How to ask a woman to shave

kaylan

Jesus, there's a workplace I wouldn't wanna work at. It's nobody's damn business whether a woman has facial hair or not except for that woman and possibly her partner if it's an issue for their relationship. Sounds like an incredibly bitchy place to work, more like bullying. Seriously, which adult can't find it in themselves to ignore something about someone's appearance they don't like in the workplace? I find it impossible to believe that they were so stupid they couldn't focus on their work because a moustache was so distracting. Stuff like this makes me really mad. Even in the workplace, seems like in some places women are expected to fit the standard media conception of 'beauty', irrelevant of whether or not they're good at their job.

If I were that woman and I got wind the request to wax had arisen from the workplace I'd have them hauled in front of HR faster than you can say 'equality and diversity training'.

Doesn't matter what YOU think.....it happens.

Under The Radar
Totally comparable stuff i see.

A little wax on the upper lip vs working out for months on end to get that perfect 6 pack that needs constant work to keep.

Actually, for me, the acquisition and maintenance of a washboard stomach is easier than waxing my upper lip ......

...... Then again, I tend to sport a 5 o'clock shadow much of the time ;)

Actually, for me, the acquisition and maintenance of a washboard stomach is easier than waxing my upper lip ......

...... Then again, I tend to sport a 5 o'clock shadow much of the time ;)

You must tell fat chicks your secret then....

It's amazing how something as insignificant as facial hair on a woman gets blown out of proportion.

"Hey babe, would you mind getting rid of the hair on your lip?"

"How dare you! Oh God I'm so embarrassed, I'm going to die! I'm a woman, you have no right to tell me what to do! That's it we are done, never talk to me again!" *Then she starts throwing things*

• Like 5
acrosstheuniverse
It's amazing how something as insignificant as facial hair on a woman gets blown out of proportion.

"Hey babe, would you mind getting rid of the hair on your lip?"

"How dare you! Oh God I'm so embarrassed, I'm going to die! I'm a woman, you have no right to tell me what to do! That's it we are done, never talk to me again!" *Then she starts throwing things*

It's because it's embarrassing. Might make the woman feel as though he's been seeing it and turned off by it all along. Kinda humiliating. It's not the act of having to remove the hair, it's the idea to all along someone was watching it while you were unaware, and finds it disgusting. It's a very personal thing, kinda like casually asking a guy if he'd mind taking some penis enlargement pills outta nowhere (yes I know they don't exist but you get my drift) when he wasn't aware there was a problem.

• Like 5
It's because it's embarrassing. Might make the woman feel as though he's been seeing it and turned off by it all along. Kinda humiliating. It's not the act of having to remove the hair, it's the idea to all along someone was watching it while you were unaware, and finds it disgusting. It's a very personal thing, kinda like casually asking a guy if he'd mind taking some penis enlargement pills outta nowhere (yes I know they don't exist but you get my drift) when he wasn't aware there was a problem.

Did you see my earlier posts where I was talking about nose hair?

To me, nose hair sticking out of my nostrils and upper lip hair on a woman are equivalent.

If a woman I was dating pointed out that my nose hairs were getting a bit long, I'd be mildly embarrassed and then I'd trim them as soon as I could. I wouldn't have a panic attack about it.

I figure a grown woman should be able to keep herself composed in that situation.

• Like 3

I have suggested to a couple of women friends they take it off on their upper lip and it didn't go well either time. A million excuses at the time "looks worse," "grows in thicker," "big pores," which the big pores thing is true if you have coarse hair, but even pores can be worked on to minimize them. Lord knows the Kardashians have managed.

Blonds always think theirs is invisible. Personally, I think the blonde ones make them look like John Schneider.

• Author
why did you even ask her out to begin with?

Tinder pics don't show staches. Plus it wasnt much apparent our first meet. Or do you think I should dump someone I get along well with over this?

I'm not sure how a woman can NOT know she has hair on her upper lip.

Does she shave her pubes? Pluck/shape her brows?

Kaylan, Especially if she does the above she must be making a conscious decision to leave her upper lip hair in place. There's no logical way a woman can groom daily and not notice.

• Author

Yeah... Because sex organs and body hair are similar . wow talk about reaching.

• Like 1
Rejected Rosebud

I figure a grown woman should be able to keep herself composed in that situation.

She'd probably remain totally composed and it would be the last you'd see of her! A really short lived FWB would sure not be worth the embarrassment!
  • Like 1
Rejected Rosebud
I'm not sure how a woman can NOT know she has hair on her upper lip.

Does she shave her pubes? Pluck/shape her brows?

Kaylan, Especially if she does the above she must be making a conscious decision to leave her upper lip hair in place. There's no logical way a woman can groom daily and not notice.

That's not true! I am very blonde and I never even thought about it, my friend who's a brunette bleaches hers and mine is light light blonde, so what's the difference? but when I was getting my eyebrows waxed the lady told me that I may want to think about waxing it … It never would have occurred to me! Kaylan, it's too touchy for a casual thing I really do think. It's kind of like telling her you noticed her pimple or something.
Yeah... Because sex organs and body hair are similar . wow talk about reaching.

It's actually quite accurate. I tend to groom all over, including the under the nose fuzzies.

Could it perhaps be a cultural thing? In any event, I would say unless you are her boyfriend (hypothetically speaking), best to keep your mouth shut.:bunny:

• Like 3
Tinder pics don't show staches. Plus it wasnt much apparent our first meet. Or do you think I should dump someone I get along well with over this?

well, it's an attraction issue, right? and if it is making her less attractive physically then yeah, you have to either leave her or tell her. i cannot see it going well if you tell her, it'd be very embarrassing for her, i would imagine. maybe you can browse a magazine together and point out women you don't find attractive, and make sure they all have some visible facial hair or something. and then just make some comments she might pick up on.

Lernaean_Hydra
She'd probably remain totally composed and it would be the last you'd see of her! A really short lived FWB would sure not be worth the embarrassment!

You're joking aren't you? Yes, this is satire, no? I mean I'm sorry but what kind of woman gets that pissed over a guy she's seeing asking her to shave her mustache that she cuts off contact??Jesus, 3 minutes of Nair and a q-tip would solve this problem painlessly for at least a week at a time. Jesus, Kaylan give me her number, I'll send her an anonymous text!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go wax my facial hair and pluck my brows.

• Like 3
Rejected Rosebud

I suppose you could try a humorous approach like for instance when you're watching TV and an ad for shave cream comes up you could say, hey dude have you ever tried that brand? Or invite her to the barber shop to have a his & her shave! Seriously if you can be really light and funny about it it might be doable!

• Like 2
You're joking aren't you? Yes, this is satire, no? I mean I'm sorry but what kind of woman gets that pissed over a guy she's seeing asking her to shave her mustache that she cuts off contact??Jesus, 3 minutes of Nair and a q-tip would solve this problem painlessly for at least a week at a time. Jesus, Kaylan give me her number, I'll send her an anonymous text!

i would. omg, i would be humiliated and embarrassed and never want to see him again. i'd solve it, but he'd never see that. lol

To me, nose hair sticking out of my nostrils and upper lip hair on a woman are equivalent.

If having nose hairs was seen as very feminine, then you might have a point.

• Like 3

:laugh:

But thus far, a woman he is merely dating, has asked her to shave/trim her private parts and she complied. Now it's onto her facial hair...