Opportunities that have arisen in ONE DAY'S worth of job searching. Impressed.

You give me whiplash. :D

I think it's great that you are focusing on your studies. That's a good thing. Although, I guess you are now changing your focus. So no more youth diploma? Frankly, you aren't too old to do whatever you want to do. I got my advanced degree and completely changed careers when I was your age. You should study what you want to study. I fear that you are not going to be pleased with a low paying job, no matter how altruistic you believe you are. Are you sure about this path? Can you do some free volunteer work at an assisted living home to make sure this is what you want?

Since you aren't starting school until September, and you aren't starting the volunteer thing until the end of August, I don't really see the harm in trying to work for the next six weeks. Did none of the opportunities you mentioned above pan out? Can you work in your parents' store?

• Author

I have the marks to get into law, Occupational therapy, anything I want besides medicine. Plus I know I am not into engineering or business.

I desperately want to talk to a professional career counsellor.

I did so well in school and I want to pursue a degree that perhaps is a little hard, but that is in a burgeoning industry that is the most likely to make me employable.

Occupational therapy or nursing are degrees I can handle with my academic aptitude however, I would need to skip the math related courses for a year while I got math tutoring twice a week for one hour each time. I have the money for tutoring........

Online it says that the most likely degrees in Australia to secure a job in the years to come, are; HEALTH degrees, tech head degrees, accounting, MATHAMETICS TEACHING (other teaching fields like primary school are SO HARD to get jobs though).

HEALTH degrees are the ones I can do, I am passionate about and will most likely land me a professional career job.

I need to get to my local Uni and talk to a counsellor ASAP.

I want to do the aged care thing so I can simply work in a professional job WHILE I study, as I DO NOT want to wait two or three more years for a bachelors degree BEFORE finally becoming a professional.

The aged care diploma is at your own pace online. It is one of the top growing job markets predicted for years to come. It is a professional career I know 100% I can do. And it wont take as long as a degree.

I got high distinctions in chemistry and life sciences in high school...It is math that I have not done in over 15 years.

I prefer more science, chemistry and biology related degrees to pure essay writing honestly, I like a mixture of science that is not TOO rocket science like, combined with essays BUT not a degree that is 100% essay writing such as community development...........

I thrive most on a part science part essay driven degree... such as nursing. OR health sciences.

The math involved is not calculus level math, it is the most basic University level math for nursing; nursing involves more science based subjects.

I have a lot of thinking to do.

You only get one life.

I did well at school and think I have what it takes to become a professional in a field I enjoy and will not pay such a low wage........

The only SECURE thing right now is the aged care; it is fast, the number one growing industry in Australia in terms of job availability, and it is a legit professional job opposed trying to get hospitality based work.

So I can fulfil my dream of becoming a professional whilst I .... do a degree that is likely to land a job, and is a stable income job.

I have a lot to think about.

• Author

Please tell me it is not too late to pursue a legitimate career.

Community development was a short and easy degree.

I got 93% in my college entrance score, should I not let my hard work go to waste?

Even if at my age I need math tutoring, since health related degrees are one of the top growing industries in Australia, is it TOO LATE at my age to go after a professional career of my dreams?

Community development would yield a low paying job UNLESS I went on to do a masters in something, like HR. Then I could get into management.

Should I stick the community development degree out and then simply do a masters?

community development is a worthless degree UNLESS you do a masters and UNLESS you have some sort of diploma in conjunction to the degree.

I am so confused and want to go after the degree that is the MOST promising in terms of job prospects, and I have the intellect to complete.

I think I need to talk to a professional. Calling the Uni now.

I would not do an online degree, I would do it face to face if I choose to pursue a degree in the health fields........

It is a dream of mine to .. do a degree of my dreams, but I just assumed I was too old...

I couldn't tell my parents they think I only have two years left LOL. They want me to just FINISH a degree. They don't care which one.

The best thing I could do is talk to a professional at this stage. I really don't want my good entrance grades to go to waste, when these marks could really get me into a more promising career OPOSED to community development......

• Author

I have just booked myself into therapy for once a month; ongoing, long term.

