Employer calls on a Saturday morning to schedule a interview for Monday???

What happens when you don't get the job you have a second interview for?

I really don't care what % of qualified you are but it isn't a job offer. Why can't you understand that you should be open to every interview you are given? You have been unemployed for 10 months - when you do say enough is enough? -- looking for what you deserve is one thing but you are just being picky.

What is so hard to get? I really don't know how a man in their 30s can't grasp this concept.

You think people don't want better jobs. I am on my forth job this year - not because I got fired but because I take the time to find better jobs while being employed and in school full time , yes I had to take some crappy jobs inbetween but such is life.

Good point here. Actually, once you find a job, it doesn't mean your search is over. Theoretically, one could and should always have an eye open for a better job. You never know what you may have missed if you stick with one job forever. Not to say you should jump from job to job, but if you feel you could have a better opportunity that's more satisfying to you, you don't need to stay there forever.

• Like 1
No I don't live at home, I tried to see can I get out of my lease but the rental office told me I can't do it.

Can't say I didn't tell you so.

• Like 1
  • Author
Can't say I didn't tell you so.

Well I will be able to atleast finish out the lease. Not sure if I will be able to move to a new place right away but atleast I will have a good rent history

• Author
Good point here. Actually, once you find a job, it doesn't mean your search is over. Theoretically, one could and should always have an eye open for a better job. You never know what you may have missed if you stick with one job forever. Not to say you should jump from job to job, but if you feel you could have a better opportunity that's more satisfying to you, you don't need to stay there forever.

If I start a new job I want to commit atleast 2 years. What's the point of finding the right fit if I'm still going to be looking once I start?

After 2 years I see nothing wrong for looking for new challenges and other opportunities

Well I will be able to atleast finish out the lease. Not sure if I will be able to move to a new place right away but atleast I will have a good rent history

You will have a good rent history, but how's your credit? How would you be able to find a new place with no income?

If I start a new job I want to commit atleast 2 years. What's the point of finding the right fit if I'm still going to be looking once I start?

After 2 years I see nothing wrong for looking for new challenges and other opportunities

Because if something much better paying comes your way, why dismiss it? I would say at least committ to a year, but if you cannot find the job you want, you will need to take something and continue looking while you work.

• Like 1
  • Author
You will have a good rent history, but how's your credit? How would you be able to find a new place with no income?

My credit is fine, I have a AMEX in good standing since 2006 and a good rent history. So I was saying even though I may not have a job i will still be able to finish of my lease.

But I don't see myself being unemployed in February especially since I;m very close to being employed now. But if I am I can atleast still pay the rent until my lease is up which is somewhat of a positive

At least when I received a call in the past on a saturday the interview was scheduled for the following wednesday. Of course I had no interest and deleted the message.

I fail to see the problem here. I recieved an email today for for scheduling at interview this coming week. Do you see me complaining? Heck no! I respond right away to get the ball rolling.

• Author
I fail to see the problem here. I recieved an email today for for scheduling at interview this coming week. Do you see me complaining? Heck no! I respond right away to get the ball rolling.

The problem wasn't that it was a saturday, the problem was that they were trying to schedule me for a Monday. I could have been in a situation where I needed a haircut and couldn't get one because the next day was sunday. Plus I always feel that what every day the person is calling you on the interview should never be the next day.

If they call on a monday, the interview should be wednesday.

The problem wasn't that it was a saturday, the problem was that they were trying to schedule me for a Monday. I could have been in a situation where I needed a haircut and couldn't get one because the next day was sunday. Plus I always feel that what every day the person is calling you on the interview should never be the next day.

Dude, you are ridiculous. Your entire attitude is why it has taken you so long to get a job. So what if they want an interview the next day? Who freakin cares. Do you want to be unemployed forever? No? Then do what it takes and stopping whining about it!

• Author
Dude, you are ridiculous. Your entire attitude is why it has taken you so long to get a job. So what if they want an interview the next day? Who freakin cares. Do you want to be unemployed forever? No? Then do what it takes and stopping whining about it!

