How to ask a woman to shave

kaylan

I don't understand how you were able to gather the courage to tell her to trim her pubes - a very intimate issue and a conversation most people dread having - but can't find it within yourself to ask her to get rid of her mustache. What!?

Honestly, just spit it out! You already said you don't think she'd be too upset by it so what's wrong with simply saying "Hey, you ever considered waxing your upper lip?"

He could work it in casually - in amongst a couple of suggestions of things to do she would enjoy.

"I thought tomorrow we could go and watch a movie, then we can swing by a beauty salon so that you can get that sh*t waxed off your upper lip, then we'll grab a bite to eat somewhere. Can you think of a particular movie you'd like to see?"

• Like 3
  • Author
He could work it in casually - in amongst a couple of suggestions of things to do she would enjoy.

"I thought tomorrow we could go and watch a movie, then we can swing by a beauty salon so that you can get that sh*t waxed off your upper lip, then we'll grab a bite to eat somewhere. Can you think of a particular movie you'd like to see?"

Lol that's casual? Yikes lol

• Like 1

Nah. You have to eat first, get waxed, then go hide in the dark of the theater with some aloe gel and an ice bag.

You're completely backward!

• Like 3
thefooloftheyear

Ill probably get hammered for saying this, but wth, right?

While id need more background, the likelihood is that in a case like this, id probably say nothing and back out of the R...I'd probably draw some scenario in my head that if this person is so oblivious to something this obvious, then she'd probably also be the last one to realize that she put on 50 lbs, her house is a mess, or her she stinks....And if you are the type that cares about these things, then its gonna be a MAJOR incompatibility issue down the road....

Now admittedly, maybe thats unfair..Maybe its just that one thing and everything else is awesome,...I dunno....And like stated, if there were more details(or maybe there were- I didnt read the whole thread) perhaps I wouldnt say this...But its the way it is with what I know......

I dont like giving anyone pointers or correcting/criticizing anyone-I just go away.More than often its going to resort to hurt feelings and I hate doing that, especially to a woman...And its not my job to be anyone's appearance/hygiene coach, anyway.... People rarely change who they are to suit others and maybe they shouldn't anyway...To use an analogy, if I go to a restaurant and the food or the service sucks, or I saw ants walking across the floor, I wont say anything to the management...Ill pay the bill and never go back there...

TFY

Edited by thefooloftheyear

Have you talked to her yet?

Just ask her if she'd touch up the lip area. She'll say yes or no. Either answer is completely reasonable, and if the answer is no, it's up to you if you can accept it.

I think you need to go back and read my posts slowly. Where have I said I had an attraction issue?

Just, stop.

So, the whiskers you dislike, go ahead and delicately ask her if she wouldn't mind a minor alteration to her physical presentation a 2nd time. Hopefully you're enough of a catch to her and she won't mind.

• Like 2

You need to create a set up and get someone to insult her.

For instance... you're out somewhere and have someone you know bump into the both of you and say something about it. You then defend her and chase this person off. When she is crying, you console her and tell her that person is an idiot and not to listen to them. She is beautiful just the was she is... of course, this will eat her up inside and she will shave it off immediately. When she does, you tell her she is the most beautiful woman shaven or unshaven... you will be her hero, and you got her to shave.

• Like 1

So how to go about it - I'd start off by asking her if there's anything about your appearance she'd change. Then when she asks in return you just shrug and say "nothing major - those few hairs on your lip maybe, but apart from that you're damn perfect".

Best suggestion so far.

Please update us kaylan. I need to know if she shrivels into a puddle of humiliated tears or reacts like a sane adult.

My bf told me I was getting a stache once. I shaved the little buggers and told him to tell me if he notices it again if I haven't. Literally not a big deal. Granted we were bf gf for a while at this point but I can't imagine freaking out even if it were sooner.

Edited by veggirl
  • Author
Please update us kaylan. I need to know if she shrivels into a puddle of humiliated tears or reacts like a sane adult.

My bf told me I was getting a stache once. I shaved the little buggers and told him to tell me if he notices it again if I haven't. Literally not a big deal. Granted we were bf gf for a while at this point but I can't imagine freaking out even if it were sooner.

How did he bring it up?

I may do it this weekend when we hang out, but the moment has to be right.

Ill probably get hammered for saying this, but wth, right?

While id need more background, the likelihood is that in a case like this, id probably say nothing and back out of the R...I'd probably draw some scenario in my head that if this person is so oblivious to something this obvious, then she'd probably also be the last one to realize that she put on 50 lbs, her house is a mess, or her she stinks....And if you are the type that cares about these things, then its gonna be a MAJOR incompatibility issue down the road....

Now admittedly, maybe thats unfair..Maybe its just that one thing and everything else is awesome,...I dunno....And like stated, if there were more details(or maybe there were- I didnt read the whole thread) perhaps I wouldnt say this...But its the way it is with what I know......

