People who can't get a date with "anyone"?

Which is exactly why I'm saying every individual is different. To dismiss all women over a certain weight as unattractive is silly. Many are super hot! Way hotter than average.

The ironic part is shed proably reject me for being too short because it would make her feel even bigger

The ironic part is shed proably reject me for being too short because it would make her feel even bigger

Maybe. She probably has her pick of desirable men.

If you think of yourself as "average", and think you are aiming for "average" women, she's not average. And she's certainly not below average.

Maybe. She probably has her pick of desirable men.

If you think of yourself as "average", and think you are aiming for "average" women, she's not average. And she's certainly not below average.

Im aiming for what im attracted to but you seem to think attractions a mathmatical equation to where you need to stick with a person who is your exact number equivalent looks wise whatever that is

Im aiming for what im attracted to but you seem to think attractions a mathmatical equation to where you need to stick with a person who is your exact number equivalent looks wise whatever that is

It's not a formula. It's just how nature works. People tend to match up with someone of similar attractiveness, in an overall sense. The more attractive women are getting lots of attention from attractive men, so a less attractive guy can easily get overlooked. Overall attractiveness means accomplishments and charm count, not just looks.

The average women aren't getting that attention from the attractive men, so the attention they get from average men is more likely to be noticed and appreciated :) And they tend to pair off.

The less attractive women might only get attention from other unattractive people. So they pair off.

Some don't like their options, so they stay alone. That's a valid choice.

• Like 1
somedude81
Here's an example. Are you going to tell me you think she's too fat? Because if you do, you're crazy. That is to me, an example of a sexy women with a nice body. I can't say for sure, but i'd say chances are she's considered overweight on the BMI.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/db/3c/78/db3c7808ddddf31c941a82f2a12657db.jpg

No way in hell is that woman obese.

She's an example of what I'm talking about.

5'3 and 206 lbs.

She's 3" shorter than I am, and 50 lbs heavier.

No way in hell is that woman obese.

She's an example of what I'm talking about.

5'3 and 206 lbs.

She's 3" shorter than I am, and 50 lbs heavier.

Hmmm... I've been with plenty of guys that were at least as "obese" as that woman.

And if she's cute and funny... she might be a great catch!

What I'm saying is, don't dismiss it just because of weight. Sure, it might be that you'll never find a woman like that attractive, but take the time to get to know her. It might surprise you.

I know my ex surprised me. And he was WAYYYYYY more obese than that girl on that photo! WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more!

• Like 3

Honestly, she just looks like a typical average person to me. Overweight, yes, but not shockingly so. I could easily see her with an average guy, self described as a "4".

• Like 3
somedude81
Hmmm... I've been with plenty of guys that were at least as "obese" as that woman.

And if she's cute and funny... she might be a great catch!

What I'm saying is, don't dismiss it just because of weight. Sure, it might be that you'll never find a woman like that attractive, but take the time to get to know her. It might surprise you.

I know my ex surprised me. And he was WAYYYYYY more obese than that girl on that photo! WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more!

Wow, so I get the impression that looks don't matter to you at all. That's very surprising.

You ever dated any short slim guys?

My ex was more in this kind of range:

Obese man

And even though I wasn't attracted at first and am not generally attracted to obese guys, I couldn't keep my hands off of him while we dated (and for a while after we broke up!!)

• Like 3
somedude81
Honestly, she just looks like a typical average person to me. Overweight, yes, but not shockingly so. I could easily see her with an average guy, self described as a "4".

She's average to you?! She has a BMI of 36.5. That's obese. That is not a healthy body weight.

This is an average body for a woman under 25.

It's a difference of 76 lbs.

As for me being a 4. I'm only saying that because I'm short. If I was 5'10, I'd be a 7 at least.

Wow, so I get the impression that looks don't matter to you at all. That's very surprising.

You ever dated any short slim guys?

Well, of course looks matter! But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, don't you know?!?!

I dated a short slender guy for about a year. He was probably about 5'4", if that. No idea about weight... he wasn't skinny, but wasn't overweight either, at all. And I was smitten!

