How to ask a woman to shave

kaylan

:laugh:

But thus far, a woman he is merely dating, has asked her to shave/trim her private parts and she complied. Now it's onto her facial hair...

The saga continues....dun dun duuuuunnnnnn!

• Like 2
  • Author

But thus far, a woman he is merely dating, has asked her to shave/trim her private parts and she complied. Now it's onto her facial hair...

I thought simple grooming was expected in dating?:p

Though I expected the responses received from some LS women (I knew itd be a big deal to a portion of folks). I doubt the woman I am dating will be put off by any of this...but Im just trying to be careful with her feelings and not run with that assumption.

• Like 1
  • Author
It's actually quite accurate. I tend to groom all over, including the under the nose fuzzies.

Could it perhaps be a cultural thing? In any event, I would say unless you are her boyfriend (hypothetically speaking), best to keep your mouth shut.:bunny:

I wont keep my mouth shut.

And your early comparison of penis enlargement pills to simple hair maintenance is plain silly and incorrect. How about comparing grooming to other grooming habits?

The saga continues....dun dun duuuuunnnnnn!

Ya. What's next...let me twiddle my thumbs as I conjure up some ideas.

Butthair. :eek:

• Like 2
  • Author
i would. omg, i would be humiliated and embarrassed and never want to see him again. i'd solve it, but he'd never see that. lol

Luckily I don't tend to date women with such fragile egos. Plus the sexual chemistry between her and I is pretty great. Trust that she won't be giving that up because I make a simple hair comment.

I thought simple grooming was expected in dating?:p

Though I expected the responses received from some LS women (I knew itd be a big deal to a portion of folks). I doubt the woman I am dating will be put off by any of this...but Im just trying to be careful with her feelings and not run with that assumption.

I dunno Kaylan... Just seems like you're not feeling oh too physically attracted to her current appearance, genital wise and now facial wise. But hey, maybe she won't care either way.

Stranger things have happened. :bunny:

• Like 1
If having nose hairs was seen as very feminine, then you might have a point.

No, it's ugly. And it shows that the person doesn't care about their grooming.

That's how I see nose hairs on men and facial hair on women being equivalent.

Why not ask her to do both at the same time? :p

Hey, can you shave your pubes and your stash?

One of my friends in high school (VERY pretty girl, guys chased her like crazy) got dumped over the blonde hairs on her lip. He refused to kiss her and finally just gave up and dumped her after 2 weeks.

Ever since then, I've made sure to wax mine off.

• Like 1

Why not ask her to do both at the same time? :p

Hey, can you shave your pubes and your stash?

Ha. Or, they shave each other maybe make it a fun date night.:bunny:

• Like 1
Ha. Or, they shave each other maybe make it a fun date night.:bunny:

Heh, I always wondered what it would be like to shave a woman. Though I'm worried I'd probably turn her into a bloody mess :o

• Like 1
  • Author
One of my friends in high school (VERY pretty girl, guys chased her like crazy) got dumped over the blonde hairs on her lip. He refused to kiss her and finally just gave up and dumped her after 2 weeks.

Ever since then, I've made sure to wax mine off.

Jeeeez, that's rough. I wouldn't just go and dump a girl over this. Id simply talk to her about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if that high school dude was more concerned about what others thought about it, and thus why he was quick to dump her.

I dunno Kaylan... Just seems like you're not feeling oh too physically attracted to her current appearance, genital wise and now facial wise. But hey, maybe she won't care either way.

Stranger things have happened. :bunny:

???? So because I prefer trimmed pubic hair over something that's too bushy, it means I don't like her pussy? For the record I very much like how she looks and tastes down there.

Secondly, I enjoy kissing her and she's a cutiepie, but that doesn't mean I have to like whiskers on a lady. Clearly people have missed the post where I said there was really good sexual chemistry.

Its body hair people. Its not a big deal. If a girl wanted me to maintain my hair a little better...or to trim my nails...its an easy task. I wouldn't take it to mean she wasn't attracted to me. Jeez...its a shame so many women in the world have such fragile egos. Good thing the girl Im dating can be a bit conceited at times.

Edited by kaylan
Luckily I don't tend to date women with such fragile egos. Plus the sexual chemistry between her and I is pretty great. Trust that she won't be giving that up because I make a simple hair comment.

well, you certainly sound like a great guy, so i'm sure she'll be happy however you plan to tell her

• Like 2
Its body hair people. Its not a big deal.

With all due respect, if it's that easy, why post about it then?

