You girls should never have problem finding a BF

What happened to being bold and chatting up a few birds at the local? I get chatted up. I chat up. Not so long ago i was pursued frantically around the local by an attractive chav.

• Like 3
What happened to being bold and chatting up a few birds at the local? I get chatted up. I chat up. Not so long ago i was pursued frantically around the local by an attractive chav.

You're right, that is easy to do. Personally, I'm not a fan of drinking enough to go out and do that. There is also the matter of almost my entire social circle is the same way I am. Bars are meh. The women that frequent the bars in my suburb are less than what I seek. Don't get me wrong, they are smokin hot, but they lack any form of moral fortitude, substance, or depth. I've played this game before.

Plus I'm not really looking for girls that are going to bars every weekend. Our interests wouldn't align.

• Like 1

Your local pubs sound like a hot bed of torridness. I keep bumping into randy PHD students at mine. Well sometimes.......

But yes i guess if you are looking for more than a `knee trembler`, elsewhere is better.

You're right, that is easy to do. Personally, I'm not a fan of drinking enough to go out and do that. There is also the matter of almost my entire social circle is the same way I am. Bars are meh. The women that frequent the bars in my suburb are less than what I seek. Don't get me wrong, they are smokin hot, but they lack any form of moral fortitude, substance, or depth. I've played this game before.

Plus I'm not really looking for girls that are going to bars every weekend. Our interests wouldn't align.

• Like 1

Your location claims you're in London. People like you have no idea what it's like outside your bubble. Not only is the scene dismal in terms of quality, but it's dismal in terms of variety. When I used to go out, there was the same group of about 100 locals that frequented every bar and club in my town. They all knew each other, most had ****ed each other, and every single one was a broken down tosspot. I'm hardly the most ambitious man, I'm content to amble through life, but trust me, compared to the locals, I was like an astronaut among cavemen.

If I want to partake of what YOU'RE describing as "the local" I have to head 40 miles into either London or maybe Brighton. I've tried it. It's another world. If I lived there I'd do it every weekend. And I've often given advice to struggling isolated youths here to get the **** out of their hometown and move to a city, because bang, right there in one you can solve your problems. Those of us stuck in the boondocks though, the club and pub scene is depressing.

• Like 1

I've noticed a lot of the men who can't get a date have absolutely no guts to go up and approach women for a date. NONE. So much so that they ONLY rely on OLDing.

The women I noticed who can't get a date or anyone approaching her is because she's VERY shy. So shy that she can't flirt and is unable to give a guy that look that gives him the green light to approach.

• Like 1
somedude81
What if a woman DOES have trouble finding a bf? Is there something wrong with her then?

It really depends on how long she's been single and if she's actually been trying.

Even then, girls that have been single for a long time and can't get dates, are super rare. And yeah, odds are they have something wrong with them.

• Like 1

I am 37, have been single a long time, by choice. Only started putting myself out there in October.

Yes, I am overweight, which is bad in this world of people obsessed with looks. However, I am down 90 pounds and am attractive. I have a hard time meeting men in person. They approach sometimes, smalltalk is exchanged but nothing comes of it. Or we do the eye contact thing and still nothing.

OLD has been disappointing. When I started I figured the bigger guys would like me. No, its always the skinnier guys. Rarely do I get a message from a big guy. The last 1 was a truck driver from out of state. Alarm bells. I know some good men, they're all in relationships. Trying not to let the creeps ruin my view of all men. But its tough sometimes. I was just scrolling through my matches on POF. All profiles were either jibberish, some man complaining about his experiences (big turn off), had a pic taken topless or had his phone number in profile. Some were just too good looking too. To save myself from rejection I never message those men.

I've also found that men in a hurry are always just wanting sex. They will message you 3 times in a row if you don't respond promptly. These guys will sweettalk you for days. Then disappear once they get what they want. Learned that the hard way. Then there's the man who's profile says looking for ltr and he says he wants to have fun. Big alarm bells.

Shut the F up with the "something wrong with you". You all come off as privileged judgemental *******s and I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE THE ONE TELLING YOU THIS. It should come from within. If you were worth a damn. How are YOU the ones lording judgement over them because you found love.

What if a woman DOES have trouble finding a bf? Is there something wrong with her then?

Of course. Her standards are way too high.

:rolleyes:

How are they high?

I was being sarcastic because some posters have complained that the reason they have no success with women is because our standards are way too high.

I was being sarcastic because some posters have complained that the reason they have no success with women is because our standards are way too high.

Those posters are haters, disregard them.

I am a nice looking, a few extra pounds but above average in looks. I live in a small town but not far from several cities. Two big cities one to north one to south. I get dozens of meet mes and and get favorited alot. I've learned to ignore them because every time I like back or message I get nothing.

Every guy who messages me is fake. Or looking for a good time. I have learned to block the sexual encounter people but some still make it through. They say they want something more but the truth will come out.