• Like 1

I like how you choose to pick a very unflattering picture of someone :rolleyes:

I wouldn't discount her based on weight. As others have said a million times, there is so much more to a person and attraction then their weight.

She's average to you?! She has a BMI of 36.5. That's obese. That is not a healthy body weight.

As for me being a 4. I'm only saying that because I'm short. If I was 5'10, I'd be a 7 at least.

I'm talking about the equal of an average 32 year old guy. Not the average early 20s woman, who is OF COURSE more attractive than an average 32 year old guy.

• Like 1

You think that's a average body weight of a woman under 25? Where is this sample taken that that's average?

You're insane if you think that's average.

A 7 at least if you were a few inches taller? Yaaaaaaa i'm not sure how to break it to you but......

You think that's a average body weight of a woman under 25? Where is this sample taken that that's average?

You're insane if you think that's average.

A 7 at least if you were a few inches taller? Yaaaaaaa i'm not sure how to break it to you but......

Yeah, I was gonna say...

Average dress size in the UK is now 16, which is the equivalent of a size 12 in the US. So the average woman is actually obese!

So, that might be the ideal body weight for a 25 year old, but it's certainly not average!!!

Also, like suladas said, being short doesn't lower you scale by 3 points.

She's not a typical average person.

Yeah, I was gonna say...

Average dress size in the UK is now 16, which is the equivalent of a size 12 in the US. So the average woman is actually obese!

So, that might be the ideal body weight for a 25 year old, but it's certainly not average!!!

Also, like suladas said, being short doesn't lower you scale by 3 points.

Yep but like my picture above that's still sexy. Plus some people seem to believe weight is a direct corrolation to health. There is plenty of people overweight/obese on the BMI, yet are perfectly healthy and in shape. Just like there is normal weight people who aren't healthy. Which is why lifestyle is also a big factor for me.

I was thinking more along the lines of being tall doesn't boost you 3 :laugh:

Actually wait, i'm 6'6" does that automatically makes me a 10? Awesome! :D

She's not average, there are few men who wouldn't find her body attractive.

Ok I did some digging around on the internet and I think I have nailed why I see so many chunky girls with skinny guys: In the 60's the average males BMI was 25.2 and the Woman's 24.8, pretty close withe the average man being a little heavier. Now the average mans BMI is 27.4 and the average woman's is 28.5. Women are heavier than men now. They were .4 below and now they're 1.1 above with a total "swing" of of 1.5 points!

This one is six pounds short of obese according to BMI. That is more what I would call an average body, and ya if you think there's something wrong with it, you're crazy.

Welcome - What Real Women Look Like

Very attractive healthy looking woman, date her in a heart beat.

So, with all the emphasis on height and weight here, let's move back to the topic of LoveShack members who can't get dates with anyone, perhaps because of their own weight or height and work that topic, rather than posting up pictures of other people from the internet, most of whose dating prospects are either very well known or completely unknown.

IOW, let's not make this into yet again another height and weight thread. We have a 'leagues' thread for the discussion of what 'average' and other rating systems for attractiveness is/are. There are existing threads to discuss height and weight. If your height or weight is or seems to be a compelling factor in the inability to date anyone, work that factor on the individual level. Thanks!

When it comes to women who do this (whine about not meeting good guys they like), I see a lot of "it's not you, it's them!" where as the guys are told "it's you" LOL. I always wonder why that is.

That's not true. I'm a girl, and I've gotten some explicit "it's yous."

It's interesting you say that because I recently made a thread about being a female virgin in college, and the idea of me finding a serious relationship was laughed at, for the reason that "I go to a top school where people are here to study and only have time to hook up. It's what I signed up for." I got a response something along those lines, anyway. A lot of guys at my college that want to commit only do so because they want a regular source of sex.

My personal dilemma is that I want a serious relationship before having sex, which would mean the guy might have to wait 6 months or a year before I feel ready. Would you be willing to do that? I don't know of even ONE guy at my college that would be.

I certainly would. :)

I'm not one of those type of guys who rushes into anything.

I have plenty of patience and am of like mind to wait before feeling ready.

Then again I'm not your typical 22 year old guy who lives in the US. :p