Hear ya knockin' but ya can't come in.

Originally posted by Merin

Otter.. maybe you're putting off the guys because you're not ready to do something there.. :confused: nows the time to take care of you girl!

Yeah. It is hard, the last time I had seizures I had my exH to take care of me. My friend Brian came over and did some housework for me since I am so uncoordinated right now I keep running into things and falling over all the time. And I have three dogs, so you can imagine how messy it gets. Dogs are like violent toddlers, they have the destructive power of an adult but the mind of a 1 year old.

I think that's why I talked to my exH last night about getting back together when he gets out on probation next March. I remember how well he cared for me when I was sick last time around, and I just wish I had someone to make me soup and pick me up when I fall in the shower. It's SO HARD to have neurological problems and live by yourself. I just want someone, not him and his emtionally retarded ass.

I still maintain, we are a nation of emotionally crippled indivduals.

Originally posted by blind_otter

Yeah. It is hard, the last time I had seizures I had my exH to take care of me. My friend Brian came over and did some housework for me since I am so uncoordinated right now I keep running into things and falling over all the time. And I have three dogs, so you can imagine how messy it gets. Dogs are like violent toddlers, they have the destructive power of an adult but the mind of a 1 year old.

I think that's why I talked to my exH last night about getting back together when he gets out on probation next March. I remember how well he cared for me when I was sick last time around, and I just wish I had someone to make me soup and pick me up when I fall in the shower. It's SO HARD to have neurological problems and live by yourself. I just want someone, not him and his emtionally retarded ass.

I still maintain, we are a nation of emotionally crippled indivduals.

Oh Girl.. don't go down a road that isn't good for you with the EXH..

The bad in some things far outwieghs the Good..

My youngest baby has seizures.. I know how hard it was for me seeing that.. damn near killed me actually..

I understand you want someone girl.. but don't SETTLE for just anyone, you deserve and need better than that.

Originally posted by Merin

Oh Girl.. don't go down a road that isn't good for you with the EXH..

The bad in some things far outwieghs the Good..

My youngest baby has seizures.. I know how hard it was for me seeing that.. damn near killed me actually..

I understand you want someone girl.. but don't SETTLE for just anyone, you deserve and need better than that.

Yeah, it's easy to forget about all the BS I went through, especially because of the dilatin and the seizures. I have no short term memory. It's like 50 first dates with me. Which he totally used against me because we would argue and he would just drop it and go out and do yard work, I would totally forget we had argued, and he would continue being an emotionally retarded f*ckwad.

I think seeing me have a seizure scared Mr. T so much that he ran away. Yet another emotionally retarded f*ckwad.

There seem to be a lot of those running around. I want to trust people, I just can't. There's a wall I know I consciously built after my last miscarriage, when my exBF was out partying, to protect myself....and I don't even know if I want to tear it down, ever.

Yeah, it's easy to forget about all the BS I went through, especially because of the dilatin and the seizures. I have no short term memory. It's like 50 first dates with me. Which he totally used against me because we would argue and he would just drop it and go out and do yard work, I would totally forget we had argued, and he would continue being an emotionally retarded f*ckwad.

I think seeing me have a seizure scared Mr. T so much that he ran away. Yet another emotionally retarded f*ckwad.

There seem to be a lot of those running around. I want to trust people, I just can't. There's a wall I know I consciously built after my last miscarriage, when my exBF was out partying, to protect myself....and I don't even know if I want to tear it down, ever.

Seeing my baby have a seizure when she was only 10 months old was and is to this day the most awful, scariest thing thats ever happend to me in my life.. without question.

I understand you want to protect yourself Otter, and You should.. not only in looking out for you.. but in trusting yourself to know whats okay and what isn't...

Anything I can do.. you know where I am girl;)

I'll certainly miss the intimacy......I miss it badly now, but trust will be a huge issue for me. I'm beginning to think life's too short to either bother with it or risk it anymore.

Originally posted by SkyJumper

I'll certainly miss the intimacy......I miss it badly now, but trust will be a huge issue for me. I'm beginning to think life's too short to either bother with it or risk it anymore.

I think it's a risk worth taking.

But it has to be a calculated risk now.

Yeah, I'll follow my heart, but I'll let my head lead, the big one :D, well wait, the one on the end of my neck! :lmao:!

I gotta say, I learned today that for me, It definately IS about trusting myself and knowing that I am capable of doing things that make real sense. That was totally driven out of me during my marriage because I kept deferring to HER wishes. At one point I was so insecure that I even let her put up Pepto bismol pink, and Banana yellow in the girls rooms. I just went along with it. ANOTHER DUMB move. It was funny watching the look on her face when she realized she hated the color. MAybe she shouldn't have B*tched so much about not being allowed to choose the color when ahe was a kid. :laugh:

I tell you, when you're flexible, and you're dealing with an inflexible person, THAT's when trust issues can develop.