I feel like more guidance during this time is needed, more than friends and myself can do at this stage.

I am definitely doing a diploma at your own pace style, along with the best degree that will most likely gain me employment.

I need to do the best degree possible at this stage in life not just he easiest one because my parents think it is best for me.

I could really use some encouragement here..... I just want to do the best I can based on my intellectual ability.

TigerLilly78

SO PLEASE, no more " well you just quit jobs" crap. I quit because I have dignity and wont work for slave labour wages, and I believe I am worth a basic, minimum wage job.

...[/b]

I never made any comments on your live in thread Leigh I did how ever read it and I never understood why you chose to take a job that was suposidley so horrid when you knew exactly what the terms were before hand.

To me if your going to be a full time student maybe its best to focus on that? I think I saw you have a place to live in your parents flat? so perhaps being so lucky in that respect you might want to take the time to really get into your school work..

• Like 1
I could really use some encouragement here..... I just want to do the best I can based on my intellectual ability.

Leigh, the honest truth, why do you care so much what is being said on here? It's hard for people to encourage you here because you are so just, everywhere. It's like you have multiple personalities that are struggling with one another, while at the same time your train of thinking and logic seems to just spin around so out there, it is impossible to follow.

Glinda's post has a lot of weight and you should really re-read it and not take it as a personal attack. She has actual work in experience in this type of field, that is worth so much more than something you learned in class. Going to college doesn't make you any kind of expert in a field, it just gets your foot in the door. I think the therapy may do you some good, because right now your mind just seems to be racing.

• Like 6

Hi Leigh,

I am following your threads and have added my Aussie dollars worth when i thought i could. I think it is time to concentrate on one thing now. Education education education as the good Mr Blair once said. I think you should switch to a more humanities based degree? Care work is not something i could ever do and saw at first hand how this profession looked after my dad while he was busy dying. (They were incredible), they had 8 to 10 people to care for each day. 15 plus hour days at least. They were also emotionally conected to their patients, not brusque and efficent but had the `human touch. Near the end Dad was so sick of the family he looked forwrd to them coming! Think what i am saying is this kind of work is vocational. You have to love it to do it.

With a humanities based program you could branch out into more different fields. You have a very active and racing mind, could be more suited? Just a thought.

Do you really need to work if your parents can support you through study? I had a series of interesting and dodgy part time jobs to keep me in ciggies and other such substances when i was at university. My parents had no money to keep me in trainers and expensive but important t shirts. If they were in the position to do so, they would have done at the drop of 20 malboro lights!

Would it not be better to have a full time focus on study instead of breaking your back with a series of irritating jobs? I think you will be heading in the right direction if you can do `just one thing`.

You are not too old to get a career but just slow down a bit. I have seen very good advice here from other posters. There are no attacks and the fact that they are still here posting means they want to to succeed.

Keep going.

• Like 6

Hopefully therapy will give you some clarity.

Things can change rather quickly and I am not too sure on the focus on being a "professional". If you are good at maths and science then taking a bridging course should bring you up to speed pretty quickly. If you did well in these subjects in school there isn't any reason why you wouldn't do well at uni. Not a huge amount has changed.

Personally I think you should always study what interest you rather than being driven but the current job market as it can change very quickly.

Aged care is an expanding industry - but mostly at the coal face rather than in the "professional" level roles.

My background is health - I have an applied science degree, worked clinically then went into research. I am now a consultant in the private sector. I have had so many different roles, all loosely linked to health and social services and each has taught me something new.

There are benefits to being flexible and keeping and open mind. Your ideal job my yet to be invented. I really disliked my graduate area, there were parts of it that were not suited to my personality but it didn't become apparent until I was on clinical practice.

So consider that it is that you don't like about working with toddlers (their unpredictability, unable to communicate, inflexibility, whatever it was that rubbed you the wrong way) and write that down.

Those things you identify are what you need to avoid in a job - not necessarily toddlers.

• Author

I think it is bonkers to assume that hating toddlers means I am not compassionate or patient towards older Australians.

