Girls Harsher Critics Of The Female Body?

You didn't answer my question.
Yes I did. It was answered in a round about way to ensure it remained on topic. I'd say in general, I'm personally less brutal to other women than the PUAs and misogynists have been towards women on LS.

Notice how the above response remains topical and also, individuates?

• Like 1
  • Author
Yes I did. It was answered in a round about way to ensure it remained on topic. I'd say in general, I'm personally less brutal to other women than the PUAs and misogynists have been towards women on LS.

Notice how the above response remains topical and also, individuates?

You came in here and bashed puas, and it made me curious (since I've see you do this before) and I wanted to know why that was so. You never answered the question directly. That's fine, it was a personal question anyway.

Let's go back to the main topic of the thread which is, women and their harsh criticisms of their fellow woman.

Id say I agree with you OP.

Though personally I know Im a harsh critic of bodies. But thats cause I take care of mine. Though Im harsher on guys and constantly size up other dudes and compare my body to theres if I feel they may be competition.

You came in here and bashed puas, and it made me curious (since I've see you do this before) and I wanted to know why that was so. You never answered the question directly. That's fine, it was a personal question anyway.

Let's go back to the main topic of the thread which is, women and their harsh criticisms of their fellow woman.

The opening post includes comparing women on women criticisms to men on women criticisms. I gave you an example of two substantial percentages of males on LS who crap on women far worse than most women would crap on each other. Now if you disagree with my premise, that's fine, your choice. But you'll find that many women on LS are sick and tired of hearing how horrible women are, by these two subsets of the LS male population and to now hear that women are brutal with each other, is pretty much eye-rolling.
  • Like 2

PS - lets not pretend the way men treat women, (and the way our male controlled society raises women), has nothing to do with how women behave. Is it not nailed into women from an early age that most of their value comes from their looks?

Luckily this is starting to change some, but you still have some guys stuck with past mindsets, and you still have useless women who get by with their one asset being their looks.

• Like 1

Not to condone any of it but most of the venom on here towards women is based on the actions of the women these men have experienced and not based on just looks. I am not saying it is right but much of it is guys who had a bad experience and use it as a reason to crap all over the female gender.

• Author
The opening post includes comparing women on women criticisms to men on women criticisms. I gave you an example of two substantial percentages of males on LS who crap on women far worse than most women would crap on each other. Now if you disagree with my premise, that's fine, your choice. But you'll find that many women on LS are sick and tired of hearing how horrible women are, by these two subsets of the LS male population and to now hear that women are brutal with each other, is pretty much eye-rolling.

So far in this thread, the majority of women have agreed with the premise of my OP, with one even admitting she used to take part in some of it. I guess it's how we perceive this board. I'm tired of women always trying to find a way to blame men for something, even in a thread topic that barely features them.

• Like 2
So far in this thread, the majority of women have agreed with the premise of my OP, with one even admitting she used to take part in some of it. I guess it's how we perceive this board. I'm tired of women always trying to find a way to blame men for something, even in a thread topic that barely features them.
No offense but this thread is about women criticizing women in harsher ways than men criticizing women. My point is that I'll have to vehemently disagree within the confines of LS.

Now how you presume even suggesting that this thread isn't about women and that my premise blames men, only your imagination could assume, based on what I've posted.

• Author

Now how you presume even suggesting that this thread isn't about women and that my premise blames men, only your imagination could assume, based on what I've posted.

If I'm understanding correctly, your initial post to this thread was "well but misogynists and puas do it, they criticize 50% of the population, at least women only do it to individuals--in my opinion, that stance seems to lean more towards blaming a select group of men, whereas the majority of women came in here agreeing with me, and even sharing some anecdotal evidence as to why they felt the way they did.

I brought up PUAs and misogynists because of the profusion of them on LS and how thread after thread attempts to disenfranchise women.

In order to suggest that "women" as a category are harsher on other women than categorical "men", you're going to need to include these two segments of the male population.

Or maybe you need to broach it in this way:

Some women are harsher critics on other women, than some men are on women.

If I'm understanding correctly, your initial post to this thread was "well but misogynists and puas do it, they criticize 50% of the population, at least women only do it to individuals--in my opinion, that stance seems to lean more towards blaming a select group of men, whereas the majority of women came in here agreeing with me, and even sharing some anecdotal evidence as to why they felt the way they did.
Read the above, my second post which expands on my position.

To simplify my post for ease of understanding, it means that it's not realistic to generalize women by a subset, as it's not realistic to generalize men by the subsets. I even provided you with another way to approach it.

• Author
Read the above, my second post which expands on my position.