I've decided to draw the line now, on the house, on what I'll do in this divorce, and what I'll do in the future. NEW Solid boundaries that I know are in the best interests of my daughters and me. So far, everything my ex has said has been 90% wrong-headed, I mean common sense type stuff. But we all know common sense is not all that common.

Trust starts with trusting yourself, then you can trust anyone, until they give you reason not to.

Cool.

Otter-

I just noticed your Maxine quote and I'm about to pee in my pants.

That pretty much sums up my philosophy on life, ha ha.

Yikes- we want to hear more about the DATE!!!

Merin- I am with you on the one thing issue. I have been there with BF.

Right after we started to get serious I had asked him if Crazy Money owing girl had called him. He said no, she hasn't called. Well, what he failed to mention is that she had IM'd him. I have no clue why he didn't tell me.

I have a key to his place so that night I was meeting him at his place after work. He had told me before that I could do whatever I wanted at his house, look at whatever I wanted to- he had nothing to hide.

So, I'm over there- and I had cleaned the kitchen, I was changing the sheets and doing some of his laundry- he never asks me or expects me to but since he works two jobs I just like to help when I can. Welllllll, I don't have a computer at home so I go to use his to surf the net. His IM is up. I looked under his IM archive and I know I shouldn't have but I was being nosy. He had archived all his IM's and there were some on there from before we had met- and of course I wish like heck I wouldn't have read ANY of them! There was archive where she had IM'd him that day and they'd had a brief conversation about some furniture she wanted to buy from him (she never did). I kinda went ballistic on him on text while he was working and he kept calling and I kept not answering his phone calls.

Once he got home of course I was worked into a state! He was angry I'd looked at his stuff even though he'd told me I could. He said he didn't tell me because I had asked if she had CALLED and she hadn't called. So, we had a long talk and he said I've never lied, I've never cheated, I just didn't want to upset you by telling you she'd contacted me. I made it clear to him that just because I didn't ask him in a specific way that didn't mean he shouldn't have told me. He was honestly scared to death that I was going to dump him. Later he said, "I totally get that if I ever do anything remotely like that again you will be GONE" and I said "Yup" he said, "I won't need another chance"

So far he hasn't! :love:

Trust is so hard, I guess that's why I checked his computer.

Okay folks, we have got atleast four verified sightings of this evil, shapeshifting, teleporting monster who gains it's power from shredding hearts. I also have two know aliases that it goes by. I think we need a name for the demon.

The Jesniki beast?

Any other aliases that should be added? Vary the name so the monster can be recognized!

Originally posted by Devildog

Okay folks, we have got atleast four verified sightings of this evil, shapeshifting, teleporting monster who gains it's power from shredding hearts. I also have two know aliases that it goes by. I think we need a name for the demon.

The Jesniki beast?

Any other aliases that should be added? Vary the name so the monster can be recognized!

That kinda shuts out the ladies, officer doofy. :p

I just refer to my ex as "demonspawn".

That kinda shuts out the ladies, officer doofy. :p

officer doofy??? :confused:

That wasn't nice :(

officer doofy??? :confused:

That wasn't nice :(

That's what the emoticon was for, sugar. *hairpats for DD*

here: :bunny::love::bunny::love:

It's from Super Troopers.

I am a dork. :o

Yes, you are a dork, because it is from Sacry Movie!!! :p

• Author

Yes, you are a dork, because it is from Sacry Movie!!! :p

No No No, You're both dorks because it's from SCARY Movie, and it was Deputy Doofy. ;p ;p

Y

What can I say Yikes, I guess I just have really fast fingers. I can prove it if there are any willing ladies out here!! :laugh:

• Author

No big deal really.

We met at a half way point, (she lives a couple of hours away). Had leisurely dinner and drinks at a nice restaurant then saw a movie.

Good company, good food/drinks, good movie... two thumbs up.

Very nice woman, quite attractive. All things considered, I'd say it was a successful evening. Will we go out again? Not sure at this point, but I'm thinking that we probably will - hope so anyway. She e-mailed me the next day thanking me and saying that it was great. I guess I take that as a positive sign. If she wasn't interested I doubt that she'd bother.

We spoke for a few minutes last night, she and her oldest boy have come down with the flu so I kept things short.

Y

Sounds great- that's a great step in the right direction!

The flu is terrible- I know several people suffering right now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Update:

We've talked a few times since the date and she wants to go out again. Yay for me!

Y