It is utterly ridiculous to assume things about me simply because I hated a toddler and his family for being tight asses and paying me less than half the Aussie minimum wage. People like that are disgusting. Those are MY values. They don't have to be yours, you can think people are totally normal and nice when they are the types of people who pay people within their own country less than half of what they legally should be getting. And no, even under the table it is still less than half what those who get minimum wage full time get WITH declaring tax. More than one agency has demanded I report her actually. They were also disgusted.

At a young age I had to care for a girl with severe cb, and I mean SEVERE. I saw what her mother went through as she couldn't afford a carer. I know the things I will have to deal with older Australians. I talked to many aged care practitioners and not ONE of them agreed that older people throw the same tantrums as toddlers. I hate toddlers in general, not just when they throw tantrums!

I very much like older Australians where as I dislike toddlers even when they don't throw tantrums. I just plain don't like toddlers. Where as I like older people and don't care even if they throw massive tantrums.

I have found in life that the groups of people I hate I cannot tolerate anything about; greedy people, people who are not kind or generous for instance. On the other hand, people I appreciate I can tolerate a LOT more from, I have tolerated bitch tantrums from women I like because I like them overall, even when they are totally unreasonable.

People are stupidly mistaking my dislike of toddlers, ALL toddlers, in general to mean that I am intolerant of MANY people of all ages which is not the case, and I am in fact very patient with others...

Plenty of carers I know of personally hate kids and toddlers. When people said my hatred of stupid toddlers was indicative of the level of compassion and tolerance I have towards OTHER subsets of Australians, all the carers I told this to laughed and thought it was absurd; two carers agreed that they cannot stand toddlers, hated kids, and yet would go above and BEYOND to help their disabled and older clients..............

• Author

Anyways, I think it is fitting that people who actually KNOW me in real life, all think I should do an aged care diploma this year.

In regards to my degree, which I have done one year of all up so far instead of online study, I have decided to go back to the University of ________ and study full time.

I have missed out on second semester offers for this year for my local University so have two choices; do online studies this September, with online universities, or wait until next year, do a diploma this year and focus on volunteer work, and then next year start semester one.

The plus side of this plan is: I can get he diploma out of the way and have more options once I start college next year.

We all know that certain things make your degree go further; things like volunteer work which I start on the 27th of Aug, having additional qualifications related to your field, and having worked during your degree, even part time.

I feel scared in thinking that just doing a bachelors degree will help me in life. Obviously it is nowhere near enough, just as important as the degree is how hard you work to get experience before you graduate.

• Author

In terms of the degree, I have a feeling it with be in the health field with an element of helping other people but not with as poor of a career earning potential as social work or working in community development.

I have an overwhelming sense that doing an easy degree will have repercussions; you get what you pay for in life. A super easy degree that anyone could pass = a lower paying job and less earning potential UNLESS you do a masters.

I don't want to do a law degree which I have the marks to get into, however; I could handle a health science degree that has SOME science but is not hard core. Not the full on, hardest science out there by any stretch, but still demanding enough to make it harder than bare essay writing degrees. Doing a less demanding and much cheaper diploma this year will enable me to have time to hire a tutor, and also pay for one due to my part time income! I have the remainder of this year and some of next year to prepare for 2015, semester one, starting early March.

I started a food science degree and LOVED IT besides the math, as I couldn't even remember basic math.

They only made you do math for 6 months. And NOT at a calculus level. I just had not done math for over 15 years, I needed to have probably been getting a tutor for a year or 6 months if I did two tutoring sessions for two hours each per week.

Whichever degree I get into, lets face it. If it is going to be a worthwhile degree with more prospects, it is likely doing to be a little more full on than social science or social work.

Here's hoping that the remainder of this year is sufficient time for me to get he tutoring I need for the degree ahead.

It will either be a nursing, health science or food science degree.

All are three years.

I wasn't ready for it the first time I did it, but with a math and science tutor I am sure I will manage. After all, one subject everyone else found very hard and had a 70% fail rate, I passed with flying colours.

I got a math tutor for my food science degree but only after the degree started, when I badly needed it before hand.

