# of sexual partners changing my decision on moving forward?

jamesbob

• Author
But think about what you said just.

Why the hell aren't women avoiding manwhores?

Because old habits are hard to break!

Why do men still want women with low numbers?

For the exact same reason!

It seems we are in agreement here. So you are going against your own biology and suggest I do the same?

It seems we are in agreement here. So you are going against your own biology and suggest I do the same?

But I'm saying the biology is irrelevant!

We feel the way we feel because that's how it worked back then. That's not how it works anymore. It's holding on to archaic "rituals" just for sake of being traditional.

There's no REAL meaning behind it.

• Author
But I'm saying the biology is irrelevant!

We feel the way we feel because that's how it worked back then. That's not how it works anymore. It's holding on to archaic "rituals" just for sake of being traditional.

There's no REAL meaning behind it.

I understand. Similar to approach anxiety. Or fear of heights in an airplane.

So what do you say about women who have high standards? Are they not worth spending any time on? Should I just be going for the low hanging fruit?

I understand. Similar to approach anxiety. Or fear of heights in an airplane.

So what do you say about women who have high standards? Are they not worth spending any time on? Should I just be going for the low hanging fruit?

There's really no such thing as "high" or "low" standards. It's just what people want.

So perhaps I'm not following your question.

Go for whatever you please.

But this putting women down for enjoying the same things you do physically is just getting tiresome.

In none of my serious relationships was discussing numbers and sexual histories even a topic up for discussion. It just never even occurred to us to even talk about it.

I can't imagine my friends or people in my social circle going around calling people "slut" or "low-hanging fruit". But I guess we're just adults that way.

• Author
Go for whatever you please.

But this putting women down for enjoying the same things you do physically is just getting tiresome.

In none of my serious relationships was discussing numbers and sexual histories even a topic up for discussion. It just never even occurred to us to even talk about it.

I can't imagine my friends or people in my social circle going around calling people "slut" or "low-hanging fruit". But I guess we're just adults that way.

Point to where I said I'm putting women down for enjoying the same things I do physically.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Author
There's really no such thing as "high" or "low" standards. It's just what people want.

So perhaps I'm not following your question.

If there's 100 people in a room and a gal sleeps with 80, she has low standards for sexual partners. If she sleeps with 50 then she accepts average and above for her criteria. If she sleeps with ten then she has high standards for sexual partners and is very picky. If she sleeps with just one, then she has extremely strict criteria for who she allows to sleep with her.

This is what I mean by low and high standards. Hope this helps

Depends on what you want.

If you want a relationship, better off with a woman with high standards who has respect for herself and others.

If you want casual sex, low standards would suit you better

Point to where I said I'm putting women down for enjoying the same things I do physically.

Thanks.

Are you serious? This whole THREAD is about your not wanting to date or have sex with women who have had casual sex (low-hanging fruit, I think is the colorful term you used). Which is confusing to me, since you don't want to get married or have kids, so why should it matter? You're not looking to wife someone or make her the mother of your children. You just want to feel "special".

Tell you what. When you're 30, and still single, and have dated around, get back to me about how much you care about someone's sexual experiences before you, the knight in shining armor, came along. :laugh:

I would love it if you would answer me this question KunFuJoe...

Still waiting your answer Kungfujoe... or anyone else by the way... if you don't really mind people having sex like crazy before you... why the need of a monogamous relationship? Why would you mind at all your partner to have sex while being with you? (keep aside the STD's, lets assume your partners will keep themselves save).

I mean... what is the single difference between your partner having sex before you or while with you?

Still waiting your answer Kungfujoe... or anyone else by the way... if you don't really mind people having sex like crazy before you... why the need of a monogamous relationship? Why would you mind at all your partner to have sex while being with you? (keep aside the STD's, lets assume your partners will keep themselves save).

I mean... what is the single difference between your partner having sex before you or while with you?

If you really don't know the answer to this then you shouldn't be dating.

This is sort of like assuming that homosexuals molest little boys. Quite a stretch with no foundation aside from your own judgmental attitude.

• Like 1
BetheButterfly

Some of the "needs" possibly for a monogamous relationship includes the following:

1. The desire many men have to know that their offspring is truly their offspring. I'm not sure why this is such a big deal, but it seems to be a huge deal for many guys.

2. The issue of trust and the vulnerability/risk love is.

3. The connection between love and sex between 2 adults who see having sex as "making love."

When a couple is monogamous, that does tend to help men feel secure as to their offspring and the love of their mate.