It shows no consideration for my time if the interview is the next day

You are unemployed, you HAVE PLENTY OF TIME.

• Like 3
I see Employers feel they can call and schedule whenever they want since they have bought into the "POOR ECONOMY". I feel it was extremely stupid for someone to contact me on saturday to schedule a interview when they could have called on Friday or just waited until Monday.

What if I planned on leaving town this weekend and wasn't schedule to arrive back in town until Sunday Night?

Atleast when I received a call in the past on a saturday the interview was scheduled for the following wednesday. Of course I had no interest and deleted the message.

No wonder you've been unemployed for so long.

• Like 4
HUH??? I may have another interview the next day

Schedule the interview before or after that interview. It really is not that hard.

• Author
No, more like your entitled attitude is more like it. Stop whining about stupid things and take a job.

Have you ever heard people complain that they hate their job? That's why it's important to make sure you choose the right job since you will spend most of your time there

You just don't take anything regardless of how long you been unemployed

Have you ever heard people complain that they hate their job? That's why it's important to make sure you choose the right job since you will spend most of your time there

Sometimes you take a job until a better one comes along. Long stretches of unemployment is bad.

• Author
Sometimes you take a job until a better one comes along. Long stretches of unemployment is bad.

Why is long stretches of unemployment bad if I'm still getting calls for interviews? I'm just guessing but I believe it's because I have a professional online profile on Linkedin and they liked what they saw.

I believe that is the only reason I'm still getting calls and been unemployed since dec 2011

Have you ever heard about people complaining about having to move back in with their mother because they can't afford to live on their own? That's why it's important to take any job / interview that you are lucky enough to be offered.

I was once invited to an interview that was going to take place 2-3hrs from the call. It was the exact opposite of what I was looking for, 1 month temp not permanent or temp-to-hire, part-time not full-time, evening not day-time. I also needed a haircut, in addition to an eyebrow wax and a vast majority of my office clothes no longer fit me. As the job was as a receptionist of the cosmetology department of a school (something that by the way I had 0% experience in) you would assume that appearance would be even more of a priority than normal. I still went, did the best I could, talked up my transferable skills and to my surprise was actually offered the job. Also, after working my a** off at that job it turned into a permanent opportunity. As things turned out it gave me the direction that I was looking for in life and I ended up going back to school for cosmetology (something that I would never in a million years have thought of before).

My point? Stop being so close minded. You don't know what an employer is looking for, and you don't know what a job that you feel isn't right or is beneath you could lead to. You may think that you have that one job where they are checking out references in the bag but if any of your references mention this attitude that you show online then you're in trouble.

• Like 1

He actually got an email today to have the interview tomorrow morning. Still not seeing the issue here...the faster he gets the interview, the faster he can get a better job!

You and your haircut! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

That's because there is always someone else behind you ready and willing to start asap and as long as that is the case, you will not be employed anytime soon.

• Like 1

You know why those people who hate their job don't quit and wait for a better one?

Because they understand that a job they hate is better than no job.

• Like 1
  • Author
You know why those people who hate their job don't quit and wait for a better one?

Because they understand that a job they hate is better than no job.

Not all the time, it's not mentally healthy to stay at a job you hate because it interferes with your performance and work relationships.

• Like 1

You should always be ready (hair cut, clothes clean) and willing (gladly arrive on time the day you are needed) to work. For every job opportunity, you have an excuse. The perfect job isn't out there, you remind of the fairy tale, "The Princess and the Pea."

• Like 2
  • Author
You should always be ready (hair cut, clothes clean) and willing (gladly arrive on time the day you are needed) to work. For every job opportunity, you have an excuse. The perfect job isn't out there, you remind of the fairy tale, "The Princess and the Pea."

I;m sorry but I only get my haircut if I get called for a interview. Especially since it's $30 which can go toward food. Now I got a haircut 5 days ago because I had a interview last week. But if I had no interview I'm not paying $30 to have a nice haircut to be in the house or go to Rite Aid