You don't use math in a health science degree, it is mostly science from what I can recall, perhaps I could do that?

The career guide will know best. Based on my past, my aptitude for science versus essay writing and whatever degree is in the biggest area of growth career wise.......

I have the rest of this year to settle down and focus on the bachelors. Earn some money......etc.

• Author
Hopefully therapy will give you some clarity.

Things can change rather quickly and I am not too sure on the focus on being a "professional". If you are good at maths and science then taking a bridging course should bring you up to speed pretty quickly. If you did well in these subjects in school there isn't any reason why you wouldn't do well at uni. Not a huge amount has changed.

I was never "good" and I hate physics and will not do a degree which contains hard math or physics. However, I enjoyed chemistry and was naturally adept at memorizing ANYTHING biology. Average at math, will only do soft math which health science degrees contain mostly (hard math is left for engineering and accounting).

Personally I think you should always study what interest you rather than being driven but the current job market as it can change very quickly.

Science (bio and earth science are my favourites) and helping people, in short. They are my passions academically.

Nursing and health science degrees can amount to helping people. Plus I am about to start an aged care diploma this year so I can get my fix of helping people in a full on manner via the aged care work. Or volunteering.

I could always volunteer and get my fix of community service I feel a duty to give and feel the most proud of in terms of my personal fulfilment, and then have a PAID CAREER based in the sciences and health sectors......

I made the mistake of pursuing an honours degree in Social Work, when I could have done a better paid field and just volunteered as a means of helping people.

Aged care is an expanding industry - but mostly at the coal face rather than in the "professional" level roles.

It is considered a professional job here; you learn skills that are valuable and of demand. A professional career is on in which skills are learnt to a certain extent.

My background is health - I have an applied science degree, worked clinically then went into research. I am now a consultant in the private sector. I have had so many different roles, all loosely linked to health and social services and each has taught me something new.

Was is science focused or did they force hard math on you? I am only willing to learn basic math, my focus is on chemistry and biology. With only the basic math to get me by.

There are benefits to being flexible and keeping and open mind. Your ideal job my yet to be invented. I really disliked my graduate area, there were parts of it that were not suited to my personality but it didn't become apparent until I was on clinical practice.

So consider that it is that you don't like about working with toddlers (their unpredictability, unable to communicate, inflexibility, whatever it was that rubbed you the wrong way) and write that down.

Those things you identify are what you need to avoid in a job - not necessarily toddlers.

Honestly I have friends of all ages who have been annoying, including my great aunt who turned batty and demented before she passed; it NEVER Phased me!

I have always disliked toddlers in general. Everyone thinks they are little angels while I always though they were not cute at all.

I dislike them for the strain they put on your life I guess hence why I don't want kids.

Plenty of things about toddlers I can absolutely tolerate in other people or settings.

I was not aware that there is an easy, `degree`, something that is easy for one is hard for another. Would you consider a Political science degree easy? I would consider a degree in nursing hard.

A degree is a discipline that shows an employer you can actually stick at something longer than 5 minutes.

My peer group all studied different things at university, some of us did further degrees. Some did not, some became Doctors, lawyers, Healthcare professionals, Teachers, Scientists, Journalists’, Coach, drivers, Warehouse managers, Started their own businesses, Public service announcers at Charing Cross station. Hell some even went in to the Fashion industry.

Some went from 3 years of teaching to high level management positions in multinationals.

Some went from high level corporate managers to middle earning teachers.

Some went from driving the coach to owning a fleet of coaches.

Some disappeared in haze of narcotics and good times in Goa, only to return and become estate agents so they could do it all again.

I think your focus should not be on constantly money. Choose something you will enjoy and stick at it. Put the work in. Get your head down and what you want will come.

In terms of the degree, I have a feeling it with be in the health field with an element of helping other people but not with as poor of a career earning potential as social work or working in community development.

I have an overwhelming sense that doing an easy degree will have repercussions; you get what you pay for in life. A super easy degree that anyone could pass = a lower paying job and less earning potential UNLESS you do a masters.