When a couple is monogamous, that does tend to help women feel secure as to the provision for themselves as well as for any offspring, and the love of their mate.

So, even though I'm not a guy, I guess the security, love, and trust are reasons why some guys prefer being in a monogamous relationship with a woman they love and want to enjoy life with possibly into old age and till death.

This is sort of like assuming that homosexuals molest little boys. Quite a stretch with no foundation aside from your own judgmental attitude.

This is actually a very good example.

• Author
Are you serious? This whole THREAD is about your not wanting to date or have sex with women who have had casual sex (low-hanging fruit, I think is the colorful term you used). Which is confusing to me, since you don't want to get married or have kids, so why should it matter? You're not looking to wife someone or make her the mother of your children. You just want to feel "special".

Tell you what. When you're 30, and still single, and have dated around, get back to me about how much you care about someone's sexual experiences before you, the knight in shining armor, came along. :laugh:

You speak as though I don't hold myself to the same standard? You're right, I want to feel important to the girl, and I want her to feel important to me. I find it strange you think that is abnormal?

Low hanging fruit simply means an easier lay.

I don't view myself as a white knight in the least if that's what you're saying.

Never asked.

Never will.

Because honestly, idgaf.

It's not like these penises are still attached to her or something..****.

• Like 2

Nothing.

I don't see the amount of sex partners or a few ONS encounters as a deterrent to their ability to have a monogamous relationship.

If there's 100 people in a room and a gal sleeps with 80, she has low standards for sexual partners. If she sleeps with 50 then she accepts average and above for her criteria. If she sleeps with ten then she has high standards for sexual partners and is very picky. If she sleeps with just one, then she has extremely strict criteria for who she allows to sleep with her.

This is what I mean by low and high standards. Hope this helps

I'm going to assume that you are either young or lack experience with women (and most likely, both). It's kind of like trying to discuss calculus with someone and they are barely learning fundamental math.

You're going to believe what you want to believe, regardless of what I, or anyone else, says.

All I can say is, good luck, and I hope you find what you are looking for...but don't be too disappointed when you realize that what you were looking for wasn't what you really needed in the first place.

Funny but by calling me judgmental you are being judgmental!

And by the way besides making a judgmental call about my capacity of dating you have not given me any real answer!

• Author
I'm going to assume that you are either young or lack experience with women (and most likely, both). It's kind of like trying to discuss calculus with someone and they are barely learning fundamental math.

You're going to believe what you want to believe, regardless of what I, or anyone else, says.

All I can say is, good luck, and I hope you find what you are looking for...but don't be too disappointed when you realize that what you were looking for wasn't what you really needed in the first place.

I would appreciate any edification you could help me with... It just makes sense to me that the pickier you are about your mate, the fewer you will accept. Isn't that self-evident?

animallover,

The answer is simple.

I want my woman to only get what she needs from me because if she feels the need to get something from someone else, it also means there is a chance she will leave.

And I don't want that.

This is actually a very good example.

Can you both enlighten me how asking why a person why a person who does not care to date a person with a high number of partners would mind that person to have sex while in a relationship with you have to do with homosexuals and child molesting? I think I am missing something here...

Never asked.

Never will.

Because honestly, idgaf.

It's not like these penises are still attached to her or something..****.

This^^^^^^^^^

animallover,

The answer is simple.

I want my woman to only get what she needs from me because if she feels the need to get something from someone else, it also means there is a chance she will leave.

And I don't want that.

so the only reason you would not want your partner to have sex around is because you are afraid to lose her if she does? And then you dare to call insecure people to those who decide to chose people who do not treat sex as some kind of sport?

I don't really see the issue, unless, in the words of Patton Oswalt, "This vagina gives pleasure to no man!" or she has a serious disease. Then multiple partners is a potential problem.

But the next time I meet a girl who has had a lot of partners, I'm gonna tell her "Well then, there are some things you can teach me, then, aren't there?"

• Like 2
Can you both enlighten me how asking why a person why a person who does not care to date a person with a high number of partners would mind that person to have sex while in a relationship with you have to do with homosexuals and child molesting? I think I am missing something here...

Yep you are.

I was drawing a comparison between my example and your question of people who have had casual sex (GASP) wanting a monogamous relationship.

Both are ignorant assumptions.

But - I feel as though I'm trying to explain something to a two-year-old here and banging my head against a wall.

Good luck to you OP. I'm sure you'll find the purest of the pure you deem worthy to stick your willy in. :p