Employer calls on a Saturday morning to schedule a interview for Monday???

I;m sorry but I only get my haircut if I get called for a interview. Especially since it's $30 which can go toward food. Now I got a haircut 5 days ago because I had a interview last week. But if I had no interview I'm not paying $30 to have a nice haircut to be in the house or go to Rite Aid

You chose to pay 30 bucks for a haircut. Next time, find an affordable barber. That's just common sense.

• Like 2
  • Author
You chose to pay 30 bucks for a haircut. Next time, find an affordable barber. That's just common sense.

It's a barber I been going to for 14 years who knows how to cut my hair. Now I don't think he will be cutting for another 14 years since he is now 60 years old. So I can only see me going to him for 5 more years

It's a barber I been going to for 14 years who knows how to cut my hair. Now I don't think he will be cutting for another 14 years since he is now 60 years old. So I can only see me going to him for 5 more years

You are so set in your ways, that you fail to realize that your costly choices will short change you in the end. Everyone else can see this but you. I'm willing to bet that if you had your haircut at a cheap haircut joint, your friends and family wouldn't notice the difference.

• Like 1
  • Author
You are so set in your ways, that you fail to realize that your costly choices will short change you in the end. Everyone else can see this but you. I'm willing to bet that if you had your haircut at a cheap haircut joint, your friends and family wouldn't notice the difference.

Actually this is the best he has cut my hair in years. I can tell he did a really nice job because everytime I go to the bathroom I always look at it again in the mirror LOL

Not all the time, it's not mentally healthy to stay at a job you hate because it interferes with your performance and work relationships.

There's some truth to this. I quit a job I absolutely could not stand, because it was affecting my mental health and work performance. I was being treated like utter crap and our union did nothing...and my immediate supervisor was in a clique with the store manager, ratting me out every chance she got. When I asked for my wedding anniversary off weeks in advance, she purposely scheduled herself off instead that day and made me work. I didn't regret quitting and never looked back. I would have rather slept in my car than work another day at that horrible place.

• Like 1
I see Employers feel they can call and schedule whenever they want since they have bought into the "POOR ECONOMY". I feel it was extremely stupid for someone to contact me on saturday to schedule a interview when they could have called on Friday or just waited until Monday.

What if I planned on leaving town this weekend and wasn't schedule to arrive back in town until Sunday Night?

Atleast when I received a call in the past on a saturday the interview was scheduled for the following wednesday. Of course I had no interest and deleted the message.

Yes, they can. You can become an employer too. Be an entrepreneur.

• Like 1
I hate to say this, but given all your other threads, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that you DO NOT want a job and you find every reason to complain and criticize whatever opportunity that is thrown at you.

You have an answer for everything. You should be thankful. Instead you come across as lazy and arrogant. If only this company can see these threads. I am sure there are 10 other better qualified candidates that didn't get the opportunity you got.

i agree. you say you want a job, but every time you get an interview you complain about what a huge inconvenience it is. if you need the job, you have to show them that you're willing to come in at their convenience. it's hard to believe anyone would have this attitude in today's job market.

• Like 2
  • Author
i agree. you say you want a job, but every time you get an interview you complain about what a huge inconvenience it is. if you need the job, you have to show them that you're willing to come in at their convenience. it's hard to believe anyone would have this attitude in today's job market.

I don't NEED anything, so let's get that straight. And secondly I was not interested in the job, I was just pointing out how arrogant some employers are to call on a saturday and schedule you for a Monday.

I am currently interviewing with other companies i;m interested but have no interest in that job

You don't need a job ?

Edited by SmileFace
  • Like 3
No, I;m researching companies who needs someone with my skills.

In eleven months you haven't found one company that needs your skills? You should try learning a skill that is in demand.

• Like 2
  • Author
In eleven months you haven't found one company that needs your skills? You should try learning a skill that is in demand.

Haven't found a company that impresses me

I don't NEED anything, so let's get that straight. And secondly I was not interested in the job, I was just pointing out how arrogant some employers are to call on a saturday and schedule you for a Monday.

It's not arrogant. They are eager to fill the position and you're not.

It's that simple. You don't want a job.

• Like 2
No, I;m researching companies who needs someone with my skills.

In other words you need a job. Stop being so arrogant and take a damn job. This is exactly why you have been unemployed for so long!

• Like 1
  • Author
In other words you need a job. Stop being so arrogant and take a damn job. This is exactly why you have been unemployed for so long!

No unemployed person should have the NEED mentality.

I want a employer to NEED me, what part of that don't you understand?

Well with that entitled attitude you'll never have job! Get some skills that an employer needs and you won't be unemployed!

I see a forever unemployed internet meme with your face in it.

Do you have skills that are high in demand? If not, get the skills needed for an employer to need you.

Edited by pink_sugar
  • Like 2
  • Author
Well with that entitled attitude you'll never have job! Get some skills that an employer needs and you won't be unemployed!

I do but it has the be the

1. Right Salary

2. Right Location

3. Right Fit

I'm not easy to please

• Author
I see a forever unemployed internet meme with your face in it.

Do you have skills that are high in demand? If not, get the skills needed for an employer to need you.

I sure do, but I don't like long commutes so that's why it's been so long. I don't like to travel more than 35 mins to work

It's one thing to set your sights high, it's another to be unrealistic and difficult when that strategy doesn't work for you.

Well, if that's where the jobs are, that's where the jobs are.

Edited by pink_sugar
  • Author
It's one thing to set your sights high, it's another to be unrealistic and difficult when that strategy doesn't work for you.

I get about 7 invites a month for a interview so I will be ok

I do but it has the be the

1. Right Salary

2. Right Location

3. Right Fit

I'm not easy to please

Ok, Princess.

You remind me of one or two women I dated. "I want you to need me. What part of that don't you understand? I'm not easy to please. Where are my flowers?! :mad:"

Nothing but headaches.

• Like 3