I don't want to do a law degree which I have the marks to get into, however; I could handle a health science degree that has SOME science but is not hard core. Not the full on, hardest science out there by any stretch, but still demanding enough to make it harder than bare essay writing degrees. Doing a less demanding and much cheaper diploma this year will enable me to have time to hire a tutor, and also pay for one due to my part time income! I have the remainder of this year and some of next year to prepare for 2015, semester one, starting early March.

I started a food science degree and LOVED IT besides the math, as I couldn't even remember basic math.

They only made you do math for 6 months. And NOT at a calculus level. I just had not done math for over 15 years, I needed to have probably been getting a tutor for a year or 6 months if I did two tutoring sessions for two hours each per week.

Whichever degree I get into, lets face it. If it is going to be a worthwhile degree with more prospects, it is likely doing to be a little more full on than social science or social work.

Here's hoping that the remainder of this year is sufficient time for me to get he tutoring I need for the degree ahead.

It will either be a nursing, health science or food science degree.

All are three years.

I wasn't ready for it the first time I did it, but with a math and science tutor I am sure I will manage. After all, one subject everyone else found very hard and had a 70% fail rate, I passed with flying colours.

I got a math tutor for my food science degree but only after the degree started, when I badly needed it before hand.

You don't use math in a health science degree, it is mostly science from what I can recall, perhaps I could do that?

The career guide will know best. Based on my past, my aptitude for science versus essay writing and whatever degree is in the biggest area of growth career wise.......

I have the rest of this year to settle down and focus on the bachelors. Earn some money......etc.

• Like 1
  • Author

I am considering applying to get into a law degree. The law degree IS NOT JUST law - it is ALWAYS a double degree.

So I could do social science majoring in welfare/ and a law degree in the span of four years.

I just figured, I tried to hard in high school and got 92% and law is only 90 to get considered for.....I mean, if other people had the marks, surely they would feel privileged to get entrance granted into a law degree? Insofar as law is concerned, I enjoy earth science/environmental science and welfare and human rights so surely a law degree would be transient into an area of interest to me? Where there is passion there is more of a fire, yes?

Either that or I will just do a health related field and have more time to work since I will have more of a life than I would doing the law degree. I am very fired up and adamant that I want to make up for lost time career wise, HOWEVER, the health related fields seem to be a much more in demand job market .

I can either do an aged care diploma between now and college semester one next year, get degree in the area of health science which is one of the most growing and in demand industries, and work as an aged carer part time whilst studying full time.

OR

DO the law double degree and have NO LIFE or chance to work (since I do not have to work and get gov study benefits that more than support me since I live at home!)

I will ask the career guidance counsellor. It is all about what will MOST LIKELY land me a job and a secure career path (of course if I work hard)

Leigh...

I think you should make a proper list (or mind map) of the options you are considering. Do something like:

Option 1: Social science degree

Pros: etc etc

Cons: etc etc

Option 2: Law degree

And so on and so forth. When you get new 'epiphanies', go back to the list and modify/add accordingly. This way you will consolidate your decision-making in one place, instead of having your thoughts unravel unchecked.

I get that people have their own ways of making decisions, but your method isn't working - you're all over the place and not only do you change your mind wildly every few weeks, you have been doing so for the past several years. This will help you impose some structure on your thoughts and hopefully help you finally decide on and stick to something.

Edited by Elswyth
TigerLilly78

People are trying to be kind and patient on here from what ive seen Leigh and you have gotten some sound advice. I agree with others the counseling is a good way to go keep that up. Fair enough you don't like little kids not every one is cut out for them. But like others said aged elderly can be just as hard to deal with something to really consider..

• Like 2
  • Author

I do not want to do a social work degree. Ever.

Social work or Social science (majoring in welfare) or arts/community development

CONS: very limited chance to ever increase your earning potential UNLESS you go on and do a masters in something like HR or business, and end up in management within a non for profit organisation or management in any company that involves human services...... I should imagine.

Low paid.

PROS: helping people. many areas of interest to me. No hard science or math. If you work hard you pass without having to entrench formulas or hard science types of setbacks...

