Consolidated 'looks' discussion and society's standards of beauty for men vs women

JuneJulySeptember

It's funny, but my current gf loves that I am fit and muscular/toned, but she told me a week back that she would like to see a few more pounds of meat instead of more muscle. I am in the process of adding a little more muscle (5-10lbs) to my physique, but she prefers more "meat" to more muscle on top of muscle.

I am defined and toned and not that big in terms of muscle, but she simply wants more meat. I told her that I can't do that...that she'll have to live with a little more muscle.

She's okay with that too....

So what would you girls consider scrawny? What would you consider chubby? A man that is 6' and 170lb, is he thin? 6' and 190, is he fat?

170 is pretty thin for a man 6ft. But 190 is certainly not chubby. That's healthy.

I like big men. 6ft 4+ and 220+ pounds. I dont care what percentage is muscle as long as they have strong arms.

The scrawny guys I've been with claim not to know their weight. So I really can't say how skinny is skinny. They didn't look emaciated. But they had to wear belts to keep their pants from slipping off. No bum. No hips. Too skinny for me. But I found them sexy anyway.

• Like 1

My ex was thin, 5'10" and weighed 130lbs. He is not very broad but he had a pair of killer legs and a cute bum lol.

I'd say 170lbs and 6' is thin, not skinny just thin.

Ironically, I have a skinny/athletic/muscular physique (6'1, 185lbs) and my ex told me she loved my body, I get compliments from other girls about my shape. But yet my ex left me for a fat (not chubby, fat) guy who's about a couple of inches shorter then me, so she seemed to prefer a fat guy to someone who was in shape.

Interesting.... so far there are two girls saying chubby and one saying thin.

May I ask you girls for your reasoning? For the chubby chasers, does the bigger guy make you feel safer? For the skinny lovers, does the thinner guy have a better appearance?

I want to know the whys behind the answers....

I prefer bigger guys. The reason is that, during sex, I want to be able to go buckwild without worrying about hurting them.

Eternal Sunshine

I love a guy that's strong enough to lift me up and throw me on the bed.

I like men that are "manly" in every sense of the word. I dislike any femininity on men.....being small/thin is one of the more feminine traits.

• Like 1
Were there other factors besides the size difference? Maybe she was physically attracted to you, but his personality or wealth was more attractive in her eyes.

I'm leaning towards the circumstances, because I am significantly better then he is.

Because he hasn't got a good personality, he puts on a kind/selfless front but is essentially is manipulative, grooming, backstabbing, very good at turning it around on someone else, he had a history of making moves on other people's girlfriends (ironically it only worked on mine) and trying to get with a woman when she was upset.

He made the moves on my ex (even got his friend to send her messages trying to break me and her up) when she was upset about her parent's divorce, my ex actually got warned by mutual friends that he was manipulative and that I was far better, but she left me for him anyway.

Wealth wise, he's a low end IT Technician where as I'm at University studying Maths. I actually know more IT then he does considering he does it for a living! I treated her like a princess, mutual friends etc all tell me I did nothing wrong and that she made a huge mistake.

I think it was the fact that she was upset, he seemed to appear at the right time and she was easy pickings to be manipulated. She also was manipulated by someone else before she was with me.

I love a guy that's strong enough to lift me up and throw me on the bed.

I like men that are "manly" in every sense of the word. I dislike any femininity on men.....being small/thin is one of the more feminine traits.

What? Being small/thin is one of the more feminine traits?!

I'm in the minority im sure but I love chubby men. 6'1"+ and 200-250 is great even if not toned. I kinda like a bit of belly, not sloppy or gross just thick. Skinny men do 0 for me and buff meathead guys very little.

• Like 1

I'd say they prefer bean pole to mucsular. Most girls that are chunky where ai live are bigger than their men, sometimes not proportionately but literally too.

My bf is "thin"...he is 5'10 or 11 and I think he said he weighs 160 ? I love his build :love: I agree with MyPoutine, thin-athletic type of bodies. I don't like big bear type of guys, at ALL. I also don't like to feel very overpowered by a man.

I don't wanna wear the same size of jeans as him or something but I don't want him a lot bigger than me either.

fortyninethousand322

I do think a lot more women like the bean pole build than do the linebacker build.

Oh well. I like my linebacker look.

• Like 1
I do think a lot more women like the bean pole build than do the linebacker build.

Oh well. I like my linebacker look.

I hear that. I have a naturally broad frame so it's difficult for me to not be big :laugh:. I just need to work it into more muscle. So I'm probably going to end up being one of those beefcake looking guys if I continue.