You asked in your first message how women would want to be asked this question—are you really so shocked by everyone's answers? Like everything else, some women care and some don't. The body can be an incredible source of shame—hair, wrinkles, pimples, cellulite, etc. People want to be accepted for who they are, and it can be hard to hear that someone you like finds something about you unattractive. If she responds negatively, your question is probably triggering something deeper for her—maybe body hair has been an issue for her her whole life; maybe she's been teased about it or mocked; maybe she's embarrassed that she can grow a moustache. There's also a myriad of reason why she hasn't done anything about it. Maybe it's such a source of embarrassment she doesn't even want to deal with it. Maybe she hasn't had time, or needs to buy more hair remover. Maybe she just doesn't care.

Anyway, I don't think you're wrong to care. And I think it's cool that you're wanting to know how best to go about it. I'm not sure how I'd want to be asked. I get some hairs on my upper lip too, from time to time, and I sure as heck take care of them as soon as I notice them. If the guy I dated said something about them, it would probably confirm to me that it is in fact disgusting. It wouldn't make me break up with him, though.

Sensitive topic, sure. But best to be honest.

• Like 2

OH lol :lmao:

I thought you were alluding to public hair in the thread title....

I wasn't expecting this!

I sort of don't grasp how a female isn't clued up about... facial hair? If they have it then not many males will find them attractive? It severely limits their dating pool?

It is so easily solved too!

• Like 1

Then you're completely missing the point, of course.

• Like 2
Then you're completely missing the point, of course.

It's about shaving off unsightly hairs. There is no bigger point.

Kaylan, if you really know her that well and know she won't be offended, then why are you asking us? Do/say whatever you feel best.

Seriously?

Are some women really that weak that they would get offended if a guy they were dating told them that he's put off by the hair on her upper lip and would like her to remove it?

It's not about being weak, it's about preferences. Just as you and the OP are entitled to your preferences re: body hair on women, women are also entitled to their preferences re: what the men they are dating say and do. To me, someone who would make a request like this in the early stages is really not going to be compatible with me, so why bother? Of course, there are also women who would be fine with such a request at such a stage (just like there are guys who don't care all that much about body/facial hair).

• Like 3
It's about shaving off unsightly hairs. There is no bigger point.

No, it's about asking someone to remove unsightly hairs. The reason why it's so embarrassing is because having hair on your upper lip is seen as masculine. There is no equivalent for men.

• Like 5
No, it's about asking someone to remove unsightly hairs. The reason why it's so embarrassing is because having hair on your upper lip is seen as masculine. There is no equivalent for men.

Honestly, I never thought of having upper lip hair on a woman being masculine. I see it the same as if a woman had very thick eyebrows or a unibrow.

I just feel that hair on the face needs to be contained. To let it get bad shows poor grooming habits.

• Author

She's right bro.

Which is why this thread exists. If it was just about removing hair, I wouldn't need this thread. Id simply bring this up to the girl Im seeing (like I did with our pubic hair). However, as lip hair is seen as masculine throughout most societies, I want to be sensitive to the girl's feelings while still addressing this.

There really is no direct male equivalent here.

• Like 5

Having moobs is the closest thing I can think of, although you can't shave or wax them off.

• Like 2
Jeeeez, that's rough. I wouldn't just go and dump a girl over this. Id simply talk to her about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if that high school dude was more concerned about what others thought about it, and thus why he was quick to dump her.

???? So because I prefer trimmed pubic hair over something that's too bushy, it means I don't like her pussy? For the record I very much like how she looks and tastes down there.

Secondly, I enjoy kissing her and she's a cutiepie, but that doesn't mean I have to like whiskers on a lady. Clearly people have missed the post where I said there was really good sexual chemistry.

Its body hair people. Its not a big deal. If a girl wanted me to maintain my hair a little better...or to trim my nails...its an easy task. I wouldn't take it to mean she wasn't attracted to me. Jeez...its a shame so many women in the world have such fragile egos. Good thing the girl Im dating can be a bit conceited at times.

Maybe, your finger nails aren't a source of insecurity for you. Maybe, let's say, something else about your physical appearance is...

The point is that you have no idea how this woman feels about her facial hair. Just because it doesn't seem like a big deal to you may not be the case for her so get over yourself.

I know women who are very much into beauty etc. but have moustaches that I guess they're not aware of or don't care about. It's probably not as obvious to the woman as some of you (mainly men) are claiming it to be. They tend to be very fine, soft hairs that appear over time.

Lernaean_Hydra
Heh, I always wondered what it would be like to shave a woman. Though I'm worried I'd probably turn her into a bloody mess :o

Oh god :eek:. Please, please don't ever try this!