I dont like giving anyone pointers or correcting/criticizing anyone-I just go away.More than often its going to resort to hurt feelings and I hate doing that, especially to a woman...And its not my job to be anyone's appearance/hygiene coach, anyway.... People rarely change who they are to suit others and maybe they shouldn't anyway...To use an analogy, if I go to a restaurant and the food or the service sucks, or I saw ants walking across the floor, I wont say anything to the management...Ill pay the bill and never go back there...

TFY

I sure hope 50 lbs is more noticable then lip whiskers. Though you make a decent point about someone noticing and caring about certain things in their appearance, I dont think that will be a problem here. She watches her diet and hits the gym to stay healthy and in a good shape.

Edited by kaylan

This thread has had me rolling on the floor laughing on some of these posts. Too funny.

Have you tried asking her if she going for the "Duck Dynasty" look with her mustache? :laugh:

I apologize that I don't have anything of value to add to the thread.

Yes, she likely would feel self-conscience if you ask her to shave it or wax it off. She may or may not get upset about it.

Kaylan, we were on his couch and he was like "babe!!!" And I was like "omg what?!" Because he like yelped it lol. And then he rubbed his finger on my upper lip and said " you have a little mustache!" Then I went and looked in the mirror and thought oh darn.

I wouldn't be surprised if that high school dude was more concerned about what others thought about it, and thus why he was quick to dump her.

???? So because I prefer trimmed pubic hair over something that's too bushy, it means I don't like her pussy? For the record I very much like how she looks and tastes down there.

The next time you and your lady friend are getting intimate you should ask her to 69. Then in the midst of the mutual pleasure you should just start laughing. When she asks what you are laughing at, tell her the hairs from her mustache are tickling your nut sack! :laugh::sick:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

So I did it and it went well...almost too well lol.

The weekend before last while we were in her car talking about stuff, I made a quip calling myself perfect. She paused to jokingly ponder whether I was as awesome as I said or not. So then I thought about the advice I was given here. I thought to myself "hmmm I know she's jokingly pondering...but I could ask her if she noticed any little thing on me she might want me to alter."

I asked and she said no...but the moment didnt feel right to bring up shaving since we were going out. So I waited till later to bring it up, as it was now set up for me to ask. So later I said to her "Have you noticed you have a little bit of lip hair?" And she said she knew, and that since its just a little bit on the corners she lets it do its thing. She then asked "is that why you asked me about finding a flaw on you earlier?" And I said "hmmm...kinda".

She said it didnt really bother her...so I asked if she ever removes it. And she said that she usually will wax it every now and again...but only on a day when shes not going out (to give herself a day for the redness and swelling to go down). So I said, "would you mind if Id like that you took care of it?" And she said she'd take care of it on a day off. The conversation went very very well. Her mood didnt change during or after the convo at all. I actually asked her a few times if she was cool with the convo (just to make sure), and she said she was fine.

So this passed weekend when I saw her she had shaved. I pointed out that I noticed by randomly licking her upper lip. She asked why I licked her and I said "I just wanted to let you know I saw you did a shavey shave". And she replied "was it really that noticeable before with the hair?" And I told her yes...so apparently she didnt think people really could see it before.

Anyways, we had a good weekend, had some good sexy times, and everything is the same as it was before. This girl is super easy going. Im not used to this in a woman.

• Like 4
One of my friends in high school (VERY pretty girl, guys chased her like crazy) got dumped over the blonde hairs on her lip. He refused to kiss her and finally just gave up and dumped her after 2 weeks.

Ever since then, I've made sure to wax mine off.

Sounds like a bit of an @$$hole.

todreaminblue

i do find the jokes to be a bit offensive.....a bit cruel.....

i have pronounced growth on my upper lip....and chin.....i tend to use nair sensitive for facial hair rather than shaving.......the hair grows in different directions...and more than once i have sliced my top lip open dotn think theres much that stings worse than that..when i am with someone i maintain on a daily basis...sometimes twice...all effort i am willing to make......to get it waxed which lasts longer you have to wait for it to grow...more than a week....i go out in public more than a weekly basis and i am very self conscious about it.the last thing i need is to be ridiculed.......so i cant wait the time to get it waxed.........a friend of mine told me eating black liquorice makes it grow back dark....:0(...which is a shame because i love black liquorice....it is hormonal...and due to psychotropic medications i have taken in the past,it really exasperated the problem.....my hormones went nuts for quite a while.....

be honest with your gf...tell her how you feel....as you have an honest and open relationship i would bet this will just become another part of the honesty between you two...be thoughtful and be kind....my ex always was.....and i didnt mind i appreciated him telling me he could see it........and that is me who is self conscious about it...because he was always thoughtful and never made me feel ashamed .......best wishes...deb

Elaborate but would give great results. Shave your face kiss her and say:

You-"whenever we kiss the stuble hurts my lip a little"

Her-"You just shaved"

You-"Exactly"