Some guys seem nice then it turns out they don't have a car and they live 30 miles away. The few men I've met have tried to get me in bed. One begged me, saying if he liked it it could turn into more. I threw my drink on one when he rubbed my inner thigh under the table. Dramatic? Maybe. But they all seemed like good guys.

I could go on but I won't. In conclusion, its not that easy for us.

It is easy. Your just making it difficult.

It is easy. Your just making it difficult.

Ok, please tell all us clueless girls what to do. How to land THE man. Not just A man. Evidently I'm one of the ladies that has something wrong with her.

• Like 1
Ok, please tell all us clueless girls what to do. How to land THE man. Not just A man. Evidently I'm one of the ladies that has something wrong with her.

You cant find THE man because your putting too much emphasis on how you want him to be. Stop having such a high check list and be more reasonable and down to earth. Men only require 3 main things from women which I feel are easygoing personality, attractive, and doesn't mind cooking a nice meal sometime. A woman's checklist is ridiculous not to mention the part where you ladies try to find something wrong with a man by overanalyzing which leads to ditching him for almost nothing. I see it happen to said guys all the time its become a common practice. Not to mention its always our jobs to keep you entertained. How fair is that? I'd like to see you try to entertain us outside the bedroom for once.

I don't think I'm picky. My checklist is

1. he is not in a relationship of any kind

2. he has a job and/or source of income I refuse to be the sugar momma

3. he is kind and honest

4. and ability to hold a conversation a sense of humor helps as well

I have been out with black and white. Short and tall. Big and skinny.

I'm sick of men saying that all women are too picky. Of being told to "broaden my horizons". How much more am I supposed to broaden them? Date a married man? A man who doesn't try to expand his mind by reading and keeping up with current events? A white supremacist? He's perfect in every way, only one thing....he beats his dog?

• Like 2
somedude81
I've been single since 2009. Not necessarily by choice soooooo STFU

Of course. Her standards are way too high.

:rolleyes:

So Gore, if you have been single since 2009, and not necessarily by choice, why do you believe that you have had so much trouble?

somedude81
I don't think I'm picky. My checklist is

1. he is not in a relationship of any kind

2. he has a job and/or source of income I refuse to be the sugar momma

3. he is kind and honest

4. and ability to hold a conversation a sense of humor helps as well

I have been out with black and white. Short and tall. Big and skinny.

I'm sick of men saying that all women are too picky. Of being told to "broaden my horizons". How much more am I supposed to broaden them? Date a married man? A man who doesn't try to expand his mind by reading and keeping up with current events? A white supremacist? He's perfect in every way, only one thing....he beats his dog?

If those are truly your standards, then no, you are not being picky at all.

Though I do believe that many women have far stricter standards then you do. If I had met more women that had standards as lax as you, then I would have dated a hell of a lot more than I have.

• Like 1
somedude81
Wrong - 55% of adults in North America are married. If the majority of people can do something, it must not be that hard. For men or women. And that just refers to marriage - if you take into account other relationships the number will be much higher. People who want to be in a relationship, but can't do it for whatever reason (such as yourself) are outliers.

Did you know that average age men get married is now at 29?

BTW, 55% is very small for being a majority.

Getting back to my point, the average age of men getting married is pretty high, and one thing those stats don't tell you is on average how many girlfriends a man has before he gets married or how long the average is in a relationship before he gets married.

Basically, if a man struggles with women his entire life, finally gets his girlfriend at 28 and marries her; he will be part of the stats. What it doesn't say is how much trouble he's had up until then.

Contrast to that, it will be very rare to find a woman who has had no relationship experience.

See above stats. Most adult men are either married or in a relationship. They likely succeeded because they understood that there actually is no game involved. Those cases are the norm.

Actually no. It just means that he most likely found a woman that was willing to settle and get married.

Possibly - guess it would depend on your definition of decent. But yes, if a man or a woman is not having any success finding a relationship (and wants to be in one), then usually there is something deeper that is wrong.

Hey, we agree at something.

I'm not quite sure what your point is here. Do you believe that dressing nice and putting product in your hair should score you a date merely by walking around a random city?

And where did I say that?

I was hoping at least that some girls would actually notice that I exist and look at my as I walk past.

Yet you devoted a thread to getting advice on how to improve your OLD profile, a lot of great advice was given to you, and then you got angry and chose not to change anything in your profile.

I did make some changes to my profile.

I closed the thread because people were getting too harsh with me and I didn't want to deal with it anymore.

I suspect that there are very few men or women that have struggled with dating and relationships as much as you. You are an outlier.

There are at least 5 guys who regularly post on this forum.

I'm sure you'll find many more if you go to the right forums.

Salvatore85

Of course females have it easier in this sense, they always have. That still doesn't mean they're constantly getting hit on by quality men.

And for every guy that bitches about an chick just won't give him a chance, they're the same dudes only going after gorgeous women. You date on your level, that's life.

• Like 3

I think that having high standards is a good thing. Don't ever lower your standards in desperation to get a partner, because what are you then? High standards is about having self worth and self esteem to say no to settling for garbage. It doesn't mean the person is picky.