What is chemistry, and how does a guy inspire it?

I would definitely recommend against continuing flirting with girls who have made it clear they don't want more than friendship.

It shows that you have trouble respecting/understanding personal boundaries. As a woman I would be thinking "WTF is up with this flirty behaviour I thought I made it clear I just wanted friendship. Time to go into bitch mode/cut all unnecessary contact."

• Like 10

For the love of Pete, do NOT flirt with women who told you they are not romantically interested. That is your verbal cue to back off and keep everything you say and do strictly PLATONIC.

Guys who ignore this and barge on flirting are the ones deemed creepy, annoying and that's how you get blocked.

Then that girl tells her friends, and then her friends block you.

Please, PLEASE don't be that dude, SomeDude.

I'm surprised at this answer.

Since they've already established they aren't interested in dating, flirting would just be fun and harmless.

So why should I save the pointless flirting for girls I have a chance with? Doesn't that defeat the entire point of flirting without a goal in mind?

You are surprised this is the answer when NO ONE ELSE is. That should be a sign that you should listen to people here more often. Despite the beliefs you cling to, they are often not the same as reality. If you listened more to people here, you would be further along in your dating development.

• Like 2
I'm surprised at this answer.

Since they've already established they aren't interested in dating, flirting would just be fun and harmless.

So why should I save the pointless flirting for girls I have a chance with? Doesn't that defeat the entire point of flirting without a goal in mind?

But they will probably be thinking: "I thought we'd established that we were only going to be friends. What is he doing?"

• Like 1
  • Author
But they will probably be thinking: "I thought we'd established that we were only going to be friends. What is he doing?"

Trying to brighten up their day and make them feel good about themselves?

Not when they've established that they only want to be friends.

• Like 2

Being flirted with by male friends who showed interest at some stage doesn't not make us feel good about ourselves. It makes us feel uncomfortable and sorry for them.

• Like 1

As a man I can't believe so many men have to have this stuff explained to them. They're so oblivious about women.

Do you observe women at ALL, guys or just check out their ass?

• Like 3

Chemistry is either there or not and if it's there it happens right before you even speak (in my experience and more than once).

It cannot be 'inspired' in any way.

If it isn't there then no matter what, that person will not be terribly interested.

Learning body language and facial expressions helps a heck of a lot on this but I remember a post where you said that it was too complicated for you to even consider learning about SD.

Body language and facial expressions (learning of) are also pretty vital to lasting relationships and also future friendships and very much so crucial to your future working relationships.

True but a woman can put you in one of 3 categories upon first meeting:

Interested

No way-ever

On Hold-depending on your future actions she may start liking you. But you go in this category only if after initial rebuff, you are unconcerned and go about your business. If you get all hurt you go to cat 2

as far as body lang a lot of it is very very obvious-if a woman keeps looking away from you, at her watch, etc, STOP. Please just STOP. If she turns her body away that means NO. If she makes quick, jerky motions that means she is uncomfortable and wants you GONE.

If she toys with her hair/ears etc that means interest.

No I've seen good looking men scramble for years trying to get a date.

It's confidence and emotional self sufficiency.

Ditto for women.

• Like 1
s far as body lang a lot of it is very very obvious-if a woman keeps looking away from you, at her watch, etc, STOP. Please just STOP. If she turns her body away that means NO. If she makes quick, jerky motions that means she is uncomfortable and wants you GONE.

If she toys with her hair/ears etc that means interest.

I went on a first meet.

It was throwing it down outside and even having an umbrella did not save my natural curls from feeling 'UGH!'

I spent the night playing with my hair. It was bugging me.

I did not find the guy attractive.

I texted him that night to say we were not a match but that it was a fun night (btw - shared cost - I always do) but he texted me the next day asking for another date.

Playing with hair is not an indication of a woman liking a guy.

I went on a first meet.

It was throwing it down outside and even having an umbrella did not save my natural curls from feeling 'UGH!'

I spent the night playing with my hair. It was bugging me.

I did not find the guy attractive.

I texted him that night to say we were not a match but that it was a fun night (btw - shared cost - I always do) but he texted me the next day asking for another date.

Playing with hair is not an indication of a woman liking a guy.

In this instance you were not 'playing' with your hair-you were uncomfortable and trying to tame it.

Totally different.

In this instance you were not 'playing' with your hair-you were uncomfortable and trying to tame it.

Totally different.

So licking my fingers and twizzling strands to re- liven the curl cream/gel to get the defined curls back is not seen as flirty by those who see hair playing as flirty?

This is only what I do of course, every woman looks after their hair differently.

Yes.

Flirty is twirling the hair for no reason.

If you have a reason and are trying to repair a hairdo that is not flirty and the facial expression will confirm it.

Playing with hair-flirty-with smile

Fixing hair-determined look-not flirty

Personality is more important to women than looks

We need to be attracted physically in some way/s initially.

Then we wait and see what the physical has to offer and at the same time we wait and see what the personality is like.

Yes.

Flirty is twirling the hair for no reason.

If you have a reason and are trying to repair a hairdo that is not flirty and the facial expression will confirm it.

Playing with hair-flirty-with smile

Fixing hair-determined look-not flirty

If my hair gets in a state due to rain I laugh about it whilst twiddling a bit...maybe I should not laugh....if I don't wanna get in his pants.. (darn the emoticons won't work! I was trying to post a laugh!)

You aren't very observant then, are you?

I've never observed a good looking woman sit unappraoched for very long. I've never seen a good looking woman trying to buy drinks at a bar unsuccessfully. I've never seen a good looking woman rebuffed. I can't observe what doesn't exist.

That gets seriously tired, seriously quickly.

Right but they were talking about younger women

And yes even for them it gets old fast

A good looking guy with not much personality will get old whether the girl is 15 or 55

That gets seriously tired, seriously quickly.

Yet..most girls and adult women seem to have an allure for this.

What Is Chemistry?

Chemistry is the study of matter and energy and the interactions between them. This is also the definition for physics, by the way. Chemistry and physics are specializations of physical science. Chemistry tends to focus on the properties of substances and the interactions between different types of matter, particularly reactions that involve electrons. Physics tends to focus more on the nuclear part of the atom, as well as the subatomic realm. Really, they are two sides of the same coin.

• Like 1
Yet..most girls and adult women seem to have an allure for this.

What Is Chemistry?

Chemistry is the study of matter and energy and the interactions between them. This is also the definition for physics, by the way. Chemistry and physics are specializations of physical science. Chemistry tends to focus on the properties of substances and the interactions between different types of matter, particularly reactions that involve electrons. Physics tends to focus more on the nuclear part of the atom, as well as the subatomic realm. Really, they are two sides of the same coin.

Yep diff types of matter being men and women. Electrons being approaching. If a male atom approaches a female atom the chemical reaction will not occur. The female has to donate the electrons.

And by approach I mean a physical sign she is definitely interested like staring right in your eyes for extended periods.