• Like 2
I fully understand what he's saying, and he may be right to a certain extent...but as a woman, I can tell you the sexiest thing in the world (to me) is a man who is comfortable in his own skin. An awful lot can be "forgiven" or "unseen" when a man is truly okay with himself.

It's not about confidence with a big C, it's about knowing who you are and just being cool with that. Women usually learn this lesson in their thirties, seems many men never do.

Being comfortable in their own skin, being OK with himself?

Give me a break.

I absolutely hate my height, but do you think I go around letting people know I'm not OK with myself?

It doesn't take a genius for a short guy to know not to talk about height or put himself down when around other people.

If the guy has good posture, and never mentions height, his or any one elses, how would you possibly even guess that he's "not comfortable in his skin."

Do you think being a 5'11" female hasn't presented its own fair share of burdens? :laugh:

The "burden" you feel for being 5'11 is nothing more than a tiny fraction of what it's like to be a man several inches shorter than average. Then there are the guys who are shorter than me and I really feel for them.

You might have it a tiny bit harder than the average woman. In the grand scheme of things, it probably hasn't affected you at all. Yeah some short guys might have thought you were too tall for them, that must have been horrible for you.

How about we start with YOU giving you a break. Seriously. I'm not the one that needs to do it. Your height isn't the problem. MrCastle is what..all of an inch taller, if that...he's bangin chicks my size. Why do you think that is?

You're a whiner, and your self loathing is a far bigger impediment than being vertically challenged is. There are blind men, fat men, disfigured men, old men, and men with missing limbs that are all getting laid. You really think being 5'6" is what's holding you back?

FWIW I'm now an old, boobless, 5'11" female...you ain't got diddly on me my sweet little friend. ;)

(Oh, and I also get laid lol)

Agree. I know a woman--the Asian dream girl that many guys here would kill for--who is happily engaged to a quadriplegic. And no he's no **insert hot guy here**. He's very average, but he has a very active social life and is professionally doing very well.

It's funny, but my current gf loves that I am fit and muscular/toned, but she told me a week back that she would like to see a few more pounds of meat instead of more muscle. I am in the process of adding a little more muscle (5-10lbs) to my physique, but she prefers more "meat" to more muscle on top of muscle.

I am defined and toned and not that big in terms of muscle, but she simply wants more meat. I told her that I can't do that...that she'll have to live with a little more muscle.

Meat IS muscle. Go to the supermarket. Sounds like she wants you to have more FAT. Maybe she is insecure and doesn't want you looking so buff.

How about we start with YOU giving you a break. Seriously. I'm not the one that needs to do it. Your height isn't the problem. MrCastle is what..all of an inch taller, if that...he's bangin chicks my size. Why do you think that is?

Because he went though a complete personality change. He had a crazy level of dedication to become what he is.

Very few men can completely change who they are.

You're a whiner, and your self loathing is a far bigger impediment than being vertically challenged is.
I'm whiner on this forum only.

Even if I wasn't self-loathing, it would have no affect on my success with women. As I said in a previous post, a man that is below average in height needs to have way above average levels of charm and charisma or else women will ignore him.

Using Mr. Castle as an example only proves my point.

FWIW I'm now an old, boobless, 5'11" female...you ain't got diddly on me my sweet little friend. ;)

(Oh, and I also get laid lol)

That's why you get laid.
fortyninethousand322
As to my being female suddenly making it all magically work out...oh lordy! You honestly believe that having a vagina automatically gives you keys to the kingdom??

Some Kindgdoms are easier to get the keys to than others. Just being a female might be enough for some guys.

fortyninethousand322
Well, I don't f*** "some guys" lol!

And the fact is just being a male is enough for some girls. ;)

I have never met such a woman. So they are as real to me as gold at the end of a rainbow. :laugh:

• Like 2
I absolutely hate my height, but do you think I go around letting people know I'm not OK with myself?

It doesn't take a genius for a short guy to know not to talk about height or put himself down when around other people.

It would show much more confidence if you did talk about your height.

Some of the guys here refer to themselves as short guys, with pride. It's charming.

I worked with a guy last week who was about my height (short), but I didn't notice until I asked him to help me reach something and he said, "I'm probably not going to do much better than you" with a dimply grin. Yeah, he was short. And hot! :bunny:

I like big men. 6ft 4+ and 220+ pounds. I dont care what percentage is muscle as long as they have strong arms.

Hey, that's me!

...sort of.

There was a recent thread about a woman who normally prefers tall, skinny guys who went on a date with a short, chubby guy and wound up having a really good time. It happens.