To simplify my post for ease of understanding, it means that it's not realistic to generalize women by a subset, as it's not realistic to generalize men by the subsets. I even provided you with another way to approach it.

Tell that to some of the women who responded to this thread.

Well it's a good thing that a few women who've experienced this, speak for and against all other women. :rolleyes:
  • Author
Well it's a good thing that a few women who've experienced this, speak for and against all other women. :rolleyes:

:p:laugh:.

I've experienced it, but it isn't common, especially past a certain age and maturity level.

More common is what I said first in this thread--women being harder on bodies of women in general, including their own, than men are. And that's not about being nasty, but rather about internalizing messages about our bodies, and honestly feeling that any diversion from "magazine perfect" is unattractive (while most men do not feel that way).

Edited by xxoo
  • Like 1
I've experienced it, but it isn't common, especially past a certain age and maturity level.

More common is what I said first in this thread--women being harder on bodies of women in general, including their own, than men are. And that's not about being nasty, but rather about internalizing messages about our bodies, and honestly feeling that any diversion from "magazine perfect" is unattractive (while most men do not feel that way).

Well then the question becomes which entity within the media is responsible for this subliminal brainwashing and what can we do to educate women against buying into it?

I think men by and large can be very particular, but I wouldn't narrow this to men - women can be the same. I think there are an equal/similar number of women and men who are harsh critics on the body as well as particular about what they are attracted to physically. My opinion.

• Like 1
  • Author
Well then the question becomes which entity within the media is responsible for this subliminal brainwashing and what can we do to educate women against buying into it?

This. This, this, and more this.

Woman are horrible people. If they don't like the way a women looks (because she looks better than they do), they make up rumors to alienate and embarrass her. I have come across a lot of women like this. They start flapping the jaws as soon as they see you and then get a bunch a women on their side. It really amazes me that bitches like this actually have friends. You would think no one would want anything to do with someone like that. Over the years, I learned to deal with them by standing right beside them and talk about stupid and lazy they are in an extremely rude and aggressive tone. It works ever single time. They stand there for a few minutes, finally leave and don't mess with me anymore.

• Like 1

Consumers buying the products--both women and men.

I have had several friends with daughters who almost had to pull them out of school because of bullying.

I was allowed to drop out of school because of bullying, from both girls and boys. It mostly came from girls, but the boys did nothing to help - most of them looked at me like I were something to be tolerated, but there was a general "ew" attitude. Even this guy I had a crush on (initially), said nothing, when he could have - he liked me, too, we saw each other a lot outside of school, since we lived next-door to each other, and our mothers were friends. At school, he acted like he barely knew me. He asked after me after I dropped out, and asked me out almost five months later, but he couldn't stand up for me when I needed help.

Yeah, girls can be vicious. There's a book called Odd Girl Out, that brought it all back for me, but I've experienced it since high school, too.

I read something once that said "Women are always in competition with each other, in one way or another". Perhaps this is just natural competition? *shrugs*.

I don't relate to that, although it seems that it applies to some girls/women. It is amazing how the claws can come out - I've had to sharpen my own, thanks to what's been going on with my sister, of all people; the sister I've always protected, and stood up for, brainwashed by an *******. The ones closest to you, who know all of your insecurities, know right where to hit you; I finally did it back to her, but that didn't make me feel any better.

I had this rule when I was younger, that I wouldn't be mean to someone, just because they were mean to me, and I've tried to keep that going, but I don't handle things so gracefully anymore.

BetheButterfly

I think it's sad when people (either men or women) are so shallow. :(

When I see a beautiful lady, I admire her beauty. I'm not jealous of her, though I wish I could be more like her.

I have never though talked badly about how another woman looked. Why in the world would I? Now, if a woman is overweight, I do hope she loses weight for her own health. (I have struggled with weight so I know how that is.) However, I don't insult or gossip about her.

Maybe the women who insult or gossip about other women are jealous or insecure? I do not understand though how insulting or gossiping about other women make them feel better about themselves...?

Woman are horrible people. If they don't like the way a women looks (because she looks better than they do), they make up rumors to alienate and embarrass her. I have come across a lot of women like this. They start flapping the jaws as soon as they see you and then get a bunch a women on their side. It really amazes me that bitches like this actually have friends. You would think no one would want anything to do with someone like that. Over the years, I learned to deal with them by standing right beside them and talk about stupid and lazy they are in an extremely rude and aggressive tone. It works ever single time. They stand there for a few minutes, finally leave and don't mess with me anymore.

SOME women do this. Just like SOME women will go for another woman's date/partner/spouse. Not all of us will.

• Like 1