Nursing

PROS: one of the degrees that lands you a job fairly easily IF you work hard and do volunteer experience, in say aged care or as a phone crisis counsellor

I could work part time in aged care as I studied and earn income before graduating

CONS: emotionally taxing and night shifts may be the only shifts on offer/must learn to adapt your circadian rhythm

WOULD NEED A LOT OF MATH TUTORING and I would get chemistry tutoring because chemistry is challenging

Biology is the only subject I would get through scott free.

Law, double degree

PROS:

There are many areas of law and you can pick what interests you

You can help people

You do a double degree and therefore a degree like social science that would be of interest to me than pure law based subjects

Having two degrees rolled into one gives you more career prospects; do you want to be a lawyer OR work in welfare with your social science degree taking precedence?

High earning potential if you work hard and want to go further career wise

Most jobs are at least MEDIUM income and not low paid jobs, even though many law grads do not turn out to be high flying lawyers, a great deal of them tend to end up in OKAY paying jobs

I have heard law offers a variety of career paths beyond just being a lawyer

CONS: no life, much to read, no days off, no slacking no time for part time work unless you have a high IQ and NEED to work to survive

• Like 1
  • Author
People are trying to be kind and patient on here from what ive seen Leigh and you have gotten some sound advice. I agree with others the counseling is a good way to go keep that up. Fair enough you don't like little kids not every one is cut out for them. But like others said aged elderly can be just as hard to deal with something to really consider..

I hate toddlers because there is just something about them IN GENERAL I dislike immensely.

However, I am HIGHLY tolerant of abusive and annoying people of all ages BESIDES toddlers.

When I was ten I helped look after a severely disabled girl who absolutely loved me. She constantly asked where I was.

Since I was 10 I was unsure and uncomfortable initially but after years of spending time with her, I look after her when she threw tantrums, crapped her pants, screamed and didn't make sense....

I spent HOURS pretending to slam into a wall so she would laugh.

I am a lot more compassionate than most people, I have always had a lot of time to give to listening and tolerating challenges people throw at me.

I am the friend who is there to listen at 3am and miss sleep if I have a friend in need, even if it is a person I have not known for long and who isn't even a friend.

I honestly give a great deal more though and energy into helping people around me, I know many people in the aged care profession and I do NOT think my hatred of toddlers has ANTYHING to do with my ability to care for the aged, I don't CARE If an old person throws a tantrum it is JUST TODDLERS who I cannot stand doing those things.

• Author

Nursing

- aged care and health are the number one growing industries with one of the highest post degree employment rates in Australia

- I am actually passionate about sciences that pertain to biology and chemistry. I hate hard math and physics though, neither of which is in nursing (basic math only)

- of all the health careers, nursing is my only fit; science degrees are generally considered useless UNLESS you become a doctor, to a masters in science and become quiet the expert; you have to do further study in science based degrees to ever earn a decent salary.

- I could do an aged care certificate this year, get a job in my area since it is THE most growing industry and ONE of the most likely professions to land you a job

- the aged care work could be something I do part time whilst nursing; prospective employers may look more favourably upon me, a woman who works as a carer to elderly, when they are looking for nurses

- whilst demanding, nursing isn't as time consuming as say, law, and would allow me to work part time

- I start phone crisis counselling volunteer work soon. This has a lot to do with mental health problems since these are the top people who call in and need assistance in a crisis

- it is a challenging degree, I would need MATH TUTORING, but the math is not ongoing as a subject and you only do pure math for 6 months to one year of the entire degree.

- it has a high rate of employment after graduating

- it is hard but the science isn't heading towards PHD level you can earn a salary without having to become an expert, as is the case with science based degrees in Australia where you need to do masters and PHD'S in order to get ANYWHERE with a science based degree

Law double degree

- you need a 90% entrance score and I got 92, so why not make something of myself, since many people want to aim high for themselves and I have the chance?

- I would do social sciences as my double degree and major in welfare which I am about to start relevant volunteer work in (phone crisis counselling)

- I wouldn't be able to work in aged care during the degree. My only experience would be in phone crisis counselling, I would have prior work experience as a personal trainer with a great reference in it and that is about it.

