sound of it. And good looking! :laugh:

And yeah, I really think you should give OWs husband a chance to get off his butt and find a better partner instead of a cheating one.

• Like 1