- I would need to bust my ass looking for experience, such as working in a legal office in admin at the front desk. I seem to have no luck of getting basic jobs so I am iffy about getting people to give me work experience in the field....

- I am not sure what law entails or if I am passionate about it in the way I am with nursing and sciences.....

Glinda.Good
I do not want to do a social work degree. Ever.

Is this not the degree that you have been posting about feeling "passion" for for then past several months?

Regarding your hatred of toddlers:

Of course you are entitled to feel exactly how you feel about anything. The fact that you can go on and on for many pages about intense hatred for toddlers is a big red flag, though.

Can you see that?

• Like 1
  • Author

It seems to be that:

-medicine

-law

-accounting

-engineering

- pharmacy

Are the most solid "sounding" degrees.

Although as I said, the health sector is booming and expanding but nursing is the only thing I could really excel at, since frankly I cannot see myself becoming a scientist?

Things like: podiatry, biomedical science (contains math and physics), and the like are under the "health" umbrella, many of which I would likely have to do hard math for.

With Law, you really have to be a go getter and love the legal system, I am not sure if there are many other outlets to learn about so the legal elements of the degree do not become too dry......

Nursing or a law double degree seem to be the most fitting degrees so far career wise in terms of prospects and my passions. I am interested in a lot of different subjects, and law apparently covers a whole host of issues in various areas?

I do like writing a lot?

I enjoy science but not HARDCORE< rocket science crap.

Any ideas guys? I am seeing an expert but just thought I would ask.

• Author
Is this not the degree that you have been posting about feeling "passion" for for then past several months?

Regarding your hatred of toddlers:

Of course you are entitled to feel exactly how you feel about anything. The fact that you can go on and on for many pages about intense hatred for toddlers is a big red flag, though.

Can you see that?

Of course I enjoy social work but I do not want to be stuck on 40K a year for life with no prospects of progressing unless I do a masters and/or diploma.

And no to your question, because frankly I think I am far more kind and compassionate and generous than most people.

Plenty of very altruistic people who are way more giving than you probably hate toddlers too.

I don't see why every "nice" person is supposed to think toddlers are cute little angels:sick:

• Author

I should probably clarify: I don't hate ALL toddlers that much.

I hated the family I lived with, they were stingy, tight ass and not ethical in their practices. I think they are bad people with low morals. They talk down to others which I hate in people.

I loved a few toddlers I cared for.

I dislike a lot of toddlers that misbehave and scream and shout regularly; I am not their mum so why would I think it is cute or non offensive?

My main point about babies and toddlers is: what is so cute about them? I just don't find babies and toddlers cute unless I KNOW the toddler. Babies = never cute. Toddlers = cute sometimes if I KNOW their families and the toddlers are not brats.

My capacity to care for other members of my community has no bearing on me hating SOME toddlers and not thinking the majority are so cute.

• Author

Nurses in Sydney 2012 - 2013:

Registered nurse/aged care = 30 - 35 dollars per hour

Registered nurse in the state of NSW where I reside starts from: 52K up to 75K

Since the pay doesn't ever sky rocket as a nurse, one day I may want a career chance; apparently some nurses including one I met change career paths after 20 years or so.....

Counselling is a passion of mine, namely relationship LOL, so I can see myself in nursing and aged care, and then doing a basic and cheap diploma course to get me on a different career path if need be.

Didn't you already go through this decision process back when you initially chose to pursue the social work degree? I'm really confused about why you are now rehashing all of this same ground.

What has changed? You've talked endlessly about how much you wanted to go into social work and how great of a fit it was for you...and now you don't want to do it anymore? Why not?

It's not too late to get whatever degree you want to get and to pursue whatever career you want to pursue...but you have to make a decision, make a plan, and stick with it. If a career counselor will help you do that, great. You really just seem to be kicking the can down the road, though. You make a decision, do that for awhile, then change your mind, then lather, rinse, and repeat. Changing your mind again and again is only going to result in you being even further behind.

• Like 3